Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 30, 2011 7:10 PM

Aug 2009
just wondering.. >.<
Jul 30, 2011 7:15 PM

Dec 2010
Fans of the game ad people who were interested are probably the target audience, but I assume they'll start from the beginning so it should be fine.
Jul 30, 2011 7:18 PM

Jun 2009
It seems as though they'll be starting from the beginning of the game and go through it from there, so you really wouldn't have had to play the game. I'm guessing it's going to be something like the Tales of the Abyss anime. You may miss a detail here and there, but nothing really significant at all.
Jul 30, 2011 7:39 PM

Nov 2008
Welp, we won't know for sure until it airs.

By the way, I strongly recommend you play the game. It's all kinds of awesome.
Jul 31, 2011 6:27 AM

Feb 2010
99% not , the trailers already show us part from the beggining so... , unless things are bad explained , u will be ok without playing it.

if u wont play the game i suggest to stop reading forums and things about it (especially 4chan)

its full of spoilers.
Jul 31, 2011 6:59 AM
Mar 2011
no its noy Popolocrois
were playing the games was a must
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 7, 2011 6:36 PM

Jul 2011
nah , unlike tales of the abyss which has so many terms ,
persona 4 story is pretty simple , you'll be able to understand it without playing the game.

but as others says playing the game is a must because it's one of the best JRPG
Aug 11, 2011 6:22 PM

Jun 2010
Most people looking forward to this anime are people who have played the game. While I highly recommend playing the game, I'm sure the anime will be fine to those who had yet to play the game.
Side note, who's the A-hole that scored the anime a 1 already? LMAO
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Aug 12, 2011 8:58 AM
Feb 2010
artist-retired said:

Possible spoiler for the game
Aug 12, 2011 5:36 PM

Jul 2007
eucalyptustree16 said:
artist-retired said:

Possible spoiler for the game

Nice one! XD

Yeah, I don't think you'll miss anything if you haven't played the game. But if you own a PS2 do play, it's awesome!
Aug 17, 2011 1:32 AM

Aug 2010
they should have made persona 3 instead of persona 4 >,<
Aug 17, 2011 4:43 AM
Dec 2007
tthammy said:
Too old by now plus there's already a P3 anime, just not a direct adaptation of P3.

Aug 17, 2011 8:01 PM

Jul 2007
Leon-Gun said:
tthammy said:
Too old by now plus there's already a P3 anime, just not a direct adaptation of P3.

Also, anime lately have been depressing enough without P3. Which is also why a much coloured and cheerful P4 is the best choice for an anime adaptation, it's easier for people to like it in comparison to P3
Aug 18, 2011 7:03 PM

Jun 2009
Having played P3, P3FES, P3P and Persona 4, I say I like P4's setting a bit better. Sure it's in a backwater countryside village; still, you can feel how closely connected the people are.
Aug 24, 2011 5:37 PM

Oct 2009
Personally, would love to see all personas since 1 to 4 animated, i think they all have a great story that could give an awesome anime (:
Aug 25, 2011 8:11 AM
Jul 2011
vhayste said:
Having played P3, P3FES, P3P and Persona 4, I say I like P4's setting a bit better. Sure it's in a backwater countryside village; still, you can feel how closely connected the people are.

I agree mostly with what you say, but I think the city or was it more like an island with a city? was better in regards to the game so P3, however in regards to an anime I think P4 would be a better setting, because seriously showing the scaling of Tartarus wouldn't be that exciting in an anime, sure there were the out of tartarus (full moon) events but still.... I think the Midnight Channel worlds are better for an anime setting.

Also I don't think the ending of P3 is something that appeals to everyone, it's kind of depressing, whilst at least P4's is relatively cheery, I hope they go for the TRUE ending of P4, not just the GOOD ending.

Can't wait for the anime, I want to see their take on Social Links, I mean I can't really imagine them in an anime form, sure the events creating them but RANK UP! wouldn't suit anime :P

I hope this anime convinces Atlus to actually start seriously making a P5! :D

Also answering the question about if you need to know the game to understand I highly doubt that, if they start from the beginning I'm sure they'll go through the correct game dialogue to make you understand, besides theres not many complicated terms, so I wouldn't worry about it :)

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Aug 30, 2011 2:02 PM
Dec 2007
SkyHigh said:

Also answering the question about if you need to know the game to understand I highly doubt that, if they start from the beginning I'm sure they'll go through the correct game dialogue to make you understand, besides theres not many complicated terms, so I wouldn't worry about it :)
They began work on P4 Portable just recently actually. Perhaps it should be counted as a sign that Persona is still in their mind. Still, I want some actual P5, not more ports.

Aug 30, 2011 7:02 PM
Jul 2011
Leon-Gun said:
SkyHigh said:

They began work on P4 Portable just recently actually. Perhaps it should be counted as a sign that Persona is still in their mind. Still, I want some actual P5, not more ports.

Umm Persona 5 is apparantly going to come out umm check the link below

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/soejima-meguro-and-hashino-will-return-for-persona-5/

About P4 Portable I don't see the point unless they bring in a FEMC, or something great that will convince me to get P4 for a handheld since I did it with P3P but thats because I didn't have the game on PS2 unlike P4.

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Sep 27, 2011 9:44 AM
Jan 2009
You should all play the game. If you don't have a PS2 but have a good enough PC you should be able to emulate it.
Also, make sure to play Persona 3 first if you DON'T have a PSP. The thing is, while the story of P3 is as good as or even better than P4's then the PS2 version's gameplay is inferior to P4, making it hard to play P3 after playing P4..
While the PSP version of P3 has all the gameplay changes that P4 had.
Sep 27, 2011 8:26 PM

Feb 2010
RyuRobin said:
You should all play the game. If you don't have a PS2 but have a good enough PC you should be able to emulate it.
Also, make sure to play Persona 3 first if you DON'T have a PSP. The thing is, while the story of P3 is as good as or even better than P4's then the PS2 version's gameplay is inferior to P4, making it hard to play P3 after playing P4..

this have nothing to do with this thread... , he dont need to play p3 to understand the anime.
Sep 30, 2011 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
What about the Trinity Soul anime, do you need to have seen that do you think?
Sep 30, 2011 3:00 PM

May 2010
^^Nah, two completely different stories. I'm sure you won't need to watch or do anything to be able to watch this. As some said - It's more than likely starting from the very beginning.
Sep 30, 2011 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
^^And P4 kind of made Trinity Soul non-canon anyway. There's really no need to bother with any other Persona-related series unless you want to; you might miss out on a few references (not for TS but for P3 and maybe the odd one for P1 or 2 ), but those don't really matter that much anyway.
Oct 2, 2011 7:23 AM

Aug 2010
RyuRobin said:

P3's plot is totally different from P4, even the battle style is different. Why should anyone have to play P3 AND P4 to be able to watch the anime? lol The anime will start from the very beginning and they won't use any new concepts that only Persona fans know, because they will have to explain all the concepts they use since the characters themselves will need to learn them.
Oct 14, 2011 11:25 PM

Dec 2010
Wazzup Lule.

No, I think thats a scrapped question already. I think they are planning on making the anime digestable for everyone while remaining true to the source as much as they can. Them cutting edges is only natural because most people don't realize the game is rather long, especially if you consider the hundreds of events and variables.

Also, I think the social links will be ignored in exchange for the inaba scooby gang ones. Or for all of them to be worked off screen.
Oct 15, 2011 11:27 AM
Jan 2009
SoraKuro said:
RyuRobin said:

P3's plot is totally different from P4, even the battle style is different. Why should anyone have to play P3 AND P4 to be able to watch the anime? lol The anime will start from the very beginning and they won't use any new concepts that only Persona fans know, because they will have to explain all the concepts they use since the characters themselves will need to learn them.

I was saying that people should play P4 before the anime as the pacing might be too fast and stuff like that.
I also recommended playing P3 because it's good, I never said it was mandatory to watch the P4 anime. The thing is, P4's gameplay improved from P3 so if you play P4 first you'll have a hard time getting into P3's inferior battle system.. UNLESS you play P3P that has P4's battle system.
May 27, 2012 1:14 AM

Mar 2010
I didnt play the game yet , reading persona 4 gamers' opinion here is sort of relieve ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2012 11:08 PM

Jun 2012
The plot isn't really that complex so I'm sure those who haven't played it will still be able to understand the story.

Personally, I have played both Persona 3 and 4 in the PS2 and I fell in love with both. Definitely, one of the best games of all time in the PS2 (along with the .hack GU series). Watching the anime made me reminisce my childhood days playing the actual game. Good times :)

I guess those that played the game might find more enjoyment with the anime (I know I did) but really anyone can enjoy it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.