Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2011 3:31 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was pretty wild in the sense of a rocket fight start from last episode to follow. After the fight I got totally blown by Shiemi in the following,

OMG
she is the only one who calm Rin down? Only Fujimoto was able to calm Rin down. This only leads to what many wish for in the spoiler
Rin x Shiemi is now impossible to deny.

With the new Paladin appearance as follows,

his sword is like a miniature version of Cloud Strife's sword from FF7 and there is also a glass Miko that is interesting.

I am totally impressed since last episode. The series is definitely taking a better turn for the events and is getting much better. More later.
Yumekichi11Jul 31, 2011 1:04 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 31, 2011 4:34 AM

Nov 2009
Argh. The power of love was ridiculous, among other stuff. How much more overused can it get...

I would've really preferredif they stayed true to the manga instead...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 31, 2011 4:56 AM
Jun 2008
that paladin.... blue tooth ... LOL

naruto's plot.. ouch
MorningGloryJul 31, 2011 5:13 AM
Jul 31, 2011 5:07 AM

May 2010
i don't know what to think of this episode. at first i was like oh cool amaimon is still alive and then wait what the .. i don't know it was just confusing and strange.
[i think they could have followed the manga storyline at least a bit more... i mean they have enough episodes for that. and they did it pretty well until now.]
giuli94Jul 31, 2011 5:11 AM
Jul 31, 2011 5:52 AM
May 2011
I'm glad Amaimon is still alive, plus at the end was that his true form/form when angry?
Still wondering about puppet guy.
Jul 31, 2011 7:44 AM

May 2011
ff they didn't follow the manga in controlling rin and calming him down! was supposed to be mephisto's show ffs :| but meh hopefully the changes are good for the series. looks like it's the start of rin's training can't wait :D
Jul 31, 2011 8:35 AM

May 2010
Hrm....It was raw, but I think I understood mostly what was going on.

So far I've been pretty tolerant of the additions the anime has made to the series, but I think they really wrecked this. The general outline of events follows the manga, but what made this part powerful was the drama of Rin being rejected by all his friends--but here it looks like Shiemi is on his side.

And the whole capture and trial was really abbreviated. Now, I can see the practicality of rendering Rin unconcious....but this totally took him him out of the episode! Now he doesn't get to hear out the trial. Not that I was looking forward to...
..., but still, practically all the drama and tension seemed sucked out and minimalized. And then they added the weird talking idols.....

Hmph.....

mod edit: possible spoiler
sakaAug 3, 2011 10:15 PM
Jul 31, 2011 9:11 AM

Jul 2009
I just watched the episode raw, so I may not know exactly what they were saying, but I do know a screw up when I see it.
I think my main issue was what they did with Bon and the others. Bon is suppose to act like a total ass, but it seemed like his was pretty accepting of Rin. Which is NOT suppose to happen. I understand that anime and manga differ usually when it comes to a series, but that was a pretty drastic change is characterization.
And ugh the hug in the beginning. I really like Shiemi, and I really like Rin/Shiemi, but that was NOT the time for it. Mephisto was suppose to be awesome right there, thank you very much.

AND OH GOD AMAIMON. I can't stop laughing at that. TOO FUNNY. I'm happy that he'll be in it more, but.... he looks ridiculous.

I'm trying to keep an open mind to the thought of a new arc, but so far it doesn't look too promising.
Jul 31, 2011 9:20 AM

Nov 2007
Seems like Amaimon is not dead, yet.

Shiemi's the one who stopped his berserk.

OnoD Paladin is here and is getting Rin. The sword is useless now.

Mephisto is saying the truth (including Rin's goal), and Yukio is telling everyone in the class about the truth, too.

What? The sword is from the Kantou shrine?? Except for Konekomaru, who's afraid, everyone wants to save Rin.

lol~ that girl who fixes the sword likes Bon! + devil in the statues to get weak heart.

Amaimon is in berserk... pretty scary.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 31, 2011 2:43 PM

Jun 2009
Jul 31, 2011 3:47 PM

Oct 2009
Oh people, it was just stupid filler. Manga in these parts were really better... -_-

About Shiemi...
Jul 31, 2011 10:34 PM
Oct 2010
^ I don't think it was a filler... since the changes this time are more relevant than before, it seems that the anime is now going in a different direction from the manga... why so soon? dunno, I too liked this part a lot better there... Let's hope it doesn't turn as bad as Soul Eater's adaptation.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 1, 2011 3:28 AM

Oct 2010
couldn't wait for the subs... so watched on9... i don't know what to feel since the anime differ from the manga.. tho i'm kinda thankful of not having to see Rin screaming in pain due to his
but it's kinda weird to see Rin

don't remember seeing that new girl.
overall... kinda put off since they just had to put a cliffhanger. =.=' .

xosist said:
where did you guys watch ??? subs are not out

please use the search engine... "watch anime online"
Aug 1, 2011 4:03 AM

Apr 2009
So different from the manga. :/
I didn't like it...

