Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 12, 2011 11:20 PM

Apr 2009
badbluesplayer said:
Alucard NOOOO!!! i really want to know what happens next!!! hell when does OVA 9 comes out?? :(

Five-six monthes from here at best. Seven-eight at worst.
Aug 13, 2011 6:33 AM
May 2011
1 year + 2 months at best.
Aug 13, 2011 6:36 AM

Apr 2009
used2likeDTB said:

That's not true at all.
Aug 13, 2011 10:04 AM

Aug 2009
i'm so disappointed in this 8 OVA, im speechless........Dislaiked it BIG TIME !! and all the rest i completely adored !!!
Aug 13, 2011 2:32 PM

Apr 2011
What an awesome episode ... was it worth the two-year wait? I think so! I just hope it's not 2013 till the next one comes out. Anderson was fucking BEAST! He used a Nail off of the Cross in order to turn into some kinda super-monster, which he was already superhuman to begin with. Then they end it in a crazy cliffhanger, Anderson apparently killing Alucard (though you know it's not going down like that). I'm very fond of Anderson so it's a little painful seeing him fight Alucard, no matter how badass both of them are, because I know he won't be able to pull out a victory in Alucard's anime.

This episode was mostly Alucard spamming his 'true form', a huge wave of all the souls he's devoured in his hundreds of years of undeath ... pretty badass and terrifying at that. I liked that he turned back into his Vlad the Impaler appearance at first, but missed if there was any explanation for why he suddenly switched back to his modern outfit.

5/5 ... I hope they're working on the next one already.

EDIT: Thanks for the info Klimat, I hope that's the case and it doesn't get pushed back even further. Still, 5-8 months for another episode is so long to wait X_x
Aug 14, 2011 12:41 PM

Sep 2008
Am I the only one actually disappointed with this episode?

Everything else besides Alucards entrance was mediocre. I love this show, I really do, when I heard ep8 is finally coming out I was out of my mind. Now, I just feel kinda sad to be honest.
CG wasn't on par with previous episodes, even Alucards epic smirk was somewhat lacking. Dunno, maybe I set my expectations too high. Whole battle with Anderson was also disappointing, no suspense whatsoever.

After almost 2 years I expected more, especially having recently rewatched all 7 previous episodes. Seras had way better episode with way better fighting. I won't even go into episode where Alucard fought the girl with the gun aboard that ship. This was nowhere near that level.

This wasn't bad episode, but it also wasn't as good as other HU episodes.

Oh well, waiting for next episode it is...
Aug 14, 2011 8:54 PM

Dec 2007
Klimat said:
used2likeDTB said:

That's not true at all.

It took a year and a half for this episode, So i imagine it will be at least another year for the next.
Aug 14, 2011 10:35 PM

Apr 2009
Renton- said:
Klimat said:
used2likeDTB said:

That's not true at all.

It took a year and a half for this episode, So i imagine it will be at least another year for the next.

READ HERE.
Aug 14, 2011 11:21 PM

Apr 2008
8.83 GBs of Awesome will be going up on my TV tomorrow.
Aug 15, 2011 4:15 AM
Nov 2008
blahrgness said:
8.83 GBs of Awesome will be going up on my TV tomorrow.

It just did on mine. Though I had to install MPC because my usual ZoomPlayer+CCCP combo couldn't play it because of the Hi10p.
I liked it. Especially the Seras meets Alucard part. Master.... Hige? Though there should've been some more dialog there :(.

And i don't think the CG was lacking.
Aug 15, 2011 6:25 AM
Jan 2010
just saw it subbed. cg was a bit over done and there was still some camp but so glad they kept it to a minimum, still plenty bad-ass though. defiantly worth the wait. Anderson/ Alucard battle was as epic as it should have been. Now the wait starts again for 9.
Aug 15, 2011 9:28 AM

Jun 2009
Really liked the awesomeness of the Blue-ray Quality Fighting scenes and Alcurds full power. ^^
Vic Seras have a really cool arm, wonder how (badass) It would look if she's using it :P

Aug 16, 2011 7:11 AM

Dec 2009
The OVA was good but I don,t like the change in studio. It took to long to continue that destroyed the continuity for me since i watched the first 7 in a single week.
Aug 16, 2011 7:13 AM

Apr 2009
bavoshiasb said:
The OVA was good but I don,t like the change in studio. It took to long to continue that destroyed the continuity for me since i watched the first 7 in a single week.

Studio change has nothing to do with the delay.
Aug 16, 2011 8:09 AM
Jun 2010
awesome episode~~~~~

to be honest i expected more from 1.5 years of break but i'm contend with this one. it's really good..

What i really like is it stars all my favourite characters in the series: Alucard vs Alexander Anderson. (and of coz a little of victoria sweetens the episode!)
For some reason i actually like Alexander Anderson more than Alucard...i get really pumped up when he does his trademark "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAmen"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alucard is cool too with his chant which reminds me of unlimited blade works lol!

Apart from the likings, areas that i'd like to see would be the relationship between Alexander Anderson, Maxwell and his sword-wielding + gun-firing Iscariot kids.

"I also wanted to pet Seras :(" +1

the above pretty sums up my thoughts for this episode, i'd say 8.5/10

now i can't wait for episode 9 already...
Aug 16, 2011 4:26 PM

Apr 2007
Just finsihed it. I have a lot of stuff to say, but im drunk and you guys dont care, so lets just say one thing:

Fucking awesome.
Aug 16, 2011 10:22 PM

Apr 2009
Hell yeah, finally seen this one!

Oh crap Anderson just leveled himself up into a total monster to fight another monster. >_< The meet and greet of Integra and Alucard on the open was simple enough but I had goosebumps when they talked face to face. Enrico Maxwell's holy crusade has got to be the shortest Vatican-sanctioned crusade ever. XD Anyway, I liked the imagery of Anderson and the kids at the ED.

I don't read the manga so I don't know what happened to the guy wearing a cap representing Millennium on the three way face off with Anderson and Alucard. Should I assume he's still going to make an appearance on the subsequent episodes seeing he didn't do anything on this one.

I have savored every moment of the entire episode to appease my anxiety's worth several months of waiting and then to endure several more months waiting for episode 9. X-(
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 17, 2011 11:46 AM

Feb 2010
Does any1 knows is Graphinica gonna take care of the 9 and 10 OVA's too? Or there is a possibility that studio is gonna change again?

Aug 17, 2011 11:51 AM

Apr 2009
Kibernetika said:
Does any1 knows is Graphinica gonna take care of the 9 and 10 OVA's too? Or there is a possibility that studio is gonna change again?

Graphinica and Kelmadick will do 9 and 10 according to the official site.
Aug 17, 2011 4:11 PM
Jul 2010
Nothing has changed and the quality is still clearly visible in the last OVA...Loved the rampage Andeson went through and it was a lovely moment to see Vlad, Seras and Integra "together"

Animation was good as always, a good delivery of course...Can't wait for the continuation of Anderson and Alucard's fight and perhaps to see a bit of Seras vs Hans, we will see...

And the DAWN is pretty good too, even though I don't like Walter's voice that much (Love Paku Romi but I don't think her voice fits him that much)
Aug 18, 2011 5:16 AM

Dec 2010
Klimat said:
Kibernetika said:

Graphinica and Kelmadick will do 9 and 10 according to the official site.

I hope Madhouse or somebody else will do them. Like Saber said CG was really bad in this episode. I don't remember any CG in previous OVAs, everything was fine until now.
At least the fight was quite satisfying.
Aug 18, 2011 6:27 AM

Apr 2009
Kuszek said:
I hope Madhouse or somebody else will do them.

False hope.
Kuszek said:
Like Saber said CG was really bad in this episode. I don't remember any CG in previous OVAs, everything was fine until now.

But they are all full of CGs and always were. Alucard's guns, lots of cars and helicopters, Crusaders in OVA6, zeppelins etc, etc.
I think I can only complain about Alucard's army in one certain scene (when Anderson stands in front of those familiars ordering his subordinates to retreat right after Maxwell's death), otherwise the River of Death was fine. And I really think 3D Nazis and Crusaders were awesome.
Aug 18, 2011 10:09 AM

Feb 2010
Kuszek said:
Like Saber said CG was really bad in this episode. I don't remember any CG in previous OVAs, everything was fine until now .

Then maybe you should wait for the better quality video and try to re-watch it. And the only thing i think was off in this OVA was a facial expression of Alucard (a few moments). It was somehow different from previous OVA's.

Aug 18, 2011 11:49 AM

Dec 2010
Kibernetika said:
Kuszek said:
Like Saber said CG was really bad in this episode. I don't remember any CG in previous OVAs, everything was fine until now .

Then maybe you should wait for the better quality video and try to re-watch it. And the only thing i think was off in this OVA was a facial expression of Alucard (a few moments). It was somehow different from previous OVA's.

Quality of the episode and crappy CG (yeah, I meant the army) are two different things.
Aug 19, 2011 11:27 AM

Feb 2010
Kuszek said:
Kibernetika said:
Kuszek said:

Quality of the episode and crappy CG (yeah, I meant the army) are two different things.

Then close ur eyes and skip that scene if u don't like it. The best option xDD

Aug 20, 2011 8:04 AM

Oct 2010
hmm I think the CG was ok... they overdid it at times, but what really bugged me was Integra and Anderson design. It was a little off for me but the rest was very tolerable.
Hopefully we will see the next two OVA soon, having to re-watch everything every time a new one is release is kinda time consuming T_T
huh?
Aug 22, 2011 4:25 AM

Aug 2009
Holy shit! Dracula! I wish he stayed in that form for longer...
Aug 22, 2011 11:57 PM

Feb 2011
I think when you go into anything with little or no expectations, you can wind up very, very, very enthused; hardcore fans and critics have something to complain about here, and I respect that.
But I was just along for the ride.
And I loved every second of it. I just marathon'd 5, 6, 7, and 8, and I'm very impressed.
But then again, I suppose I'm just impressed by the depth of the storyline and how it's transformed so much beyond what I expected. So OVA critics who read the manga... I understand.
But for me it's going to be a 5/5. I loved it both visually and thematically.
If you lived in your computer, you'd be home already.
Aug 23, 2011 10:10 PM

Jan 2008
Oh my god, they used the old OST in the credits! <333 That thrilled me, I have no idea why they didn't use the music from the original series in this one since it was so amazing, but hearing at least that one song made my night.

Though there were some animation inconsistencies and oddities, overall I was having way too much fun watching this to be bothered by them. Finally seeing this chapter animated was amazing, and I can easily overlook the few scenes with some artistic flaws. Alucard shone where he needed to, and oh man...that Dracula form. *drools*
Aug 25, 2011 2:57 AM

Apr 2009
5/5 but still didn't like CG.
Aug 25, 2011 9:29 PM

Jul 2009
Words do not describe this.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 1, 2011 11:53 AM

Jul 2009
Watched this a while ago...

I have to say, it has been a while since I felt this excited. I absolutely loved this episode and I felt chills down my spine when watching this. Norio Wakamoto's voice made me lol at one part though.

CG didn't bother me on my first time watching, but it did kind of bother me when rewatching. Only a little minus though, even when considering the time it took for this episode to come out.
Sep 1, 2011 4:52 PM

Apr 2010
Am I the only one that was disappointed by the soundtrack for this episode? Everything was pretty awesome I thought, although I'm fairly sure the art changed - call me crazy IDC- and the animation was nice and fluid as expected.

However, the music was not as rewarding as was with earlier episodes. There weren't any special tracks like the catchy Akuma Stocking, Broken English, and the even more awesome port Das Engellandlied from whatever old German war-time wayback they found it from.
And really the ending was just a music-port of the original (if that sounds right) Hellsing Anime. It is a great piece, but really? I know that with their incredible break of time they could've chalked up at LEAST one new music beat, and put it [almost] ANYWHERE and it would've been nicer to hear.
I tell you now the words of the red moon; The wolf was born from the Great Spirit, and man became the messenger of the beast. He lives his life in silence, where the blessing of the blood of the gods is bestowed upon him.
The flower wins the favor of the lord of the night, and she gives off her scent. Firm and eternal in countenance, her form is as a lily-white, supple maiden. She stills and condenses time until all is a precious, frozen mass.
It is then that the beast shall appear...
-Darcia the Third

92% OF TEENS HAVE MOVED ON TO RAP. IF YOU'RE PART OF THE 8% WHO STILL LISTENS TO REAL MUSIC, COPY AND PASTE THIS INTO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Sep 3, 2011 12:35 PM

Jun 2009
I waited so long for this and it is finally here! Watched it twice already it was so good to finally see the 8th ova. Sad their is only 2 more however the series has just been amazing overall.
Sep 12, 2011 10:24 AM

Mar 2008
I'm not an hardcore fan, but this was totally worth the wait. I just finished watching and I'm still a little numb. The CG may have been a bit over the top, but overall it was an awesome OVA. Seras appearance was incredible and the Dracula form stole it all. It could have had more Integra and less ridiculous Wakamoto screaming around though, that's just my personal taste.
Sep 14, 2011 2:33 PM

Jan 2011
It was really cool.
Kibernetika Actually somehow Alucard looks kinda different, or that's just my imagination?
I'm at the same opinion. It was kind of strange.
Sep 24, 2011 6:24 PM

Mar 2008
AnimaMortis said:
It was really cool.
Kibernetika Actually somehow Alucard looks kinda different, or that's just my imagination?

Yea Alucard definitely looks different. I rewatched the first 7 OVAs and then watched the 8th OVA and noticed a different. Alucard also seems like he isn't himself too.
Sep 25, 2011 12:01 AM

Apr 2009
Sintaku said:
AnimaMortis said:
It was really cool.

Yea Alucard definitely looks different. I rewatched the first 7 OVAs and then watched the 8th OVA and noticed a different.

Well, if you are talking about his Vlad form, it's supposed to be different since Alucard looks older (on his late forties) in this shape. On the other hand, his red coat form still looked the same for me. Also Hirano was drawing Hellsing for 11 years and his art was improving and changing all this time, I bet you won't recognize his Hellsing Volume 1 Alucard if I show him to you. OVA team did a descent job reducing Hirano's designs to a common denominator to give the characters a stable look through the story were it is needed, but still there may be some minor differences here and there for some Ultimate scenes are really colored moving replicas from the manga.
Oct 12, 2011 7:11 AM

Sep 2007
You guys disappoint me. No mention of the awesome OST from the TV series showing up on the ED? Like, really, the only high point of the TV series was the soundtrack and seeing it being used in the end make me smirk with glee.

As for the episode itself.. man. Got no words for this except.. when do I get to see more? Good god, I was smiling from ear to ear watching the whole damn thing.
Oct 19, 2011 12:03 PM

Feb 2009
Alucard has got to be the most insanely demoniac and freakish character ever to be presented in any form of animated medium. Still all the while remaining with this sense of respect and even sympathy for another being. I'm not religious, but Jesus Christ! This episode was something else. Very well-done.

For the first time in Hellsing Ultimate I feel the latest episode didn't surpass the previous one (episode 7 was on a completely different level than anything else). Not to mention Seras became my favorite character in the series. Still, this episode delivered in every aspect, and can very well rank among the best for the fantastic character interactions between Anderson and Alucard in the most creepy war scenario I have seen.

Watching this episode is like watching a conflict between monsters reaching its pick in plain Hell.
Oct 23, 2011 9:50 AM

Dec 2009
The best thing about this episode was dialogue.
Overall improvement in story. looking forward to next one.
Oct 23, 2011 11:14 PM

Feb 2010
Epic...simply epic. I had fangasms all through this episode. Hell I was so amazed the dodgy CG didn't bother me. The Dracula form of Alucard was badass, and I loved the whole Alucard vs Anderson fight. Can't wait for the final two episodes.
Nov 12, 2011 12:42 PM

Aug 2008
Wonderful, splendid animation. Vlad actually looks pretty kind imo but yeah I prefer vampire Alucard. Guns over sword anyday!
Jan 22, 2012 8:55 AM

Feb 2011
Love it so much *รง*
Mar 7, 2012 8:56 AM

Aug 2009
The CG was ok. It's always a little strange to see CG in an anime. The Major's symphony was a bit low-budget but everything after that was again the same quality animation as usual.

I know i have complained that this adaptation is usually directly from page to video, but this time i gongratulate the show for it. I remember these chapters to be so full of everything it was hard to get a clear picture of it without reading it again. Now we can clearly see whats happening.

Action was good, VA's did a good job and a big plus for the ending song which was actually pretty good and reminded me of the original show.
Mar 7, 2012 11:36 AM

Apr 2009
Shinobinomi said:
Action was good, VA's did a good job and a big plus for the ending song which was actually pretty good and reminded me of the original show.

Actually it was taken from old Hellsing TV OST.
Mar 11, 2012 1:04 PM

Aug 2009
Klimat said:
Shinobinomi said:

Klimat said:
Shinobinomi said:

Wow. That's awesome!
Mar 16, 2012 6:36 PM

Dec 2011
โ€ฆ.he's baaAAAaack! and he has not shaved, but he's once again pushing the boundary of nihilism in fiction far beyond what I thought possible.

and suddenly i'm starting to figure out why they kept him away for so long, it's because the series would be a lot shorter if he was there the whole time. I forgot he can create a mini-apocalypse at the drop of a hat. That's what I fucking call a Noble Phantasm! I never imagined that Maxwell would be swept quickly under the rug only for Alexander to emerge as not only the most formidable adversary yet, but to fucking defeat Alucard in the end! Holy shit snacks. That entire fight was just GLORIOUS. They had to finally spell it out for me, but the revelation that to drink blood means to absorb the memories and essence of that person was chilling (cameos of Rip Van and Card-guy, my god).

I can't help but feel solidarity with the Major as he's conducting his magnificent apocalypse orchestra in ecstasy; watching this ep was like getting high on perfection. I can't even fathom how this one could have been better.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Jul 30, 2012 10:12 AM

Feb 2011
OMFG OMFG AT THE END . These series are so amazing , I can't wait to see the next 2 xD
Aug 13, 2012 11:43 PM

Aug 2010
Holy shit this episode was intense. I can't believe Alucard actually lost, I wonder what's going to happen next episode. There is no way in hell that Alucard died.

5/5
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

153 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 25, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.