Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 28, 2011 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
shinkeikaku said:
...that's it, I give up on BL anime. Seriously. Now they're even scraping the bottom of Nakamura Shungiku's shitty barrel while ignoring everything else.

EXCACTLY!!!!
Jul 28, 2011 6:28 PM

Sep 2009
anaaga said:
windy said:
People who actually think this is good: go read something thought provoking like Kyuuso wa Cheese no Yume wo Miru.
That manga is greatness. They should animate that one instead of Hybrid Child
I do 2nd this but you know, the main reason why they don't do much of anime adaptations of psychological mangas is because it's really hard to pull it off. It's not for all sort of audience hence fear of low sales.

Anyway, BL is always welcomed in my territory.
Jul 28, 2011 6:28 PM

Jan 2011
They need to animate Seven Days already, maybe then people would have a better opinion of the genre.
Jul 28, 2011 6:36 PM

Jul 2010
Why is there so many yaoi/shounen-ai titles being announced?
I don't mind them, but could they do something else. It looks like all of Shungiku Nakamura's work will be animated.

-Lunacie said:
They need to animate Seven Days already, maybe then people would have a better opinion of the genre.

Totally agree!
Jul 28, 2011 6:37 PM

Apr 2010
interesting... but i'm kinda confused its tagged as historical and the cover art makes it seem like it would be so... but its about an android? just how exactly does that work?

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jul 28, 2011 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
I am not her fan, but I pretty much read all of her works [i guess >_<]

So I can say this: Hybrid Child is her best work, seriously.
I'm so glad theyre gonna turn this into an anime, its so cute D:

Aaaah ureshi da yo S2
Jul 28, 2011 6:57 PM

Jul 2007
Valentiln said:
anaaga said:
windy said:
People who actually think this is good: go read something thought provoking like Kyuuso wa Cheese no Yume wo Miru.
That manga is greatness. They should animate that one instead of Hybrid Child
I do 2nd this but you know, the main reason why they don't do much of anime adaptations of psychological mangas is because it's really hard to pull it off. It's not for all sort of audience hence fear of low sales.

Anyway, BL is always welcomed in my territory.

+1

BL is welcome but is not like "WOAHM, HYBRID CHILD IS THE BEEEEST OF THE WORLD!"
Jul 28, 2011 7:23 PM

Apr 2008
windy said:
Holy fuck, WHY DO THEY KEEP ANIMATING THIS WOMAN'S FUCKING TERRIBLE SHIT? It's a disgrace. Animate some decent BL.. or maybe even something good! There's tons of it out there! All this bullshit does is reinforce the stereotype that all BL is shallow, unrealistic, and generally shitty.

Yes I mad.

glad to see you think the same way as I do.

BETTER BL stories often turn into a few episodes of OVA
(like Koisuru Boukun, Seitoukaichou Chuukoku and Sex Pistols DESERVES 13 or 24 episodes KTHXBAI!). Why can't they pick others instead of just from ONE mangaka?

her manga art is shit, sex scenes are even worse.
Jul 28, 2011 8:37 PM

Mar 2011
Neverarine said:
interesting... but i'm kinda confused its tagged as historical and the cover art makes it seem like it would be so... but its about an android? just how exactly does that work?

Yeah, it's about androids. They were able to invent freakin robots in the 19th century.Something Gintama-ish, when it comes to the setting

Valentiln said:

True. But at least they can make an OVA out of it ;_;
Sadly, most yaoi anime is for the, um, fan service and drama
They should totally animate Seven Days/Only the Flower Knows.
Or Only the Ring Finger Knows at least. Not that good, but I prefer that over SIH and JR. It has the cute fan service and the drama too, if that's the reason why they keep animating Shungiku-sensei's works.

Anything but hers.

HanamuraJuuri said:
So I can say this: Hybrid Child is her best work, seriously.
I'm so glad theyre gonna turn this into an anime, its so cute D:
]

I don't really like Hybrid Child, but I totally agree on that part. Hybrid Child is waay better than JR. The reason why I like SIH better than Hybrid Child is because SIH isn't depressing like Hybrid Child. SIH does not and will not make me depressed.
Jul 28, 2011 8:53 PM

Jul 2010
I'd prefer Boku no Pico S2 .
Now that was deep BL.
StreetFighterJul 28, 2011 8:58 PM
Jul 28, 2011 9:30 PM

Jul 2011
Homestuck said:
I'd prefer Boku no Pico S2 .
Now that was deep BL.

lol yes!
i'd rather watch pico X chico X coco X loco X richo X kico, than watching more nakamura's work
Jul 28, 2011 10:37 PM

Aug 2007
Isn't there like millions of BL artist waiting for their work to be adapted? XD I'm okay with both mangas of Junjou and Sekaiichi (though I prefer Sekaiichi than Junjou), but now looking at it, they don't have the magic to be an anime to me. But apparently, I am wrong since they already adapter another Nakamura Shungiku manga (cause to Japan, you adapt shit when it's obvious it's going to profit).

