Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly DVD & CD Rankings for Jul 25 - 31

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 5, 2011 5:44 AM

Oct 2007
jmal said:
Han-yuu said:
Peoples have enough money to buy IS BD's... that's why anime industry still suffering with cliched crap.

We're already four volumes in. Isn't this bitching getting old even for you? Hell I don't even like IS and I'm sick of the complaining. It's like some people align their monthly period to the release week of shows they don't like just so they can be crabby right on schedule.

(Haha who am I kidding, some people bitch all month long.)

this SO VERY MUCH

for goodness sake's shows like Madoka,Ano Hana,tiger&bunny,and from the preorder rankings shows like Penguin Drum and usagi drop are all selling/going to sell well and people act as if it's only stuff like IS that sells.

Same with all this "you need to pander to otaku" talk,the combined amount of panty shots in the shows I've mentioned is 0,meanwhile softenni is at the bottom of the rankings and hasn't even sold 1000 copies
all for fun.fun for all
Aug 5, 2011 11:10 AM

Apr 2010
I don't think that fanservice is required or anything in most cases... but for harem anime, which TWGOK generally falls under, people have expectations... especially if it was originally in the manga, like what I hear is the case here. When you go out of your way to remove fanservice, that will generally tick off some people. Its like that for any kind of situation where you edit something; just look at people who cry about blood taken out of the Toriko anime and refuse to watch it because of it.

I do think fanservice is required when it comes to ecchi anime, though. Stuff like MM and Dragon crisis which tried to sell themselves as ecchi anime, but they didn't even have a single panty shot or anything close to fanservice from what I can remember, and they both were massive flops in sales. Not saying TWGOK is ecchi or anything, just bringing up that there are times when fanservice is expected.

Aug 5, 2011 11:36 AM

Nov 2008
RyanSaotome
I do think fanservice is required when it comes to ecchi anime, though. Stuff like MM and Dragon crisis which tried to sell themselves as ecchi anime, but they didn't even have a single panty shot or anything close to fanservice from what I can remember, and they both were massive flops in sales. Not saying TWGOK is ecchi or anything, just bringing up that there are times when fanservice is expected.[/quote said:

MM! had fanservice, a lot of it, Dragon Crisis not really, the only real fanservice was Rose running around nude loving Ryuuji to death in ep 1

Aug 5, 2011 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
What fanservice did MM have? I just remember being really disappointed by it since I went into it expecting ecchi but came out with it being an ecchi show without ecchi. All I can think of is maybe swimsuits, but what show with girls doesn't have that these days?

Aug 5, 2011 12:17 PM
Dec 2007
RyanSaotome said:
What fanservice did MM have? I just remember being really disappointed by it since I went into it expecting ecchi but came out with it being an ecchi show without ecchi. All I can think of is maybe swimsuits, but what show with girls doesn't have that these days?
Most of it was censored in the TV version. But it did have, a lot in fact.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.