Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2008 1:20 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
love monster finally ended! the way they saved the world was kinda blah and cheesy.....but it was sweet nonetheless XP

kinda sad that it's over now >.<

Jun 27, 2008 2:50 PM

Jan 2007
as expected, one big cheezefest. overall, it was a nice ride I guess. gets a 5 from me.
Jun 27, 2008 8:09 PM

Jul 2007
DAMN that shit was fucking CHEEZY LOL. The worst part though is that this was actually a good quality manga until the last few chapters where they just cheezed that shit up without finishing the development of L, Haine, and resolving their shit with Hiyo. Oh well, it was an entertaining ride, I guess I'll give it a 7/10.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Jun 27, 2008 11:52 PM

Jan 2008
yeah...i was wishing Haine to have more character developement...><"" it sucks how it ended soo fastT_T!! i loved this manga:(!!...noo it has ended...the ending was okay lol.

Jun 28, 2008 4:56 AM

Oct 2007
mui said:
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
love monster finally ended! the way they saved the world was kinda blah and cheesy.....but it was sweet nonetheless XP

What did you expect? you are reading LOVE MONSTER!!! LL
Jun 28, 2008 4:39 PM
Jan 2008
I didnt get the part Hiyo's father ( i mean... he was hiyo's father, wasn't he?? o_o'') saying that he spend ten thousand years to i dont know what! @_@ WTF? Ten thousand years? And he had a black and a white wings! o_o' I dont know... Maybe its because my english is not so good ¬¬' What i can do?
Buut the end was ok! :) They had their first sexual experience Hahah :)
Jun 29, 2008 8:52 AM
Jun 2008
I kind of expected a little more.. But I was cute:D 3 from me
Jul 5, 2008 2:28 PM

Apr 2008
It was an okay ending cheesy but cute. I say it would have been better if Hiyo killed Kurou >.< lol

Breath||
Jul 5, 2008 7:24 PM

Mar 2008
Karol_Campos said:
I didnt get the part Hiyo's father ( i mean... he was hiyo's father, wasn't he?? o_o'') saying that he spend ten thousand years to i dont know what! @_@ WTF? Ten thousand years? And he had a black and a white wings! o_o' I dont know... Maybe its because my english is not so good ¬¬' What i can do?
Buut the end was ok! :) They had their first sexual experience Hahah :)

Yea i didn't get the whole wing thing either:S

also does Hiyo still have her wings? Kurou does and she should to, she's the white crow afterall

and I agree cheeeeeeeeeeeeesiest ending but it would've been really sad if she killed him...unless something magical happens(as it often does) and he ends up being alive anyway

meh t'was okay
Jul 8, 2008 6:42 PM
May 2008
i don't know about shou's wings, but i think the idea of having a black and white wing is really cool.
it was cute! cheesy, but cute! and they finally did it!
but aww... it's over... any recommendations for what to read next? i'm looking for something completely scanlated though so i don't have to get frustrated :)
Jul 9, 2008 5:46 PM

Apr 2007
The manga was awesome, the cheesiness was quite chessy ( ;P ) but overall I liked it as a whole!

Jul 11, 2008 9:27 PM

Jun 2008
i think Hiyo lost her wings becuz before the world was recreated, she couldnt spread her wings and there was only one feather left so the feather was used for that last wish..ending was a bit umm not original but it was one of the best mangas i ever read
hiyo's father having a white and black white wings is cool didnt notice that b4 i thought he had black wings only O__O previous chapters when he first came to visit hiyo at the academy

"...and so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
Jul 12, 2008 12:56 AM

Apr 2008
meh.... it was completely cheesy, but it was completely adorable. I can't say that I'm not happy with it.
Jul 21, 2008 12:41 AM

May 2008
I found a great theory on the ending. It was by rinchan089 (mangafox.com)
rinchan089 said:
I am a little disappointed with the ending, but I have a theory about Hiyo's dad.

I think that Hiyo's dad created everything. He created Miyako (hence why she couldn't tell his past or future). Miyako then creates the world. Sorta like he's Chaos and she's Gaia from Greek mythology. Shou came first and 'gave birth to' Miyako who created life and stuff.

