MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Do you like on-going manga or do you prefer to wait till it finish?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Do you like on-going manga or do you prefer to wait till it finish?

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
07-29-11, 4:27 PM

anaaga said:
Complete manga, so I don't have to get mad every time the chapter ends with a cliffhanger.
I do read ongoing manga, but I choose carefully which one I read. I make sure it's being updated regularly, or the plot is good. Because if the plot turns bad, I have no choice to continue reading it no matter what since I don't like to drop manga unless it's really really bad later on *coughBleachcoughAirGear*

^agreeing on this xD

I used to add many on going but then started getting bored with the once-every-blue-moon releases so now to add a new one , it takes a lot of thinking ! But if they update regurarly , I don't mind waiting for the next chapter C:
(I should rly catch up to Air Gear but I find it so crap still that I don't get motivated 8D)

07-29-11, 4:42 PM

Unless I can pre-order the future volumes in English, I try to avoid starting unfinished series. I refuse to read only one chapter every week-month and I usually lose interest in on-going series, or forget what's happened--meaning I eventually need to re-read everything.

07-30-11, 8:28 PM
Manga Moderator
I wish I could only read finished series. It would be so much easier for me to handle and deal with. But for some reason, I end up reading ongoing ones all the time.

I actually kind of suck and have tendency to put completed series on the back burner. It does usually start like that - I just stop reading them while they're publishing and then once they're complete I end up not getting around to them very quickly. :/

07-31-11, 10:53 AM

I prefer it to be completed when I start it.... then again 90% of the manga's I'm reading are On-going and I have to wait either a a week or a month for some to release :/ and a few on Hiatus D:

08-04-11, 12:42 AM

I like to catch up no matter what. Most of the ones I read are the long on-going ones.

08-04-11, 12:54 AM

I guess everyone likes to start reading a completed manga, including me XD some ongoing manga are really great though so I'd say it worths the wait : )

08-06-11, 6:56 AM
DB Administrator
I always prefer complete series. There are MANY on-going series that I'm interested in, but I try to resist and not to start too many of them... it's hard to manage reading so many different series, especially when chapters/volumes aren't released regularly.

08-07-11, 5:28 AM

Completed manga--with on-going manga, I always forget what had happened in the previous chapters, so the story is less powerful for me.

08-07-11, 7:23 AM
Manga Moderator
I prefer on-going series. There's rarely any discussion value over a series that's already been completed over ones that release weekly.

08-07-11, 7:40 AM

Depends on if weekly releases or monthly, I regret reading KWMS. But the story was soooooo good.

08-07-11, 10:07 AM

As long as the on-going manga is being released regularly, I'll read it if it seems interesting.

08-07-11, 10:15 AM

So far I'm only reading Pandora Hearts, which is still ongoing. That's it at the moment.

08-07-11, 10:20 AM

I'm reading GE - Good Ending and Claymore ongoing. The suspense and wait is bearable to me, though I can't say the same for some of my friends ^^;

08-07-11, 3:28 PM

Completed manga. I hate waiting for new chapters to come out, especially when things become so interesting and compelling. I'm looking at you Gantz, and Naruto.

08-07-11, 7:33 PM

I definitely prefer to read completed series (usually short ones, at that). The only ongoing title I've ever followed was 'Parasyte' when it was in MixxZine, but hardly any stores carried it and my parents wouldn't get me a subscription, so I fell behind on too many chapters to enjoy it. Also, the only manga I read online is bara (which I would much rather read in print anyway -- if only!).
... and EAT IT !!

08-07-11, 7:43 PM

If I can go buy a physical volume of it in English (or buy it online, seeing the way Borders is going), then I honestly prefer a complete series. Or maybe near complete series, that's works too. Sure, I am collecting several ongoing series, but I think that all of the series I'm currently collecting are finished in Japan (except for Blue Exorcist, Bride's Story, Wandering Son, Ooku, maybe a couple of others here and there), at least then I know what length to expect at the end of the day, right?

If I'm following scans, I'd prefer for there to be like 1 or 2 volumes out before I start, just cus then it'll give me enough to help me determine if I like it in the first place, but then I'm good with ongoing. I dislike reading manga on my small laptop screen and prefer to read it in small chunks, so ongoing works well for me.

08-08-11, 10:26 AM

I really like both.
I mean, it's good when you have free time and you find a new amazing series that you can read all at once. It gives me a sense of.. accomplishment, happiness, something like this, even greater than when I finally finish one series I've been reading for 2~3 years ( or more ). I think it's probably because reading a series for such a long time, you just can't avoid missing it.
But I also like to have those few new chapters to read throughout the week. Especially and I have a hard day.

08-08-11, 3:20 PM

i prefer when its already finish so i can just lie on my bed reading that bad boy till i get fed up and drop it lol

08-08-11, 6:09 PM

either is fine with me...although it does suck to get into on then have to stop reading bc the next chapter isnt out yet

most ongoing ones i wait a couple months then read all i missed in a weekend
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/GregRocks&sclick=1">[img]http://myanimelist.net/signature/GregRocks.png" border="0[/img]

"Gravity is just a myth. Jon Fitch is holding everything down. He's like the opposite of Atlas, he's got the world under his shoulder."

08-09-11, 3:45 AM

Depends if it's good enough to warrant me clinging on to next chapter. I prefer reading manga in big goes, generally.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices