Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2011 11:54 AM

Jun 2008
Amazing battle.....and a great cliffhanger...

I can't believe it took so long...

I guess we'll have to wait ANOTHER year for 9.....SIGH
Aug 5, 2011 5:42 AM

Mar 2010
Downloading it right now :D yeah yeah !!!
Aug 5, 2011 3:21 PM

Jan 2011
Epic Fight Scene and great ending. Wondering what will happen next...

Definitely enjoyable to watch, and Alucard looks remarkable in his final form. Can't wait for the next ova to come out.
Aug 5, 2011 8:00 PM
Aug 2011
OMG! its was an epic fight!

I READ THE MANGA..it gets even more epic!

-----------------------
Owner of Alucard Laughing Syndrome Club,
No-Life King

<pre>
Aug 5, 2011 8:40 PM
Oct 2008
I would much rather have the English Dub hurry and catch up....
Aug 5, 2011 10:50 PM

Feb 2010
AH-MAY-ZING.

Wow. So So Sooooo epic in every way. It was a complete clusterfuck of basassery.

How anyone could not have enjoyed (..LOVED) this episode is beyond my comprehension.

Alucard was demonic..(him as the 'Count' was sexy). Integra was badass and Seras was lethal (& cute).

Great episode for Anderson.

I can't wait to watch more Alucard next ep<3 I'm pretty sure he's not dead (I haven't read the manga...) just because he makes the show tick.

Love it. Love it. LOVE IT.

The dead are dancing... and all hell is singing!
Aug 6, 2011 9:58 AM
Apr 2011
Looking forward to a HQ version !

No link?
Aug 6, 2011 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
Any idea, when HQ version is going to show up?
Aug 6, 2011 5:20 PM

Apr 2011
Amazing OVA!!!! EPIC FIGHTSSSS AND A DAMMM HUGE CLIFFHANGER LOL. Love Hellsing forever and Alucard.;)
Aug 6, 2011 6:34 PM

Apr 2011
How come Hellsing Ultimate keeps getting better and better each episode? it's almost criminal !

And damn what a cliffhanger.

Is it me or there was too much CGI this time? it didn't affect the epicness of this episode but it always a good thing to note this.
Aug 7, 2011 4:46 AM

Sep 2007
Magnificent episode, maybe the best yet. Well worth the wait.
Aug 7, 2011 6:00 AM
Aug 2010
Heh for me the highlights of this episode where the Seras Victoria scenes:

I loved her arrival at the scene showcasing her new power, Integra & Anderson instantly understood what it truly meant and what sort of entity has risen. Her expression when telling Anderson she has no fear anymore was epic and had a very "Alucard"-like feeling to it.

The reunion with Alucard was sweet, his eyes were magnificant when he showed he was acknowledging her by calling her by her name instead of "Police Girl", felt like a parent that was truly proud of having it's child complete it's rite of passage into maturity.

Attn Manga spoiler ahead
Aug 7, 2011 2:31 PM

Jan 2010
Saber said:
So, I guess I'm the only one who's not particulary pleased by the new animation. Personally, I thought the animation was almost... terrible, at least in comparison to the works on Hellsing Ultimate done thus far by Satellite and Madhouse. This had some really BAD looking CG and even wierder facial expressions on some of the characters. I felt some of the character models were off, too.

I had volumes 7 and 8 next to me to translate along like skinst, and I also noticed the almost shot for shot adaptation of the panels (then again, that's nothing new for Ultimate), but still, I thought that for the most part, the manga did look better than the OVA, and I somewhat doubt that an HD rip of the episode will change that.

The CG was in fact misplaced in my opinion and didn't go well with the OVA, but I didn't really notice anything wrong with the facial expressions.

DunkyHarwood said:
Gahh, so much immaturity in this episode that it was sometimes hard to watch. Guess that's why so many clicked 'Hated It' for this episode and for this episode only, because I noticed that almost nobody clicked it for any of the other episodes. I really feel like they haven't learned from their past mistakes in the TV series by still having characters try their absolute hardest to act cool and important in every single scene they're in, but of course the OVA takes this to new heights. They truly have turned every single character into a complete joke in this OVA. I mean, is it really necessary to have an overly dramatic speech every other scene? I really hope they tone the drama down in the following episodes, because that was just painful to watch.

