Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 25, 2011 10:37 AM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
viMALMay 30, 2019 2:36 PM
Jul 25, 2011 11:03 AM

Oct 2010
The first part was amazing with Kyouko’s imagination of kissing Chinatsu as follows,

Now that was most amazing considering how Kyouko was excited about writing her wish in regards to that and lovely Chinatsu was here before the kiss. Total MOE meltdown and Kyouko being excited over it even after the fantasy got things more hilarious.Yui was funny with her expression here in regards to Kyouko’s imagination. I still can’t believe that Chinatsu took it to the next level by writing her wish to kiss Yui. Poor Kyouko! :( Her response towards that to shred her own wish was not cool and it was kind of obvious that she wrote something lame because she was super jealous of what Chinatsu wrote. It was further proven when Kyouko with a blush tells Yui to write to kiss Chinatsu. The faces that Yui/Chinatsu had along with the ”OMG Yui does a forefront kiss on Chinatsu” fad in the spoiler
was so not cool towards Kyouko, especially since she knew Yui from childhood. Well at least Chinatsu’s wish got fulfilled. While poor poor Akari seems to get ignored here again by Kyouko while being totally transparent to her. While Chinatsu’s new wish of mouth to mouth with most likely Yui should have been changed to French Kiss with Yui. IMO. Poor Akari’s wish going in the wind in the spoiler
really feel bad for her there. The beginning of this segment was hilarious with everyone being under the heat but of all Kyouko/Chinatsu sweating the most. I ROFL at Kyouko in the spoiler
that was hilarious. The Rika part here, made me think for some reason of Higurashi due to the name Rika on it. Well it sure scared the living crap of Kyouko/Chinatsu. Akari sure got enthusiastic here towards the free wish writing.

About part 1 Ayano/Chitose, Ayano was immediately funny with
her super fired up mode towards studying for the exams since it looks like Kyouko is obsessing her mind of wanting to beat her. Other than the Kyouko x Chinatsu and Yui/Chinatsu forefront kiss, I can’t deny that the one of Ayano x Kyouko due to Ayano losing in the spoiler
from Chitose’s imagination was amazing! Super soft yuri fan service of never before seen tone and even more so when a blur occurs as Ayano x Kyouko almost happens in regards to that kiss. Well even with the blur I still saw it. Ayano here while being surprised with a blush towards Chitose’s fantasies, actually admitted it might not be a bad idea until she figured out how it was in Chitose’s imagination. Ayano keeps her comedy nice with storming inside of the club where Kyouko is while Kyouko is sleeping and dreaming of Akari being bumpy? Oh my my, I wonder what she was dreaming of? Ayano’s house looks nice and big. Her room has
some nice shelves and a nice touch of green/white. Loved seeing the Ayano finger pointing and I agree with Chitose here as the whole challenge was a excuse to talk to Kyouko.

Ayano’s studying methods are rather insane in the spoiler
of whom I find the bathroom one being pretty crazy for anyone else using the bathroom and the riding bike while studying was the most stupid one, considering that she rammed into the pole. The recording listening was crazy too. The bathroom part was nice.
Next time please do not do anything that can distract you from concentrating in using something properly such as riding a car, bike or motorcycle. It’s plain stupid to hurt yourself in this IRL. In thee end Ayano won and I am like O_O WTF? She won! Shit! As Kyouko comes and I see the reason in the spoiler
I cannot believe it! Kyouko puts her hobbies far ahead of studying despite her being good in it. How does she do it? Well certainly it proves that education is a joke to her and far less fun to do. I did like how Kyouko tells Ayano of her wish being discovered and the reaction she shows in the spoiler
now that was funny! Good first part.

Among the yukatas in the following,

My favorite ones are #1 being Chinatsu with its designs, #2 that of Ayano with its design/color blending and #3 would be Kyouko’s vibrant red with its motives. Sakurako sure is excited by the fireworks and loved how Ayano’s expression is here towards Kyouko’s compliment that she looked nice in her yukata. I was totally impressed by Kyouko in the spoiler
for that display of fireworks arts was amazing with the heart shape. Simply due to how it showed out and Kyouko/Ayano looked so happy here while it was only a imagination of Chitose. In general it was just nice to see Ayano/Kyouko doing competition of stars/hearts art fireworks. The scene itself looked nice. Despite the Himawari/Sakurako friction modes in the spoiler
I do remember this firework going off when I was a kid and it does do that. Just that it’s funny to watch. Ayano‘s totally shocked face at what Chitose wrote was another good comedic point.

