MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Pages (6) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 3.8 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Bleach Chapter 459 Discussion

Aug 3, 2011 9:02 AM

Han-yuu said:
Kubo, please explain why we had all those full bringer chapters when all ichigo needed was to get stabbed in the chest by Rukia?

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25906

Answer was given.

Aug 3, 2011 9:18 AM

The explaination better be good, don't tell me the secret to stopping absorbing shinigami powers is gloves with sparkles.

You know, in the 3rd close-up of Ginjo in the Death & Strawberry 2 black page makes him look like Crocodile from One Piece without the scar across the face. The new zanpakuto looks like an axe-sword fusion.

Overall, okay chapter, back to the beginning blah blah blah, next chapter should be good for Bleach, this chapter only managed to push them up one place in the ranking.
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist

Aug 3, 2011 9:27 AM

Wow! This chapter was so cool! Rukia looks very pretty + she's finally a liutenant! And her glove -thingies look almost the same as Byakuya's... I wonder what Byakuya and Renji look now... 83

Aug 3, 2011 9:29 AM

wow again the formula of stabbing = power

Aug 3, 2011 9:33 AM

YEX said:
I'm in between shocked and confuse.

The shocked part is that RUKIA IS BACK !! ^_^

The confuse part is how does the stabbing had to do with Ichigo getting back his Shinigami power back !?

She stabbed him with the sword both Isshin and Urahara prepared.

My guess is that Isshin poured some of his shinigami powers into that blade and transfered them to Ichigo.

This acted like a fuel to Ichigo's plot engine, and presto we're back at square 1

Also did anybody notice that Rukia with short hair looks like Nozomi from the filler arc?

Aug 3, 2011 9:34 AM

Just when I thought Kubo's trolling couldn't get any worse. Then I read this chapter...

Aug 3, 2011 9:34 AM

pungi said:
RobUsaB said:
YEX said:

The confuse part is how does the stabbing had to do with Ichigo getting back his Shinigami power back !?

You guys are all forgetting that Ichigo originally got shinigami powers by...getting stabbed by Rukia's zanpaktou. I imagine the same kind of thing is happening here, though I bet all the preparation that was being teased at us was so Rukia wouldn't lose all her powers again. And maybe some alterations had to be made in order for this method to work a second time.

As I wrote before: Rukia didn't use her own zanpaktou to pierce him, so she will not lose any of her power.

What are you talking about? Of course it was her Zanpaktou that gave him the powers.

Aug 3, 2011 9:38 AM

Best Chapter in a while. I got happy for once reading bleach and it looks like it's going back uphill from here on. The fullbring arc was horrible to me and I noticed bleach's rating went from 8.11 to 8.09 since it started. Although Ichigo getting his powers back because of a stab (Again) is kind of weird because I'm now thinking "Why couldn't she do that before" but now that I think about it again I see that he wasn't able to see Rukia because he lost all his reiatsu but after him getting a fullbring he was able to see her again because he regained his spirtual awarenesswhich also makes Rukia able to stab him again. This chapter made me somewhat like Bleach again!!! :) *I wonder if the captains and lieutenants of soul society look as different as Rukia does*

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"

Aug 3, 2011 9:40 AM

Explicitz said:

What are you talking about? Of course it was her Zanpaktou that gave him the powers.

at the beginning of the series, yes. Not in this chapter though. She used the spirit like zanpakutou that Isshin and Urahara were charging (or whatever) since a couple of chapters ago.

Aug 3, 2011 9:43 AM

I enjoyed the hell out of this chapter and even started celebrating a little bit while I'm here at work lol. But I can see how the Fullbring stuff could be filler, but it also gives a bit more depth (I think anyways) to some other side characters, like Chad and Inoue (mainly about how they trained so they wouldn't be a burden anymore). Anyone think that the Fullbring stuff might come back to him and combine his Fullbring with his Shinigami/Hollow (possibly Hollow, not sure) powers? So fucking happy Rukia is back though. Time to kick some major ass.

Do you think even though he just got his powers back, he can pull out his Bankai?

Aug 3, 2011 9:49 AM

The title of the chapter spoiled that it would be calling back to the first volume of Bleach, where Rukia first gave Ichigo his powers with another chest-stab. Ginjo's betrayal was masterfully done, even though Death Note already did the same device.

Still, nice to see Rukia's return, and it was a nice "coming full circle" moment to celebrate the 10th anniversary. Interesting to see Byakuya finally stopped protecting her an let her become a lieutenant!

I wonder if Yama-jii stopped letting Ikkaku and Renji sit on their thumbs and made them captains already. Everyone's seen Renji's Bankai because he can't fight without it, and Ikkaku's Bankai seems to be a very open secret, to be honest. It's one thing to be all "I wanna die under this man's command!" but eventually you have to take the lead yourself.

I kinda hope that after he beats down Ginjo he gets his Fullbring powers back, and we see some kinda wicked shinigami/fullbring/hollow? hybrid mode. Also, if that was Rukia's zanpakuto that he got stabbed with at the end, would be be able to use her shikai powers? Just a thought ...

4/5

Aug 3, 2011 9:56 AM

So...the point of all the fullbring stuff was just trolling?

Aug 3, 2011 9:57 AM

I was waiting for it, finally Isshin's plan started to work..

Aug 3, 2011 10:05 AM

Hopefully we still have Hichigo sitting around.

Aug 3, 2011 10:17 AM

anybody else noticing how bleach is becoming like pokemon?
you know, how they won't change the f*cking protagonist even when his story should've been done 5 arcs ago............

Aug 3, 2011 10:25 AM

Best freakin chapter man im happy ichigo got his powers back and RUKIA IS A LT. Its like episode 1/ chapter 1 all over again

Aug 3, 2011 10:27 AM

Nice! Why hello, Lieutenant Rukia! It's about time you got that promotion. And welcome back Ichigo. You looked too damn pitiful crying in the rain demanding your power back. Now f*ck them up w/ your new blade!

Aug 3, 2011 10:29 AM

Rukia Kuchiki got a upper-graded.. It is awesome, I hope his brother is proud of her now.
I notice they dressed in the same way
It is a nostalgy for Itchigo, where everything has begun...With the power of Rukia.
I hope Inoue or Hashigen the Vizard will repair his fullbring, I think Itchigo need more power for the rest. Especially if Aizen go out of his jail.
We can see he always has his badge of shinigami.
I wonder how Kisuke created this Zanpakto. Kisuke is a genius more than Mayuri.
And for the moment the fight is balanced by the arriving of the shinigamis

Aug 3, 2011 10:40 AM

Right. Of course it'd be Rukia. At least she looks way more awesome now than she ever did. Ichigo's upgraded zanpakuto looks pretty badass too.

Aug 3, 2011 10:44 AM

RUKIA FINALLY CAME BACK!!! YES!!!
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR HER TO COME BACK!!!

haha! She has short hair too!
And she got promoted to vice captain?? Hm! Cool!!!

Aug 3, 2011 10:46 AM

Best chapter of Bleach in almost a decade.

Aug 3, 2011 10:46 AM

Ichigo looks like if he was wearing Mugetsu once again. Wrapped in cloth Armor elements under the Shinigami cloth.
Hope we will see Zangetsu in the Ichigo inner world again.

Fullbring wasn't a filler. They are related to the Badge Ichigo got from Ukitake. Would it be wrong to think that Ginjo and Ichigo as Badge owners can sap fullbring power from other ppl or that Badge itself fed by Fullbringer's power would make her owner gain some special ability?

Rukia looks cute with the new hair and gloves. Would be nice if she had skirt like that filler girl from Anime (Nozomi right?).

Next big troll: Ginjo is Aizen =D

Aug 3, 2011 10:49 AM

OMG!!! I knew Rukia would be coming soon!!!!!! :D :D
now that fullrbing crap is FINALLY GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"sometimes i wonder if it's worth always wearing black as i suffer under the sweltering summer sun and feel like melting. the answer is yes." - Dan Howell

Aug 3, 2011 10:55 AM

ichigo's new gears look cool!! and finally! rukia ishh back~ and love her hair ;)

Aug 3, 2011 10:57 AM

AM i the only one who thinks, that it is still repeating the same things . i don't dislike the arc but .......

Rescue Rukia
Rescue Inoue
This arc : Rescue everyone with a twist

Aug 3, 2011 11:12 AM

Damn the power up for one stab in the chest is bad enough but TWICE (once by ginjou, once by rukia)... the world is gonna end with that kind of shit!

Aug 3, 2011 11:16 AM

RUKIA!! Looks awesome as usual. New hair = win in my book!
Does anyone think his zanpakutou looks... kind of different? I don't remember seeing the insides curling into sharp spikes like that. Looks more badass imo
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SakataKintoki&sclick=1]

Aug 3, 2011 11:22 AM

This was a great chapter... only let down for me was Ichigo crying because he lost...that was a bit out of character for me.. anyway apart from that I absolutely loved this chapter.. glad to see Rukia back as a lieutenant and Ichigo"s new outfit looks way better than his fullbring...and did you guys notice that the title of the chapter is the same as the first Bleach chapter

Aug 3, 2011 11:42 AM

Rukia in short hair ftw! And Ichigo's bread cutting knife is even more absurd. But still, I hope he regained his powers form when he'd fought Aizen and is going to pwn the baddies. There're annoying as hell. Still, nice chapter:)

Aug 3, 2011 12:00 PM

06blackheart said:
This was a great chapter... only let down for me was Ichigo crying because he lost...that was a bit out of character for me.

He was not crying because he lost.

Up until now he was led to believe he has no allies, the enemies USED his bonds and friendship and easy-trusting-heart to DESTROY him, he distrusted HIS LAST FRIEND AND ALLY only to get stabbed by his LAST ALLY HE TRUSTED and he just lost the power he got(escaping from the misery of powerlessness that is worse than death to someone of his character) and even that power he was manipulated into getting. I do wonder on how will this affect his character.

SolidSnakeUS said:

Do you think even though he just got his powers back, he can pull out his Bankai?

NOtice that his clothes and sword look different? Would not be surprised if he got something else than zangetsu - either engetsu, some sort of kurosaki heirloom or ks.

Han-yuu said:
Kubo, please explain why we had all those full bringer chapters when all ichigo needed was to get stabbed in the chest by Rukia?

because you lack the most simple reading comprehension.

Hypno-girl said:
I wonder if it couldn't be Isshin's zan that Ichigo inherited, that or a family heirloom zan as the Kurosaki is obviously a branch of an important family in SS or soul guard.

Its more interesting that so far only ukitake seemed to recognise Ichigo's power signature. And exactly right after that he entrusted him the badge which obviously is something else than " subtitute license" (since no one heard of that stuff and ishida had very ominous feeling about it)

belarion said:
At least we got rid of the power ranger suit

You don't mean hollow armor do you? Considering it looked nothing like power rangers and more like your usual high level hollow body, ala grimjaw, etc.

kevin_video said:
I love how the lead up for the full bring is just thrown out the window, and he just gets his powers back instead. I'm not sure how I should feel about this chapter. It's nice that it's back to basics, but still.

If you have followed CLOSELY, you would have noticed that this arc HAD NO REAL UP TO ICHIGO's fb powers. it was treated in very non-chalant way, the outfit reveal came in calm atmosphere and so on.
YEX said:

Re-read the chapters before. The sword was what Urahara and Isshin were creating.

------------

Anyway, good to know that what those who still READ the chapters and not skim them have been saying is true. Ishida got double-teamed. Tsukishima was distraction before ginjou got in the way to cut him.

EDIT: Also I just love how this draws parallels between power and drugs. Ichigo is addicted to his own power in a very very bad way.

EDIT2: Also i love the beautiful symmetry of this chapter. 10 years ago. On August 3rd, Bleach manga started. 10 years latter, 10 year anniversary is marked by coming back of rukia and ichigo gaining his powers in very similar way as he did before.
Modified by CookingPriest, Aug 3, 2011 12:10 PM

Aug 3, 2011 12:09 PM

Fai said:
SolidSnakeUS said:

NOtice that his clothes and sword look different? Would not be surprised if he got something else than zangetsu - either engetsu, some sort of kurosaki heirloom or ks.

I noticed the new sword and clothes, I just want to know what people think if he could do that. If it is technically a new soul in the sword, then it might be a bit different from the previous Bankai... unless I'm wrong? I was just curious if he possibly do it not off the bat. Also, because of this, he won't be ignored by Soul Society again... unless he loses his power again lol.

Aug 3, 2011 12:11 PM

I wonder how much Rukia's return was influenced by shitty ratings that Bleach has been having recently...

Aug 3, 2011 12:13 PM

SolidSnakeUS said:
Fai said:
SolidSnakeUS said:

I noticed the new sword and clothes, I just want to know what people think if he could do that. If it is technically a new soul in the sword, then it might be a bit different from the previous Bankai... unless I'm wrong? I was just curious if he possibly do it not off the bat. Also, because of this, he won't be ignored by Soul Society again... unless he loses his power again lol.

Actually it would be interesting on where SS stands in this (remember the quote through badge?)

For all the know the only SS member on Ichigo's side right now is rukia and everyone else is in belief Ichigo just did something realllly really bad.

And yes, power nature would be different, but the power type and style would still reflect his personality. Which also brings up the question, on how different his powers will be according to his current personality in regards to the one he had in first chapter.

lubryka said:
I wonder how much Rukia's return was influenced by shitty ratings that Bleach has been having recently...

Considering this whole arc was very masterfully pre-planned so far, I'd say no effect whatsoever.

---------------

EDIT: Also, Ichigo's paranoia really is blossoming. He distrusted his own father right now. Really wondering how his personality will be after this.

Aug 3, 2011 12:18 PM

Fai said:
SolidSnakeUS said:
Fai said:
SolidSnakeUS said:

Actually it would be interesting on where SS stands in this (remember the quote through badge?)

For all the know the only SS member on Ichigo's side right now is rukia and everyone else is in belief Ichigo just did something really really bad.

And yes, power nature would be different, but the power type and style would still reflect his personality. Which also brings up the question, on how different his powers will be according to his current personality in regards to the one he had in first chapter.

Well he has definitely become a much tougher person (mentally and personality wise) over the course of Bleach. So if you ask me, his new power would probably follow suit and be more powerful. For some reason, I'm thinking of the Transmigration ability in Disgaea games where if you were to go back to level 1, but you have much better base stats and the stats level up more than they did previously when you do go up a level. Just something I thought of. But yeah, I think Rukia is the only one who really knows anything that is part of SS. Honestly, I think she wanted to do this more than anything. I didn't think she was a person to just completely ignore or forget about someone. But honestly, with her, his dad, Urihara and Ichigo's returned Shinigami power could easily take on anyone mind controlled + Ginjo and (can't remember his name guy).
Modified by SolidSnakeUS, Aug 3, 2011 12:23 PM

Aug 3, 2011 12:21 PM

Finally this is the type of bleach I've been waiting for
All we need now is just hollow Ichigo.

Aug 3, 2011 12:27 PM

Karhu said:
Han-yuu said:

Answer was given.

good one

Aug 3, 2011 12:27 PM

SolidSnakeUS said:
But yeah, I think Rukia is the only one who really knows anything that is part of SS. Honestly, I think she wanted to do this more than anything. I didn't think she was a person to just completely ignore or forget about someone. But honestly, with her, his dad, Urihara and Ichigo's returned Shinigami power could easily take on anyone mind controlled + Ginjo and (can't remember his name guy).

Actually going by that quote ("WHAT? Ichigo would never do such thing!") of rukia's we heard through badge, it seems that Rukia was the only one in disbelief.

So i am thinking it went similar to this:
"SS is all ' ichigo did that and that, let's execute', so rukia contacts urahara, which in turn contacts isshin, who obviously is connected in some way to those fbs, so they devise a plan"

If i am right, Ichigo right now should be in perma-shinigami mode(since his body " vanished" when he was stabbed), hence " ruin my son's future" phrase of Isshin's.

AS for personality:
The start ichigo was all about rushing with brute force. However through the manga he sort of developed a genius level of in-battle thinking and tends to analyze his opponents, their weaknesses and personalities, etc. Not to mention that right now, when he got his powers back, Ichigo has been in constant paranoia, depression and does not trust anyone including his own father. That has bound to reflect upon the powers too.

Aug 3, 2011 12:31 PM

so Ichigo has new powers and shit.... will kill those 2 bastards etc

and what about the next arc? i wanna see some Quincy stuff or smth about his father damn..

Aug 3, 2011 12:37 PM

smokes said:
so Ichigo has new powers and shit.... will kill those 2 bastards etc

and what about the next arc? i wanna see some Quincy stuff or smth about his father damn..

I doubt it will be as easy.

New powers mean that he will most likely have trouble handling them and Ginjou/Tsukishima obviously have ulterior motive and goals and connection to Isshin.

AFter all this arc IS a lead-in into Isshin's past and kubo has stated in some interviews already that when viewers see Isshin's past, ichigo's birth and the truth behind kurosaki family, everything in bleach will gain a new meaning.

Aug 3, 2011 12:38 PM

smokes said:
Karhu said:
Han-yuu said:

Answer was given.

good one

"Tite Kubo just recently showed us that Kurosaki is actually spideman. O.o Didn't see that one coming.My money were on Hulk.

I have also heard that Kurosaki is a cat but after he died the 10th time I lost my believe to that."

LMAO

Aug 3, 2011 12:51 PM

so, all those chapters spent on training Ichigo for his fullbring were turned meaningless in an instant and then in another instant, he becomes a shinigami again... hopefully kubo can keep up this momentum for a while and actually explain properly what the hell is going on.

Aug 3, 2011 12:56 PM

hellblaster said:
so, all those chapters spent on training Ichigo for his fullbring were turned meaningless in an instant

If you actually believed that those chapters were about TRAINING ITSELF, then i have very bad news about your capability to read stuff :/

Aug 3, 2011 1:09 PM

Fai said:
Han-yuu said:

because you lack the most simple reading comprehension.

Let me think.
- Ichigo spent 17 months in karakura town without any power. he didn't even need that.
- Someone stole Ginjo bag as planned and he was running after him and ichigo was behind ginjo but still ichigo saved his bag and returned to him, but after few chapter he didn't suspect why his bag was stolen in the first place when he got amazing powers like that.
- Ginjo approached him and said something about his father, sister and urahara, and ichigo easily fell into his trap, even though ichigo should have known his sister had powers to communicate with souls, so becoming a soul reaper is not absurd. (where is ichigo character development for 420+ chapters?)
- Ishida is useless as ever. Kubo must hate him. so i won't ask for character development.
- Tsukishima easily cut Chad and Orihime. i wonder what the hell were they doing until now. at-least become useful once. everytime ichigo need to rescue them?
- Ichigo trained under a shaddy guy with lame excuse like "we want to give our powers to you" and he didn't suspect a thing. again where is character development? ichigo is not some kindergarten student and he spent large time in battle field and defeated opponent like aizen.
- Urahara and Isshin were doing preparation to give ichigo powers back. Why now? did they know ichigo fell into enemy trap? so he will need shinigami powers in the end? was not there anyone, isshin or urahara, yoroichi or someone from Soul society to take on these shady guys and save ichigo first? what if ginjo had killed him when he took his powers?
- And here comes hero's to save the day and again stabbed ichigo in the chest and he got his all powers back.
- Now they will beat the crap out of shady guys and what? In my opinion this whole arc was filler to give ichigo his powers back. kubo introduced a new group. not to mention everyone got pwned so easily. ichigo believed ginjo, was out of character for trying to kill tsukishima and running around like that. ishida, chad, orihime useless as ever. Karakura young group is still on point zero, physically and mentally both.

Aug 3, 2011 1:21 PM

smokes said:
about time we have an exciting bleach chapter

Aug 3, 2011 1:22 PM

Han-yuu said:

- Ichigo spent 17 months in karakura town without any power. he didn't even need that.
- Someone stole Ginjo bag as planned and he was running after him and ichigo was behind ginjo but still ichigo saved his bag and returned to him, but after few chapter he didn't suspect why his bag was stolen in the first place when he got amazing powers like that.
- Ginjo approached him and said something about his father, sister and urahara, and ichigo easily fell into his trap, even though ichigo should have known his sister had powers to communicate with souls, so becoming a soul reaper is not absurd. (where is ichigo character development for 420+ chapters?)
- Ishida is useless as ever. Kubo must hate him. so i won't ask for character development.
- Tsukishima easily cut Chad and Orihime. i wonder what the hell were they doing until now. at-least become useful once. everytime ichigo need to rescue them?
- Ichigo trained under a shaddy guy with lame excuse like "we want to give our powers to you" and he didn't suspect a thing. again where is character development? ichigo is not some kindergarten student and he spent large time in battle field and defeated opponent like aizen.
- Urahara and Isshin were doing preparation to give ichigo powers back. Why now? did they know ichigo fell into enemy trap? so he will need shinigami powers in the end? was not there anyone, isshin or urahara, yoroichi or someone from Soul society to take on these shady guys and save ichigo first? what if ginjo had killed him when he took his powers?
- And here comes hero's to save the day and again stabbed ichigo in the chest and he got his all powers back.
- Now they will beat the crap out of shady guys and what? In my opinion this whole arc was filler to give ichigo his powers back. kubo introduced a new group. not to mention everyone got pwned so easily. ichigo believed ginjo, was out of character for trying to kill tsukishima and running around like that. ishida, chad, orihime useless as ever. Karakura young group is still on point zero, physically and mentally both.

As I said lack of reading comprehension.

- And it was used to display and develop on just how distressed Ichigo is without his powers and how disillusioned he is with normalcy. HE COULD NOT STAND IT.
- And if you had reading comprehension, you would have realized that Ginjou arranged the whole bag steal to test out Ichigo.
- But Ichigo KNOWS NOTHING about those two, he had distrust in urahara since whole aizen thing ended and his sister by all the means should not even know Urahara.
- Ishida got double-teamed by two possibly very powerful people who can fight without reiatsu. Going by Chad's powerlevel alone, fb's would most likely rival in power most of captains, senior captains excluded.
- See above.
- Thats exactly because of character development. HE WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING WITH VAIZARDS. He, alongside some of viewers was lulled into a feel that it will be the same. It was not.
- Yet another case of lacking reading comprehension. Badge quote from rukia. Fact that Isshin is obviously connected to FB's. learn to read.
- Yes because thats exactly how Shinigami powers are gotten. Ichigo got them the very same way in chapter 1. Except this time he was stabbed with something Urahra made that was not Rukia's sword.
- reading comprehension. you seriously lack it if after all this build up and clues, you still can't see how this all connects to the main plotline and kurosaki heraldry mysteries, not to mention Badge mystery that has been going on since ukitake " recognized" ichigo's reiatsu and suddenly gave him the item no one knew what for.

Aug 3, 2011 1:33 PM

I love Rukia('s new hair) so much.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."

Aug 3, 2011 1:34 PM

Nozomi is in the manga!

Good chapter, we see Rukia back again! Wonder how this will turn out. Not only that, she became lieutenant f squad 13?? I knew it!

my PSN theoutlawjak

Aug 3, 2011 1:37 PM

Why didn't they do this sooner?

Aug 3, 2011 1:39 PM

finally Isshin, Urahara and ... Rukia. sick of Ginjo and those other losers. kick their asses already.

Aug 3, 2011 1:42 PM

I loved this chapter :) I thought that shinigami was Rukia from some of the previous chapter!! I can't wait to see Ichigo defeat them~ I hope Isshin's past will be revealed now!! Can't wait for next chapter XD

Pages (6) 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 3.8 » ... Last »