Immaturity...wha?

TwEeD said:
Heh for me the highlights of this episode where the Seras Victoria scenes:

I loved her arrival at the scene showcasing her new power, Integra & Anderson instantly understood what it truly meant and what sort of entity has risen. Her expression when telling Anderson she has no fear anymore was epic and had a very "Alucard"-like feeling to it.

The reunion with Alucard was sweet, his eyes were magnificant when he showed he was acknowledging her by calling her by her name instead of "Police Girl", felt like a parent that was truly proud of having it's child complete it's rite of passage into maturity.

Attn Manga spoiler ahead

Seras indeed was a badass this OVA with her new appearance and attitude, and about your spoiler:

On a side note, I'd say my Top 3 OVA's are the 7th, 1st, and 8th, in that order.
VitaXAug 8, 2011 6:16 AM
Aug 7, 2011 6:30 PM

Dec 2010
I'm out of words about this one! Somebody told me that Anderson was going to die in this episode so almost at all the time I was waiting for someone to kill the Priest. And now... I'm not even sure what even happened. Anderson was badass at all the time, and Alucard acknowledged him as an enemy, but then... Wait, what happened again? Anderson didn't really die, did he? More like he became divine monster opposite to Alucard, didn't he?
Aug 8, 2011 2:54 AM

Feb 2008
Baman said:
Finally!
Though I'm a bit disappointed they didn't draw out the fight a bit more. Would have been awesome to see some fancy swordplay between Vlad and Anderson.

True, kinda sucks when Alucard just pulled out his guns.
As for the episode itself, loved it! Really sucks it took so long to be released, but it was definitely worth the wait.
Aug 8, 2011 5:34 AM

Jan 2010
Meritas said:
I'm out of words about this one! Somebody told me that Anderson was going to die in this episode so almost at all the time I was waiting for someone to kill the Priest. And now... I'm not even sure what even happened. Anderson was badass at all the time, and Alucard acknowledged him as an enemy, but then... Wait, what happened again? Anderson didn't really die, did he? More like he became divine monster opposite to Alucard, didn't he?

Best read the manga to see.
Aug 8, 2011 5:43 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Alucard just epic!!!!I hope he didnt die permanently T_T
Aug 8, 2011 5:54 AM
Jun 2008
what happen 0.0" ?

a few episode ago, I saw the priest can regenerate his own body after being destroyed, but now it can't. Did I miss something important? ><
and now the priest get another upgrade.
Aug 8, 2011 6:16 AM

Jan 2010
MorningGlory said:
what happen 0.0" ?

a few episode ago, I saw the priest can regenerate his own body after being destroyed, but now it can't. Did I miss something important? ><
and now the priest get another upgrade.

See this post: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=310191&show=20#msg11252465
Aug 8, 2011 10:21 AM
Aug 2010
Do anybody know when the Blu-ray subbed version will be released on the internet?
can be raw too.
widlokAug 8, 2011 10:26 AM
Aug 8, 2011 11:08 AM

Apr 2009
As soon as someone rip it.
Aug 8, 2011 4:40 PM
May 2011
DarkSageRK said:

"Hellsing.OVA8.2011.DVDRip.XviD-ZoMG.srt"

Thanks for taking our subs and pretending they were a DVD rip. Real classy.

You must be dumb and know nothing about subbing.
Subtitles have the same file name as the video file they're for. Since you couldn't name your "release" properly, I came up with a better name for my video.
Aug 8, 2011 4:49 PM
Jul 2011
Hm, guess I'm in the minority or the long wait just made me jaded but I was kind of disappointed in this episode. The conformation between Alcuard and Anderson felt better in the manga, it seem way too dragged out in the episode.

The animation was still good if you ignore the CG, that was pretty terrible in most parts, but overall they still stayed close to the look of the old OVAs so I was fine with that aspect.

