MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Madhouse To Remake Hunter x Hunter Anime with New Staff and Cast [Update Aug 3]
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Madhouse To Remake Hunter x Hunter Anime with New Staff and Cast [Update Aug 3]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
08-01-11, 11:13 AM

Rinso said:
rarri said:
If it's a remake and not a sequel, now I don't have to watch the original.

Eternal_Shield said:
yay ... now i dont have to watch the old one =D

Tomislavr7 said:
Well, I'm one of those who didn't watch the older version so I'm glad it's a remake...:)

What's wrong with watching the old one? It's good.

I've planned to watch it to catch up, but I'm glad I don't have to now since the art style looks so old and uninteresting, plus the fact I need to watch a 90+ episode series (including ova) before Fall is kinda daunting.

08-01-11, 11:14 AM

Kinda disappointed it's a remake, I loved the old voice actors and everything, not to mention there was practically NO filler, but oh well, I guess I'll get used to this new series.

08-01-11, 11:15 AM

Eh the art style is far from uninteresting at least imo but that is just a personal preference thing. People these days have gotten too used to cgi-esque anime art styles

08-01-11, 11:18 AM

F*ck this sh*t... Seriously, I don't mind it being a remake (a sequel would have been better though), but WHY, oh WHY change the cast? Everyone's voice was perfect. I can't imagine Hisoka, Gon and Killua with other voice actors. I hope at least they will be unchanged...

Btw this whole remake thing is a big bullshit. The first anime and the OVAs were almost eprfect adaptations of the manga, so it seems totally meaningless.

08-01-11, 11:22 AM

Valentiln said:
Psajdak said:
What is wrong with original seiyuus?
For the ones who have watched the original, new seiyuus could be a major turn off.
Imagine Lelouch not being voiced by FukuJun in CG's remake (it will never need one); I would so rage.

If they did it right now, when Fukuyama is still active and sounds the same and still popular, sure. But if they remade Geass 8-10 years from now, that would be a rather different story and I'd be a lot more understanding of a change.

As for people saying they'll watch the new one instead of the old, so what? I don't see anything wrong with that. If someone hasn't gone and watched the original after all this time, there's a good chance they weren't going to. The remake id a great excuse to get them familiar with the franchise. Nothing like a new, currently airing anime to motivate someone.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

08-01-11, 11:24 AM

viral_hun said:
F*ck this sh*t... Seriously, I don't mind it being a remake (a sequel would have been better though), but WHY, oh WHY change the cast? Everyone's voice was perfect. I can't imagine Hisoka, Gon and Killua with other voice actors. I hope at least they will be unchanged...

Btw this whole remake thing is a big bullshit. The first anime and the OVAs were almost eprfect adaptations of the manga, so it seems totally meaningless.

This.

I don't mind it being a remake, but why change the voice actors T_T

08-01-11, 11:26 AM

viral_hun said:

It should be noted that Killua's voice actress hasn't done a role in nearly 6-7 years, so its safe to assume she is done with the industry. Its stuff like that why it is really hard to get the same seiyuu casts nearly 12-13 years later. People move on, or especially for a cast full of younger people, their voices get deeper.

08-01-11, 11:31 AM

Sigh I liked the original cast.. But oh well. I will still watch it.

08-01-11, 11:32 AM

justaddlemon said:
RyokoAyekaLover said:
Rinso said:

What's wrong with watching the old one? It's good.

it is good but i can understand where they are coming from. no reason in watching the older one now so they can view the same exact thing in a couple months

I feel pissy.

The remake won't be a replica of the original given that there's gonna be a new staff and cast. Plot is the aspect that's bound to be more or less the same. Art direction, sound, pacing, all the technical/production bits will have to be different. Kanon 2002 is no Kanon 2006. The execution of this remake could be absolutely horrible... but then again, it could be great. I'm looking forward to seeing the story play out in updated Madhouse animation.

