Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2011 6:02 AM
Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
MagnaAngemon was so cool but who's next
Jun 30, 2013 9:50 AM
Oct 2010
omg whats next -__-

good shit. creepy piedmon was creepy. final 2
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 11, 2013 10:24 AM

Feb 2011
omg I want those keychains.

Why didn't the Digimon just evolve and fly the kids...?

Lol 'these freaks', nice translation for 'konna yatsura'.

Not bad. :3
眠れないのは君のせい
Apr 10, 2014 12:10 PM
Mar 2013
I think Piedmon could've easily won that if he didn't toy around with the kids. He made the same mistake Matt made when he thought they were defenseless little kids.

In anime never underestimate children. In fact, the younger/smaller they more dangerous ^^ There is usually an inverse relationship between age and strength in this anime.

I was expecting Piedmon to get destroyed by MagnaAngemon but apparently he got sucked into the Gate of Destiny. I wonder where the heck the gate leads? Maybe Piedmon's stuck in an eternal prison? Or perhaps the gate leads to a sea of lava. Imagine the possibilities :S
May 13, 2014 8:31 PM

Jul 2013
One of my favorite episodes, not sure why but I've always loved movies/episodes where people disappeared/got kidnapped/got killed one by one. Plus, Angemon digivolving was pretty epic! And Mimi returning with her army of Digimon haha.
Jul 10, 2014 1:34 PM

Oct 2013
The final scene felt like a JRPG where you defeat the "final boss" just to find out there is some nefarious leader to the "final boss" nobody knew about until the very last minute.

Piedmon is awesome. He's my favorite of the dark masters for sure. R.I.P. ;-;

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 13, 2014 11:32 AM
Jun 2014
Finally Angemon digivolves. Too bad we didn't see a lot of action from MagnaAngemon. He wasn't even the one, who pushed Piedmon into the gate. Imo Agumon and Gabumon are doing too much. ):
Feb 17, 2015 7:15 AM
Jun 2012
Anyone else noticed one of Kouichirou's programs was called PafuPafu and had two cd's placed in a suggestive manner? That's some Master Roshi shit.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 10, 2020 10:18 AM
Jun 19, 2015 8:35 AM

Mar 2015
Holy crap, as if angemon couldn't get more awesome magna angemon appears.

"Wow what a weird dream. I had an incredible urge to carry keys"
Jun 18, 2016 4:49 PM

Feb 2013
HolyAngemon is amazing!
Piemon was defeated but Gennai said that the Dark Masters aren't the real enemy,wtf.
Apr 6, 2018 8:10 PM

Apr 2017
Great episode! One of the best fights in Digimon.
Piemon could have won, had he fight seriously from the beginning.

Notice that:
1- In the initial battle with Taichi, Piemon has already won until Yamato showed up
2- In his mini-battle with Angewomon, he first stuck her arms and legs with swords so she can't execute any movement, and then trapped her inside the white blanket thing. If Piemon hadn't done it in that order, maybe she could have broken it with her holy movements (like holy arrow)
3- Piedmon was about to win against all of them, and this time for sure. He is the first enemy as i recall, who was seconds away from winning against all the 8 children at the same time.
4- The "Fire of Wall" (firewall?) that Gennai mentioned i think it expands a lot more about digimon backstory. I wonder what Gennai ment when he doubted the official story about dark masters coming from the other side..

UubTay said:
Anyone else noticed one of Kouichirou's programs was called PafuPafu and had two cd's placed in a suggestive manner? That's some Master Roshi shit.

It was probably installed by Gennai. That no-human-nor-digimon entity feels lonely sometimes (said by himself in the episode where the kids go to meet him)

--------
Aug 16, 2018 9:29 AM
Mar 2018
One of the best episodes of the show. The plot with Piedmon turning the kids into keychains was weird and creepy, and I really liked it. the fights were also very well-done as well, and it had one of the funniest lines of the show ("I had the craziest dream! I had a strange urge to collect keys!")
Mar 30, 2020 4:03 PM

May 2008
Piemon, collecting keychains before it was cool. I wouldn't be surprised if he started the craze. Heck, why hasn't Bandai released those exact keychains? I'd paid money to collect them.

B-but Piemon is an Ultimate level! Apparently Patamon is allowed to screw the rules. @_@
That and the fact they were doing well against Piemon when all together shows that, well, the whole waiting thing was contrived. It exists just to get Holy Angemon rather than any sensible strategy.

Mimi finally comes back when it's almost all over. Imagine if Piemon won. Mimi would be more screwed than a loose whore! LOL

Glad they kept the quality from the previous ep, even if it was just for half the episode. That pretty art and animation is healing for my eyes.

I love how Sora demeans Gomamon for being useless right before he proves to be one of the most useful out of the group. Eat crap, Sora.
Loved Koushiro crying over Jyou too.
Oct 10, 2020 3:52 AM

Dec 2012
Gaia Force!
Dat flag.
They disappeared.
Dolls?
Kentarumon. Wall of fire? Prophecy.
Gennai.
Andromon fights Piemon.
They got turned into dolls.
Angewomon oppai.
Garudamon got caught.
The sakuga on Angewomon's body as she gets sent flying into the wall.
Sora and Gomamon got caught.
Dat theme. Angemon.
Takeru and Hikari are falling.
Takeru's crest lights up.
Dat theme. Angemon, chou-shinka! Holy Angemon! Excalibur.
They returned to normal.
Evilmon. Adult.
Mimi finally arrives.
Dat theme. Zudomon. AtlurKabuterimon.
Dat Heavens Gate.
Gaia Force! Double Tomahawk!
Piemon went through the Heavens Gate.
Gennai.
The real enemy isn't the Dark Masters? Nani?
Dat light.
Dat ending.

Holy Angemon shinka was nice. Time for the final boss. You have defeated the legendary Chikao Ohtsuka and have now reached the point of no return. Do you wish to save your Brave Heart before continuing? Yes.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 3, 2021 11:03 AM

Nov 2015
i have the keychains ._.

💢

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.