Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2011 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol~ Nyanko-sensei was caught by the girl.

Cleaning up the storage...

Kimono youkai vs. those youkais who "liked to make fun of" the girl's grandfather.
tsubasaloverAug 1, 2011 9:58 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 1, 2011 10:39 AM

May 2008
Loved it!! And next episode we get to see Matoba-san finally! Sooo excited XD

Aug 1, 2011 10:53 AM
Oct 2009
Matoba and Natori next! We're waiting)
Aug 1, 2011 11:19 AM

Dec 2010
Yay, Matoba arc next week :D

I really liked this episode. I lol'd when Natsume had trouble lifting those boxes, while Tanuma could lift them easily.

About Matoba:

He actually got mentioned one time in the previous season, but I can see how people forgot. It was such a long time ago after all.
RainbowMagnetAug 3, 2011 4:03 AM
Aug 1, 2011 11:57 AM

Nov 2008
This was not as sentimental as the previous episodes but since we got to see Taki I really enjoyed it.

As always Ponta came to rescue his "dessert." lol
Aug 1, 2011 12:02 PM
Apr 2011
That was a nice episode, finally an episode with Taki.
Aug 1, 2011 12:19 PM

Nov 2009
finally ! we will be able to see matoba and natori , and some action next week :).
Aug 1, 2011 2:13 PM

May 2008
RainbowMagnet said:

I really liked this episode. I lol'd when Natsume had trouble lifting those boxes, while Tanuma could lift them easily.

This lol

Aug 1, 2011 2:23 PM

Mar 2010
He can't lift a box but he can lay down 1 punch on a youkai and send it flying xD
What a silly guy. This is definitely becoming one of my favorite animes.
Aug 1, 2011 2:41 PM

Aug 2009
So good. Tonnes of character development lately for Natsume. Now he is TALKING about his yokai experiences. That is a brand new step! The battle scene was also pretty epic, I love giant nyanko, he has such an awesome voice that's somewhere between Guin and Kakashi.

Next: MATOBA AND NATORI!!! I love those two, looking forward to it immensely.
Aug 1, 2011 3:13 PM

Sep 2008
Yeeesh, I somewhat creepy episode.
By the ending, I liked the episode because of the grandpa though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2011 3:14 PM
Aug 2009
The arc I long waited for is finally going to start next episode. Can't wait~
Aug 1, 2011 4:20 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode, I think. Definitely the most action-oriented (and creepiest) episode so far. Also, nice to see Taki's circle make another appearance. Yay for continuity! And lastly, I thought the moment where the youkai decides to step into the circle when saying goodbye was a very nice, sweet touch.

Ah, the Matoba arc I've heard so much about is starting next week. Definitely looking forward to seeing why everyone loves it so much~
Aug 1, 2011 4:34 PM

Feb 2008
lol they skipped pretty far ahead didn't they? it looks like he is starting to become more accepting of his ability.
Aug 1, 2011 4:59 PM

Jul 2010
That was a creepy episode but really good!
Aug 1, 2011 5:55 PM

May 2010
Inn said:
Matoba and Natori next! We're waiting)

Same here
Aug 1, 2011 6:52 PM

Apr 2009
This is probably the best ep so far. I'm glad they included this one in the anime. So creepy yet at the end I actually teared up a little seeing Taki's sick grandpa surrounded by all those youkai he could not see.

I can't wait for the next episode. I am dying to see Matoba and Natori!
shiine-chanAug 1, 2011 7:06 PM

Aug 1, 2011 7:24 PM

May 2009
Nice to see Natsume being encouraged to open up and share. Yeah, it was great to finally see Taki again. Overdue. Didn't want the episode to end. Everyone's so excited about the preview that it's hard not to look forward to next week. Can't wait.
ArcticMechAug 1, 2011 7:31 PM
Aug 1, 2011 8:18 PM

Nov 2008
This anime always manages to make me want to cry by the end of every episode. Really loved it!!
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 1, 2011 8:45 PM
Mar 2008
Oh man, the scene where they were trying to heal him at his deathbed was so sad :'(
Aug 1, 2011 9:52 PM

