MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Honestly wheres elfen lied season 2?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Elfen Lied »» Honestly wheres elfen lied season 2?

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
07-29-11, 9:09 AM

This anime is honestly safe to say a masterpeice if anyone who is reading this not fimiliar w the anime watch this anime now i promise u tht u will love it and or breakdown in tears. Why do good animes die w jst one season?=(

07-29-11, 9:31 AM

Yeah... it's never going to happen. Also, sadly I don't share your opinion... Elfen Lied was a decent horror to be sure, but it was so emotionally manipulative that it irritated me. Sure, Lucy and the other Diclonious were pretty sympathetic; and Mayu as well... but I didn't care much for the other characters, and I felt I was being forced to sympathies with the characters because how extreme their circumstances, rather than actually liking them or thinking they were well developed.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.

07-29-11, 12:22 PM

ik i honestly love this anime...what happened? was this anime not popular a few years back or what? this anime is just so good and deff deserves a second season i mean.. look at how many people on even jst this site theres so many people tht love the anime and people r even petitioning for a season 2

07-29-11, 12:37 PM

Read the manga and you'll see. They butchered the original storyline so now there's no way to continue it. They'll have to improvise and it's probably going to turn out being crap. So better leave it at that.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!

08-01-11, 7:35 AM

kodial said:
Read the manga and you'll see. They butchered the original storyline so now there's no way to continue it. They'll have to improvise and it's probably going to turn out being crap. So better leave it at that.
i read the manga and it was so sad at the ending im still not over it yet im still so sad;"( i would ask if u guys had any reccomendations tht is like this anime but this anime is unique and thts what makes it so fucking good....

08-11-11, 6:25 PM

It is a good anime but i dont think it will ever happen, wouldn't there have been a 2nd season already? Well all you have to do is to keep your hopes up.

08-15-11, 7:35 AM

EphemeralPrince said:
It is a good anime but i dont think it will ever happen, wouldn't there have been a 2nd season already? Well all you have to do is to keep your hopes up.
Yea i kno it stinks=/ only hope

08-19-11, 5:38 AM

Elfen Lied. I can honestly say, this is my first 'Anime' that I've ever actually sat and watched. I've never been too interested in the whole cartoon thing since I was 12 or so, but my friend went to College for this specific thing while I went to the Military.

I was at his apartment one night and he was browsing through Netflix. He pointed it out and said it was horrible and really gory. At that time, aside from my limited experiences with anime from him talking about it in HS, and what little I saw while I was stationed in Japan (Yokosuka) for 4 years, I was suprised that it was 'gory'. lol

Now I'm a huge fan of Horror Movies, and I can't be bothered to watch much else. A comedy here and there, lame romance with the girl every once in a while, but death, blood, guts, and profuse amounts of sex is my type of movie. So I got home, and gave it a shot. Just because he couldn't stomach the 'intense' gore in it. I was hooked after the first episode. Even my girlfriend enjoyed it. Since two weeks ago, I've seen the series another two times, and honestly, I can't get it out of my head. I've devoured every source I can come up with for theories and explanations that I may or may not have missed. I've even read the Manga!

I believe what did it for me was how tragic of a character Kaede becomes. I'm not the most emotional person in the world, I'll admit. But like alot of people I couldn't help but feel so bad for that animated cartoon girl (almost cried at the end but girl was sitting next to me on the couch, figured I'd lose man-points if I did). lol Kaede was doomed from the begining (not meaning as a plot device).

I'm not sure how and what I should say, but I intentionally wanted to talk about how it's honestly in a sick way, justified with her actions, and I can easily see how she would sink to that point. Again, I don't have much (any) Anime experiences, but for this to relate her to another series; I somehow used real-world events as a way to understand her as a character. Think Columbine, the A&M tragedy that occured last year I believe and I'm sure their are a number of people here that are in School and are picked on. People have a threshold with just how much they can take. And a child can't take that much before he/she can't take anymore. So from a what? 10 year old Kaede? She had enough, but she had the power to do something about it. Would you not?

a;ldskfadsjfads;lfads;lfkjds;fl

I don't know. lol I'm getting frustrated thinking about it! I'm done. I was hoping their was a season two, but I've lost hope on that as I recently found out that it's already 5-6 years old. The ending, as good as I personally thought it was, left me wanting more. They could at least showed her opening the door to see the clothes she's wearing (assuming that you think it's Kaede/Lucy or retard/Nyu). I think it's Kaede. Well, not really. That's me lying to myself. I'm pretty sure it's Nyu for several reasons. Everyone's heard the music box/clock theory. How Kaede's sad story is over and Nyu's is starting. Or something similar. But I feel it should be Kaede. I don't think it's fair in a sense that she lost out on a life due to something that pretty much corrupted her from the very begining, at an impressionable age AND at moments where her emotions were running high.