That's my theory. And, as to the different colored wings... Because Chaos is everything squished into one, he would be both the Demon King and the White Crow. He is both the ultimate in good and the ultimate in evil. Before he met Hiyo's mom, he may have been disappointed with the earth, and especially with his mistreatment.

And, perhaps, he could be god in the flesh, like Jesus. Or something. And, because Hiyo is the daughter of Chaos/Jesus/Shou and Kurou is the son of Gaia/Miyako, each respective offspring becomes the ultimate in good and the ultimate in evil.

And, both Miyako and Shou ultimately gave the final decision to Hiyo and Kurou, something they probably didn't do the first time the White Crow and Demon King showed up. The first time, they probably didn't have as much faith in the life they created. When Hiyo grew wings and met Kurou and told Shou she wanted to marry him, Shou probably was afraid history would repeat itself and, thus, blocked her memories from that time and kept them apart. However, like a true god, Shou probably knew this would certainly occur.

Since no one can predict Hiyo's future, Shou would probably not have known the outcome of the situation.

OR I could just be thinking WAY too hard about this.

And they sped the ending up a little bit too quickly, definitely. However, there has always been foreshadowing of something like this.

Okay, I'm done being philosophical. lol I'm going to bed. Night!!

Rin-chan

ps- This is all in my personal opinion and not meant to be taken as fact. However, if someone happens to agree with my theory and would like to use it to create some closure, then that is wonderful. :P

Isn't it awesome? n.n

A little tidbit of my personal opinion: it was indeed kinda disappointing to end a great manga with such a rushed ending but I didn't really hate or love it. I'm just on the fence on the whole ending thing. Though I would've preferred if the whole world turned back to normal and nothing changed (i.e. stayed the same before Demon King went berserk) but it ain't gonna kill me.
JasonbearJul 21, 2008 12:48 AM
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Nov 7, 2008 6:38 AM

Aug 2007
what the fuck? the last few chapters were totally squished into a ridiculously simple ending without even explaining a single abnormality about the demon king, the dad's double-wings and... bah so much for the good chapters in front, the ending has ruined it all.

Dec 28, 2008 12:45 AM

Dec 2008
Liked the series as a whole, thought the ending was a little rushed though, and there were not as much character development for some of the characters.. I still have some questions though like one regarding Hiyo's dad lol, like what's his story exactly? or another like whats Yuki's story? or even Yamata's background?
Jul 24, 2010 7:05 AM

Jul 2009
how come at the beginning shou didn't have black and white wings? D:
how come at the beginning he only had black?! o.O
Nov 26, 2011 5:02 PM

Jan 2009
I expected MUCH MORE from this manga, since my friend recommended it and she hates shoujo mangas... But really, I felt like dropping it after 1st volume. But I thought "okay, maybe it gets better later"...and yes, it had its good moments (like the part where Hiyo turns into vampire, it's the best part for me) and the art is simply beautiful, but... from the chinese era till the end, it's just a simple bulls*it.
And I'll leave the ending without commenting it.

About Hiyo's dad... The explanation above is really good, about him being the Chaos (Monsters with two coloured wings were always my fantasy, thus Shou's my favourite character now, lololol). So yeah, props for the author for that. But overall, this manga wasn't worth reading all 12 volumes and I give it 4. Just another harem ecchi manga with silly main girl, REALLY cheesy and easy to predict + monsters. Or maybe I just expected too much from it.
Dec 4, 2012 1:12 PM

Nov 2009
Actually expected alot less from this manga... however that isn't saying too much given I was expecting this manga to make me want to shoot myself. Was an ok ending I suppose, more like just your typical happy ending, however I HATED the female MC... Sorry to say it but this was way too long and semi glad its over.
Feb 7, 2013 10:40 PM

