Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 26, 2008 3:18 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the pupil couldn't surpass the teacher after all. Shinku's fight against Bara Suishou was great, I enjoyed it. The end is good too, but this season is not really better than the first one. 7/10
cyruzJul 17, 2008 4:50 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 17, 2008 4:03 AM

Jan 2008
The ending was meh. The fight was good but could of been a lot better imo.
Jul 24, 2008 9:06 PM
Mar 2008
Suigintou totally got back handed by Shinku~!
Aug 22, 2008 2:15 AM

Jul 2008
It is a shame that nothing got resolved.
Aug 27, 2008 3:43 PM
Aug 2008
A happy yet sad ending, I loved it eventhough it was somewhat predictable. Im unsure as to whether there should be a 3rd season, I personally think that at this point it would ruin the story. I will definitly read the manga now.
Aug 31, 2008 2:28 AM
Jun 2007
Ending was okay. Favorite part in this episode is when Shinku bitch slapped Suigintou =p
Sep 21, 2008 12:42 PM

Nov 2007
Confusion, why do Kanaria, Suigin-Tou and Suisei-Seki come back yet Sousei-seki and Hina Ichigo dont?

Did rabbit dude just decide to keep their Roza Mysticas and let the others go?
Sep 21, 2008 12:56 PM

Feb 2007
Heart_of_Storm said:
Confusion, why do Kanaria, Suigin-Tou and Suisei-Seki come back yet Sousei-seki and Hina Ichigo dont?

Barasuishou isn't a real Rozen Maiden. Thus Kanaria, Suigintou, and Suiseiseki unofficially removed from the Alice Game, as it was Barasuishou who defeated them. Souseiseki was defeated by Suigintou. And Hina Ichigo gave her Rosa Mystica to Shinku after no longer having a medium and the Alice Game officially starting with Souseiseki's defeat.
Sep 22, 2008 3:11 PM

Nov 2007
Asrialys said:
Heart_of_Storm said:

Barasuishou isn't a real Rozen Maiden. Thus Kanaria, Suigintou, and Suiseiseki unofficially removed from the Alice Game, as it was Barasuishou who defeated them. Souseiseki was defeated by Suigintou. And Hina Ichigo gave her Rosa Mystica to Shinku after no longer having a medium and the Alice Game officially starting with Souseiseki's defeat.

Cool, answered the first question, but now Ive got another :-D

Since Barasuisho is a fake, how come the Alice Game started? doesnt it need all 7 Maidens together, or is that not the case? (im guessing not since Sougintou and Hina are out of the picture..)
Sep 22, 2008 9:00 PM

Feb 2007
Heart_of_Storm said:
Asrialys said:
Heart_of_Storm said:

Since Barasuisho is a fake, how come the Alice Game started? doesnt it need all 7 Maidens together, or is that not the case? (im guessing not since Sougintou and Hina are out of the picture..)

I really don't have a definite answer. Either the producers were making stuff up as they went along (did not follow manga) or Laplace was just screwing with everyone. Laplace was with Barasuishou's creator the whole season. Maybe it was an experiment to see if Rozen's dolls could overcome one that wasn't made by him? I don't know.
Sep 23, 2008 11:32 AM

Nov 2007
Asrialys said:
Heart_of_Storm said:
Asrialys said:
Heart_of_Storm said:

I really don't have a definite answer. Either the producers were making stuff up as they went along (did not follow manga) or Laplace was just screwing with everyone. Laplace was with Barasuishou's creator the whole season. Maybe it was an experiment to see if Rozen's dolls could overcome one that wasn't made by him? I don't know.

Fair enough, guess I need to read the manga :-D
Sep 30, 2008 7:17 AM

Aug 2008
The End was very good, extinguished Barasuishou being was very cool! XD
But somebody has information on a continuation? (In anime, of course)
Oct 4, 2008 3:21 AM

Oct 2008
I thought that it was an okay ending. I was a little depressed ~ desu. To see that souseiseki and hina didn't come back after the credits just for good spirits. but you win some and you lose some.

