Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 4, 2013 8:16 AM

May 2013
Gentlemen , i love war
May 15, 2013 1:41 AM

Jul 2010
God I love Anderson.
Jul 25, 2013 5:08 AM
Jun 2008
There are a couple of gentle and sad piano pieces that were played at certain scenes in each of these two episodes 8 - 9. For e.g., when after Seras Victoria descended to protect Integra in front of the Vatican dudes. I know there are two of them. Didn't find them in the ost but i love them very much. Let me know if you know something about them.
Aug 5, 2013 6:24 AM

Aug 2011
Shit just got real
Aug 6, 2013 1:44 PM
Aug 2013
Hello,
I know this is not about hellsing ultimate OVA VIII but I am just having a question.
Does anybody know if there will be hellsing ultimate OVA XI or further episodes at all.
Would be great if anybody who has information about that could share it with me.

Thanks!

Best regards

Borcki
Aug 7, 2013 11:02 AM

Apr 2009
borcki said:
Does anybody know if there will be hellsing ultimate OVA XI or further episodes at all.

Nope. It is complete.
Aug 10, 2013 7:13 AM

Feb 2013
Alucard in his true form is so OP. He is a prime example of a "one man army".

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Aug 17, 2013 10:33 AM

Nov 2012
[colr=purple]anoter awesome episode XD
damn.. that moment when seras come is really cool I think.. and when alucard came too XD

new shit. oh I mean new skill XD level 0 XD

and what happen with walter? :/
[/color]
Oct 28, 2013 6:46 PM

Jan 2013
I don't even know what to say..
Alucard is dead?It's impossible....he just can't die!!!
The whole episode was epic,the Alucard "soldiers" amazing :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 10, 2013 1:39 PM

Jun 2013
Anderson, you fool! Just like Alucard said; becoming a monster yourself to kill another monster kind of defeats the purpose no?

Great episode though. I wonder if Victoria can make her shadowy arm look like human arm or is it going to flap around all the time now?
Nov 12, 2013 1:56 AM

Oct 2009
Dam Alucard O_O, his entrance was so fucking awesome and when the "3" meet @_@!
Wait he's not dead, is he? O>O!!

Anderson!! I don't like that he turned into a monster, he was badass enough before :<!
Nov 16, 2013 8:14 PM

May 2013
I was waiting for some Alucard action ;D
Bout time! Huehuehue

and I didn't recognize Victoria at first when she came to protect Integra, haha. I thought she was Schrodinger xP Loving her new red eyes <3
Dec 4, 2013 6:50 PM

May 2012
OH WOW! That was just WOW! Really amazing, almost no words to describe the epicness of this episode and especially that ending! Did he really die or what's up with that? But damn this sure is awesome development!
Dec 8, 2013 2:12 AM

Feb 2010
I REJECT MY HUMANITY, ALUCARD!!!
Apr 4, 2014 2:22 PM

Oct 2013
AHHH THIS WAS THE BEST OVA SO FAR,I LOVE ALUCARD!!!

Apr 24, 2014 9:29 PM

Mar 2014
Why did Alucard have a beard at one point and then suddenly became all clean-shaven after he started fighting? :/
::End of Transmission::

Apr 25, 2014 12:51 AM

Apr 2009
vigorousjammer said:
Why did Alucard have a beard at one point and then suddenly became all clean-shaven after he started fighting? :/

So getting extra pairs of hands for a couple of minutes in episode 4 was ok and completely understandable, but an extra beard is too much =)?
Alucard can shift his physical form as he wants, which includes clothes, visual age, height, etc., etc. Giving her Seal 0 release order, Integra also told Alucard to show everyone who he really is, so for a moment Alucard took his 45 years old Vlad III the Impaler look for everyone to see. Later he turned back to his usual Alucard look.
Jul 10, 2014 12:41 AM

Sep 2013
ooooh so alucard is dracula backwards, he said it in the original series that his name was an anagram, an anagram of what? of dracula, obv

i love anderson, he has all the saw, scream amen for the win

Jul 13, 2014 11:47 PM

Jun 2014
who does Anderson remind Alucard of when he says "he reminds me so much...so much of those men." I wanted to say the three (four) musketeers, but I'm not exactly sure. Any one have any ideas.
Jul 14, 2014 9:58 AM

Apr 2009
DarkOmniscient said:
who does Anderson remind Alucard of when he says "he reminds me so much...so much of those men." I wanted to say the three (four) musketeers, but I'm not exactly sure. Any one have any ideas.

People who fought Dracula in Bram Stoker's novel that Hellsing is based on: Abraham Van Helsing, Quincey Morris, Arthur Holmwood, John Seward and Jonathan Harker.
Jul 14, 2014 8:50 PM

Jun 2014
Klimat said:
DarkOmniscient said:

People who fought Dracula in Bram Stoker's novel that Hellsing is based on: Abraham Van Helsing, Quincey Morris, Arthur Holmwood, John Seward and Jonathan Harker.

Ah okay that makes sense, lol. More so than the three musketeers. Thank you for clarification!
Jul 27, 2014 6:40 AM

Aug 2013
That was a great episode but episode 7 is still fresh on my mind so that kind of diluted it haha. Alucard with a moustache? Do want. His speech about not wanting Anderson to give up his humanity actually touched me (well a bit). Seems like he actually cares, I mean he couldn't have said all of that because he was scared, could he? This is Alucard we're talking about :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 7, 2014 12:34 AM
Jun 2013
oh noes butler brainwashed. Also it must really suck to be a civilian at this moment. I dont get how now shes a vampire. I mean didint she drink before? Also that red shirt is bothering me cause it doesint make sense. I guess alucard can use the powers and bodies of those he kills....dam hes OP. wow anderson didint like what he did but the dude done F upped and now dies alone. Its nice to see seras character didint do a full 180. Shes still the same just more powerful. wow alucard handing down some sad wisdom. I mean he even admits though hes super powerful hes actually very weak. He really wants to be killed by a human. Yea alucard aint dead though its kinda sad to see anderson to become nothing but a mindless monster.
Nov 9, 2014 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
ABOUT FREAKING TIME ALUCARD!!!!!!

And he did not disappoint. He laid waste to everyone!
Nov 9, 2014 12:16 PM

Apr 2011
Just re-watched it on Toonami ... I'm glad it's airing week to week because the OVAs took so long to release the first time around, I'd all but forgotten the previous episode by the time the next one came out.

Anderson is such a fucking badass ... I think this episode was what convinced me to add him to my 'Favorite Characters' list. He even gets his own ED, showing what a badass he is. Too bad there's still 2 more episodes to go, so clearly Alucard isn't going to die ... at least, not yet. What happened to the Nazi, anyway? It started out as a 3-way fight, then it quickly turned into Anderson vs Alucard (and Alucard's army of the dead). Loved the transformation after driving the nail into his heart, and the simultaneous decapitations. This is truly one of the greatest rivalries in all of anime.

5/5, so much awesome.
Dec 20, 2014 2:15 AM
Sep 2013
The scene with Alucard release his army was epic
Dec 29, 2014 5:29 PM

Apr 2014
Arucard is pretty much a babe
Jan 1, 2015 3:16 PM

Jun 2014
The mayor pretending to be the conductor of the orchestra

Jan 25, 2015 6:23 PM
Mar 2009
Oh shit, that was Walter, though he looks younger. Wonder what that Nazi officer did to him. And for that matter, where the hell did he go after their little 3-way fight? The Reconquista and Nazi vampires just happened to stop killing each other to focus on Alucard? Lolwut.

It's pretty cool they showed Alucard as Vlad the Impaler for a bit. And nice touch on showing how he impaled all his enemies, bravo to detail right there. Also liked how Crispin Freeman added that accent, though it kind of sounded more Spanish to me.

So Alucard is able to muster up the souls of everyone he's consumed. No wonder he's fucking invincible, he's got endless fuel to burn. Pretty cool to see he was even able to use their powers in life.

He seemed genuinely sad when Anderson decided to impale himself with Helena's Nail. Does he want to die? And why at the hands of a regular old human?

So glad I DVR'ed this from Toonami. The cliffhanger at the end would have killed me if I had to wait half a damn year between episodes.
Feb 24, 2015 1:29 PM
Jul 2014
I liked it! Very, very much so...Did you notice-at the final shoot down Anderson made a christian cross with swords but Alucard did just the opposite-his gun-made cross was upside down-like Antichrist or satanistic or something... He he, go Alucard! Is he really dead now?! I mean dead dead? RIP Alucard! Make a even bigger return :)
jakovFeb 28, 2015 4:20 PM
Mar 29, 2015 2:13 PM

Apr 2013
What the hell did Anderson do? Odd shit's happening in this episode, Alucard has too many lives to die like that.
Aug 2, 2015 9:42 PM

Dec 2013
I'm getting impatient to see that blonde piece of shit get his ass handed to him!!! Aaaaargh

sigh... why does the final battle with Anderson have to be now! =(. In my perfect world Anderson and Alucard would team up until all Nazis vampire's and associates are dead.

I'm glad to see that crazy bishop was stopped + I totally did not expect an army to emerge from Alucard or I guess we can all say it now Dracula.

I still wonder how in the world did Hellsing tame Dracula?!
Love and Peace!!!
Oct 29, 2015 12:06 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
amazing ep

Feb 13, 2016 9:06 PM

Sep 2015
Is it just me or did the art/animation style take a massive drop compared with the previous OVAs
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier
Feb 17, 2016 6:30 AM

Apr 2009
OnTheShore said:
Is it just me or did the art/animation style take a massive drop compared with the previous OVAs

There is indeed a drop.
They did a studio switch after 7, also 8 has huge CGI armies clashing, which I believe took a significant part of the production budget, so they had to cut some corners in other places to balance things up.
Animation gets better with 9 and 10.
May 19, 2016 3:53 PM

Dec 2015
The older version of Alucard with swords, looks really awesome. I wish they would show him in that form more often.
Jul 28, 2016 4:34 PM
Feb 2016
Foremost, i just wanted to share that after this episode I am officially dropping the series.