Newness should not be the one deciding factor when everything that made the original great still holds true for that series.

the plot is the part that matters most and unless you saw the old nobody is gonna care if the cast got changed. and a lot of that stuff will probably be very similar to what it was especially the pacing will more then likely the same since its the general pace of the series itself unless they plan on doing what Brotherhood did and screw up the start to just get to the new material but i doubt it. the Kanon's are practically viewed as 2 different series so can't really compare that...

and i never said the original wasn't good but its a waste of time to go watch it now when the new one is gonna be out soon..seems like a waste to watch the 92 eps just so they watch the entire thing all over again in 2 months(especially if it gets past Greed island)..sure most people can spend their time doing something better then that
Modified by RyokoAyekaLover, 08-01-11, 11:47 AM

08-01-11, 11:36 AM

Well, it'll be good to re-watch the story from the beginning. But I really don't want a new cast. I hope some of the main characters voices won't change (for example Gon's, Kurapika's and Hisoka's voice... they are still active seiyuus).

08-01-11, 11:41 AM

It's funny how people have to watch the new anime no matter what. But thinking at first, it would be a sequel of an older anime, half-heartedly they decided to watch the first series too. And now they are glad when they learn it's a remake cause they don't have to watch the old one, after all.

That makes me think that they're not interested in Hunter x Hunter itself, they're just interested in the fact that it's the new popular anime, and because of that they don't wanna miss on it. This is a mentality I don't understand.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!

08-01-11, 11:48 AM

good to know that it's a remake... I never planned to watch the first series and know that will never wacth, but with this remake I could give it a try! :D

08-01-11, 11:55 AM

kodial said:
That makes me think that they're not interested in Hunter x Hunter itself, they're just interested in the fact that it's the new popular anime, and because of that they don't wanna miss on it. This is a mentality I don't understand.

This doesn't make sense. If you've never read/played the original source material or seen the original anime, why should you care if it's HxH or whatever else? There are countless anime out there, for someone with no preexisting connection to the material there's no reason this should get special treatment.

You're speaking as someone who clearly already has some emotional attachment to the show. And that's fine. I liked it myself (until Greed Island anyway). But why should someone who has never seen it share your connection to the material? For them, it is just a big new anime they'd like to see. Nothing more. Because it can't be anything more - there's nothing there yet to add "more" to.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

08-01-11, 12:00 PM

thanks jmal..seems someone actually kinda understood where i was coming from earlier as well so i agree

08-01-11, 12:03 PM

Like the fact it's a remake, even though I absolutely love the original. Though I hate the fact that they're going with a new cast. Hisoka will never sound the same =(

08-01-11, 12:05 PM

jmal said:

This doesn't make sense. If you've never read/played the original source material or seen the original anime, why should you care if it's HxH or whatever else? There are countless anime out there, for someone with no preexisting connection to the material there's no reason this should get special treatment.

You're speaking as someone who clearly already has some emotional attachment to the show. And that's fine. I liked it myself (until Greed Island anyway). But why should someone who has never seen it share your connection to the material? For them, it is just a big new anime they'd like to see. Nothing more. Because it can't be anything more - there's nothing there yet to add "more" to.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

I'm annoyed that the people feel relieved that they don't have to watch the original series first just because it's a few years older. What actually annoys me is that people felt like they had to watch a show they normally would not, just so they can get to watch the new popular anime next, if indeed it would be a sequel.

I haven't watched HxH and I'm not interested in watching it either, neither the new nor the older one. But I don't care which anime we're talking about now, it's this kind of thinking that annoys me.

Probably, if people had to go through the first series then it would result in lower ratings too, perhaps for both seasons as people would not enjoy the first show so much due to the fact that it's old.

Yeah, I don't hold it past them to rate it lower than they normally would because it's old, I've seen it done many times. What I'm saying is the fact: People don't care about the anime they're gonna watch, they care about its popularity only.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!

08-01-11, 12:10 PM

How dare people watch anime they want to watch

08-01-11, 12:10 PM

Kayro said:
Like the fact it's a remake, even though I absolutely love the original. Though I hate the fact that they're going with a new cast. Hisoka will never sound the same =(

I'm hoping they will at least keep the seiyuus of the main characters, like they did with FMA. Hisoka's seiyuu is still active anyway so it'd be really dumb to change it.

08-01-11, 12:12 PM

damn why what's wrong with the old one why don't they just continue with the story .

08-01-11, 12:16 PM

Mr-Guts said:
damn why what's wrong with the old one why don't they just continue with the story .

Its a new studio and channel, and according to MAL, the studio that did the old one is no longer around. So it would make sense that if a new studio is handling it that they would start from the beginning.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices