Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2012 2:27 PM
Dec 2010
Zhou said:
Did anyone notice what Okabe said at the beginning was strange, Mayuri died in the newest world line on the 14th, he went back to the day before and said to Kurisu Mayuri would die in two hours? I was super confused.

You're right, it shows wrong time. It should be 14th. After talk with Kurisu he goes back to the 13th.
Apr 9, 2012 9:58 AM

Dec 2007
I was right about Feyris doing something to save her dad. Yeah, I also think it was probably Moeka's dmail that removed the IBN. It really is Okabe's fault since he let random people send dmails without knowing them for that long.
Apr 10, 2012 2:45 PM

Mar 2011
Feyris is awesome. That is all.
Apr 16, 2012 10:37 PM

Sep 2011
sadhana said:
insan3soldiern said:
sadhana said:
I can NEVER I mean NEVER accept what happened. Letting your dad die knowingly, I mean how ungreatful is that?
Saving a friend is fine, but alowing your father 2 die for it?

You do hav the right to sacrifice ur own life 2 save someone, but no one has the right 2 sacrifice somebody else's life 2 save someone.
Especially not ur parents, even if u were the one to actually bring them back from dead..
Feyris must be ashamed!

I swear...Feyris never had the right to bring her own father back from the dead and this also had the indirect effect of killing Mayuri. But, by your logic, that's all find and dandy because she's just a "friend". It's incredibly obvious how difficult this was for Feyris, yet you make it sound as though she didn't think it over and didn't hesitate. Which she did.

I think the message this series is trying to get across is that you shouldn't play god. Scenes such as when Okabe was on the roof earlier in the series and is watching everyone else enjoy themselves while he had been through the exact same circumstance right before...it sort of cheapens the experience you know? Good or bad.

If thats the case then Okabe didn't hav the right to save Makse Kurisu in the begining. Also I don't think Okabe would hav minded in the least bit about playing god a hundred times if it meant he could save mayuri.
But anyway we all hav our own opinions. And I do respect yours. But this is wat I think. Let's not argue over it.

What you mean to save "Makise Kurisu in the beginning," he didn't save her. He did it unknowingly..when he sent a text to his research buddie. This is when he first feels the "Events" of past changing. If you aren't regarding to episode 1 then I apologize, but this is the only knowledge I know of right now where Makise was in danger.
Apr 18, 2012 4:03 PM

Oct 2009
Wow seriously??!?! Mayuri's life has only been extended by one day after allll that??? O_O

Poor Feyris!! That was clearly a very difficult decision!! I'm glad she retained her memory, and Akabe's becoming quite the stud isn't he? haha
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
May 14, 2012 12:59 AM

Jul 2009
Im confused.. how Feyris remembered about the D-Mail?, I thought that the only who could keep with their memories was Okabe.
Can someone answer me please.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2012 1:33 PM

Mar 2012
SwordWielder said:
I'm pretty sure Moeka's d-mail is the key

I think so too.

I feel bad for Feyris. No doubt a painful decision to make. Losing her father again was hard for her to bear. The divergence number increased a bit though so again, progress was made.
Jun 28, 2012 5:33 PM
Feb 2012
Ok, so it's getting to the point where I'm crying at every episode. Amazing anime 10/10
Jun 29, 2012 4:02 AM

Mar 2009
A little emo but it turned out easier than I expected.
Jul 1, 2012 3:11 PM

Mar 2010
Yeah everything turned out fairly fast.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 23, 2012 8:55 AM

May 2012
I knew it from the second she didn't want to show the txt and after that her dad appeared!

Though strange does she really remembered ?
Jul 29, 2012 5:09 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, I wonder if she really remembered.
Next episode will be about Ruka, I guess it'll be really tricky to undo that mail.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 2, 2012 6:43 AM

Aug 2011
Feyris' d-mail was shocking, her choice of having to save only one person was almost too much to ask of her. Glad her time with her father wasn't in vein as he still retains her memories from the previous world line, I wonder why though.
Aug 3, 2012 9:04 PM

May 2008
Wait how did Feyris remember about something that happened in an alternate time line?

