Forum Settings
Forums
5 Centimeters per Second
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2011 6:47 AM
Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
awhe, it ended just like the movie..
wish there was more, well there was.. but more..
end was cute, but still wish they ended up together..
sigh.. still sad..
tag©.androgynous
Jul 27, 2011 7:23 AM

May 2011
Loved it.

One more to come, can't wait to see what's going to happen there.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jul 27, 2011 7:24 AM

Mar 2008
This is where the movie ends. Can't wait for the next chapter. I wonder what it will cover...
Jul 27, 2011 9:44 AM
Jul 2009
I picked up the mango today out of curiosity from the title. I must say that it was a lovely read indeed. However, the ending was disappointing in a way/ or you could say in a depressing way. She got married to a character that wasn't even introduced. And somehow the Takaki and Akari are living in the same town? ...
Jul 27, 2011 11:11 AM
Jun 2011
there's still 1 more chapter to go. i wish they would've ended up together. you could not believe how much i was crying through out this whole manga. i don't even want to watch the movie anymore. it's depressing but still very lovely.
Jul 27, 2011 6:53 PM

Mar 2011
Grr same ending as the movie :/
I still liked the series though.
I wonder how Akari & Takaki ended up living in the same town...? Weird.
Well one more chapter to go, wonder how this series will wrap up?
Looking forward to chapter 11, the final chapter.

Jul 27, 2011 8:06 PM

Jun 2011
cant wait for the next chapter! ^_^
did he really not see her after the train passed?
Jul 29, 2011 2:45 PM

Jan 2011
This felt like the last chapter, but i wonder what the next chapter might have in store?
I'm glad Takaki didn't run after Takari, instead he kept moving forward. It's nice how they see each other again in the town where they first met as little kids. Fate!?
Aug 1, 2011 6:48 AM

Aug 2010
elliston said:
there's still 1 more chapter to go. i wish they would've ended up together. you could not believe how much i was crying through out this whole manga. i don't even want to watch the movie anymore. it's depressing but still very lovely.
I absolutely recommend the movie to everyone sappy enough to watch it. Now that you've read the manga, I recommend you should not watch the movie. The movie is a masterpiece but from what I've seen, the manga is quite faithful to it and it explains some of the things left out in the movie. Only four animes made me emotional enough to shed manly tears and this was one of them. Still, the two of them could not end together, since Akari is engaged :|
captainandrew said:
cant wait for the next chapter! ^_^
did he really not see her after the train passed?
I think she hid herself. My belief remains that she does the same in the movie.
Arcanus said:
This is where the movie ends. Can't wait for the next chapter. I wonder what it will cover...
^This. I think it will be a monologue by Takaki though.
Aug 3, 2011 12:43 AM

Mar 2009
It's alright.. one more chapter.
Aug 8, 2011 8:23 PM

Jun 2009
Llght said:
I picked up the mango today out of curiosity from the title. I must say that it was a lovely read indeed. However, the ending was disappointing in a way/ or you could say in a depressing way. She got married to a character that wasn't even introduced. And somehow the Takaki and Akari are living in the same town? ...
Dude if you watched it 1st before reading, then you'll get disappointed, I mean the movie was I think 2009.. (I've already moved on) so expecting this manga to be a little okay now
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 4, 2013 12:46 PM

Sep 2012
I just wished they talked.
It would be more of a fitting resolution (assuming the end result is the same).

I mean... just walking off like that. If she did recognize him, then it was a bit bitchy thing to do.
If you ran across an old childhood friend, would you ignore him?
You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!
Apr 27, 2013 3:31 AM

Jan 2013
If there is (in fact, I know there is) a deeper meaning behind the actions of the two at the end, than it grazed my head and flew past it.

Maybe it's my sense of logic... or maybe that I can at least some what connect because I moved a lot as a child as well...

But there's just no God damn good reason to at least not turn around and acknowledge each other's existence. I'm sorry, but that's just how I see it. Was it symbolic? Absolutely. I get it. That's what it was aiming for. I might not "get it" in the sense that I didn't fully comprehend the message, but I know enough to know that it was suppose to be symbolic through action, and that particular action just happened to be dumb.

TrashMan said:
I just wished they talked.
It would be more of a fitting resolution (assuming the end result is the same).