Anyways, why give another mangaka an opportunity to have their work into an anime instead. Double Adaptions all the way is making Nakamura Shungiku have an evil grin and keep writing the same base all over again (though I kinda wish she stop all these million arcs in one series since it really annoys me).
Jul 29, 2011 3:41 AM

Jul 2008
WTH is wrong with the world‏!!
Jul 29, 2011 4:06 AM

Feb 2008
It's good to see more shonen-ai getting animated but I would like to see other mangaka's series to have an OAV or a TV anime (like Only the Ring Finger Knows ^^)
Jul 29, 2011 4:26 AM

May 2010
Wow, another after JR and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Nakamura-sensei manga gets anime? O_o It must be pretty popular :D Well, another yaoi, so I'm in :3
Jul 29, 2011 6:38 AM

May 2011
it's a pretty short work when compared to her other BL mainstream works, they say it's like a BL version of chobits or something. read the manga and it left many openings for consideration, not as amazing as junjou or hatsukoi which i must agree have pretty cliche plots. i just wonder how long each story of HC is going to last if it's going to be animated. chances are it is likely OAV/OVA but will it be separate stories in one movie or multiple mini OVAs?
Jul 29, 2011 6:46 AM

Nov 2010
Why only this one mangaka? are they too scared to try out other kinds of BL?
I'm never going to get adaptation of Seven Days
I'm not sure what to feel about this...

-Lunacie said:

YES! thank-you! It's nice to know I'm not the only on one feeling butthurt about this... Seven Days needs more love ;_;
fluttershyJul 29, 2011 6:52 AM
Jul 29, 2011 7:07 AM

Jan 2010
Why is it always her work that get TV adaptations? Come on, there are so many great yaoi mangas out there that deserve it a million times more.

I'll still watch it, but I really wish BL mangas like Seven Days and Kyuuso wa Cheese no Yume wo Miru would get a chance.
Jul 29, 2011 8:21 AM

Jun 2008
First SIH gets a second season, and now this?
I'd still watch it though, well, just because.
also why can't other better BL titles be animated instead why

-Lunacie said:

^ this so much
Jul 29, 2011 8:33 AM

May 2010
Where is the love of the Yuri ?
Jul 29, 2011 9:46 AM

Nov 2010
does anyone know when it will be made into an anime?? and same goes with the second season of Sekaiichi Hatsukoi?
Jul 29, 2011 11:12 AM

Feb 2010
looks like i can see usagi-chan again huh ...anyway YAY!!! another yaoi is coming
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Jul 29, 2011 12:29 PM

Jan 2010
Geez, why bother with Nakamura Shungiku when there are so many other great BL works? Dissapointing to say in the least.

I also wish to see some decent yuri DX
Jul 29, 2011 12:51 PM

Mar 2009
I liked this manga but I would rather want to see the third season of Junjou Romantica T.T
Jul 29, 2011 3:01 PM

Mar 2011
Flinter said:
anaaga said:
Now all they need to do is start making anime out of Yuki Shimizu's yaoi. Or Sakurai Takahiro. Or Yamane Ayano....Damn it, why is it always Shungiku-sensei?

Sakurai Takahiro is a seiyuu. Did you mean Takarai Rihito (Seven Days; Hana nomi zo Shiru) ^__^?

Totally agree on Yuki Shimizu. But disagree on Yamane Ayano. Surely enough, art-wise she's one of the best BL-artists out there, but story-wise her works aren't so amazing (nothing more than a mainstream yaoi).

Yes, Takarai Rihito. My bad. I've been obsessed with Sakurai Takahiro's voice these days.

It would be nice to have Crimson Spell being animated though. Needs more fantasy yaoi anime
OR they should just animate ZE or Love Mode already! Though I prefer ZE more.
Jul 29, 2011 3:15 PM

Dec 2009
More yaoi for me, yes 8D
Jul 29, 2011 3:47 PM

May 2009
holypoop said:

I'll still watch it, but I really wish BL mangas like Seven Days and Kyuuso wa Cheese no Yume wo Miru would get a chance.

I would kill to see Kyuuso wa Cheese no Yume wo Miru animated. Or Gerard to Jackques or Totally captivated, or at least the newest Ai no Kusabi project to be put out of hiatus and be completed.

Nevertheless I don't mind Hybrid Child. I 've read the manga and I really liked it. I came long ago to terms with the fact that we are not gonna see anything serious in the genre for a long long looooong time, so I prefer this kind of comedy compared to sex pistols'.

lol @ the comments raging for more anime with girls.

Jul 29, 2011 3:58 PM

Jun 2008
SageShinigami said:
nekonekogirl said:
Need yuri. Or shoujo-ai. Or shoujo. Something with girls.

This.
Jul 30, 2011 9:36 AM

Dec 2009
I had read it and I think it's quite good. But I worry that it doesn't have enough materials to make into 12/13 episodes anime.

Somehow, I hope that Totally Captivated and Kirai Janai Kedo will be animated soon. And of course Seven Days too.

Jul 30, 2011 6:57 PM

Oct 2008
ptitejuju said:
It's good to see more shonen-ai getting animated but I would like to see other mangaka's series to have an OAV or a TV anime (like Only the Ring Finger Knows ^^)

This. I'd love to see OtRFK animated!
Jul 31, 2011 7:01 AM

Jan 2008
Sweet. I was touched by this work of sensei on the part of the doll master. I'm glad to hear this. We.need.more.BL.
Aug 1, 2011 5:49 PM

Oct 2008
-Lunacie said:

Indeed, this and Doukyuusei would make FAR better OVAS. We can only dream.
bekeruAug 1, 2011 5:54 PM
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Aug 4, 2011 6:31 PM

Mar 2009
what the f**********ck!!!!>.<
i like JR and love SIH BUT enough already!why Nakamura again!?! she isnt even the best or sth!there are really very unique mangas out there but whyyy again Nakamura!?
Aug 7, 2011 12:08 PM

Mar 2009
Wow. Lately Nakamura-sensei gets so many manga made in anime or ova. It's kinda wierd. I agree with reira93 that there ale loads of other authors and loads of epic manga... I love Nakamura-sensei's works but that's enough. Give chance to other people! :)
" I will be your deadman,
With nothing but this blood on my hands.
Stuck in your "wonderland"... "
Aug 12, 2011 11:21 AM

Jul 2010
Why's everyone so negative? I really like her works and yeah it's true that this would be her 3rd work that gets animated but isn't it kinda hypocritical to say that they're simply going to animate everything as long as she's the mangaka? I like the manga a lot, it's cute, had an original story line and a bit drama :)

True there are other manga's that deserve an adaption too but this'll be an OVA (I can't imagine it getting 11/13 episodes) so they aren't ignored, it's just that they have too much material to make an OVA?

As for the shoujo-ai/yuri fans, there are less fans for shoujo-ai compared with the shounen-ai fans so of course they'll make more shounen-ai anime... and isn't the new anime Yuri Yuri (that's the name right?) enough to make you happy?
Aug 22, 2011 9:13 AM

Apr 2011
i want some good yaoi manga's to be animated, not more of her work. ;(
Humans, eh? Think they're lords of creation. Not like us cats. We *know* we are. Ever see a cat feed a human? Case proven
Sep 27, 2011 6:00 AM

Jul 2009
I agree, I'm so angry. why only her mangas? there are some other mangas too, better than JR, SH and stuff. Nakamura's works aren't that great, they're average, I would say. characters have the same faces, hairdo, and arts are just ugly. that's why I dropped JR and SH mangas.
but yeah, I'll watch Hybrid Child, I'm curious. but I don't expect to find anything interesting/cute/great.
ame-furiSep 29, 2011 3:50 PM
Sep 27, 2011 7:47 AM

Nov 2010
Actually the premise is good, but the shounen-ai tag kills me.
Oct 17, 2011 12:26 PM

Feb 2011
miilklatte said:
... I love Nakamura but I also wish they'd give a chance to other yaoi/shounen-ai manga. :3 There're so many great ones I'd love to see animated.

THIS, there soooo many shounen ai/yaoi manga out there, and why are they animating just her works Dx

and ppl who are complaining about not enough shoujo-ai stuff, believe me, they put sooo much of it in regular anime that its pretty much ridiculous. there is ALWAYS a random lesbian character. jus saiyan
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2011 3:11 PM

Aug 2011
daniyagami said:
YAY! I'm so happy! I love this manga! Look forward for this anime!

THE SAME THING HERE =D
Dec 23, 2011 11:29 PM

Mar 2010
lol all characters looks same. no innovations at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2011 11:34 PM

Dec 2010
I don't like Shounen Ai, but it seems like something decent.

Dec 26, 2011 1:01 AM

Apr 2008
Animefanx3 said:
Why's everyone so negative? I really like her works and yeah it's true that this would be her 3rd work that gets animated but isn't it kinda hypocritical to say that they're simply going to animate everything as long as she's the mangaka? I like the manga a lot, it's cute, had an original story line and a bit drama :)

True there are other manga's that deserve an adaption too but this'll be an OVA (I can't imagine it getting 11/13 episodes) so they aren't ignored, it's just that they have too much material to make an OVA?

As for the shoujo-ai/yuri fans, there are less fans for shoujo-ai compared with the shounen-ai fans so of course they'll make more shounen-ai anime... and isn't the new anime Yuri Yuri (that's the name right?) enough to make you happy?

Thank you.

I was sick of seeing all the haters. :/ If you don't like it, then don't watch it. Period. Why bitch and moan, when 1) It's only a goddamn OVA, 2) Obviously enough people are enjoying her manga's/anime's enough to get another manga of hers animated, and 3) Yes, there are a lot better works out there, but bitching and moaning isn't gonna get them animated. So enjoy what yaoi IS animated. I know I am, though I have my opinions of what is "good" and what isn't, but to each his own. I don't go into the Gravitation discussion and talk about how crappy that yaoi is... I ignore that section altogether.

So suck it.
Jan 18, 2012 7:36 PM

Nov 2007
ugh. i love BL but y keep going with her works? there's so much better manga than this!!! at least we get ai no kusabi....

banana
Jan 22, 2012 7:46 AM

Aug 2011
DYING FOR HAPPINESS!!!!

BEST NEWS in 2012 so far!!!

Well, I do hope that the other Manga like Koisuru Boukun will be animated as well (since I Love that series so dam much) but still, I feel grateful with this news. There's no much Shonen-ai manga after Junjou and Sekaiichi... so this is a great news.
holyverdeJan 22, 2012 8:04 AM
Jan 29, 2012 5:22 AM
Aug 2011
i hope its true..and they working on it X)
May 15, 2012 5:37 PM
Mar 2010
it's been almost a year since this announcement. has there been any more news as to when it's going to be released?
May 22, 2012 2:39 PM
Jun 2010
yaoiisgood said:
Animefanx3 said:

Thank you.

I was sick of seeing all the haters. :/ If you don't like it, then don't watch it. Period. Why bitch and moan, when 1) It's only a goddamn OVA, 2) Obviously enough people are enjoying her manga's/anime's enough to get another manga of hers animated, and 3) Yes, there are a lot better works out there, but bitching and moaning isn't gonna get them animated. So enjoy what yaoi IS animated. I know I am, though I have my opinions of what is "good" and what isn't, but to each his own. I don't go into the Gravitation discussion and talk about how crappy that yaoi is... I ignore that section altogether.

So suck it.

I agree with this. Also I'm wondering how many of those who want certain manga to be turned into anime have ever bought the manga, drama-CD's or any other merchandise that comes with it? If something isn't selling while its in those stages, then there's little chance of it being picked up by a studio to even warrant an anime adaptation, whatever genre it happens to be. If people don't spread the word and spend some money on the manga, drama-CD's or whatever else there is and every single one of the fans or even just a 1/3 of them do so it's not going to go so well as they'll assume no one wants to buy the anime/OVA adaptation.

According to an investigation by Media Development Research Institute Inc., a 30 minute episode of a TV anime in 2010 that totaled 11,000,000 yen (about US $145,214 at the current exchange rate) ~ http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/10/30-1/how-much-does-one-episode-of-anime-cost-to-make

So for a 12 episode anime that would be 132,000,000 yen (1,742,568 USD). It might be difficult to make a profit and that's without the cost of marketing factored in.

So how many people would buy the anime/OAV of their preferred genre or preferred manga to anime adaptation? How many have bought anything that would support the manga-ka and make their series even 1 purchase more popular? Think about a single volume costing $10.00 in order to get $150,000 they'd need to sell 15,000 copies, but that's still probably not enough copies sold in their or anime production minds to warrant their taking a risk of turning it into an anime. And as for the art... well it usually resembles whats in the manga. And they work with how much $ they have to spend so of course some anime isn't going to be so well made as another. Quality costs $$$. So better quality episodes would cost more than the aforementioned yen/USD. Maybe a really great quality episode would cost upwards of 33,000,000 yen (300,000 USD) so then 12 episodes would be 396,000,000 yen (3,600,000 USD). Anime production companies are just that, companies. They'll sacrifice some quality in order to make a profit.. they don't want to break even they want to make money.
Aug 15, 2012 3:08 PM

Aug 2012
i like her works and i'm looking forward to seeing how this is going to turn out :)
Sep 5, 2012 1:49 PM

Jul 2011
I have a feeling this was cancelled.

edit: nope, even though time has passed some news just came out.
EdenBagginsNov 3, 2012 2:13 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.