Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 1, 2011 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
KaitoDash said:
BTW, I'm now in for Ringo x Shouma. And if Ringo falls hard for Shouma and gets dominated by him, I'll be overjoyed.

I have a feeling that the plan written down in the diary might all lead to Ringo/Shouma happening instead of Ringo/Tabuki. If I believe, Shouma ate the curry that Ringo had made in ep 3 with a big smile on his face, helped her wih the lunch that she had made for Tabuki (and probably test-tasted it offscreen), and he was the one to save her and kiss her. So far, the things that Tabuki is supposed to be doing according to the diary are being accomplished by Shouma. The upcoming episodes will reveal more if this is indeed the producers' intention.
removed-userAug 1, 2011 2:48 PM
Aug 1, 2011 6:39 PM

Dec 2008
ReaperCreeper said:
Ringo was seriously pissing me off with her fairy tale day dreams.

Me too. I can't stand Ringo.
Aug 2, 2011 3:06 AM
Jul 2011
RinTestarossa said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Don't you think it shows something about her personality, it's clearly obvious that she believes what she is doing is ok, and to be honest kind of like a fairy tale, which helps build up her crazy stalker mentality, I mean come on she believes she is destined to be with Tabuki, which makes it kind of funny.

Desstinyyyyyyyyy

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Aug 2, 2011 3:11 PM

Apr 2010
SkyHigh said:
RinTestarossa said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Don't you think it shows something about her personality, it's clearly obvious that she believes what she is doing is ok, and to be honest kind of like a fairy tale, which helps build up her crazy stalker mentality, I mean come on she believes she is destined to be with Tabuki, which makes it kind of funny.

Desstinyyyyyyyyy

Pretty much this. Although I thought she was going to be nicer to Sho after finding out he's a student of Tabuki.

Destiny!
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Aug 2, 2011 4:15 PM

Jul 2011
So curious about the ending.
Aug 4, 2011 9:09 AM

Jun 2011
That chick at the end got cheese grated...

Pushing someone down an escalator is the mark of pure evil.
Aug 4, 2011 2:28 PM

Oct 2010
Probably one of the most interesting shows this season

5/5
Aug 4, 2011 9:52 PM

Sep 2010
The penguins made this show xD
Aug 5, 2011 3:12 PM

Feb 2010
I don't know why some people can't stand Ringo.
In my opinion, she's way better than those typical shoujo manga girls that
dream about finding or winning the heart of their "prince" BUT try to act cute all the time. They act so darn stupid and it seems like (and looks like) they have no brain.

NO. Just thinking about it annoys me. There's no way in hell I would like a girl like that.
Ringo is about the same thing except for the fact that she's a freaky stalker girl and she's really weird. In shoujo mangas, the girl gets everything they ask for. When they confess to the guy they like, they usually don't like them back, but later on falls in love with them or something. Ringo, however, isn't that lucky.
She's very unfortunate because everything always gets screwed up.

I freaking love her. She's hilarious and she is annoying at times but her personality is really weird and funny.

I hope she ends up with Shouma~
I think if it did happen, Ringo would fall in love with Shouma because if it were the other way around...Ringo's a little "too obsessed" and I don't think anything Ringo has done up to now helps her relationship with Shouma. At all. xD
Oh well...one can hope... ;__;
Aug 7, 2011 4:13 PM

Oct 2010
probally my least favorite episode to date, seemed as if they were using the scenes where Ringo was day dreaming to get away with bad animation, they dragged on for way to long and made the episode enjoyable.
Aug 15, 2011 12:40 PM

Aug 2008
haha the penguin grabbed the fish instead of saving Ringo. tsktsk such a glutton lol.
On another note, Noto-sama's singing is fabulous~
Aug 27, 2011 10:47 PM

Oct 2010
Lol, I thought I can enjoy this anime without thinking but...

Wait. Oh yeah, I still can.

I've got a soft spot for Shouma so I really didn't like the way Ringo treated him but still, hidden respect for obsessive stalker is still there. Gotta tune down the daydreams though, I mean, if you wanna stalk and make something yours, you gotta use your right brain as well.
Sep 11, 2011 2:15 PM

Aug 2008
Fun. This episode was just fun. From the rogue, serial stinking skunk, to Ringo's tena-esque flights of fancy. Most of all, I enjoy how this show which has been traveling headlong into whatever direction it is going has finally shot the audience a glance and smiled. Tabuki's girlfriend gets a decent amount of reveal in this episode. Most telling of all isn't that she's an actress, though that could point to a thing or two, but that she's noticed and acknowledged Ringo's attempts.

