Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2011 4:55 AM
Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Up next Piemon
Jun 29, 2013 11:47 PM
Oct 2010
rip baddest dark master :(
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 5, 2013 11:38 AM

Feb 2011
Nice interaction between Koushiro and Taichi.

I don't get how Yamato can be off 'finding himself' at a time like this. What if everyone died? And if he wants to learn the true meaning of friendship, he should be here involved in it.
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 13, 2013 2:31 PM

Apr 2010
Geez, Patamon is never gonna get to Perfect level, or when he does it's gonna be for like one episode. It's really kinda unfair, I mean, it took him the longest to digivolve into Adult too and we just started getting to see Angemon more frequently.
Apr 8, 2014 9:01 PM

Dec 2012
Mugendramon's death was kinda anti-climatic considering how powerful and badass he was earlier on. It was like... suddenly Wargreymon just defeated him in one slash? What!?
Apr 10, 2014 10:50 AM
Mar 2013
Aww that was anti-climactic. Machinedramon just gets taken down in one shot :( I was expecting a more balanced battle.
ClawViper7 said:
Mugendramon's death was kinda anti-climatic considering how powerful and badass he was earlier on. It was like... suddenly Wargreymon just defeated him in one slash? What!?
Yeah I agree, it was disappointing since there was little to no action. I hope atleast Piedmon doesn't get hax-killed.
Jul 10, 2014 4:32 AM

Oct 2013
Welp, scratch what I said in the previous episode thread. Kari's presence was finally spectacular.

I also agree Machinedramon got taken out far too easily. He seemed a lot more powerful than that.

It's weird how WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon couldn't even take out VenomMyotismon together, and EACH of the dark masters are meant to be more powerful... now all of a sudden they're whooping their asses single-handedly. seems legit

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 12, 2014 8:35 PM

Oct 2009
Am I the only one irritated by Hikari's flawlessness as a character? I mean she's totally a Mary Sue. I wonder if we're gg to get an elaborate explanation for how she becomes a body of light and strengthens a Digimon.

The Mugendramon Arc is the darkest arc in this show but the way he lost was so anti-climatic. Of course when good guys avenge their friends, it's justified but when bad guys do, it's definitely wrong.

On the bright side, I'm glad Andromon didn't die.

But then again, I think they are rushing this arc so that we get to see Piemon fast. Back then when I was younger, I thought this show was a masterpiece but now rewatching it as an adult, it actually has a lot of visible flaws.
Feb 16, 2015 10:08 AM
Jun 2012
You guys do realize that the reason he killed Mugendramon so easily is because he used the Dramon Killer? That, and Hikari restored him to his full power.
Feb 16, 2015 3:12 PM
Mar 2013
It doesn't change the fact that the fight was lacklustre in the end. All the build-up to Machinedramon was solid and I was atleast expecting a hard fight. The way it happened so fast makes it seem like a Deus ex Machina to be honest.
Sep 12, 2015 7:22 AM

Jan 2014
That was fast...
Jun 18, 2016 8:26 AM

Feb 2013
Mugendramon was already defeated, that was fast.
Feb 3, 2017 4:51 PM

Dec 2010
Chouninatte said:
Nice interaction between Koushiro and Taichi.

I don't get how Yamato can be off 'finding himself' at a time like this. What if everyone died? And if he wants to learn the true meaning of friendship, he should be here involved in it.

I can quite understand Matt`s decision as he behave like an ass. But what are Mimi and Joe doing is even worse. They just left because she don`t want to fight and don`t want see anyone dying again. She is really super stupid, it is impossible to make her more annoying.

Mugendramon death was anticlimatic. I know what they wanted to achieve but damn. He was the best out of the Dark Masters and they just elimnate him too fast. Yea, I know Dramon-killer and so on. It should be much better though.

What the heck is happening with Numemon. Back then in EP 6 they were described as slime-y, disgusting, stinking and awful Digimons, throwing poo at everyone. And right now it is like they are cute and adorable.
tearofmankindFeb 3, 2017 5:46 PM
Apr 5, 2018 7:51 PM

Apr 2017
Yeah, i agree with the anticlimatic death of Mugendramon. Even with Dramon Killer. It should have lasted a little bit more the fight. At least half an episode more.
Even with his death, he did well and was one of the best enemies yet.

This is just a theory, but I noticed Numemon's "sacrifice" was in part what Agumon needed to warp-digivolve,
I wonder if Hikari did it on purpose ; then this huge "miss perfect" thing would be cuestionable at best.

Tachi and Koushiro: very well done ; their interaction was much needed

overall great ep. 9/10

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 10, 2020 10:11 AM
--------
Aug 15, 2018 9:14 AM
Mar 2018
This is a pretty mediocre episode. The show has weakened since it became Monster Of The Week. This was mostly them wandering through the sewers before Digimon attacked, and while the fight scenes were good they weren't really enough to make it a good ep.
Feb 3, 2019 6:38 PM

Apr 2009
I think this episode was a little inspired by the movie "Metropolis"
Mar 29, 2020 2:46 PM

May 2008
Top tier bullshit this episode. Also, as I remembered, this don't explain Hikari's powers or even try to at all AND her cold is "suddenly" gone now that the need for it to exist is gone. Heck, she didn't even NEED the medicine. She got over it on her own making the whole last episode pointless!

Vongole said:
Am I the only one irritated by Hikari's flawlessness as a character? I mean she's totally a Mary Sue. I wonder if we're gg to get an elaborate explanation for how she becomes a body of light and strengthens a Digimon.

Years ago, I would have disagreed. Now? I have the same feelings as you.

argentino_kek said:
This is just a theory, but I noticed Numemon's "sacrifice" was in part what Agumon needed to warp-digivolve,
I wonder if Hikari did it on purpose ; then this huge "miss perfect" thing would be cuestionable at best.

Plus, it wouldn't make sense since she did the same with the others earlier in the ep and no one died then. It's hinted before that Hikari's Light can give strength back since it did before in another ep, if I'm not mis-remembering.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 10, 2020 10:12 AM
Oct 10, 2020 1:04 AM

Dec 2012
Hikari awakens.
Slavery.
WaruMonzaemon. Perfect.
Hikari lights up.
lol at Sora.
lol at shinka.
Hikari...sama?
Hikari lights up. Dat theme.
Dat theme within the theme. Group shinka.
Mugendramon.
Dat explosion.
Taichi.
He keeps walking.
Taichi tackles Koushiro.
Something is coming.
lol at the shinka.
lol at Agumon yelling Greymon.
Andromon.

Taichi was on his "Hikari" shit again this episode because he didn't want to get slapped again.WTF this light come from? Her crest wasn't even glowing. I liked how mature Hikari's eyes looked while glowing. I love that WarGreymon pretty much Zantetsuken'd Mugendramon. Andromon didn't die. Jonouchi voiced WaruMonzaemon. Nice.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 24, 2020 9:53 AM

Mar 2015
Yeah, definitely one of the weakest episodes. Hikari is just a super boring character, always was. Mugendramon was disappointing as well. Not just cos he was so easily defeated but also because he is, for the lack of a better term, a fucking moron. He killed WaruMonzaemon saying "I have no more use for you". wtf? What do you mean no more use lol? Killed him for absolutely no reason, and he had absolutely NOTHING to gain from doing that, just lose. I wouldn't even call him evil, he's just a complete incompetent idiot.
Feb 18, 2021 7:25 PM

Jul 2013
Good old too tired to evolve issue, it's been awhile.

Hikari sure is a walking deus ex machina. Whatever power she has needs to be explained asap. I also wish there're more bonding moments between her and the rest of the group, her and Tailmon especially. They got to talk for like 5 minutes before Tailmon was captured by Vamdemon, after that it's just fight after fight after fight.

The part where Machinedramon pit his head into the ceiling and walk was weird af. I can't even tell if it's awesome or stupid lol.
Feb 20, 2021 12:32 AM

Oct 2009
That fight ends pretty quick..

Final boss next ~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.