Jul 2011
MATOBA AND NATORI NEXT WEEK! Finally the next one is Matoba Arc!!! Kyaaah~~ xDD
♥ ♥ Matoba Seiji FTW ♥ ♥
As for this week ep, it made me teared up by the end of the ep..
And I cried a lot when I read this arc in the manga...Q___Q
Aug 1, 2011 9:56 PM

Jul 2011
Loved it. The cleaning was good, the interaction with Tanuma and Taki, the youkai, and stuff about Taki's grandfather. All good. Fight was pretty good, too. Just one thing more I'd like. For Natsume to fight back a little harder. He's perfectly capable and has done it before. It's cool that Madara protects him but would be nice if he started protecting himself more.

Honestly my only gripe with this season so far. Natsume's attitude actually seemed to regress from the second season a little. In terms of taking care of himself anyway. His attitude toward youkai a bit also. The fact that he's opening up more and getting closer to his friends is great, though.

As for the next episode, can't say I'm all that excited. Never did like Natori, he's a douchebag, and don't really know who Matoba is.
Aug 2, 2011 3:11 AM

May 2008
Tanrim said:
Honestly my only gripe with this season so far. Natsume's attitude actually seemed to regress from the second season a little. In terms of taking care of himself anyway. His attitude toward youkai a bit also. The fact that he's opening up more and getting closer to his friends is great, though.

That's because they're jumping from one manga chapter to the other, going back and forth with pretty large gaps in between... while all the stories can easily be read separately, Natsume's attitude towards himself and to others gradually changes over the course of the manga. They're fucking that up because of the weirds chapter skips in the anime... :|

Anyone else REALLY disappointed with the animation of the third season? In my opinion it's just really lacking compared to the first two seasons... and I'm getting really annoyed with Natsume looking younger every episode, I liked Natsume better before he got all moe. :C

/rant
Aug 2, 2011 5:15 AM

May 2009
MATOBA NEXT WEEK!!!!! asdsjdskjdhsjkh

And oh, Natori, who's as fabulous as ever. ♥
Aug 2, 2011 5:26 AM

Jul 2008
Translucent said:
Oh man, the scene where they were trying to heal him at his deathbed was so sad :'(
Ah, that seriously got to me. They really were nice.

Matoba next week sdfghgfdsdf

BEGINNER
Aug 2, 2011 5:43 AM

Jun 2006
adamantine said:
Translucent said:
Ah, that seriously got to me. They really were nice.

Matoba next week sdfghgfdsdf

This! :x

YES MATOBAAA! *o*
Aug 2, 2011 6:17 AM

Dec 2008
That kimono youkai was creeeeeepy B|

Good episode, though, and it was nice to see Taki again.

I haven't read the manga but people seem to be looking forward to the appearance of this Matoba guy, so I'm curious as to what next episode will be like.
Aug 2, 2011 9:37 AM

Jul 2010
Sad but really nice episode, loved it <3 Kinda creepy with those limbs but it was good. I kinda hope Natsume will exorcist a youkai by himself some day, it would be really nice to see... Can't wait for the next arc ^^
Aug 2, 2011 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
The ending ;_;
Aug 2, 2011 10:58 AM

Jun 2009
Oh, where to begin? I absolutely, endlessly, irrevocably, loved this episode.

First, Taki. OH TAKI, YOU’RE THERE, FINALLY. I WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO APPEAR ;___; and thus my heart melted. Nyanko-sensei, you got such luck~

Second, Taki plus Natsume and Tanuma = win. I adore them three all together. They’re the best trio of friends; the only ones who can truly be closer to Natsume than anyone else… understanding him like nobody else. And so it is. Natsume opening up to them, even to the point of willingly telling them about the youkai he talked to… aw, it’s amazing.

Third, everything else. It was lovely, amusing, eerie, and finally, heartfelt and bittersweet. The youkai were so attached to Taki’s grandfather, even when they’d only said to be there to “entertain” themselves and make fun of him, that they prayed and told him to get well while was prostrated in his bed. It made my heart break.

And, last but not least: MATOBA’S ARC NEXT WEEK. Oh, at last~! I squealed as soon as I heard Natori’s voice. I can’t wait~~♥
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Aug 2, 2011 3:21 PM

May 2009
Wistaire said:
Tanrim said:

That's because they're jumping from one manga chapter to the other, going back and forth with pretty large gaps in between... while all the stories can easily be read separately, Natsume's attitude towards himself and to others gradually changes over the course of the manga. They're fucking that up because of the weirds chapter skips in the anime... :|

Anyone else REALLY disappointed with the animation of the third season? In my opinion it's just really lacking compared to the first two seasons... and I'm getting really annoyed with Natsume looking younger every episode, I liked Natsume better before he got all moe. :C

/rant

But all of what has happened has been set after anything that happened in season 2 in the manga as well and I only noticed that one little comment in this episode that could be considered regression so far. Besides one little comment that reflects the way you used to feel all the while acting the complete opposite like he did in this episode just shows that he's not completely matured yet. It shouldn't be unwavering and linear.

And I guess I agree with the animation just because in this episode I thought that the 'fight' scene was very disappointing looking.
Aug 3, 2011 2:05 AM

Nov 2007
Matoba who? I can't seem to remember him despite being a Natsume fan? If he is from the manga, I guess I will have to wait and see.

Also, Natori returns.

As for the episode, Yay for Taki. <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 3, 2011 5:12 AM

May 2008
Dark_Puddles said:
Wistaire said:

/rant

But all of what has happened has been set after anything that happened in season 2 in the manga as well and I only noticed that one little comment in this episode that could be considered regression so far. Besides one little comment that reflects the way you used to feel all the while acting the complete opposite like he did in this episode just shows that he's not completely matured yet. It shouldn't be unwavering and linear.

And I guess I agree with the animation just because in this episode I thought that the 'fight' scene was very disappointing looking.

That is true, but they're skipping a LOT of chapters this time... They stayed on track with the chapters during most of season 1/2, and then this happened.

Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
Episode 12 - Chapter 20 / Chapter 21
Episode 13 - Chapter 21 / Chapter 22

Natsume Yuujinchou San
Episode 01 - Chapter 48
Episode 02 - Original?
Episode 03 - Chapter 37 / Chapter 38
Episode 04 - Omake 2 volume 04
Episode 05 - Chapter 42

See the weird chapters they chose for season 3? :|
From chapter 48 to 38 and then all the way back to volume 4 only to skip ahead to chapter 42... it's all over the place. Not to mention that between season 2 and 3 we just skipped 20+ chapters.

/huge post is huge, sorry
WistaireAug 3, 2011 5:21 AM
Aug 3, 2011 5:38 AM

May 2009
Wistaire said:

Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
Episode 12 - Chapter 20 / Chapter 21
Episode 13 - Chapter 21 / Chapter 22

Natsume Yuujinchou San
Episode 01 - Chapter 48
Episode 02 - Original?
Episode 03 - Chapter 37 / Chapter 38
Episode 04 - Omake 2 volume 04
Episode 05 - Chapter 42

See the weird chapters they chose for season 3? :|
From chapter 48 to 38 and then all the way back to volume 4 only to skip ahead to chapter 42... it's all over the place. Not to mention that between season 2 and 3 we just skipped 20+ chapters.

/huge post is huge, sorry

Yeah I know that they arent covering the chapters in order (I was the one who created the what chapters have been covered thread) but at the moment the particular choices in chapters they are choosing and skipping hasn't bothered me and I think its worked well, though I haven't read the whole manga, so I'll see what happens when they add more. It's going back to chapter 23 next episode isn't it?
Aug 3, 2011 5:49 AM

Dec 2010
Dark_Puddles said:
It's going back to chapter 23 next episode isn't it?

Yea it's going back to chapter 23.
Aug 3, 2011 6:46 AM

Aug 2009
I think they just wanted to do a load of episodic storylines before the arc takes place. As long as the arcs are in order, all else can be anywhere as well as it is well adapted.

But if there are that many chapters, this season could run for a full 24+ episode season.

And episode 2 of this season was in the manga, don't know which chapter though.
Aug 3, 2011 8:34 AM

May 2010
SephiriAzure said:
This anime always manages to make me want to cry by the end of every episode. Really loved it!!

You too same for me !! T_T
Aug 3, 2011 9:12 AM

May 2009
Got some Fatal Frame II vibes with the kimono youkai.
Aug 3, 2011 10:34 AM

Apr 2010
This is the first time i heard about a scarecrow to ward of monsters i guess it's like beating them at there own game and does seem to make sense.
Seeing Taki is always nice i wonder why her parents could not get along with her grandfather, it's a bit weird since they lived in the same house for a bit.
Only thing i am wondering about is that last season it was mentioned that Taki transfered in recently and that she only come to town shortly before that.
Aug 3, 2011 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
Aversa said:
Only thing i am wondering about is that last season it was mentioned that Taki transfered in recently and that she only come to town shortly before that.

The best explanation I can come up with is that after her father died her parents inherited the estate and so they moved in.
Aug 3, 2011 9:08 PM

Nov 2006
this episode looked especially amazing. i'm glad, because takitanumanatsume episodes should get that treatment. outstanding as usual but even more than usual, blah blah i'm a broken record.

(just throwing in a mention here that volume 8 came out in english yesterday!)
Aug 5, 2011 2:24 AM

Dec 2007
I think this season is really starting to pick up for me. That stethoscope... ;_;

I was a little thrown off by Natsume's "nothing but trouble" comment, but then I saw how it was mirrored by the youkai, haha.

I'm rather behind on the manga - only read up to Volume 3 - but I look forward to seeing this arc that everyone's already been looking forward to all this time.
Aug 5, 2011 12:16 PM
Mar 2011
I know! It made me want to cry..... :(
Aug 6, 2011 7:23 AM

May 2008
Dark_Puddles said:
Yeah I know that they arent covering the chapters in order (I was the one who created the what chapters have been covered thread) but at the moment the particular choices in chapters they are choosing and skipping hasn't bothered me and I think its worked well, though I haven't read the whole manga, so I'll see what happens when they add more. It's going back to chapter 23 next episode isn't it?

I didn't even know that there was a thread about it, I just kept my own list... haha :)

I just feel that they're skipping too much... Natsume suddenly seems pretty care free (not the bast way to describe this I know) in the anime, at least compared to the manga where he's a lot more on edge about losing what he has.

AstuteOtaku said:
I think they just wanted to do a load of episodic storylines before the arc takes place. As long as the arcs are in order, all else can be anywhere as well as it is well adapted.

But if there are that many chapters, this season could run for a full 24+ episode season.

And episode 2 of this season was in the manga, don't know which chapter though.

I can't remember reading anything like it.. :|

I guess I'm the only one that's really annoyed with season 3, in my opinion it's just really subpar compared to season 1/2... I'll go cry about it some more in my corner. :C
WistaireAug 6, 2011 7:39 AM
Aug 14, 2011 3:59 PM

Apr 2007
Translucent said:

This. ;____;
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Aug 16, 2011 8:17 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty good episode. I liked seeing Taki again.
Aug 23, 2011 12:56 AM
Dec 2007
Takiiii ! Hope we'll see her more often from now one.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 25, 2011 9:42 PM

Oct 2010
nihil said:
Translucent said:

This. ;____;

So... THIS.

And... waving limbs! I love creepiness.
Aug 27, 2011 11:59 AM

May 2010
The scene about the youkais trying to heal Taki's grandpa looks like a joke to them yet it was deeply saddening.

More Taki is nice. :D
Nov 27, 2011 12:54 PM

Dec 2009
Aww, the youkai trying to heal the man was so touching... Very nice episode
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 4, 2011

152 by APolygons2 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 22, 2011

81 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 5, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 25, 2011

198 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 4, 4:59 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2011

114 by Pockycrusader »»
Sep 27, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou San Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2011

81 by dio9_by »»
Sep 24, 2023 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.