That was all I needed to make me happy in regards to this episode, but seeing the nasty turn a side character took at the end really fueled my excitement for this story. I've been very judgmental and dismissive of this show up until this point. Perhaps my attitude will change with the next episode.

Sep 12, 2011 1:02 PM

Apr 2011
Yuuup~ Ringo is definitely my favorite character. I want to believe it wasn't her that pushed the lady in the red heels down the escalator, but part of me would be immensely intrigued if she turned out to be a legitimate psychopath. The entire escalator death + notebook made me think of Light from Deathnote... even moreso since her name is Ringo [Apple].

Tabuki's lady-friend whose name I can't remember seems like a real douche hat.... and whatever happened to Kanba?
Sep 13, 2011 3:30 AM

Sep 2008
This show is on acid xD
entauri.deviantart.com

Sep 18, 2011 11:24 PM

Jul 2011
The animation in this one... >_>
Oct 1, 2011 7:06 AM

Oct 2010
KaitoDash said:
BTW, I'm now in for Ringo x Shouma. And if Ringo falls hard for Shouma and gets dominated by him, I'll be overjoyed.

THIS. When Ringo stops being all bitchy, that would be awesome.

But still. Ringo's crazy. It's kind of annoying.
[insert awesome signature here]
Oct 21, 2011 11:01 PM

Jun 2009
Best show of the year? I don't know, but man they really nailed Ringo as a character. I mean even though the dreams work as comedy they also give a glance into her thought process, which is obviously pretty screwed up.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 4, 2011 5:56 PM

Feb 2009
Such a great and surprising and funny episode. The caterpillar had me laughing madly, and I kept chuckling whenever the daydream background rose up. I loved Ringo's facial expressions this time. The poor girl - yes, she's messed up, but she seems strangely innocent at the same time. A very determined teenage girl hopelessly in love!

And of course they ruined the impression of innocence in the end - wtf was that? It was disturbing! Great stuff! I love how the show keeps messing with the audience and just veers off in a completely different direction with a teehee and an oompah! as soon as you think you've finally grasped it.

This series is wonderful. I knew it would be good when I first saw their cluttered house in the first ep.
Nov 8, 2011 7:40 AM

Aug 2011
i like this show, its all funny then it gets serious at one point throws you off. anyways looks like they showed a glimpse of the antagonist, poor girl got pushed down :(

anyways good episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2011 3:40 PM

Feb 2009
Ok, now they start dancing...
Nov 14, 2011 1:19 AM

Oct 2011
so far so good :)
Nope.
Nov 19, 2011 5:22 PM

Apr 2011
Poor, delusional Ringo... how can you compete with "Fabulous Max!" ? XD I loved the puppet-show style they used for her perspective in this ep.
Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em. ~Webb Wilder
Dec 20, 2011 12:27 AM

Feb 2010
LMAO. I really love those penguins. Here I thought that one penguin was gonna save Ringo, then suddenly he grabs a fish and swims back up~
and random push on escalator is random D:?
Dec 20, 2011 10:42 AM

May 2008
MillonzKub said:
I lol at the No.2 penguin i thought the no.2 penguins was gonna save Ringo and i just LOL
same thoughts here XDD;;
Dec 27, 2011 9:29 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, I haven't be this annoyed by a heroine in a WHILE now. Seriously, just how cliché is Ringo's imaginations, typical fangirl. It as seriously pissing me off.

ReaperCreeper said:

Agreed with this notion
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 14, 2012 8:10 AM

Jun 2009
OMG those penguins XD

One so gluttonous, another so perverted.

Absolutely crack me up to see number 2 grab the fish instead of Ringo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2012 9:25 PM

Oct 2011
So far I'm liking it, especially the penguins and the end! Except Ringo's character sort of annoys me at this point. I tend do disfavour crazy girls like her.
Jan 23, 2012 2:45 PM
Jul 2011
ReaperCreeper said:

Me too! But the penguins more than make up for anything annoying this show could throw at me!
Jan 23, 2012 10:04 PM

Jul 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Damn, I haven't be this annoyed by a heroine in a WHILE now. Seriously, just how cliché is Ringo's imaginations, typical fangirl. It as seriously pissing me off.