(Break time from typing...getting some snuff. Sorry.)

Okay.

Anyways, yea. I just think it's only fair because (my girlfriend will never see this) toward the end, she and crazy face Kouta (call him crazy face because he makes some weird ass faces when he has flashbacks) get all emotional. Now of course he didn't forgive her, but he wants her to be around because he had a friend in Nyu, and I believe in time, they could have mended their jacked up relationship to a level where they could at least talk and get along. Not too sure about the love thing, but they sure did say the loved each other on those steps, but I can't picture anything more than being friends with the person who slaugtered my family. And that's stretching it. Now, she did have a somewhat 'good' reason to, as she's not exactly a normal person, with that creepy-ass DNA version of her always telling her to kill people. (The bandaged Kaede creeped me out; just like the Toshio kid in The Grudge) But anyways, I feel that it should be her that walks through the door toward the end when you see the shadow.

Now, I'm pretty sure it's not Kaede, even though it would make the story/ending so much better (in my opinion). So it saddens me to say it's Nyu. Mainly again, going back to the symbology of the ending of the music box (Kaede) and the starting of the clock (Nyu). And of course other factors, such as Nana not sensing Kaede/Lucy, the dog barking somewhat happily how her other horn broke off, (in the manga when they both were off she reverted to Nyu for 6 months) and...the fact that Nyu never walks through. She's a little slow in the head, so she's probably trying to figure out how to open the damn door. Maybe that's why her heads kinda' down? lol Retard. Anyways, sorry if this was long winded and I'm sure I'll get a call from China to get their wall back. ( I know someone will say it ). But this has been a great and fun first Anime, and probably not going to watch another. lol Just not my thing. This was short, my type of show, and really entertaining for me.

Thanks,

Wayne

08-23-11, 12:49 PM

Ikaros27 said:
kodial said:
i read the manga and it was so sad at the ending im still not over it yet im still so sad;"( i would ask if u guys had any reccomendations tht is like this anime but this anime is unique and thts what makes it so fucking good....

I couldn't say it better myself.

08-23-11, 12:59 PM

yah they cant do anything with elfen lied at this point, just read the manga, the anme was crap, there were so many plotholes just cause they ended it to quickly, manga doesnt have said plot holes

09-22-11, 11:06 AM

Copedw25 said:
Elfen Lied. I can honestly say, this is my first 'Anime' that I've ever actually sat and watched. I've never been too interested in the whole cartoon thing since I was 12 or so, but my friend went to College for this specific thing while I went to the Military.

I was at his apartment one night and he was browsing through Netflix. He pointed it out and said it was horrible and really gory. At that time, aside from my limited experiences with anime from him talking about it in HS, and what little I saw while I was stationed in Japan (Yokosuka) for 4 years, I was suprised that it was 'gory'. lol

Now I'm a huge fan of Horror Movies, and I can't be bothered to watch much else. A comedy here and there, lame romance with the girl every once in a while, but death, blood, guts, and profuse amounts of sex is my type of movie. So I got home, and gave it a shot. Just because he couldn't stomach the 'intense' gore in it. I was hooked after the first episode. Even my girlfriend enjoyed it. Since two weeks ago, I've seen the series another two times, and honestly, I can't get it out of my head. I've devoured every source I can come up with for theories and explanations that I may or may not have missed. I've even read the Manga!

I believe what did it for me was how tragic of a character Kaede becomes. I'm not the most emotional person in the world, I'll admit. But like alot of people I couldn't help but feel so bad for that animated cartoon girl (almost cried at the end but girl was sitting next to me on the couch, figured I'd lose man-points if I did). lol Kaede was doomed from the begining (not meaning as a plot device).