I mean... just walking off like that. If she did recognize him, then it was a bit bitchy thing to do.
If you ran across an old childhood friend, would you ignore him?

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING.

It's just very irksome. Would it really have changed the impact of the end result (them not being together) if they contacted each other? Would it suddenly go from, "Oh, how bittersweet" to "meh, suddenly it's not so deep"? No, the message would have still been sent to the audience, but the resolution would have felt more relieving to know that the protagonist can finally be at ease.
Jul 6, 2013 8:42 PM
Jul 2018

Same end as the movie. :(
Wish that they talked.
Sep 20, 2013 8:35 AM

Feb 2013
why just why didnt she turn around? why !!! i mean it feels weird inside
i mean didnt she say smth like it will be better? or was it his imagination?
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Aug 23, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2014
Mhmm.. Nice one.. Can't wait to see the last chapter!!
Jul 7, 2015 10:19 AM

Feb 2013
Sep 12, 2015 6:43 AM

Apr 2009
Much better than the movie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2019 4:01 AM

Feb 2019
Quite faithful to the movie, and no less heartbreaking. I was expecting it to have a slightly different ending, such as Akari being there too, smiling, Takaki smiling back, and then they part ways. The little Akari waving goodbye at Takaki was a nice touch though. It felt like Takaki had finally let go of his love for Akari, represented by the little girl he first met now finally saying goodbye to him. Even though Akari hasn't met him in years, it seems she still has lingering feelings and still wishes and hopes for Takaki to be strong and happy.
Mar 26, 2020 3:02 AM

Aug 2018
Wow that was nice, lets see the f,nal ch.
May 10, 2020 9:27 AM

Mar 2020
just like the movie, wish they had talked or even looked at each other after the train has passed. Well, let's see what's in the last chapter.
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Dec 30, 2020 3:29 AM
Jul 2020
This chapter was really nice, Takaki has started moving forward even if it’s just a little. And it’s nice that Akari and Takaki met in the town they grew up in, it really made for a beautiful ending even if there’s one chapter left.
May 23, 2021 1:47 PM
May 2021
According to me if love is true and sincere and from deep inside your heart,no body can separate you,even they separated by distance and time they will search each other and meet again and live together,I'm saying this because I have seen some real life situations of lovers where distance and time can't make them separate,i will tell a real story of one of those it about a childhood friends of boy and girl,they were very close in childhood,but due to some circumstances they separated,and then theymeet again after 10 years,and all those years threy never dated anyone,both of them,the boy is a former pilot and girl is a teacher now,its a real story guys,I also know their names but I can't mention it here,the boy said he always loves that he only loves that girl I'm his life,he only waited for her and the times comes they will be together,and the girl feeling also mutual,now they are living happily together,they have their own private school,they both are now teachers,its a real story I'm again saying.I also know some other real life stories
So 5 cm per sec is just a fictional story and just the authors imagination,its true that due to distance and time some lovers or friends drift apart but as in this story shows the ta kaki dated another girls and akari is engaged,it shows that if ta kaki loves akari that much then why he dated another girls in first place it means his love is not true and sincere,he should have gone find akari without regrating all these years,he came to Tokyo after 5 years he last seen askari,he should gone then to find akari,and from side also shows in manga and novel she still loves takaki and in highschool she always thought of him,she should also try to get in touch with takaki,so its not possible that boy longing for akari having other girlfriends,its just imaginary, but I have to say the lesson the tried to give is that distance and time make people apart is true,but the feelings will also fade in the same time,so in the story as they said ta kaki longing for akari is not true and imaginary.
I believe that if love is true nothing can make us apart,and the above real life story i said is also in 90s only where they don't have phones, they are married now for 15 years already.

More topics from this board

» Ending of manga vs anime?

R_TF - Jun 18, 2016

25 by hoangviet81193 »»
Nov 19, 2023 2:43 AM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter Chapter 6 Discussion

Zinvy - Jul 11, 2011

13 by ku_po_po »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:22 PM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter Chapter 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JK - Aug 1, 2011

59 by Euroqean »»
Oct 14, 2023 8:24 PM

» Can I read this first?

removed-user - Mar 2, 2021

1 by AnzaiJiro »»
Sep 17, 2021 2:48 PM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter Chapter 8 Discussion

Personas - Jul 18, 2011

14 by outolunch »»
May 10, 2020 9:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.