I would rate this full anime an 8/10
(Rozen Maiden, Rozen Maiden - Traumend + Overature)
Oct 4, 2008 9:39 AM
Jun 2008
The first season was indeed superior over the second, but I enjoyed them both anyway. Episode 10 of the second season was very depressing. The ending was fitting and more realistic. I'm glad they didn't pull a 100% Mai-Hime revival. Great series though.
Oct 4, 2008 9:30 PM

Aug 2008
The ending was pretty good and in a sense emotionally relieving. I'm glad the apprentice wasn't Rozen because he was plain evil. よかった that it ended on a happier note, and that there are other ways to become Alice. And it seems now that Suigintou realizes Shinku isn't an enemy, and that the two have potential of becoming friends again.
Jan 10, 2009 10:32 PM

Feb 2008
dammit what happened to hina ichigo!!! so in the end we lost 2 dolls, this is a depressing 7/10
Jan 27, 2009 9:42 PM

Apr 2008
Will they continue it...? That's my question u.U
// Hearts are wasted, lives are broken.
Jan 31, 2009 7:35 AM
Dec 2008
I hope Laplace will return Souseiseki's and Hinaichigo's Rosa Misticas. If he won't, i'll screw off his smiling head.
Jul 5, 2009 10:11 AM

Sep 2008
this is pretty much unrelated to Rozen Maiden but i was wondering if anybody has an idea of which anime was advertised at the end of this episode?

Jul 12, 2009 7:30 AM

Sep 2008
Dark_Valentine said:
this is pretty much unrelated to Rozen Maiden but i was wondering if anybody has an idea of which anime was advertised at the end of this episode?

It's Binchou tan and REC

demo ne...still didn't get any clue..since I saw Laplace and Bara Shuishou together..and Bara's eye patch is reversed..

yea true..have to read the manga lol XD
Jul 30, 2009 3:50 PM
Dec 2008
I am gonna miss Rozen Maiden ... and hoping there is a continuing story.

Oct 5, 2009 7:48 AM

Aug 2008
A depressing ending, I am sorry for Hina-Ichogi and Sousiseki. I am glad that the pupil wasn't Rozen, and that Shinku stayed to the end of the Alice game.

I liked this season, like most second seasons it's a little different, I give it 9/10
Jan 14, 2010 6:59 PM

May 2007

Seriously. WTF IS THIS SHIT!

GIVE ME MY 1 HOUR BACK!
What did Jun did the whole episode? Nothing.
Why did the dolls die? For no reason.
Was the Alice decided? No.
Did Bara Someshit die? No!
She didn't die by Shinku's hands. So far thats okay, but she "died" just because of a plot device?
She had everything planned, but she couldn't forsee that too many Roza Mystica would kill her?

Are this writers really trying!?

Why was Laplace's Demon helping those guys? So far he only seems like a plot device to me.

Why did that blond f*g made them fight? Whats the point on making Bara thinggy get more Roza Mystica?

Why did he... i dunno, evaporate along with Bara Someshit? (Yeah, i really hate her.)

Why did the Rozen Maidens did not knew there was other way to become Alice? (Why would Rozen not tell them that? The only possible answer to me is: Plot Device)

Why does the characters get underpowered/overpowered out of nowhere?
I mean, Suiseiseki never got a Roza Mystica yet she resisted longer than when she last foght Sugintou, who at that time had none.

Seriously. Jun was having a great character development, and the producers just defenestrated everything.
There were a lot of good ways to use him, yet all he did was...... wait. He didn't do anything.

How can people say the ending was good?
It didn't change ANYTHING at all.
The few last episodes were simply useless.

Sure, i hate open endings, but this wasn't even near an open ending.
It was screaming: I HAZ A SEQUEL!
Yet no sequel was announced so far.
Did this project get abandoned?
RyushiJan 14, 2010 7:27 PM
Feb 20, 2010 12:10 AM

Aug 2009
Bringing this thread back from the grave since I just finished the series.

Bara bara was defeated. Yes, Jun is useless. (I thought Shinku, Suiseiseki, and Suigintou had already established this fact?) The doll that's with Laplace is the real 7th doll Kirakishou or w/e her name is. I enjoyed this series, and it looks like there won't be a 3rd season. However, I am looking forward to reading the manga.

That is all.

Desu.
Feb 24, 2010 2:54 AM

May 2009
nice ending, there still a lot of question but it was good.
Mar 10, 2010 7:52 PM
Mar 2010
i just finished the season and i honestly thought is was an amazing series 10/10
May 26, 2010 9:09 PM
May 2010
It was good, but they did not explain anything about the "real" doll
Signature has been deleted as it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines for more info.
Jun 4, 2010 10:14 AM

Aug 2008
Shinku was awesome when she pwned Barasuishou and Suigintou.
It's a pity Souseiseki and Hinaichigo didn't come back. Oh well that's to be expected since they were defeated by real Rozen Maidens.
Aug 5, 2010 1:17 PM

Dec 2009
Yay ! I knew there was something fishy about Barasuishou !
Too bad Hina and Souseiseki didn't get revived TwT ..
Sep 2, 2010 4:11 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, I was fooled by Barasuisho's creator and Laplace. This was a good series; very fun to watch. I'm pretty bummed Souseiseki and Hinaichigo never came back. Now it's time for the OVAs. =]
Oct 25, 2010 1:07 PM
Jul 2010
kurage said:
I hope Laplace will return Souseiseki's and Hinaichigo's Rosa Misticas. If he won't, i'll screw off his smiling head.

This.

I liked this season better than the previous one and I enjoyed the final. The fights were good.

It was kind of a bittersweet ending though due to the fact that not all Rozen Maidens were revived. I wouldn't mind that if Souseiseki had come back. Well, I would mind but not this much.

I'm just glad that that guy wasn't Rozen. (Just as I didn't think he was until everyone started calling him Father.) He was cold and evil. Poor dolls if Rozen was like that.

I didn't understand a thing about the Laplace demon though neither did I get who was that last doll in the end or why the creepy rabbit (screw Laplace, "creepy rabbit" sounds better) had Hina Ichigo's and Souseiseki's Rosa Mysticae). And I hate when they leave things unanswered.

But whatever, I thought it was better than the first season so I give it 8.5/10 (and as I'm nice I'll round it up so 9/10). It's obviously far from being a masterpiece but it was surprisingly entertaining. Really entertaining and heart-warming.
Nov 1, 2010 1:11 PM
Mar 2008
Ryushi said:

Seriously. WTF IS THIS SHIT!

GIVE ME MY 1 HOUR BACK!
What did Jun did the whole episode? Nothing.
Why did the dolls die? For no reason.
Was the Alice decided? No.
Did Bara Someshit die? No!
She didn't die by Shinku's hands. So far thats okay, but she "died" just because of a plot device?
She had everything planned, but she couldn't forsee that too many Roza Mystica would kill her?

Are this writers really trying!?

Why was Laplace's Demon helping those guys? So far he only seems like a plot device to me.

Why did that blond f*g made them fight? Whats the point on making Bara thinggy get more Roza Mystica?

Why did he... i dunno, evaporate along with Bara Someshit? (Yeah, i really hate her.)

Why did the Rozen Maidens did not knew there was other way to become Alice? (Why would Rozen not tell them that? The only possible answer to me is: Plot Device)

Why does the characters get underpowered/overpowered out of nowhere?
I mean, Suiseiseki never got a Roza Mystica yet she resisted longer than when she last foght Sugintou, who at that time had none.

Seriously. Jun was having a great character development, and the producers just defenestrated everything.
There were a lot of good ways to use him, yet all he did was...... wait. He didn't do anything.

How can people say the ending was good?
It didn't change ANYTHING at all.
The few last episodes were simply useless.

Sure, i hate open endings, but this wasn't even near an open ending.
It was screaming: I HAZ A SEQUEL!
Yet no sequel was announced so far.
Did this project get abandoned?

All this.
I'm really disappointed by this season, especially this crappy finale.
It threw away all the good things first season had.
Nov 7, 2010 3:04 PM

Feb 2010
What!? aww now full happy ending :[ that bunny guy is just creepy and why is bara still alive?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2011 1:41 AM

Mar 2009
The ending could have been better. Overall the battle scenes were poor though.
Apr 20, 2011 9:46 AM

Feb 2010
Sometimes with such series which differ from manga at some point I'm uncomfortable. They seem alike but may be totaly different in how they feel and the meaning. I'm not familiar with the manga. As for anime I'm glad the ending was not shallow and is actualy quite deep. I'm sad for Souseiseki and Chibichigo but it can't be helped at that point. I'm just glad it didn't end in ruin. And we have sort of a resolution for Alice's game too. At least for sisters they lost other dolls became wiser. Even Suigintou developed a touch of compassion and sense. In the beginning she was exactly like Bara Suishou. Alice's game is from those which if you win you loose and if you loose you are lost, so even being sad I consider it's fitting for both Sousei and Hina as they were too willing to start it. Reasons doesn't count. They might if it was a matter of forgiveness but this game is unforgiving and it plays it's pieces once started. But now the pieces have developed into something more free to choose their fate.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
May 28, 2011 5:35 AM

Feb 2011
The mystery is how did sugintou have 2 rosa mysitca when
bara bara have kanaria and suiseiseki's rosa mystica while shinku has hina ichigo's rosa and
sugintou only have souseiseki?

Hina ichigo back so

7/10
Jun 12, 2011 1:58 PM

Jun 2010
XxshizxX said:
The mystery is how did sugintou have 2 rosa mysitca when
bara bara have kanaria and suiseiseki's rosa mystica while shinku has hina ichigo's rosa and
sugintou only have souseiseki?

