Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 20, 2015 11:21 AM

Jan 2010
These last two episodes were something of what I expected of Library Wars. As in, an actual war, but with the added aspect of politics and media control. I got a kick out of the parts where media bias was pointed out and where the idea of non-resistance was brought up. However, in truth, this show is trying to have it all - the romance comedy and the drama over information control. This became most apparent in this episode, where suddenly, we have huge dramatic speeches of information and artistic freedom without a clear enemy. In fact, I think Satoshi was the only character that seemed antagonistic in the slightest. While not every show needs an antagonist, with the setup here in Library Wars, it feels like the both the Library Task Force and the Media Enhancement Law Commission are just throwing rocks at each other. Fighting the system is a vague goal, and while I appreciate the sentiment, it's not very substantial.

Furthermore, the drama in this last episode was visibly staged, with injuries occurring conveniently in the previous episode, which includes Dojo becoming a vegetable for a little while. I really do like this show, but it's too clumsy for me to not take notice. Perhaps if it just stuck with one thing, the romance or the censorship, this show would have been a lot more coherent. I've read that this show did have its indictment of media edited out, which would explain a lot. If that's the case, then I'm surprised this show was even made in the first place. It's quite the fascinating case of real life politics becoming involved with anime, but as a standalone anime, it's just lacking in intensity.
Feb 21, 2016 9:52 AM

May 2014
Great finale episode
Outstanding indeed hahaha
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Mar 23, 2017 11:03 AM

Feb 2013
Good stuff, probably will watch the movie soon.

7 or 8/10

I've put down 8....but like....I didn't get a kiss....so I kinda want to give it a 7 because of that, but the story was great, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
May 31, 2017 2:57 AM

Oct 2012
Who's cutting onions? I don't need it right now T_T
I'm pretty sure heard that, but sshhh let it be secret so she won't get embarrassed xD

Stop teasing with the kiss, just kiss already.. for real! :(

I'm surprised it ended with pretty good note
"Signature removed"
Nov 10, 2017 7:25 PM
Mar 2017

I'm surprised it ended with pretty good note

It's probably because of Shibasaki, Asako. probably at that time it was a waifu of the season (okno)

Seeing an anime a little corny like this and with a quite "original" story in its time (2008) I relax completely. I think I'll go see an Anime Harem, to give them a chance.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 25, 2018 6:51 AM

Mar 2016
I really wanted to like this, but the writing was so contrived and obvious that nothing that happened ever felt like it was happening for its own sake, but to get to a certain conclusion. It was like watching a slideshow of story ideas, which made character interactions feel forced and artificial. A lot of the conflicts were unengaging despite an interesting concept. The best episode was probably the one where Kasahara's parents show up at the library the first time, because it was the only one that had some semblance of real character motivation and emotion. The worst one was definitely the not-high-school bullying one.

The way the battles were set up, as these agreed upon honor fights is weird as fuck (battling bureaucracies) but it is kind of cool in its own way. But that makes the fighting just seem meaningless, and maybe that's the point. Overall, disappointing. Even the cute, awkward romance I was promised was kind of bland.

Also, ironic that an anti-censuring group is working with the media to sway public opinion, but whatever.
Dec 13, 2019 9:31 AM
Dec 2019
So many positive response whoa!! Totally amaized!!I will be back after finishing it up!! ^^ rate it later!
Dec 26, 2019 7:15 AM

Dec 2014
ok like an original nding.was not grand but it was something alright..it
Apr 23, 2020 2:35 PM

Dec 2009
I didn't expect this to be a mild shoujo-esque romcom with the serious issue of war in the story.

I don't know how better the original novel is but what I got from the anime was ... the plots and supporting characters weren't extraordinary with a flawed weak foundation of intention or use.
Satoshi was an odd redundant weak conflict of interference to the story, while his influence of knowing that Atsushi was Iku's prince. Mikihisa properly served his purpose as the easygoing empathetic character who supports the protagonist's in comprehending each other. Asako didn't feel as vital as she seems to be with the unexplained undercover great aid she does for her crew ... as for the potential romance with Hikaru Tezuka, it's a little odd with the lack of depth. Hikaru Asahina was a even weirder plot in his deception and attraction to her.
Overall, the conflicting war of censorship while following laws and procedures made it hard to care or take the war too seriously.

Ultimately though, the sake of the romance for entertainment was sweet and cute. Fairly good character development of a classic tsundere strict male officer with a classic sensitive female with low confidence but blunt personality while slowly caring for each other. 6/10.
Feb 2, 2021 7:49 PM

Jul 2017
Great finale to wrap up the season, and while there is a bit of ambiguity, there is a movie still to go to completely finish the franchise off with adapting the final arc. Kasahara's speech was pretty powerful as she used inspiration from Dojo, and in general she cared for him each and every day and even managed to confess to him, even though he was in a sort of vegetative state mentally due to agnosia to pick up on that. She's really grown to love her 'prince' like that over the show quite nicely. Can't wait for the movie.

As for this entry, I'm gonna go with a 8.75/10. Something about this show just keeps me really entertained and glued in. It could've been a straightforward 9 or a 9.5 if it went longer but I don't mind it. The writing's still really interesting/entertaining with a creative and wacky and lovable concept, the characters are still lovable, especially my girl Iku Kasahara, the visuals are really nicely crafted and animated, the music is really good and everything else about the show has just been a joy to watch.
animejasFeb 3, 2021 6:18 AM
Apr 25, 2021 12:54 AM

May 2020
A safe finale. Well It's good
I love it when shibasaki pull tezuka out from the room 😆
I agree with the OP,the amnesia was unnecessary for me.

Overall a pretty enjoyable anime. There's some weird transitions in some scenes but they don't really matter. The story is fine but because the concept is cool,it makes me really invested.
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Aug 25, 2023 5:04 AM

Mar 2012
Fighting with guns, getting seriously injured and possibly losing your life in the process for a bunch of books is an incredibly stupid concept. If they were against censoring by the government then why not hold protest instead of creating an army? Also the anime never made clear about what exactly was censused or their reasoning for doing so. Overall 5/10 just because I liked the interactions between Dojo and Kasahara.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 5 Discussion

dtshyk - May 8, 2008

29 by Floral_soap »»
Jun 2, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Apr 10, 2008

60 by TenM »»
Sep 17, 2022 3:51 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 3 Discussion

dtshyk - Apr 24, 2008

38 by caneton_pas_fini »»
Sep 2, 2022 11:38 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 11 Discussion

dtshyk - Jun 19, 2008

41 by AntiMoba »»
Apr 24, 2021 10:00 PM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 10 Discussion

dtshyk - Jun 12, 2008

31 by AntiMoba »»
Apr 22, 2021 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.