Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 3, 2011 4:10 PM

Jun 2008
According to their press release, Sentai Filmworks has announced their license of the TV anime No.6. Sentai Filmworks will release the 11 episode series soon through digital outlets and will release it on home video next year.

Source: Press release.
myanimelistllcMar 13, 2016 1:13 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 3, 2011 4:31 PM

May 2008
e____e....

I love No.6 but seriously chill the fuck out and wait until it's finished airing. Christ.

Aug 3, 2011 4:32 PM

Apr 2010
cool, its nice to see that series are being liscened more often now

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Aug 3, 2011 4:37 PM

May 2011
Woot! Gotta say I'm excited for it!
Furuba is love. Furuba is life.
Aug 3, 2011 4:45 PM

Aug 2009
I don't know whether to be excited that I'll be able to buy it...

Or horrified of what they could possibly do to my favorite show of the season, quite possibly the year.

Actually, I have a better idea. How about they translate the actual light novels? I care about those way more than the anime. It's kind of useless to license the anime, when it feels like it's just another way to bring attention and more fans to the novels. Or maybe they'll license the anime and someone will pick up the novels and bring those over.

Either way, SOMEONE FRIGGIN LICENSE THE NOVELS.
Aug 3, 2011 4:47 PM

Jan 2010
This seems interesting. I might buy it.
Aug 3, 2011 5:01 PM

Jan 2010
Gay guys and tits...the only two things that sell here.

Smart move on their part for licensing this.
Ok™
Aug 3, 2011 5:06 PM

May 2007
KayChan4U said:
e____e....

I love No.6 but seriously chill the fuck out and wait until it's finished airing. Christ.

This might be the first time I have ever seen someone wanting companies to license slower. I don't have much to say about No. 6 otherwise, just found it weird.
My anime list
Aug 3, 2011 5:24 PM
Sep 2007
McRib said:
Gay guys and tits...the only two things that sell here.

Smart move on their part for licensing this.

sad but true. -_-
Aug 3, 2011 5:33 PM

Nov 2008
don't know what to say cause i haven't watch it yet
Aug 3, 2011 6:04 PM
Oct 2009
Seeing as how "great" Sentai's dubs have been recently, I feel bad for the anime.
Aug 3, 2011 6:42 PM

Aug 2007
B-chan911 said:
Seeing as how "great" Sentai's dubs have been recently, I feel bad for the anime.
they dub? why everytime I watch their animu, it's always subtitles?

anyways, i was about to watch No.6 on Crunchyroll :c (or at least i watched 5 minutes of it)
Aug 3, 2011 7:11 PM

Sep 2010
If they dub it I'll buy it if not I'll stick to my Crunchy subs.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 3, 2011 7:13 PM

May 2008
mitamaking said:
KayChan4U said:
e____e....

This might be the first time I have ever seen someone wanting companies to license slower. I don't have much to say about No. 6 otherwise, just found it weird.

Well idk to me it just seems like all these anime companies have to be "OMG ME FIRST ME FIRST" like certain fansubbing groups. You know?

Aug 3, 2011 7:46 PM

Aug 2009
I am astonished that at least third of people who post on here (or any other license announcement) can do is bitch about it. "It's so horrible that it is going to be available for legal purchase in North America, NOOOO!!!"

Really, the whining is annoying. And I don't even like the show that much.
Aug 3, 2011 7:52 PM

Aug 2009
AstuteOtaku said:
I am astonished that at least third of people who post on here (or any other license announcement) can do is bitch about it. "It's so horrible that it is going to be available for legal purchase in North America, NOOOO!!!"

I'm not complaining about the licensing. I love the thought that I could buy it. I just hate the thought of a butchered dub and what they could change. God knows what else will get lost in translation.
Aug 3, 2011 9:07 PM
Oct 2009
I just hate the thought that a butchered dub is even a possibility in 2011.

Smile, Sweet, Sister, Sadistic, Surprise, Service, Slider
Aug 4, 2011 1:11 AM
Jul 2018
ycart59 said:
AstuteOtaku said:

I'm not complaining about the licensing. I love the thought that I could buy it. I just hate the thought of a butchered dub and what they could change. God knows what else will get lost in translation.

ycart ycart

It is so easy.
Just don't watch the dub.

Plus, you must not worry too much, Sentai hardly ever does dubs.
They have only been dubbing the more popular shows, something like this will probably be sub only like most of their releases.