It was very pleasing to see Kyouko pushing Ayano to lit the firework she bough, which really was disappointing since it was nothing more than something attached to the parachute that came out. What was exciting are more fantasizing of Chitose with a Ayano being jerked off by Kyouko and one after that of Ayano wanting more of that, which really are quite incredible for not only how soft they are in the ecchi but of how epic it makes Chitose nose bleed. In thee end I was pretty satisfied of seeing Ayano’s natural smiling face here and the fact that she thanked nicely Chitose for all that she did for her. So Ayano’s wish got fulfilled. While the best for me was the Kyouko/Ayano reality pose in the spoiler
It looked like Kyouko was about to rape Ayano and it sure gave Chitose the biggest nose bleed in this episode. In thee end that nose bleed was almost the death of her but at least her wish got fulfilled. However I was really surprised that Akari’s wish came all the way into the ocean’s beach area. I still did not change the fact that Akari had to chase after it.

About the second part being the beach, loved seeing everyone in their casual clothing. Ayano’s expression towards Kyouko’s “Bumpy bumpy seven” was nice but seems like Chitose’s expression suggest ecchi all over. Chitose was quite funny with a happiness on her face of seeing Ayano x Kyouko but she got strange at a sudden ideal of doing more fantasizing. Well that one was nice with the unzipping and the ”Be gentle” from Ayano part. While Sakurako was jealous of Himawari’s bust size. I totally loved the swimsuits of Kyouko and Ayano in the spoiler
particularly the form of Kyouko is to die for in female beauty. If you are wondering about Akgkor Wat, you can read all about it here. Interesting historical place. The fantasizing of Chitose being this time Ayano not wearing any panties looks to be too much for Chitose and the only thing I see it being good for is blood clean up in the body.

It was nice to see a group running part but of course
Akari had to be left out by being clumsy. Kyouko’s expression here was so full of win considering how Yui was a center of attention for her breasts and swimsuit from Kyouko/Ayano in the spoiler
kind of obvious while Akari is impressed with Himawari’s breasts as she is trying to deny it. Well too late because Sakurako is totally jealous of them. The whole ninja star gag in the spoiler
was goo gag considering that Chitose got them in her face in thee end. Lovely Kyouko ass is nice and I was surprised by how much she got stronger of hitting the ball with just a sneeze. Everyone eating water melon in the spoiler
was very nice to see but of course Yui had something to say that had to do with Sakurako and Sakurako getting angry with a nasty response of spitting out seeds towards Himawari. Yui’s figure here with her swimsuit was well shown considering that it had Ayano’s figure there too. Chitose’s fantasy of Kyouko x Ayano watermelon eating was good once again. I do wonder who gives her the Kleenexes randomly? The end of the beach leaves a nice scenery with everyone and Kyouko in the spoiler
taking into consideration the sun’s beauty. However Ayano is in shit for her expression at forgetting her bra/underwear says it all.

About the preview, next episode looks to have some more yummy Chitose/Kyouko/Yui in casual clothing and what is all this crowd doing? Looks like more of Himawari/Sakurako studying together and what is this Taito lookalike magical user doing? Looks like some cosplay event.

Well it was a beach episode that was most likely the best of the fan service from this series yet mostly like the above person said due to its additions of not being in the manga.
Yumekichi11Jul 27, 2011 12:32 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 25, 2011 12:07 PM

Aug 2010
nice episode, although not as good as the previous ones. I liked the fireworks part best. Also, I nearly forgot about Ayano not wearing undies... until Chekhov's gun went off right in my face (as did Chitose's nearly-major nosebleed)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 25, 2011 12:14 PM
Jul 2011
Hmm, not a bad episode, they managed to at least somewhat moderate the 'fan service' which so often seems to go over board in the 'beach' or 'hot springs' episodes. Fireworks part at the end was nice. Much more of a gag episode, although this seems to be the standard for episodes featuring the student council. Seem to be running Akarin's lack of presence as a joke throughout though I suppose we'll probably get an Akarin centred episode before too long. I'm never particularly found of beach episodes as they so often seem to sacrifice plot and comedy for fan-service, but they seemed to keep it fairly under control, and although not as good as the second episode this series seems to be continuing at a fairly high standard.
Jul 25, 2011 12:36 PM

Nov 2008
Chitose will die of blood loss if she keeps taking those glasses off. Ayano and Kyoko looking hot in the last Chitose fantasy. I haven't seen tissue or anything else used much in a nosebleed situation save for harem anime like BakaTest except BakaTest goes all out and to the point of an IV blood transfusion.