Dec 2012
I initially started this manga because the synopsis intrigued me. I have always enjoyed romance manga where the couple is forced into a relationship. Combining this with monsters and a good plot made this manga amazing. I have read at least 10 other manga with forced relationship, but "Love Monster" was exactly what I was looking for. I can only point out insignificant errors that didn't effect my view on the story. I loved the characters, art, and especially the story. This manga had a beautiful main story plot. It kept me wanting to read more and more. I would definitely recommend this manga to any romance lover and even action lovers as well. I rate this 9/10 and will remember it as a wonderful manga.
MastaJFeb 7, 2013 11:01 PM
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Feb 12, 2013 5:34 AM
Sep 2010
vertrag said:
what the fuck? the last few chapters were totally squished into a ridiculously simple ending without even explaining a single abnormality about the demon king, the dad's double-wings and... bah so much for the good chapters in front, the ending has ruined it all.

IKR!?! Total tease.

shigofumi_93 said:
i think Hiyo lost her wings becuz before the world was recreated, she couldnt spread her wings and there was only one feather left so the feather was used for that last wish..ending was a bit umm not original but it was one of the best mangas i ever read
hiyo's father having a white and black white wings is cool didnt notice that b4 i thought he had black wings only O__O previous chapters when he first came to visit hiyo at the academy

That theory makes a lot of sense. I'm keeping it.

Jasonbear said:
I found a great theory on the ending. It was by rinchan089 (mangafox.com)
rinchan089 said:
I am a little disappointed with the ending, but I have a theory about Hiyo's dad.

I think that Hiyo's dad created everything. He created Miyako (hence why she couldn't tell his past or future). Miyako then creates the world. Sorta like he's Chaos and she's Gaia from Greek mythology. Shou came first and 'gave birth to' Miyako who created life and stuff.

That's my theory. And, as to the different colored wings... Because Chaos is everything squished into one, he would be both the Demon King and the White Crow. He is both the ultimate in good and the ultimate in evil. Before he met Hiyo's mom, he may have been disappointed with the earth, and especially with his mistreatment.

And, perhaps, he could be god in the flesh, like Jesus. Or something. And, because Hiyo is the daughter of Chaos/Jesus/Shou and Kurou is the son of Gaia/Miyako, each respective offspring becomes the ultimate in good and the ultimate in evil.

And, both Miyako and Shou ultimately gave the final decision to Hiyo and Kurou, something they probably didn't do the first time the White Crow and Demon King showed up. The first time, they probably didn't have as much faith in the life they created. When Hiyo grew wings and met Kurou and told Shou she wanted to marry him, Shou probably was afraid history would repeat itself and, thus, blocked her memories from that time and kept them apart. However, like a true god, Shou probably knew this would certainly occur.

Since no one can predict Hiyo's future, Shou would probably not have known the outcome of the situation.

OR I could just be thinking WAY too hard about this.

And they sped the ending up a little bit too quickly, definitely. However, there has always been foreshadowing of something like this.

Okay, I'm done being philosophical. lol I'm going to bed. Night!!

Rin-chan

ps- This is all in my personal opinion and not meant to be taken as fact. However, if someone happens to agree with my theory and would like to use it to create some closure, then that is wonderful. :P

Isn't it awesome? n.n

A little tidbit of my personal opinion: it was indeed kinda disappointing to end a great manga with such a rushed ending but I didn't really hate or love it. I'm just on the fence on the whole ending thing. Though I would've preferred if the whole world turned back to normal and nothing changed (i.e. stayed the same before Demon King went berserk) but it ain't gonna kill me.

Dude, if the mangaka hadn't wasted time with the crappy China filler (because, she really took the obligatory summer vacation filler a bit too far with that one) and given us a more fleshed out ending/conclusion like this, the manga would have been so much better. Instead, it was like she literally couldn't figure out what to do/how she wanted to show it until the very end.

Faust721 said:
as expected, one big cheezefest. overall, it was a nice ride I guess. gets a 5 from me.