She is a Rozen Maiden herself - so obviously it's her own Roza Mystica.
Jul 3, 2011 1:32 AM

Jan 2011
End.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Oct 21, 2011 8:37 PM

Nov 2009
Its over D'X im glad every1 is back... well except Hina and Souseiseki but im sure Shinku will be able 2 save them some how! and i loved it when his doll crumbled and he was sad... he deserved it! but it sucks how Bara's still alive with the bunny! The fighting was pretty epic... i thought Shinku actually died 4ever and everything was over i was like "... WHAT?!" haha im glad its continuing though! =D anyway this season was amazing!!! i loved it ^^
Dec 7, 2011 10:43 PM

Jul 2011
Miracle ending... hm... but not too bad. I think better than the first season (more fighting).
8/10
Time to go read the manga. :P
Dec 22, 2011 7:28 AM

Oct 2011
Well, I saw the 2 seasons.. and I expcting a better end ... WTF -.- ?
I wanted to see Alice and in the end they gave us the same thing that we were watching the whole 2 seasons... THE HAPPY COMPANY WATCHING DETECTIVE KUN KUN! .....
i disliked the end for the reasons that Ryushi gave and I obviusly agree with him in this quote "GIVE ME MY 1 HOUR BACK" ...
I am totaly disapointed for that ending.... :/
sorry guys :P
Feb 13, 2012 3:37 AM
Sep 2010
+1 to what Ryushi was saying.

I can't understand how the 2nd season has a higher MAL rating than the first. It chucked out the potential of the first season and replaced it with some bad attempt at developing the grand story, of which it gave a really vague and unsatisfying closure to. The humour, BGM (including the ED, which was really good) and the love for the first season were the only saving graces of this season. 5/10 from me.
Feb 23, 2012 10:54 AM

Dec 2009
This anime would have been better without the excessive comedy.

8/10
Apr 22, 2012 9:33 AM

Feb 2012
"Let's go. Detective Kunkun will start without us."
"Alright."

The fact that those are the last lines of the series encapsulates everything wrong with this show. My final impression is that Rozen Maiden would've been better off as either a doll harem or a Highlander-esque action anime, not some awkward combination of the two. The second season was better in the sense that it tried to move the overarching story, but worse in the sense that it failed at doing so. What a mess.

But I did love Shinku's fights with Suigintou and Barasuishou. Was half of the season's budget spent on that 15-minute sequence alone?
Apr 22, 2012 10:15 AM

Nov 2011
Saw this awhile ago in dubbed. ~Desudesudesu

great series.
Apr 22, 2012 11:11 AM

Feb 2012
Stark700 said:
~Desudesudesu

lol, thanks for reminding me that I can finally watch that Suiseiseki desu video on YT.

She was probably the highlight of the series.
Jun 9, 2012 11:03 AM

May 2012
Ahh I really enjoyed this whole series! I honestly didn't think I would beause it's sort of a silly concept but it was really fun and super cute.

I totally was sitting there at the end like I WANT THEM TO KISS AND HAVE A HAPPY LOVE RELATIONSHIP!

Then I was like:

Ohh wait... she's a doll.........

Then I was fine with it the way it was. I half expected from the beginning that she would become Alice which somehow meant that she would be human and date Jun. Bwee hee hee.
Jun 9, 2012 11:08 AM

May 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
"Let's go. Detective Kunkun will start without us."
"Alright."

The fact that those are the last lines of the series encapsulates everything wrong with this show. My final impression is that Rozen Maiden would've been better off as either a doll harem or a Highlander-esque action anime, not some awkward combination of the two. The second season was better in the sense that it tried to move the overarching story, but worse in the sense that it failed at doing so. What a mess.

But I did love Shinku's fights with Suigintou and Barasuishou. Was half of the season's budget spent on that 15-minute sequence alone?

I agree that the last words were picked TERRIBLY and hated them, so I prefer to just ignore them... >__>;;

I think it did a reasonably good job of mixing the two, and having a relitively good plot. I agree that the second season was much better than the first, but overall I rated this show a 7. Pretty good, but not great.
Jun 21, 2013 2:18 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
I'm glad everybody came back, and as for Hina-Ichigo and Souseiseki, I'm sure Shinku will bring them back. Having the gang back together watching Detective Kun-Kun seemed like a good ending. Overall, this season impressed me more than season 1.

Characters, hmm let's see....

Kanaria annoyed me.

No complaints elsewhere.

7/10
Jul 9, 2013 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
This episode pissed me off so much.
It's rare for me to get so angry at an anime.
But damn, there was no development at all for Jun this season
7/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Träumend Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 25, 2008

35 by Lost_Viking »»
Apr 1, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Träumend Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 26, 2008

26 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 23, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Träumend Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 24, 2008

25 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 22, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Träumend Episode 6 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 22, 2008

34 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 22, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden: Träumend Episode 5 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 22, 2008

25 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 22, 12:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.