I'm not sure how and what I should say, but I intentionally wanted to talk about how it's honestly in a sick way, justified with her actions, and I can easily see how she would sink to that point. Again, I don't have much (any) Anime experiences, but for this to relate her to another series; I somehow used real-world events as a way to understand her as a character. Think Columbine, the A&M tragedy that occured last year I believe and I'm sure their are a number of people here that are in School and are picked on. People have a threshold with just how much they can take. And a child can't take that much before he/she can't take anymore. So from a what? 10 year old Kaede? She had enough, but she had the power to do something about it. Would you not?

a;ldskfadsjfads;lfads;lfkjds;fl

I don't know. lol I'm getting frustrated thinking about it! I'm done. I was hoping their was a season two, but I've lost hope on that as I recently found out that it's already 5-6 years old. The ending, as good as I personally thought it was, left me wanting more. They could at least showed her opening the door to see the clothes she's wearing (assuming that you think it's Kaede/Lucy or retard/Nyu). I think it's Kaede. Well, not really. That's me lying to myself. I'm pretty sure it's Nyu for several reasons. Everyone's heard the music box/clock theory. How Kaede's sad story is over and Nyu's is starting. Or something similar. But I feel it should be Kaede. I don't think it's fair in a sense that she lost out on a life due to something that pretty much corrupted her from the very begining, at an impressionable age AND at moments where her emotions were running high.

(Break time from typing...getting some snuff. Sorry.)

Okay.

Anyways, yea. I just think it's only fair because (my girlfriend will never see this) toward the end, she and crazy face Kouta (call him crazy face because he makes some weird ass faces when he has flashbacks) get all emotional. Now of course he didn't forgive her, but he wants her to be around because he had a friend in Nyu, and I believe in time, they could have mended their jacked up relationship to a level where they could at least talk and get along. Not too sure about the love thing, but they sure did say the loved each other on those steps, but I can't picture anything more than being friends with the person who slaugtered my family. And that's stretching it. Now, she did have a somewhat 'good' reason to, as she's not exactly a normal person, with that creepy-ass DNA version of her always telling her to kill people. (The bandaged Kaede creeped me out; just like the Toshio kid in The Grudge) But anyways, I feel that it should be her that walks through the door toward the end when you see the shadow.

Now, I'm pretty sure it's not Kaede, even though it would make the story/ending so much better (in my opinion). So it saddens me to say it's Nyu. Mainly again, going back to the symbology of the ending of the music box (Kaede) and the starting of the clock (Nyu). And of course other factors, such as Nana not sensing Kaede/Lucy, the dog barking somewhat happily how her other horn broke off, (in the manga when they both were off she reverted to Nyu for 6 months) and...the fact that Nyu never walks through. She's a little slow in the head, so she's probably trying to figure out how to open the damn door. Maybe that's why her heads kinda' down? lol Retard. Anyways, sorry if this was long winded and I'm sure I'll get a call from China to get their wall back. ( I know someone will say it ). But this has been a great and fun first Anime, and probably not going to watch another. lol Just not my thing. This was short, my type of show, and really entertaining for me.

Thanks,

Wayne

That basically happened to me too in a very similar way. I was never interested in anime and manga until this show. I cried for Lucy at the end since I watched it by myself the first time. And I read the manga and the ending is just even more tragic than I thought it would. That pissed me off, but made me obsessed with this show. I really hope that, if they do make a season 2, they follow more with the director's plans and how Lucy kills him. They could follow up the show, but it would have to differ from the manga even more.

09-22-11, 11:11 AM

This thread...

09-29-11, 4:13 PM

They really left end for a continuation with the girl on the door and the "chief" of that crazy organization.
Like Copedw25 said about season 2: "I've lost hope on that as I recently found out that it's already 5-6 years old." me too :/ .
I really loved a 2nd season but i think isn't coming.

10-12-11, 4:29 PM

This was the most amaizing anime i have ever seen! I would die for season 2 i have cryed at episode 13 it was so sad! it'sjust stuck in my head i love this Anime for every it will be in my heart

10-12-11, 5:29 PM

Elfen Lied is nothing compared to Texhnolyze.
The threat is stronger than the execution.

10-12-11, 5:31 PM

This anime was good but it was not a masterpiece. season 2 is never going to happen.

10-12-11, 5:36 PM

NyuuxLucy said:
This was the most amaizing anime i have ever seen! I would die for season 2 i have cryed at episode 13 it was so sad! it'sjust stuck in my head i love this Anime for every it will be in my heart
i feel same way!

10-12-11, 5:37 PM

RedFlameHaze said:
This anime was good but it was not a masterpiece. season 2 is never going to happen.
yeah it no like shakugan no shana;) best anime ever!!

10-13-11, 6:02 PM

We can only hope!

10-14-11, 8:52 AM

It's not going to happen, but I would like to see another re run loyal to the manga.
Then it would be a complete masterpiece.
Elfen Lied change lots of things for me, and I always will love it for that, that's for sure.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices