Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 6, 2013 2:02 AM

Feb 2010
WolfWood37 said:
I guess i'm one of the few who likes Saya singing...but no one is talking about the teacher at the end saying her lyrics?
I'm glad someone else does. Everyone keeps complaining about it..and I love it.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Feb 10, 2016 12:18 AM

Sep 2012
good episode. Pieces are starting to come into the season.
Jun 25, 2017 5:28 PM

Feb 2015
Seabury said:
I hope there's two more episodes of this school-life formula just so the complaining people finally give up. Then it will get amazing and we will laugh. That's what I sincerely hope for, but maybe that's because I get tired after reading so much bitching. I guess that's what I get, just like the people who keep watching this even though they think it sucks.

This - totally agree.

Small pieces coming together each episode. Tokizane is interesting in that he seems to be the only one bringing some questions into Saya's life to cause her to doubt her own neat little image of what her life is like in the village whereas everyone else wants to perpetuate it.

The flashbacks pique my curiosity and I wonder at why it seems only Saya can see the little dog. Fumito just gets more creepy buy the episode - wonder what his exact angle is in all this.

Jan 13, 2018 1:04 AM
Jun 2017
It's pathetic that Saya says "I will protect everyone" after she just let a innocent man die in third episode.
And she doesn't feel sad about it or even think about it.
But now, she feels sad when a handsome man dies.
Dec 21, 2018 8:46 PM
Jun 2017
prismheart said:
It was an okay episode. This show has me thinking everyone but Saya is a monster or something though.

Gee you think? what could have given it away? The horribly cliched secluded village, the creepy cliched father, saya's idiotic character that makes no sense or about a dozens of anvils the show dropped that this is wrong place?

-----

Anyway, another crappy episode.

Characters still flat as sticks and as complex as firstgrader's mind, the mood shifts have shitty execution and Saya is still annoying girl with stupid hair.

Careful, BloodC, your 5 episode-till-i-drop limit is running out.

1/5
realized that in this episode exactly at 14: 00s comes another voice that is not hers while he speaks at the same time.
Sep 12, 2019 8:12 PM
Jul 2018
Can't say I understand that very last scene. What did the teacher say that was so shocking? She just said the day was peaceful. Maybe my brain is too primitive. Maybe the teacher's words are supposed to have some kind of plot-significant depth? I don't know. 'Don't get it.
Sep 12, 2019 8:13 PM
Jul 2018
SICK action sequence. The (normal) animation isn't anything stellar compared to other animes however I'll always be a fan of the fight scenes. When Saya flies through the air to a slice an opponent, I can feel the physics. And when the bird threw Saya to the ground and she did like four rolls before going unconscious. So fluid! Poor fisherman though.
Sep 12, 2019 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
Tf is "this isn't what they told me" supposed to mean. When the blonde fisherman picks up the injured one in the lake, one of them says, "this isn't what they told me". I'm watching it subbed... was this a translation error? In reality, was he saying something like "they never said this would happen [during our job]."?
Sep 12, 2019 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
musicalsushi said:
Last episode, Saya watched the baker die in the train
This episode...she watched three fishes die

Isn't she supposed to protect people???
I feel like she was fully capable to save at least to people in this episode

I agree with the comments above...I wonder who the bodies get taken care of
What bothers me the most is that her uniform remains almost untouched after the battle....
It hardly gets torn up or anything...and Saya gets thrown around like a rag doll

This anime is a one trick pony it seems like
The same thing has been happening for 4 episodes straight....
Home > School > Back Home > Kill Some Monster > Home > School

Lather...Rinse....Repeat =_=

First off, I do like the "lather rinse repeat" aspect of the show. It's kinda like a ritual. When I was younger, I saw some episodes of a show called "Phineas and Ferb" which is famous for each episode having the same exact sequence. And I think that's sort of the charm. The first half of the episode is light-hearted and the second half is a battle. I almost feel as if this was done deliberately. I agree, the show is kinda shitty, but I don't necessarily mind this. Plus, they are progressing along the plot morsel by morsel... and judging by the clips I've seen on YouTube, the cast is killed off and things get moving. I don't wanna spoil anything too deeply but it's not like this is the entire show... I don't think.

==========

Secondly, she does indeed watch people die. The baker, and the three fisherman. I've seen many similar comments like this on YouTube and MyAnimeList. About watching people die. I don't wanna defend this crappy anime but once again, I feel like this is something the show did right. These are insanely powerful monsters, and Saya just BARELY manages to slay the each time. If she can JUST manage to kill them successfully, I doubt she'd be able to save another person besides herself. There was even a section in the show where she was chasing after the injured brunette fisherman to save him, but a toad was approaching close behind her so she turned around to slice it (and defend herself) -- when she turned back around to save the fisherman, his guts were being eaten.
- I'd like to elaborate more on this, but SLIGHT spoiler, if you've seen the school scene on YouTube, you'll know that tons and tons and tons of people get slaughtered in front of Saya and she doesn't even save ONE of them.
People have called Saya completely useless, and that's not a bad assumption to make at all. From what I've seen, I'd conclude that Saya is mostly incapable of saving others.

Having said all that though, I'm fine with this. What I'm building up to is: logic, physics, and how a potential scenario would go down IRL. I like how they didn't make Saya a completely perfect character capable of sa ving every single person in trouble. In fact, if I were an incredible swordsman capable of slaying demons, I doubt I'D be able to save most victims I witness either. We're only human and our joints/bodies can only conquer so much.

If Saya prioritized these victims over the monsters and spent all of her time trying to save them, she obviously couldn't defeat any of the monsters... if the monsters go undefeated, then tons of more people get killed. I hate to say "use the baker and fisherman as decoys" but hey, if they hadn't been used as decoys, things could've gotten much, much worse, with many more casualties.

So at the very least, at least Saya is capable enough to kill the monsters to prevent further lives from being lost AND granting the dead souls an act of vengeance.

One more thing I wanna praise (from the limited amount of praiseworthy events in this anime) is the fact that Saya actually gets injured and/or tired out, reaches limits, can't jump abnormally high (save for when she jumped up that tree), or punch through boulders with her bare hands. She has a normal body and limited powers save for her incredible acrobatics and sword skills thanks to training in a secluded environment.

It JUST makes this fictional universe more believable and potentially distracting flaws obsolete.
Aug 23, 2021 4:59 AM
Dec 2017
the episode was ok overall

Dec 24, 2021 1:36 AM

Apr 2019
why is the father saying nothing. what a prick honestly.

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Dec 28, 2021 10:11 PM
Feb 2021
She sang, she played with cat, she get late school, she slaiy barren whatever,she met with father, she hang up with friends ! It's annoyingly so repetitive
May 14, 2023 6:20 AM

Nov 2010
I love the fights. They look so brutal with all the blood and gore. So far, they only show guys getting killed. I wanna see pretty girls getting killed and eaten too!
Aug 13, 2023 4:46 PM
Mar 2022
:) saya is childish but she is dutyfull
Oct 1, 2023 6:28 AM

Jan 2023
So far this anime feels very lackluster in a lot of departments, I almost find myself bored sometimes. It's like repeating the same day over and over again with nothing new happening.
Nov 8, 2023 2:48 PM

Dec 2022
The incremental approach to divulging the plot details and horror aspects of the anime is something I can appreciate. It doesn't bombard you with dread from the start, nor does it have an abrupt tonal flip from cheerful to dark — and it instead chooses the route of every episode being ever so slightly more murky than the last.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.