I dunno I think it's the whole wait that made me hostile towards this episode but I went in really excited because I was looking so forward to this section of the manga being animated and got to wait even more for the conclusion.
Aug 9, 2011 12:45 AM

Nov 2007
the cliffhanger is a killer for me now i cant wait for the next one

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Aug 9, 2011 4:03 PM

Oct 2008
absolutely awesome. I giggled with delight the entire episode.
[complicated pictogram] [complicated pictogram] [complicated pictogram] [urinating dog]
Aug 10, 2011 3:05 PM

May 2009
The entire episode was so much win, and I absolutely loved the credits at the end.

edit: Oh, and I must say Alucard looked especially fabulous in this episode.
stAtic91Aug 10, 2011 7:36 PM
Aug 11, 2011 2:58 AM

Jul 2007
Amazing.
Aug 12, 2011 7:10 AM

Feb 2009
Didn't really meet my expectations. *thumbsdown*

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Aug 12, 2011 2:18 PM

Feb 2010
I'm delighted! Seras Victoria became truly wonderful vampire (at last) ! All that madness and bloodshed awwww it was awesome! hehehe xDD

Actually somehow Alucard looks kinda different, or that's just my imagination?

Aug 12, 2011 10:57 PM

Aug 2010
Alucard NOOOO!!! i really want to know what happens next!!! hell when does OVA 9 comes out?? :(

PS. I also wanted to pet Seras :(
Aug 12, 2011 11:20 PM

Apr 2009
badbluesplayer said:
Alucard NOOOO!!! i really want to know what happens next!!! hell when does OVA 9 comes out?? :(

Five-six monthes from here at best. Seven-eight at worst.
Aug 13, 2011 6:33 AM
May 2011
1 year + 2 months at best.
Aug 13, 2011 6:36 AM

Apr 2009
used2likeDTB said:

That's not true at all.
Aug 13, 2011 10:04 AM

Aug 2009
i'm so disappointed in this 8 OVA, im speechless........Dislaiked it BIG TIME !! and all the rest i completely adored !!!
Aug 13, 2011 2:32 PM

Apr 2011
What an awesome episode ... was it worth the two-year wait? I think so! I just hope it's not 2013 till the next one comes out. Anderson was fucking BEAST! He used a Nail off of the Cross in order to turn into some kinda super-monster, which he was already superhuman to begin with. Then they end it in a crazy cliffhanger, Anderson apparently killing Alucard (though you know it's not going down like that). I'm very fond of Anderson so it's a little painful seeing him fight Alucard, no matter how badass both of them are, because I know he won't be able to pull out a victory in Alucard's anime.

This episode was mostly Alucard spamming his 'true form', a huge wave of all the souls he's devoured in his hundreds of years of undeath ... pretty badass and terrifying at that. I liked that he turned back into his Vlad the Impaler appearance at first, but missed if there was any explanation for why he suddenly switched back to his modern outfit.

5/5 ... I hope they're working on the next one already.

EDIT: Thanks for the info Klimat, I hope that's the case and it doesn't get pushed back even further. Still, 5-8 months for another episode is so long to wait X_x
Aug 14, 2011 12:41 PM

Sep 2008
Am I the only one actually disappointed with this episode?

Everything else besides Alucards entrance was mediocre. I love this show, I really do, when I heard ep8 is finally coming out I was out of my mind. Now, I just feel kinda sad to be honest.
CG wasn't on par with previous episodes, even Alucards epic smirk was somewhat lacking. Dunno, maybe I set my expectations too high. Whole battle with Anderson was also disappointing, no suspense whatsoever.

After almost 2 years I expected more, especially having recently rewatched all 7 previous episodes. Seras had way better episode with way better fighting. I won't even go into episode where Alucard fought the girl with the gun aboard that ship. This was nowhere near that level.

This wasn't bad episode, but it also wasn't as good as other HU episodes.

Oh well, waiting for next episode it is...
Aug 14, 2011 8:54 PM

Dec 2007
Klimat said:
used2likeDTB said:

That's not true at all.

It took a year and a half for this episode, So i imagine it will be at least another year for the next.
Aug 14, 2011 10:35 PM

Apr 2009
Renton- said:
Klimat said:
used2likeDTB said:

That's not true at all.

It took a year and a half for this episode, So i imagine it will be at least another year for the next.

READ HERE.
Aug 14, 2011 11:21 PM

Apr 2008
8.83 GBs of Awesome will be going up on my TV tomorrow.
Aug 15, 2011 4:15 AM
Nov 2008
blahrgness said:
8.83 GBs of Awesome will be going up on my TV tomorrow.

It just did on mine. Though I had to install MPC because my usual ZoomPlayer+CCCP combo couldn't play it because of the Hi10p.
I liked it. Especially the Seras meets Alucard part. Master.... Hige? Though there should've been some more dialog there :(.

And i don't think the CG was lacking.
Aug 15, 2011 6:25 AM
Jan 2010
just saw it subbed. cg was a bit over done and there was still some camp but so glad they kept it to a minimum, still plenty bad-ass though. defiantly worth the wait. Anderson/ Alucard battle was as epic as it should have been. Now the wait starts again for 9.
Aug 15, 2011 9:28 AM

Jun 2009
Really liked the awesomeness of the Blue-ray Quality Fighting scenes and Alcurds full power. ^^
Vic Seras have a really cool arm, wonder how (badass) It would look if she's using it :P

Aug 16, 2011 7:11 AM

Dec 2009
The OVA was good but I don,t like the change in studio. It took to long to continue that destroyed the continuity for me since i watched the first 7 in a single week.
Aug 16, 2011 7:13 AM

Apr 2009
bavoshiasb said:
The OVA was good but I don,t like the change in studio. It took to long to continue that destroyed the continuity for me since i watched the first 7 in a single week.

Studio change has nothing to do with the delay.
Aug 16, 2011 8:09 AM
Jun 2010
awesome episode~~~~~

to be honest i expected more from 1.5 years of break but i'm contend with this one. it's really good..

What i really like is it stars all my favourite characters in the series: Alucard vs Alexander Anderson. (and of coz a little of victoria sweetens the episode!)
For some reason i actually like Alexander Anderson more than Alucard...i get really pumped up when he does his trademark "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAmen"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alucard is cool too with his chant which reminds me of unlimited blade works lol!

Apart from the likings, areas that i'd like to see would be the relationship between Alexander Anderson, Maxwell and his sword-wielding + gun-firing Iscariot kids.

"I also wanted to pet Seras :(" +1

the above pretty sums up my thoughts for this episode, i'd say 8.5/10

now i can't wait for episode 9 already...
Aug 16, 2011 4:26 PM

Apr 2007
Just finsihed it. I have a lot of stuff to say, but im drunk and you guys dont care, so lets just say one thing:

Fucking awesome.
Aug 16, 2011 10:22 PM

Apr 2009
Hell yeah, finally seen this one!

Oh crap Anderson just leveled himself up into a total monster to fight another monster. >_< The meet and greet of Integra and Alucard on the open was simple enough but I had goosebumps when they talked face to face. Enrico Maxwell's holy crusade has got to be the shortest Vatican-sanctioned crusade ever. XD Anyway, I liked the imagery of Anderson and the kids at the ED.

I don't read the manga so I don't know what happened to the guy wearing a cap representing Millennium on the three way face off with Anderson and Alucard. Should I assume he's still going to make an appearance on the subsequent episodes seeing he didn't do anything on this one.

I have savored every moment of the entire episode to appease my anxiety's worth several months of waiting and then to endure several more months waiting for episode 9. X-(
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 17, 2011 11:46 AM

Feb 2010
Does any1 knows is Graphinica gonna take care of the 9 and 10 OVA's too? Or there is a possibility that studio is gonna change again?

Aug 17, 2011 11:51 AM

Apr 2009
Kibernetika said:
Does any1 knows is Graphinica gonna take care of the 9 and 10 OVA's too? Or there is a possibility that studio is gonna change again?

Graphinica and Kelmadick will do 9 and 10 according to the official site.
Aug 17, 2011 4:11 PM
Jul 2010
Nothing has changed and the quality is still clearly visible in the last OVA...Loved the rampage Andeson went through and it was a lovely moment to see Vlad, Seras and Integra "together"

Animation was good as always, a good delivery of course...Can't wait for the continuation of Anderson and Alucard's fight and perhaps to see a bit of Seras vs Hans, we will see...

And the DAWN is pretty good too, even though I don't like Walter's voice that much (Love Paku Romi but I don't think her voice fits him that much)
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

153 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 25, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.