KayChan4U said:
e____e....

Does it really matter?
Aug 4, 2011 1:36 AM

Jun 2008
iCab said:
ycart59 said:
AstuteOtaku said:

ycart ycart

It is so easy.

They have only been dubbing the more popular shows, something like this will probably be sub only like most of their releases.

People must not be paying much attention to Sentai's habits to keep saying things like this. They've been doing a lot more dubs recently (rather few of their recent releases have been sub-only) and they plan to do more. I won't be at all surprised to see this get dubbed.
Aug 4, 2011 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
Redfoxoffire said:
iCab said:
ycart59 said:
AstuteOtaku said:

ycart ycart

It is so easy.

People must not be paying much attention to Sentai's habits to keep saying things like this. They've been doing a lot more dubs recently (rather few of their recent releases have been sub-only) and they plan to do more. I won't be at all surprised to see this get dubbed.

I have paid attention to what they have been doing, hence my last sentence.

Look at the shows that have been dubbed recently or at all.
Clannad, Angel Beats, Highschool of the Dead.

They are still putting out releases with out dubs too.
Allison and lillia, Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka, Kimikiss

I'm not saying that there is no chance of show getting a dub, I'm just saying its unlikely and there is still hope for the people who like to buy anime and are too lazy to change the language settings.
removed-userAug 4, 2011 10:38 AM
Aug 4, 2011 11:00 AM

Jul 2011
That was quick it isn't even finished airing yet but still i'm glad can't wait love this series.
Aug 4, 2011 1:10 PM

Jun 2008
iCab said:

I'm not saying that there is no chance of show getting a dub, I'm just saying its unlikely and there is still hope for the people who like to buy anime and are too lazy to change the language settings.

Blue Drop
Canaan
Clannad After Story
Demon King Daimao
Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls (it's announced to be getting a dub)
Night Raid 1931 (Senkō no Night Raid)
Tears to Tiara
Xam'd

It's not like I'm trying to say they always do dubs or that No.6 will definitely be dubbed, but to say Sentai "hardly" ever dubs is pretty inaccurate.
Aug 4, 2011 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
Redfoxoffire said:
iCab said:

Blue Drop
Canaan
Clannad After Story
Demon King Daimao
Tears to Tiara
Xam'd

It's not like I'm trying to say they always do dubs or that No.6 will definitely be dubbed, but to say Sentai "hardly" ever dubs is pretty inaccurate.

Well I know Canaan was originally released with sub only, but you're right, they have been dropping more dubs then they used to.
Aug 4, 2011 3:28 PM

Jun 2008
iCab said:
Redfoxoffire said:
iCab said:

Blue Drop
Canaan
Clannad After Story
Demon King Daimao
Tears to Tiara
Xam'd

Well I know Canaan was originally released with sub only, but you're right, they have been dropping more dubs then they used to.

Yeah, same with Clannad and Blue Drop, and Demon King was originally going to be sub-only. Back in the day it would be true that Sentai didn't dub much (maybe not at all), that's why in my original response I noted their "recent" activity.
Aug 4, 2011 9:27 PM

Oct 2008
It doesn't really affect me because I don't live in North America but nice to see it licensed I guess.
Aug 6, 2011 4:50 AM

Aug 2009
iCab said:
ycart59 said:
AstuteOtaku said:

ycart ycart

It is so easy.

Well, I'm pretty late. But it's nice to see you, iCab. It's been a while, hasn't it? I think I still have your number locked away somewhere in my phone.

Anyway, if they offer me a dub, you'll be damned I'm gonna watch it. Sure, it'll probably just to complain about it, but still. I would like if they didn't dub it, but I'm also thinking about their subtitles. I've been reading along with the novel while this has been coming out, and I like how they've stuck very well with the dialogue from the novel. But, knowing English translations, it'll probably be changed a lot. I already know what they're saying, so it's not a big deal, but still. It shouldn't be something that I care too deeply about, but it'll just be a thing that bugs me to no end.
Aug 6, 2011 2:58 PM

Jul 2010
I doubt they'll do a dub.
Sentai mostly dub ecchi, moe, and fan service anime. I find it unfair that all the good series don't get a dub.
Sep 17, 2011 8:17 PM

Mar 2008
kokocho said:
It doesn't really affect me because I don't live in North America but nice to see it licensed I guess.

same for me...
If it's worth it, then why not just buy it.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
8 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.