Also they're turning Ruka back into a guy next episode?

Aug 14, 2012 1:28 PM

Nov 2009
MagEarwhig said:
Wait how did Feyris remember about something that happened in an alternate time line?

Also they're turning Ruka back into a guy next episode?

I don't think she remembered, even before the time line changed she and kyouma (okabe) would always be joking about fighting "the organization" though I'm not sure why he had her phone. Also turning back Ruka into a guy seemed kind of obvious since they have to undo EVERY D-Mail.
Aug 18, 2012 10:41 PM

Aug 2012
Feyris ... So sad story. But I'm so glad she kept her memories. I'd like a Okabe X Feyris romance lol

Aug 30, 2012 12:48 PM

Dec 2007
How can Faris keep the memories?

Also, why the hell Okabe don't d-mail himself saying something like "Don't let anyone other than yourself to d-mail"? Much easier than undoing the three d-mails. Kind of a plot-hole, for me. But well, nothing's perfect, especially with shows about time travel.
taterheadAug 30, 2012 1:21 PM
Aug 30, 2012 2:36 PM

Aug 2012
taterhead said:
How can Faris keep the memories?

Also, why the hell Okabe don't d-mail himself saying something like "Don't let anyone other than yourself to d-mail"? Much easier than undoing the three d-mails. Kind of a plot-hole, for me. But well, nothing's perfect, especially with shows about time travel.

Mmm not really they explicately said that more d-mails sent = more trouble. Never heard of the butterfly effect? For something seemingly small you get large consequences (chain reaction), and we saw it here with Fayris' D-mail.

Aug 30, 2012 5:06 PM
Dec 2010
taterhead said:

He can't do that because the D-mails were never sent in the current world line.
Aug 30, 2012 6:09 PM

Dec 2007
xizor said:
taterhead said:

Oh, so derp of me. I forgot about that. Thank you.
Aug 31, 2012 5:40 AM

Aug 2012
xizor said:
taterhead said:

Not really the reason. The D-Mails sent are in fact sent to the past of their current timeline. The only problem is... Each time they send one, unforeseen consequences appear. And make the time line change a bit. Or so I recall. Anyway, if they send more it'd be unmanageable afterwards.

Aug 31, 2012 8:01 AM
Dec 2010
Hyunckel said:
xizor said:

Not really the reason.

What? Why?
Sep 3, 2012 4:25 AM

Jul 2012
Feyris is really noble, being willing to give up her present life with her father just for an attempt to save Mayuri.

Hope all goes well and Mayuri survives eventually. I don't think i can take it if i have to witness another death from her T_T
Sep 4, 2012 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
Aw Feyris :'(

Good episode.
Sep 10, 2012 9:45 AM

Jun 2012
I really liked Feyris after this episode, Okabe has his own little harem going on now.
Sep 25, 2012 6:29 PM

Jun 2011
Such a sad episode. I feel so bad for Feyris. It's a good thing she can remember, too, other wise it would have been too awful.
Nov 20, 2012 8:27 PM

Feb 2012
So next episode the girl-boy-girl will become a boy again, or something??
Dec 21, 2012 1:23 PM

May 2012
Ehh, i would've liked this episode a lot more if actually mattered in the end. It really doesn't change anything since the IBN is still lost.

Also, how can Okabe send D-mails to OTHER timelines? Wouldn't it just be send back to Faris-chan in their current timeline where it wouldn't do anything? Or did the NEW D-mail actually say something like "Dont give into the kidnappers" thus making an entirely new timeline?

I still dont get how her father's death turns the city into a Moe hotspot. What's the trigger?

I guess Faris-chan is special too since she retains her memories from the other timelines. I'll have to go back and watch the anime again and see if she acts differently after each D-mail.

Like someone else said, why doesn't Okabe just send a D-Mail to himself (right after the Microwave Phone is finished) saying he shouldn't D-Mail at all since it causes more problems?

I hope they're not gonna drag on the search for the missing IBN for more than the next episode, because otherwise it would get tedious.
who_dat_ninjaDec 21, 2012 1:47 PM
Dec 27, 2012 7:47 PM

Apr 2012
Man I'd hate to be Okabe, having several differing memories. That would be very confusing, I guess at the end he really will be a mad scientist.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Jan 6, 2013 6:25 PM

Jun 2012
Jan 20, 2013 3:22 AM

Jan 2012
I never liked Feyris, but she earned my respect in this episode. She did what had to be done. I really enjoyed this episode.

Feb 2, 2013 6:04 PM

Apr 2009
Fucking garbage anime. If the girl was going to die why would he stay in the apartment? And how did he escape the raid? Piece of overrated shit.
Feb 10, 2013 5:51 PM
Jul 2012
Ehhhhh ok episode.
Liked the music. What is the song called when feryis was talking to okabe, and after the dmail scene? I need to know what it is!
So 3 more d-mails to go? Until the timeline is back to go.
important past but no so good character.
3/5
Feb 10, 2013 5:53 PM
Jul 2012
Leon-Gun said:
AirStyles said:
Onii said:
At least Feyris remembers.

I can see where all of this is going now though.

Also, what's up with this?
Notice how it says "2011" when this show takes place in 2010. This is obviously a mistake, right?
This was the scene where Okabe was supposed to send his mind back, but apparently it went to the future because it stops at 2011.

I noticed that too ^_^

But I ignored it.

anyways, if he kept turning back all the D-mail... wouldn't Kurisu die instead?
Nyahaha. Wouldn't that piss off the Christina fanboys. xD

Saw it.
Mar 6, 2013 12:21 AM
Dec 2012
Poor Okarin..
And about the other D-mails, they will remember too?
So painful T_________T
Apr 2, 2013 3:08 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So basically what Okabe is doing is reversing the D-Mails sent right? Well if that's the case wouldn't Kirisu die instead. Perhaps if Okabe manages to find the IBN then maybe he can save Mayuri's and Kirisu's life. As for Feyris she earned my respect because the choice to save a friend over her dad was very difficult. Hopefully Okabe manages to find the IBN in the next 1-2 episodes because seeing Mayuri die is just too much especially in the opening minutes of this episode. Like really we just got through episode 16 where Mayuri wasn't killed, and then it picks back up on her dying.

Apr 9, 2013 5:21 PM

Jan 2012
This episode was definately a good one

May 14, 2013 4:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Rewatching this I wonder if they explain how it is that Feyris can remember things from another world line?

Okabe is quite popular with the ladies.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 18, 2013 6:15 PM

Mar 2009
Powerful episode. What an incredible sacrifice Faris made...would love to know what happened to the IBM.
Jun 5, 2013 4:58 AM

Oct 2009
nyan :/!
Jun 26, 2013 9:26 AM

Feb 2013
Aww it's nice that Feyris remembered her time with her dad on the other world line!
Jul 1, 2013 11:00 AM
Jun 2013
This is the first time somethings bothered me about this show. Why does Okabe have to back trace each and every Dmail? and especially learning the original contents. Surely sending one to just before they send the first saying 'send no more Dmails, it will ruin time' or something would be simpler? as then all Dmails would never have been sent and time shifts back to its original line

Also, how does Feyris remember any of the previous world line? The logic in allowing her to, beyond making it easier writing, is beyond me
Jul 1, 2013 2:56 PM

Mar 2013
mquinn2 said:
This is the first time somethings bothered me about this show. Why does Okabe have to back trace each and every Dmail? and especially learning the original contents. Surely sending one to just before they send the first saying 'send no more Dmails, it will ruin time' or something would be simpler? as then all Dmails would never have been sent and time shifts back to its original line

Also, how does Feyris remember any of the previous world line? The logic in allowing her to, beyond making it easier writing, is beyond me

The D-mails are sent from different world lines to the one they are recieved in. This means that it would have absolutely zero effect to send a d-mail to the past.
Jul 1, 2013 6:34 PM
Jun 2013
imbs said:
mquinn2 said:

The D-mails are sent from different world lines to the one they are recieved in. This means that it would have absolutely zero effect to send a d-mail to the past.

Yet he sends Dmails back to undo the original Dmails. So they must have an effect?
Jul 4, 2013 4:33 PM

Mar 2013
mquinn2 said:

Yet he sends Dmails back to undo the original Dmails. So they must have an effect?

Yes sorry I worded that badly.

Think about it like this. You start in World line x. You send a d-mail telling ur friend jim some lottery numbers. The world line changes to world line y where Jim became rich. This means the mail was sent from World line x (where he didn't win the lottery) and was recieved in World line y (where he did). In order to cancel out his lottery win, you take your own advice and you try sending a D-mail into the past (world line y) telling yourself not to send any D-mails. The problem is the old you wouldn't ever reach that point on world line x. You sent the Dmail *after* the split on the original world line x. You can only send D-mails to world line y, or world line x before the split.

If you sent one to world line y it would clearly be useless. If you sent one way back to before you bought the lottery ticket (ie the "split") it would still be useless because you wouldnt reach the point in the timeline.

Anyway this explanation was far more long-winded than I intended, and I really am not good at explaining it apparently.
Jul 4, 2013 5:03 PM

Jun 2013
Feyris stupid moe bitch, I don't like her.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Jul 12, 2013 3:02 PM

May 2013
This anime is really getting very awesome its very thrilling and mysterious. its sad if they change something bad in the past something bad will happen and they have to undo it
Jul 23, 2013 2:10 PM

Jul 2011
Another great episode! I'm glad things are starting to get back to normal ? D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2013 9:49 AM

Feb 2013
So, either way someone is going to die. That's sad. There is no solution to come up with without anyone dying. :(

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Aug 3, 2013 5:39 AM

Sep 2011
lt1412 said:
Can someone explain the whole thing with the kidnapping for me?
Did it happen or not?
Apparently there was a kidnapping that caused Faris' father to sell the IBN5100

But on the other hand there is something about a kidnapping that involved Faris' birthday and her fathers death, what will be undone in this episode by telling Faris' father that the kidnapping was just a joke(?)

Anybody got an idea what's going on here? xD

I don't quite remember how it was explained in the show, but here is how it happened (from the Visual Novel):

Faris's father was always a very busy man and didn't have much time for Faris. For her 8th birthday what Faris wanted was to spend a day with her father, but he had to break that promise, because of an urgent and unexpected work coming up. Faris was very angry about this and her last words to him was her telling him to "just die" (the normal words of an angry kid). Faris wanted to make him worry so on her birthday she ran away from home. On the same day, the plane Faris's father used messed up the landing and during the crash or whatever, he died (only him though).
The content of the first D-mail Faris sent back was "Kidnapped Kid Ransom 100MM Use Sinkansen". Of course the kidnapping was just a joke to make him don't board the plane and instead use a bullet train to avoid his death. However, her father didn't have that much money at that time, so he sold the IBN 5100 to some guy (obviously working for SERN) who bought it for a very big amount of money due to the desperate campaign of SERN wanting to buy up all of them. This is why it wasn't donated to the shrine later. I'm not sure where the money has been sent though, since the kidnapping was just made up, but it doesn't really matter.
Now that Faris and Okabe realized what happened, they sent back another D-mail ("jk about kidnapping ilu papa cu soon") and so her father boarded the plane and unfortunately died. However, at least now Faris's last words to him weren't about her wanting him to die, but rather words of her loving him and hoping to seeing him soon.
RazielZeroAug 3, 2013 5:42 AM
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.