Jul 25, 2011 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
best episode. not because of fan service but the laughs i had while watching this episode.
Jul 25, 2011 1:11 PM

Aug 2010
This was awesome. I just wish that those yuri fantasies would come true in the episode.
Jul 25, 2011 1:27 PM

Jul 2010
Chitose and her nosebleeds...I agree she'll die of blood loss sooner or later. lol at the random hand offering tissues to Chitose.
Jul 25, 2011 2:53 PM

Nov 2008
Quite an interesting episode that meshed a lot of things into one fun fan service fest or at least in chitose's mind lol. Epic bike studying is epic too. The entire contest 'fail' was great. I really enjoyed how Kyoko more or less trips and runs into Ayano who has no underwear (you don't really need them for a Yukata but can help in a pinch haha) and Kyoko is merely questioning what happened , and Ayano is embarrassed but the freak out? is Chitose and the entire incident is forgotten by all as chitose has passed out lol. 4/5

all in all I like seeing more of the 4 some with some Ayano thrown in here and there ~ so a fun episode andddd I still fan fag Kyoko x Yui I can easily see the strong friendships becoming more as the crushes fall away and become friendships (I can at the very least dream it if it doesnt happen)

I havent had the chance to read the manga yet its on my plan to read list once I can get my hands on it this week ^^ finish one manga start another!.

And nice photo catch I wasn't sure many would even notice it.. just Akari face planting ;)
sirwenceJul 25, 2011 3:30 PM
Jul 25, 2011 3:20 PM

Dec 2010
That's the second time Yui thinks Ayano is funny. I'm thinking Yui might like Ayano!

Anyway highlights for me
-Yui head kissing Chinatsu
-Kyoko tripping onto Ayano

Haha my gosh they are so mean to Akarin. Awww....

@geezer

Nice catch! I didn't see that girl haha.
Jul 25, 2011 3:21 PM

Dec 2009
After this episode, my love for this show doubled *__*
yuno6.jpg
Jul 25, 2011 3:28 PM

Jun 2010
That mysterious hand just got me wondering who the hell is she. She gave out the tissue box for Chitose whenever she would have her "delusions". I just thought that was wierd. This hand comes out of nowhere and does various task, it even takes a watermelon slice.

geezer said:

Did anyone notice that long-haired character on this (top)?

The student council prez must've been the one who handed out the tissues and firecrackers (you know, the "hand" that kept appearing).
]
I did not notice that. You got a nice eye. She's probably someone with the student council they have yet to mention.

Jul 25, 2011 4:56 PM

Sep 2008
Those girls don't know anything if they are wearing their underwear beneath their kimono.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2011 5:05 PM

Apr 2011
Epic nose-bleed anime!!

Great episode!

Kyoko is awesome!

5/5
Jul 25, 2011 7:43 PM

Feb 2011
More nose bleed STAT!
More Yuri Yuri STAT!

HawthorneKitty said:
Those girls don't know anything if they are wearing their underwear beneath their kimono.

This.
Jul 25, 2011 7:45 PM

Oct 2010
Found some amazing stiches that are keepers,
  • The Kyouko ones are nice with one of Kyouko in her swimsuit in the spoiler
    Kyouko in her yukata is yummy too.

• The Kyouko x Ayano were some serious delicious stuff to have in the spoiler
    especially the one at the end of the episode as it was a no-imagination Chitose one.

• Yui’s swimsuit is not to be missed in the spoiler
    She is so Mio a little like in her form.

• The ones of Chitose x Ayano and one if Ayano are nice ones in the spoiler
    to be kept.
geezer said:
Also:
The student council prez must've been the one who handed out the tissues and firecrackers (you know, the "hand" that kept appearing).
I did not think of that but why totally not reveal her yet?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 25, 2011 9:31 PM

Jul 2010
lol Oh, Chitose! She sure does have an active (and perverted) imagination!
Jul 25, 2011 10:10 PM

Jun 2009
Akaaaaaarin! I'm starting to feel bad for her.

I must thank Chitose since she fulfilled all my Kyouko x Ayano needs.
Jul 26, 2011 3:17 AM

Aug 2010
A thoroughly enjoyable episode, with special mention to Kyouko as always. 5/5.
Jul 26, 2011 3:52 AM

Sep 2010
Lol, who the hell keep giving Chitose tissues?
So saw it coming that Ayano would be found out
Poor Akari.
Jul 26, 2011 3:57 AM

Jan 2009
Akarin... as always, the beginning's running gag was funny.
I'm looking forward to watching next week's.

The scene Yui kisses Chinatsu on the forehead was great. And, loled at the transparent Akarin with nice sound effect.

Ayano having a crush on Kyoko was warm and fuzzy as well.
I really want Ayano to tell Kyoko her feelings, and hope to watch how Kyoko reacts to that. And, I wonder how Yui would react?
Jul 26, 2011 5:48 AM

Dec 2009
Chitose's nosebleeds are getting really annoying...
Jul 26, 2011 6:04 AM
Jan 2011
why akari should be called (she called when intro opening song) if later only to be ignored.
might make sense if kyoko is summoned.
This is actually a nice anime.
This hat has a funny comedy, the characters are different, and my favorite(shoujo ai / yuri).
but this anime makes me very upset because this anime did not involve the main character(akaza akari) into this anime.
watch this anime like eating bread without butter, was bland at all.
in the end I really hate this anime.
thank goodness the a channel is still better than this piece of junk.
This anime is worse than hanamaru youchien or a channel.
Jul 26, 2011 6:54 AM
Jun 2008
the random fanservice is a bit awkward. I felt like they made bad timing in making a good laugh for me or maybe the fanservice is a bit repetitive.I kinda miss that pink pervert(Inran Pink) from SoftTenni. Well, at least the VA improve their dialogue intonation a bit in this episode. In last episode, people complaint that matter from the start till the end lol.(or maybe they just lazy to even care bout it now) but still I think the VA need more practice coz they are a bit crap and spoiling the atmosphere of the entire Anime ><
I only laughing for Akarin's lack of existence and some simple jokes T.T
well... not a bad Anime I guess.
Jul 26, 2011 9:32 AM

Sep 2009
Now this is what I came for.
Jul 26, 2011 10:37 AM

Apr 2010
geezer said:

I agree the mystery is why don't they show her i mean there was a picture of the student council in episode two in which she was also covered.
I wonder what's so special about her.
She seems like a nice person tho since she seems to be the one that was handing out the tissues and was playing along with the fireworks and eventually putting it out when the other girls got to dangerous with there competition.
Could it be that she is more unnoticeable then Akari?
And if so how did she manage to get student council president?
Jul 26, 2011 10:51 AM

Feb 2010
This blond girl that I still don't remember what her name was is too good, only reason why I'm still watching this show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2011 1:00 PM

May 2011
Need to punch a wall or something tbh
too much moe
Jul 27, 2011 1:20 AM

Feb 2011
Hoppy said:
Chitose will die of blood loss if she keeps taking those glasses off.

But she'll die very, very happy! ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ

Yumekichi11 said:
]I did not think of that but why totally not reveal her yet?

Aversa said:
I agree the mystery is why don't they show her i mean there was a picture of the student council in episode two in which she was also covered.

The answer is simply that they're following the manga almost religiously and the student council president hadn't been introduced in any of the chapters they've covered. So they added her, but just as an aside, so it doesn't really change the content of the manga jokes/story. I think it's quite cleverly done myself, they added her without really changing anything! ( ̄ー ̄)

krienkrion said:
but this anime makes me very upset because this anime did not involve the main character(akaza akari) into this anime.

Akari isn't the main character. She's one of the four core characters along with Yui, Kyouko & Chinatsu, but she's not the main character. The mangaka Namori even commented on this in the manga at points, that it started out seeming like Akari was the main character but then she faded into the background. (Thus the jokes about her having no presence.) You're getting mad for a reason that doesn't exist. ( ̄~ ̄;)
Jul 27, 2011 9:34 AM
Dec 2007
MorningGlory said:
the random fanservice is a bit awkward. I felt like they made bad timing in making a good laugh for me or maybe the fanservice is a bit repetitive.

I kinda get where you're coming from. If they don't use Chitose's fantasy-fanservice more "intelligently", the running gag might get old and lose its effect. I was delighted by Chitose's appearance in episode 02, but I felt how the joke's charm wore off a little in episode 04. Akarin's running gag however, will never get old because it always comes in new forms. This time it's her tanabata wish and the conversation with the camera man. Last time it was Kyoko writing her name on the hand and the UFO. That's how a running gag should be done.
Jul 27, 2011 11:02 AM

Oct 2007
Yui is like one of the best of her type. I usually find her type of character is boring or interesting.

This show is doing better than you would expect it.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 27, 2011 6:41 PM

Jul 2011
Episode was ok I guess o.o
Jul 27, 2011 10:55 PM

Jun 2008
Han-yuu said:
best episode. not because of fan service but the laughs i had while watching this episode.

LULZ....the only reason for watching this IS the fanservice...

Anyways, best episode cuz of the awesome YURI...

BTW, this anime still needs MOAR Yuri.

Also, Poor Akari...
Jul 28, 2011 9:47 AM

Sep 2010
LOL. Every time I see Chitose Ikeda, I will expect some fan-service LOLOL.
Because of her imagination, this beach episode was PURE WIN XD
Kyoko is my fav ;)
Jul 28, 2011 5:06 PM

Dec 2010
Yeah Chitose becoming Kanako-2.
Nice episode overall but felt sorry for the Akari.
I have no signature at the moment. Cute Ika-musume avatar should be more than enough~
Jul 29, 2011 6:06 AM

Jul 2010
This time Akari was cut off in her intro! And her wish didn't get fullfilled either. Poor Akari. =(
So many fantasy scenes this time around. Chitose was on a roll! Who is the person on top in the bird eyes view though? Is she the one handing the tissues? =/

Loved it!

Jul 29, 2011 1:59 PM

Jan 2010
regarding the tissues, it was Akari that started out giving them. I'm guessing that's the extent of her presence.

the person in the top view is most likely the person they are introducing in the next episode, the one that was in the preview. (and the crush on Yui)

most of what I say is based solely on the anime.
for me the anime seems like a parody of shows with massive subtext like, Lucky Star, K-on, Azumanga. no guys, and lots of romantic subtexts.
Jul 31, 2011 8:25 AM

Feb 2011
Aversa said:
geezer said:

She seems like a nice person tho since she seems to be the one that was handing out the tissues and was playing along with the fireworks and eventually putting it out when the other girls got to dangerous with there competition.
Could it be that she is more unnoticeable then Akari?
And if so how did she manage to get student council president?

Got this feeling that she is Akari's sister (referring to episode 1)

but dang whenever that nosebleed girl is imagining something I felt teased =_=.
Jul 31, 2011 2:53 PM

Jul 2009
Lol, a lot of fanservice much XD Pretty funny though lol :P
Keep it up Akari! You'll get to finish your intros ... eventually :P
Aug 12, 2011 12:27 PM

Mar 2011
Ah! Cute girls doing cute things. When you notice then (poor Akari) and Chitose who's fantasies were a little too frequent. I mean, we dont need the whole take her glasses off thing every time. Just once or twice and then edit for time!

nvm, still like it!
Aug 18, 2011 9:56 AM
Aug 2011
Lol, Akari should feel a little better now, though. The student council president has LESS of a presence than she does.
Aug 23, 2011 3:15 AM

Jun 2011
Poor Akari. And I thought Kurumi Momose had it rough.
Aug 25, 2011 9:50 PM

Nov 2010
I can't believe no one posted this scene:

I just love her reaction. The whole internets shall be granted to one who can make a .gif and PM it to me. And such a generous person shall also get chocolate cookies.

I, too, feel like they overdid the Chitose nosebleed joke this episode. They could have taken out 3 or 4 of her fantasies that weren't really very good.

Anyone know what that green wish plaque they were sort of brooding over in the tanabata tree meant? Subs say "to aaargh Rika-chan". Who is Rika-chan?
KelvetsAug 25, 2011 9:56 PM
Aug 25, 2011 10:16 PM
Feb 2007
Highlights?

Chinatsu: "Kyaahah! x3;"
Aug 31, 2011 3:47 PM

Nov 2010
Woot! Testing new avatar.
Sep 6, 2011 5:56 AM

Jun 2010
The beach episode was just as funny as I hoped! Chitose is going to die of blood loss soon.
Ayano is so sweet when she's embarrassed around Kyoko!
Poor Akari! She's never going to stand out!
Nov 2, 2011 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
Kelvets said:
I, too, feel like they overdid the Chitose nosebleed joke this episode. They could have taken out 3 or 4 of her fantasies that weren't really very good.

Agreed. The nosebleeds are getting old. I didn't count but I bet there were at least ten in that episode.
Apr 7, 2012 11:34 PM
Aug 2011
Kelvets said:
Anyone know what that green wish plaque they were sort of brooding over in the tanabata tree meant? Subs say "to aaargh Rika-chan". Who is Rika-chan?

Possibly a cross-series reference to Higurashi's Rika-Chan? The scream, and darkening / horror music fits a Higurashi reference. Also, just took a look at the scene again, and two of the other wishes are "A field trip to the dam" and "I want to go back in time".

Apparently there's at least 1 other Higurashi reference, in another episode.

BTW, agreed on the above, I've never been a nose-bleed fan.
cipheronApr 7, 2012 11:46 PM
Apr 14, 2012 10:34 PM

Mar 2009
That girl's imaginations were just kinda lame.
Jun 29, 2012 12:46 PM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, but the fantasies got lame after a while.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viMAL - Sep 19, 2011

210 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 10, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 29, 2011

77 by -ODA- »»
Feb 8, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 5, 2011

115 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 12, 2011

130 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 22, 2011

91 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.