Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 19, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2012
I must say I'm rather disappointed. This leaves several plot holes.
Who is the rabbit? Why is he even there? He just shows up out of nowhere, is his only purpose to be the antagonist.
Why are only the ones Barasuishou killed brought back? Hinaichigo and Souseiseki are her burden to bear, why? There are other ways to become Alice, THEN WHY NOT SAY SO FROM THE BEGINNING!?

I don't know if they planned on a sequel but the openings there, obvious and inviting. This was made in 05 so It's very unlikely to be a sequel, unless it comes in the form of Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Jul 25, 2013 10:08 PM

Jul 2013
Ok....so seems like Souseiseki had romantic feelings for Suiseiseki.(why am I not surprised.) Also Sugintou ends up saving Shinku inadvertently, nice twist. Why does Rozen and Enjou look exactly the same? Maybe because Enjou desired to become like Rozen and then got corrupted along the way, ends up looking like him and decides he wants to surpass him and decided to keep his face the same way. Idk it seems to me that Rozen and Enjou are at the very least demigods, being immortal and what not. Also wtf is up with laplace and Kirakishou just dancing around with a couple of rosa mystica?
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Jul 29, 2013 11:27 PM

Mar 2012
It ended up being bittersweet, and one of those 'no resolution' type endings, like Fate/Zero. But like that anime, it's meant to be in a sorta 'it goes deeper than that' kinda ways, i guess it would've been better for it to have been that we see Alice or whatever, but there's a lot of plot points that were seemingly slapped in there. They didn't bother me, and in the end it allowed for the hope that 1. Alice can happen without killing each other, perhaps in a more 'finding your purpose in life as yourself' kinda way and 2. the possibility of bringing the other 2 back. It's hella bittersweet, but i guess i do liked how it ended, cause i felt like it was gonna be mega depressing and everyone would then be like 'oh well' (like the anime 'Another', although there's so much death in that anime that saying 'oh well' was standard).

In terms of Jun's development i'm bummed to a degree, but he didn't develop in the same way as season 1 however he grew to be a lot more caring than the fake Father; he believed that the dolls were ok as they were, that they shouldn't fight. He tried so hard to stop the fighting and he was there for Shinku in the end, to prevent her from having her revenge. Sure he didn't bust out some magical powers or whatever, but given the situation i think that worked out fine. On another note, I've been recently watching the new Rozen Maiden; the remake-ish adaption of the manga where now we're seeing a Jun in the future where he didn't wind, and there's a lot of interesting development going on in that. In fact it's very engaging and provides a different kind of development for Jun. So i'd had to say that i'm content with how S2 ending and with how this new series is going.

Not a huge fan of numbered ratings, but since it's MAL i gave it 8/10. Like the first season it had great comedy and an engaging story; I'd say that the first season's feels were less dramatic, more personal and had more closure. The second season aimed to finish off the Alice game and emphasize the whole 'you don't need to be Alice to feel complete' thing. So while there was less closure, i feel content that the message they wanted to send across was done.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Jul 29, 2013 11:39 PM

Mar 2012
Also, in regards to the whole 'Detective Kun-Kun's waiting for us' line, I get that it was cheesy and somewhat out of place considering the nature of the serious ending, but it made sense thematically.

Think about it; throughout both seasons, especially season 2, the Kun-kun show was a silly tv show that all the dolls loved to watch together. It was always the brief respite inbetween the Alice game fights and whimsical bickering. Even when Souseiseki and eventually Hina had died they still sat down to watch the show, not cause it's anything special but because, i think, it represented their togetherness whenever there were in Jun's house.

Notice how Nori put both Hina and Souseiseki on the couch in front of the TV, and Suiseiseki was there too; as silly as the Kun-kuns show is, getting together to sit in front of the tv to watch it represented them as a family. Sure, they coulda said 'they're all waiting for us' or something like that, but they had all been together not too long ago so it's not like they hadn't seen each other.

Personally, I believe that thematically mentioning Kun-kun represented how Jun and Shinku believed that they can go back to their peaceful life of living in the house with everyone, free to joke, drink tea and watch silly tv shows again. So while it sounded very silly, it made me smile cause it was like they wanted everything to be ok.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Jul 31, 2013 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
The battle between Shinku and Barasuishou delivered. The ending is good. 8/10.
Sep 17, 2013 3:05 PM

Jan 2012
I just hate it when the protagonist have to be overly kind and stupid. Jun totally killed Shinku by asking her to stop and not think about the consequence that Bara will kill Shinku and she did as I predicted. Other than that part I'm fine with this final episode.

6/10
Nov 28, 2013 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Anime that has grown gradually, perhaps the staff could not do that which has worked more, especially in animations. Designs that good or bad were good and beautiful.
Narrative that has always managed to make me not bored, staying interesting and at times when it was not, could be fun and full of comedy. The ending, in my view, is fair enough and has some interesting implications for the future!
"Becoming Alice may, in another way!" Good question! * _ *

The soundtrack is one of the things I liked the most! Very nice and sweet the ending! * _ *

Final rating of 7/10!
Jan 19, 2014 6:28 AM

Mar 2013
Kinda disappointed a little but it has a great ending like starting again a new fresh journey looking forward to 2013 for the real story :) 9/10 for me...
Jun 25, 2014 1:54 AM
Jun 2014
SecretDuckie said:
Ahh I really enjoyed this whole series! I honestly didn't think I would beause it's sort of a silly concept but it was really fun and super cute.

I totally was sitting there at the end like I WANT THEM TO KISS AND HAVE A HAPPY LOVE RELATIONSHIP!

Then I was like:

Ohh wait... she's a doll.........

Then I was fine with it the way it was. I half expected from the beginning that she would become Alice which somehow meant that she would be human and date Jun. Bwee hee hee.

i will admit i was hoping for the same thing you did :P
im alittle acnsiouse (i completely spellt that wrong -_-) for another season cause they got me hopin for one the continues off of this ending im also having trouble finding the manga if someone could help me that be sweet :P
]
Oct 11, 2014 3:14 AM

Feb 2013
When Barasuishou started to crumble apart I was YES! A different ending than I expected. Everyone came back except Souseiseki and Hina Ichigo. It looks like it up to Shinku to bring them back. I guess i will have to read the manga.

Also near the end it looked liked Barasuishou was back but in a lighter color and the rose on her eye in one her right eye. It was on her left eye before.

Gonna watch the 2013 version. I think that one is just a reboot if I'm not mistaken.

Great episode!
Jan 1, 2015 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
Jun fuked it up, letting Shinku die like this because he didn´t want any more killing. :(
Feb 16, 2015 6:53 PM

Dec 2013
The good:
- OST was great and complemented most scenes fittingly
- Ali Project openings
- Character chemistry was fluid

The OK:
- Animation was dated
- Many plot elements left unexplained
- Solid acting from the CVs

The bad:
- Sporadic pacing
- Forgets key events and development from previous episodes
- Plot holes regarding Hina-Ichigo
- The end was convoluted and unnecessarily complicated

Scores:
- Story: 7
- Characters: 8
- Animation: 8
- Sound: 9
- Enjoyment: 8

FINAL: 8

Notes:
- Still need to see OVAs
- Characters was brought down due to lack of development
- I enjoyed the comedy, but was disappointed during the serious portions
mwsmws22Feb 16, 2015 7:21 PM
Jul 20, 2015 11:02 AM

Feb 2014
So when Bara-Suishou took the chance to kill Shinku I was like: "F*CK YOU JUN!!!" but then when I saw that having 6 Rosa Mysticas made you crumble I forgave him :p

I was kinda surprised that Bara-Suishou killed Suigintou like that. I guess she wanted to become Alice so badly that she'd backstab her fellow "ally" in order to reach her goal. But I guess she did kill 4 of the Rozen Maidens as shown by this Alice Game "kill" log (had to make this to understand Souseiseki and Hina Ichigo's "death"):

The fight between Shinku and Bara-Suishou was really good!

But I'm really sad because even though Souseiseki and Hina Ichigo were the only ones killed by "true" Rozen Maidens, why aren't they revived after the Alice "competition" was reset? Pretty sad if you ask me D: I hope they are revived at some point!

But overall a very good sequel. 8-9/10. I just feel a little empty since Souseiseki and Hina Ichigo are gone. I guess I'll have to watch 2013 to learn more about the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2015 5:01 PM

Apr 2014
Well, that was great.
It's a good thing that Barasuishou is dead after getting all 6 Rosa Mystica.
If you are not a real Rozen Maiden, you can't suppress the power from 6 Rosa Mystica.
I don't like Barasuishou so this is a happy ending for me haha
Hm, there is Rozen Maiden (2013), guess I'm off to that then.
8/10
Jun 23, 2016 4:32 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty interesting ending. I still feel bad for Hina though, she never wanted to hurt anyone. Souseiseki should have listened to her sister when she had a chance. So it seems like in the end rabbit guy gave Rosa Mysticas to Kirakishou. I wonder what is his true goal besides just being Rozen's servant.
Mar 13, 2017 9:45 PM

Jun 2016
I wanted Hina-Ichigo to come back :(

Good show either way. Now I'll watch the 2013 version.
Oct 8, 2017 11:26 PM

Jun 2011
Its been ages last time I watched Rozen Maiden, I honestly forgot how bittersweet the ending was.
Mar 3, 2019 4:27 PM
Jan 2017
AA,, this anime showing the true happiness when the doll is became together and live like no one problem in there..
but its so sad when all must kill each other to complete the alice game,, its sad to see that precious thing is gone,, and its sad see the your frind dead,,
yeah all fight is bad but the end the only think is very idiot is when shinku the left again bara and just one step to kill her then Jun come and tell not to fight anymore,, i think WHAT THE F*CK..?
shinku then lost,, its truly idiot..
at least bara is broken and rozen came to revive all the doll except sousenki and hina ichigo,,
i think its called half happy ending
Mar 14, 2019 3:12 PM
Mar 2015
2019 here xd Just finished the show
The ending was...I dont wanna say its bad but it just ended. Just...END. And thats it. It felt like they were makin more but nothin came. Huge love for the show!
Dec 25, 2022 7:12 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Well i want to hit that bas*ard father imposter in his face
Jan 28, 10:42 PM

Dec 2022
pretty nice finale because this means it's gonna once again get COMFY
Feb 23, 8:50 AM

Dec 2022
No idea why I thought Jun was a good character in the first season, because Traumend reveals that he was just another pitiful and naive main character in disguise all along. This retard got Shinku killed by distracting her and then convincing her to spare Barasuishou when she had the fight all but won, leading Barasuishou to take advantage of this opportunity to stab Shinku. Surely Jun would've realised that neither Barasuishou or Sugintou were convinced by his pacifistic sermonising, thus relegating it to be nothing but yet another handicap he foisted on poor Shinku, on top of everything else.

Of course, everything turned out well because of the vague and convenient deus ex machina regardless, in some sort of condescending insult to the viewer. This was a very disappointing, ungratifying and cheap ending for the season.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Träumend Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 25, 2008

35 by Lost_Viking »»
Apr 1, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Träumend Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 26, 2008

26 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 23, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Träumend Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 24, 2008

25 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 22, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Träumend Episode 6 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 22, 2008

34 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 22, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Träumend Episode 5 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 22, 2008

25 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 22, 12:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.