ReaperCreeper said:

Agreed with this notion

I knoww, i wanted to smack her silly!!
Mar 24, 2012 6:54 AM

Sep 2010
So.... are Shouma and Ringo fated to each other? XD Jokin', I liked the episode ^^
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Apr 11, 2012 9:40 PM

Sep 2008
Ohohohoho

Mamiko Noto singing was pure bliss. Her beauty and wit is perfect for her profession and I love how she pwned triple lace. I wonder if triple lace will end up with Shouma somehow.
Apr 21, 2012 12:02 AM

Sep 2011
LOL @ the penguin! Basically just left her to die. =p

And wtf at the ending? Shit just got serious.
Apr 24, 2012 11:14 AM

Oct 2011
atty said:
I laughed so hard when the penguin was actually catching a fish instead of saving Ringo.

THIS XDD
Jun 22, 2012 7:19 AM

Dec 2011
Those day dreams were funny as hell. For a moment, I thought Ringo would get saved by the penguin then be able to see them or something... then the fish appeared, I laughed so much there XD
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Jul 22, 2012 5:12 AM

Jan 2008
Now, is Ringo's diary predicting the future à la Mirai Nikki or is is just that she plans out the day beforehand and is super dertermined to make it work at all costs? Hmm.
Anyway, I like Shou. =)

Oct 24, 2012 11:48 PM
Jan 2012
The dream scenes were so Utena-ish. xD
And wow, that ending left me intrigued. The more mysteries the merrier :3

Ringo is the most interesting character atm, I tend to like twisted characters like her.
Dec 29, 2012 3:56 PM

Jun 2011
Sorry, but I just love Ringo.
Dec 30, 2012 7:45 PM

Apr 2012
This reminds me of Death Note, but instead of gods of death there are penguins.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Mar 28, 2013 9:07 AM

Jan 2010
so yeah i figured about halfway through the episode the diary is most likely the penguin drum
i sorta hope a romance develops between ringo and shouma
im guessing whatever she writes in the diary is bound to happen but not in the way she plans it out. its like her own future diary ( mirai nikki ref right there)
surprise ending
all i want to know is if she planned for the woman to fall down the escalator or she wanted something else to happen. probs something else because whatever she writes never comes out the way she wants it to
Mar 31, 2013 4:54 PM

May 2012
This episode was really funny and great in story development as well! The funny style with the story scenes was pretty original and a good addition to the whole story but Ringo sure has some though competition!

What's up with that ending with the woman in red heels? Lets see what's up with that next!
Apr 2, 2013 12:41 AM

Jan 2013
4.575/5
The singing was awesome
Apr 21, 2013 4:51 PM
Jul 2012
RinTestarossa said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Me too. Skipping of this episode because of her. Stupid bitch -_-
Apr 24, 2013 9:55 PM
Mar 2009
Surprised Ringo is not as yandere as I thought. Her fairy tale delusions are so trippy, lol. But wow, an actress, she can't possibly compare. Her delusions actually replacing reality? Lawl.

Wow #1 was so far up that waitress's ass, lol.

Whoa, Yuri is pretty vindictive. And she seemed so nice and all.

WHOA, DAT ENDING. Could it really have been Ringo? That deviates so much from her "Get in Tabuki's pants" fate line.
Jun 3, 2013 7:09 AM

Nov 2012
ah ringo still make me fell creepy lol.. XD

I was thinking the penguin want to help ringo when she's drown but that was wrong until Koi fish pass by -_- lol

not really bad.. but the penguin not really funny like previously episode :p
Jul 6, 2013 11:44 PM

Apr 2009
ReaperCreeper said:
Same. Even worse was that she was led to believe she achieved her 'fated' goal of 'kissing' Tabuki.
...when it was Shouma who sacrificed his first kiss to save the scheming stalker
Jul 27, 2013 6:50 AM

Feb 2011
I love those penguins.

Ringo is so creepy, but her fantasy was hilarious, oh gosh.

Poor Shouma. XDD

That skunk is definitely part of something, with that logo on it.
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 13, 2013 2:24 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I don't really like Ringo too much, but I suppose she's vital to the mistery in this series since it seem the diary is probably the Penguindrum.

I wonder who pushed the hottie at the end?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 22, 2013 11:43 PM

Sep 2010
NoOOOOOO Sho-kun and crazy stalker cannot be a pairing.. Please.
Jan 11, 2014 5:50 PM

Jul 2012
Dayum that ending. Guess she has a Death Note as well as a Mirai Nikki.

Ringo is gonna need some serious character development in order to make me like her.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.