Ditto.
Aug 11, 2013 6:57 AM
Jul 2013
mui said:

tell the truth I hate it MOST specially the hiyo, the she is lacking of loyalty and faithfulness, It's so ashame hope she never existed that kind of girl will come to sex to every man she likes it doesn't matter how he loves the male protagonist but all I can see is she is a slut in disguise, the story is good no doubt the casting but the female is one of the worst shoujo I've ever seen, she doesn't deserve some like kaoru.. more the less too much childishness always dashes without thinking a total airhead and a stupid girl I really hate her
Aug 11, 2013 7:03 AM
Jul 2013
Makro said:
I expected MUCH MORE from this manga, since my friend recommended it and she hates shoujo mangas... But really, I felt like dropping it after 1st volume. But I thought "okay, maybe it gets better later"...and yes, it had its good moments (like the part where Hiyo turns into vampire, it's the best part for me) and the art is simply beautiful, but... from the chinese era till the end, it's just a simple bulls*it.
And I'll leave the ending without commenting it.

About Hiyo's dad... The explanation above is really good, about him being the Chaos (Monsters with two coloured wings were always my fantasy, thus Shou's my favourite character now, lololol). So yeah, props for the author for that. But overall, this manga wasn't worth reading all 12 volumes and I give it 4. Just another harem ecchi manga with silly main girl, REALLY cheesy and easy to predict + monsters. Or maybe I just expected too much from it.
I hate hiyo honestly a bitch in disguise haha.. lack of faithfulness and loyalty she never resist when got kiss or somehow tell the other guyz that she has only one love, I think she's enjoying it, it's kinda betraying your love when kissing other guyz... I thought the romance will suffice my hunger but I find it very disappointing, so I just look only the action and supernatural features... nothing more interesting in this manga .. just plain average... nothing special...
Aug 11, 2013 7:05 AM
Jul 2013
icecreeaamm said:
yeah...i was wishing Haine to have more character developement...><"" it sucks how it ended soo fastT_T!! i loved this manga:(!!...noo it has ended...the ending was okay lol.
I hate IT to boot! It has nothing special specially hiyo character is a total junk and It sucks
Sep 2, 2013 10:09 PM

Apr 2010
Well that ended quickly....
Oct 1, 2013 2:48 PM
Oct 2009
the end was rushed.. everyone throwin words here and there, disappearing and reappearing. so who was Hiyo's dad after all? that is not answered >> ten thousand years? what about being found injured as a child? ah w.e. it's over now~
Jan 1, 2014 7:27 AM
Jun 2013
Cute ending ! n.n
I didn't get the part about Hiyo's father. Rinchan's theory makes sense but there's still a question left unanswered: why couldn't he take care of himself? Why was he found as an orphan about to die, or rather how?
cheezlayer said:
I hate hiyo honestly a bitch in disguise haha.. lack of faithfulness and loyalty she never resist when got kiss or somehow tell the other guyz that she has only one love, I think she's enjoying it, it's kinda betraying your love when kissing other guyz... I thought the romance will suffice my hunger but I find it very disappointing, so I just look only the action and supernatural features... nothing more interesting in this manga .. just plain average... nothing special...

I kinda agree. I mean she always gets attacked by men and Kurou ends up worrying and saving her (makes me feel sad for Kurou) etc.. But if you really didn't like the manga you should've dropped it '>_>
It is , after all, a harem manga.
Dec 5, 2014 5:08 PM

Nov 2011
At least it had a story to go along with it. Shame this was saturated with cliches to the max and the main lead is terribly written. Gets a 6 from me because it had some development in the second half. The fist half imo is a joke.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Monster Chapter 1 Discussion

Shouichirou - Dec 21, 2008

4 by Stark700 »»
Dec 3, 2014 1:35 PM

Poll: » Love Monster Chapter 24 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Dec 3, 2012

2 by kindra2004 »»
Aug 30, 2014 10:13 PM

Poll: » Love Monster Chapter 35 Discussion

2 by flipperish »»
Jan 1, 2014 4:30 AM

Poll: » Love Monster Chapter 22 Discussion

2 by flipperish »»
Dec 24, 2013 2:15 AM

Poll: » Love Monster Chapter 2 Discussion

1 by flipperish »»
Dec 23, 2013 10:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.