Aug 1, 2011 4:58 AM

Jan 2009
That Yoshikuni person has one damn annoying way of speaking.

Oh, Amaimon. He mad.
And I think Mephisto is a pretty cool guy, eh plays around with people for the lulz and doesnt afraid of anything.

There is wired life.

Yumekichi11 said:
Rin x Shiemi is now impossible to deny.
I honestly hope Shiemi dies. That'd be fun.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 1, 2011 5:36 AM

May 2008
looks like things will calm down next episode . i dun really know what to say about this episode but it is pretty good, but i wish they give yukio a bigger role, he seems to be like just one of the students now

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 1, 2011 5:42 AM

Aug 2008
I do not at all like how they've gone off on a tangent from the manga plot. This new plot has now just left a whole lot of holes which they are probably just going to fill with more nonsense.

Disappointed to say the least.
Aug 1, 2011 5:43 AM

Jul 2010
This is getting great. Finally everyone knows about Rin's background. Shiemi calmed him down pretty easily. Maybe a little too easily.

Amaimon is coming back for his revenge. Come on Rin, kill him and they'll see you can be used as a weapon against Satan.

Aug 1, 2011 5:49 AM

Aug 2009
Meh, obviously not as good as the previous episode. It was like A-1 threw out their old staff for the 15th episode to produce an amazing episode, but then they hired their old crappy cast again for episode 16 and onwards.
Sigh, I was hoping the rest would be as good as 15. But I should've known better. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

And Jesus Christ, when will Amaimon finally fucking die and disappear? He's so annoying.
Aug 1, 2011 6:07 AM

Sep 2009
Onyxthegreat said:
Come on Rin, kill him and they'll see you can be used as a weapon against Satan.
NO! Don't kill him!

Oosran said:
True and a very hard one to follow (subtitle wise).

OH. MY. GOD~ OnoD ♥
The pacing of the episode was too fast which gave a negative impression on the characters. Suguro accepting Rin so fast does not match his chara at all.
Saved by a single hug/call was not cool. In that scene, if Rin would have injured Yukio or if they would have made it something emotional between the bros then it would be much better. No, it's not because I am love yaoi.

I think I will check out the manga because I do wanna see Rin being deserted by his friends.
Aug 1, 2011 6:20 AM

Apr 2011
Reading fanraeg abt changes in adaptations makes me glad I don't read mangas first. Same reason I try to avoid reading the book before I watch the movie, they always change stuff and the text version is almost always better due to the difficulty in transferring everything between mediums. That oir, y'know, the creator choosing NOT to tell the EXACT SAME STORY twice in different mediums.

I liked the episode, though even I could tell they were veering from the manga here; I'd heard Amaimon disappears after last episode's fight, and Bon seemed much more supportive of his friend than the douche I heard he turns into. None of it had that crappy tacked-on feeling the beach episode did, or even the 'meh' quality of the other fillers.

Amaimon's "true form" looks like a hybrid with one of his Behemoth pets; maybe they're his spawn? Or he's actually half-Behemoth himself? Satan might have been a little too drunk one night ...

It might have been more interesting from a story point of view, but I'm kinda glad Rin didn't have to suffer all his friends turning on him in addition to being put on trial by the Vatican. I heard the sword never cracked either, so I enjoyed the mini-quest to repair it. Even gave Bon a reason for being less of a dick, since he could do something about it. The only one to really turn on him is the cowardly bald kid and I'm sure he'll come around. Or maybe puppet boy will swallow his soul ... that was kinda a creepy look he gave him at the end of their scene there.

5/5
Aug 1, 2011 6:30 AM
May 2011
So I was right x-x this new girl wasn't in the manga, this gives me more fear that the series will end at 25 without a second season, which I want ;_;
ban1o.jpg
Aug 1, 2011 7:11 AM

Aug 2010
Ooh, nice cliffhanger. Can't wait for the battle next week.

Aug 1, 2011 7:20 AM

Jan 2011
So after this episode, my love for Mephisto has shot threw the roof, so fucking smug during the court case, I love it!

Makes sense though, if you are dealing with someone like Satan, can't use some righteous hero wanna be, satan would eat his ass up.

Like in the great words of Denzel Washington in training day, "You are either a sheep or a wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf".
Aug 1, 2011 7:56 AM

Jul 2009
CG said:
Argh. The power of love was ridiculous, among other stuff. How much more overused can it get...

I would've really preferredif they stayed true to the manga instead...

Usually, I prefer things that stick to the manga, and 'power of love' type stuff annoys me, but... in this case, I'm actually okay with it; because the series of events that happened in the manga at this point made me want to punch 80% of the characters.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Aug 1, 2011 7:59 AM

Nov 2008
Valentiln said:
Oosran said:
True and a very hard one to follow (subtitle wise).
It was kansai dialect, or so it seemed. And yeah, it was annoying to read, too.

I prefer how the manga goes, this is kinda weird and rushed.
Aug 1, 2011 8:02 AM

Feb 2008
people who have read the manga might not want to see a 100% adaptation. i might get boring. they main plot remains intact through and that is really what matters. the power of love thing is a bit cliche but it tends to happen probably as a means to play to the audience.
Aug 1, 2011 8:38 AM

Jul 2011
the episode was okay, but somehow i'm kinda disappointed ...

Does that mean there is no RinXIzumo, YuXShie moments?

its maybe fun if shiemi just die, i hope she'll die that would be funnier and more interesting, she totally forget why did she get to the class, oh yeah!!! Tailing Yukio.

mhuuuuhuuuuuuuuuuu..... =(((((((.
Aug 1, 2011 9:26 AM

Jan 2010
"Dammnit! I've been foiled by the power of love!" lol

It seems like this series keep getting better and better. I was surprised that almost everyone is willing to help Rin despite knowing his secret.

I just hope the next episode will be pretty good....despite the fact that this is a filler arc.
Aug 1, 2011 9:27 AM

Aug 2011
OMG I HAVENT WATCHED IT YET AND SAW A SPOILER PICTUREEE BRB GONNA WATCH THEN POST AGAIN
Aug 1, 2011 9:31 AM

Aug 2008
Bald Paladin.
MALoweenMansion! 2021:

main candy:

extra candy: 4x

Aug 1, 2011 9:49 AM

Jun 2010
I actually like this way better when Shiemi stops him instead of Mephistopheles doing it.

Aug 1, 2011 9:57 AM

Aug 2011
ok watched it.. compared to last week this week while important seems dull.. but next week rin vs amaimon rematch? looking forward to it lol
Aug 1, 2011 10:15 AM

May 2010
So Amaimon came for payback huh this could interesting !!

Aug 1, 2011 10:24 AM

Apr 2011
dizzyS said:
Bald Paladin.

LOL! What is it with using "Baldy" as an insult, especially towards men who are clearly not bald? All I can guess is it's a derogatory term for a monk or priest because of their typically shaven heads, but it's a little ridiculous when the paladin in question has 3 feet of luxurious bishie hair :P As the paladin himself pointed out.

I wonder if they'll meet back up with the manga again before the end, or if the whole second season is going to be anime-original. I probably won't know except from the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the manga purists, anyhow.
Aug 1, 2011 10:35 AM

Aug 2010
i dont get why theres some disappointment in not sticking to the manga >_>; whats the fun in an anime sticking to manga like a glue that actually discourages watching the anime/reading the manga dont you think ._.; looks like konekumaru is at least sticking to the script >_> besides i heard amaimon did not appear after the epic rin cut in the manga, in this way they may give amaimon some sort of ending (after the trial, fleeing or dead)

anyways the grigori peops look so weird XD yoshikuni's accent is so heavy and gg's subs dont help either >_>; im better off listening to her talking than the subs but thats just me lol Ono-san, why do you have to voice that one sided character D: angel's sword looks cool though but -1 for his attitude DX i hope he gets better; im sure its obvious bon = the first male tsundere that ive seen for a while 8D
Aug 1, 2011 10:40 AM

Jul 2009
I knew Shiemi would be the typical 'shounen girl' (meaning just there; major role = fangirl cheerleader), but good greif, she's proving to be the worst type of shounen girl; 'most-powerful-ability-is-the-power-of-love', emmotionaly, damzel in distress moe who puts her own feelings above the feelings and saftey of those around her.
I'm greatful she's atleast pleasant, but this character type is common and safe and I for one am bored of her. :(

The court scene was very creative and pretty in appearance...
Mest' is clearly quite sinister, the court can't possibly not see that?
I find Amaimon quite interesting at the moment; the deminor has changed and what is he trying to prove?

I'm quite greatful the manga (which I made the effort to stay away from since the anime was announced as being in production) is still quite young, as perhaps I'm showing my age, but I hope the author mixes the story up a bit, as this seems to be going down the typical shounen route of; 'the main is the strongest of all' simply because he's the main and the audience is enclined to root for him whilst the author shelves the other characters.

Anyway, good episode.

Aug 1, 2011 10:42 AM
Jun 2011
What now? There's a version of this without all the power of love bullcrap?

*goes off to read manga*
Aug 1, 2011 10:49 AM

Apr 2011
This episode wasn't bad, but not so good as the prevoius one. A new important character,the Paladin was introduced.
Maybe in the next episode there will be more fight. I would like to see more of Amaimon because he is the funniest character in this series.
Aug 1, 2011 11:17 AM

Aug 2010
Next episode looks like it will be pretty epic. I'm very excited.
Aug 1, 2011 11:27 AM
Oct 2010
Whoaaa, Amaimon's true form?
Aug 1, 2011 11:32 AM

Aug 2010
Damnit, for a second there I thought Shiemi was gonna get bitch slapped by Rins sword. Maybe next time?
Aug 1, 2011 11:32 AM

Jan 2011
This is going very differently from the manga...

I hope they don't end up changing the plot completely...that would really suck!
Aug 1, 2011 11:41 AM

Jul 2010
Inuyasha turns into his demon form and goes out of control, as per usual, only to be calmed down by a hug from Kagome. Thank God she didn't tell him to sit though, right?

Inuyasha's powers can no longer be supressed by the Tetsusaiga, thus they take the sword to Totosai for repair. Wow, Totosai looks different all these years later.

...So what anime am I watching again?

By the way, Angel's sword sounds so lame. :/
Aug 1, 2011 11:41 AM

Feb 2009
I preferred the storyline of the manga for various reasons. I know some people say that anime doesn't have to stick with the manga but when the storyline is good why change it? I just want to see the things I read animated, put into motion, so I was a bit sad to miss some things here.

This gives Mephisto less credit (and doesn't show off his powers) than he deserves and while I'm glad to see Amaimon back, again it's not really necessary to reintroduce him (yet). Although I do hope they make a nice fight scene out of it now that he's back. I guess I can kind of see, 'Oho- Rin can prove how good he is as a weapon' but the point is he's not a weapon...

Things seem to get back on track with the training in the next ep., but wonder how else they'll twist it to fit around the changes they've made.
Aug 1, 2011 12:01 PM

Feb 2008
BON <3

And I am starting to love Mephisto more and more, no matter how much of a jerk he is towards Rin.

Oh yes, Rin. <3
Aug 1, 2011 12:18 PM
Aug 2011
It's so CLICHE how they made Sheimi "save" him. I almost gagged. Plus, Sheimi is supposed to be scared OUT OF HER FREAKIN MIND of Rin. And the others, besides Izumo too. Even though i read the manga first, it still makes more sense for them to be afraid, than to accept him like that. It's kinda ridiculous how they just accept he's the son of satan.
Aug 1, 2011 12:49 PM
Jan 2010
I prefer manga's story plot but anime plot is getting more interesting. I hope A1-Pictuers will not screw it.

And nooooo Rin x Shiemi ;__;
(am i only one person who supports shiemi x amaimon?)
In manga she was freakin scared of that devil ver. of Rin.
Arthur and his fangirling sword are really dumb D: (too bad Arthur is voiced by Daisuke ono...)

And Mephisto awesome as always. His voice is soo mhmhmh~~ <3
Aug 1, 2011 1:23 PM

Feb 2010
seriously they screwed up the most important story point so far and changed it into a cliche huge fest that is bs....
Aug 1, 2011 1:34 PM

Jun 2011
Hrnk. Amaimon looks stupid in his berserk form now.
I'm irked off by the fact they changed it slightly from the manga. I liked it more when his friends bitched at him. Shiemi calming him down with her hug of magical friendship is as cliched as it gets, then again, my response must be pretty cliched too. His friends were supposed to be afraid of him, but I'll get over the fact they weren't it isn't that much of a problem, right?
But what I'm really annoyed about this episode is those talking statues; do they have any relation to the show at all? Was that just some pointless moment?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lzumi-chan - Jun 19, 2011

201 by Seraschi »»
Mar 15, 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.