Although the series does has its moments, the scenes in between just feels lackluster and painstakingly purposeless in comparison. The rants go on too long , stuffed with pointless scenes and flat characters (all but Seras, the Captain and Alucard). There is little incentive for me to want to learn more about Ingrid an d the world because it feels like it'd just follow the trope of an independent women shaped by their dark past.

If there was a compacted version of this series, i'd be glad to watch it. I might even read the manga if some time, but the anime itself is poorly executed for my taste. If i wanted clips packed with gore and action i could just watch promo videos on Youtube except in this case, i have to endure through 40 minutes worth of filler to get to the good stuff.

I tried to watch it and appreciate it for what it has to offer but i found myself dozing off more times than not.

Hellsing Ultimate gets a 7/10 for me, based mostly on enjoyment value- and that's being generous.
Jul 29, 2016 1:13 AM

Jan 2016
Alucard was cool but goddammit Anderson OWND this episode.
Aug 2, 2016 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
Boom, there goes my jaw to the floor. From what I can tell, Alucard respects humans and their mortal struggle. He had admiration for Anderson's valor and rather than fear, he seemed distraught by Anderson's decision to become a monster. It sort of put it into perspective when he mentioned that becoming a higher being would draw their battle out into the afterlife.

I wasn't too fond of Anderson but he's definitely proven himself this episode.
Aug 6, 2016 10:34 PM

Jul 2009
After 3 years of hiatus and actually waiting for the Eng dub. I'm not able to catch up! Despite having the English BD for almost 2 years now(2014-2016) finally I'm at the last episode.

Let's see how this will end!!! 2 years of waiting. 4 years in total since the JPN came out. Let's do this!!!

SomaHeir said:
such a beast episode!!!!!

the animation was grand!!!!!!

now this is what a blu ray video should look like!!!!

the fight scenes are fucking amazing!!!!

Alucard releasing his true power and devouring both the Crusaders and The Last Battalion is truly a delightful sight!

poor Enrico Maxwell having to die by a bunch of undead corpses.

maybe if you have listen to God and Anderson you wouldn't have ended like this.

so Alucard is Dracula himself :D

definitely need to read the manga and all!

even Sera's is scared of Alucard's true form XD

the fight between Alucard and Anderson is amazing!!!

i love how despite Alucard trying to fend Anderson to his minions Anderson never gave up and charge head on!

even took a beating on his arm, and the lad keeps going!

he's a fucking warrior and better take some notes Luke Valentine!

it's a good thing the Iscariot didn't back down either!!!!

so the so called part of Shroud of Turin turns you into one of God's monsters?

i was actually surprised Alucard felt sorry for him, i guess he only wanted Humans themselves to defeat him and not one of his own.

and what was the flashback between the him and a 3 other men in a grass field.

Alucard even mentioned how Anderson reminded of him

definitely need to read the manga!!!!

so Anderson has completely gone berserk and is ready to take on Alucard!

since the Eng DUB release date for both IX and X as well as all the Dawn episodes in August 2013.

i wonder if i should wait that long or watched it on JPN dub?

either way can't wait for the last two episodes.

Walter gone to the Major Side, Sera's in vampire form, Integra pissed and will go head to head with Major.

and Anderson vs Alucard the Finale!!!!!!
Aug 30, 2016 1:44 AM

Dec 2013
Alucard's true form was pretty badass!

Anderson was awesome this episode. I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of their fight.
Nov 3, 2016 1:06 PM

Jun 2015
It was worth waiting for Alucard
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 20, 2016 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
Holy F! ... what an entry by Alucard.
Even though I'm a man, I gotta say Alucard looks really sexy in his unleashed form.

Can't believe Anderson went as far as he did to defeat Alucard ... I wonder if Alucard is actually dead now ... Seras might become the new Alucard in town now, let's see if she'll be as strong as him in 500 to 1000 years.

The facedown between Alucard and Anderson was a magnificent view, gotta respect both of them.
Nov 29, 2016 2:41 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bloody battle, with nice ends of episode...Alucard never died!!!
Jan 11, 2017 3:30 PM

Dec 2016
Damn, Anderson just became the ultimate divine weapon. And for that.. AMEN!!!
Jan 21, 2017 5:23 PM

May 2015
Glad that Maxwell go down the drain as Anderson implied in their talk, he strayed from the path... now if only The Major can have an agonizing death as well...

Kurosane said:
Did Walter turned into a vampire now?
I think he is one now... the real question is, can he be turned back to his old self/human form? I doubt it. He probably would feel guilty for betraying the Hellsing organization and his master Integra (unintentionally) I think he may be try to sacrifice himself for his redemption even though I think Integra would say it was not his fault...
Mar 3, 2017 10:59 AM

May 2016
I hope that Arucard will be alright.
Nov 2, 2017 4:56 PM

Dec 2016
It just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it.
"Only the 'results'! This world only remembers the 'results'!!"
-Diavolo
Feb 25, 2018 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
Wow that was awesome.
Alucard getting into beast-mode was fucking badass.
Anderson was really cool too.
Wonder what's gonna happen next
May 20, 2019 11:16 PM

Jul 2016
This Anime is so stupid and funny to the point where a fandub would be unnecessary at all.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.