Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 26, 2011 5:19 AM

Jun 2008
I'm Not complaining one bit

My whole reaction

NEED MORE RENA

and TAKANO~~~~~~~~

You haters sure take things too seriously, and fail to understand that this is just pure comedy. Go look at "Carnival Phantasm" no one is saying that is shit just because it's comedy.

And finally if you're a true fan, you'll love this without any complaint

Currently anyone proclaiming to be a true fan but thinks this is shit, is not a true fan at all. Since your "love" is just for your own convenience, and what kind of love is that?
kaimaxJul 26, 2011 5:38 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 26, 2011 7:16 AM

Nov 2007
Onibokusu said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
But this wasn't even funny. Most of the comedy comes from the characters' interactions so we had a little bit of that in the second half after Keiichi's delusions were over but other than that nothing really. And the ecchi is just text on a screen in the VN.
And most of the comedy is just 'text on a screen in the VN', and it's still this kind of humour.

Everyone has this image of Higurashi being mostly about malicious, killer girls. The first anime left out hours and hours of source material, all of which were comedy ecchi like the first episode of this OVA (and the first episode of Rei, and half of Kai).

Anyone's that's watching this, complaining and still claiming to be a 'true Higurashi fan' is a fan of the anime alone.
I've read the VN, tyvm.

Higurashi is not about malicious killer girls, it's about character interactions and the main storyline. I loved the first episode of Rei, but this was just ridiculous.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 26, 2011 7:52 AM

Apr 2009
I won't comment much on this as I'm still disgusted after seeing this episode. Actually, I have only one thing to say:
Fuck you DEEN, fuck you.

Jul 26, 2011 8:55 AM

May 2010
Masterpiece OVA. Would watch again. 5/5.
Jul 26, 2011 9:00 AM
Nov 2008
Amaya-no-Hime said:
I loved the first episode of Rei, but this was just ridiculous.

Hence this being considered too silly to be included in the VNs and getting an OVA release instead (a lot of other parts in Higurashi got close to that). But, the truth is right there: This is a storyline straight from 07th Expansion and isn't a Studio Deen original.
Jul 26, 2011 9:18 AM

Nov 2007
Onibokusu said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Hence this being considered too silly to be included in the VNs and getting an OVA release instead (a lot of other parts in Higurashi got close to that). But, the truth is right there: This is a storyline straight from 07th Expansion and isn't a Studio Deen original.
I know that. I never said that Ryukishi was perfect. He's just milking this series due to how badly the Umineko anime/last VN failed. I don't mind ecchi/comedy stuff but this episode simply wasn't good even when compared to things in that genre.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 26, 2011 10:14 AM

Apr 2009
Niipaa~ That was the highlight for me.
Jul 26, 2011 10:56 AM

Jan 2011
dioptase said:
What the hell did I watch?!

Same.

I couldn't help but laugh at everything, and I mean everything...
xD;; dang, pure ecchi everywhere
(I loved the Rena in the maid outfit part though, Rena + maid outfit = win for me~)
aside from that, it was ok
next episode seem, eh too...
oh well
Jul 26, 2011 11:04 AM

Aug 2009
Who made first half of episode? Pedobear?
AstellasJul 29, 2011 10:35 AM

Możliwości rodzą słabości xD
Jul 26, 2011 11:16 AM

Jun 2009
GTFO with Rika, Satoko and BL antics, bring moar Takano and Rena and i'd call this good fanservice episode. : o
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 26, 2011 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
kaimax said:

Currently anyone proclaiming to be a true fan but thinks this is shit, is not a true fan at all. Since your "love" is just for your own convenience, and what kind of love is that?

That isn't being a true fan. That's just mindlessly accepting anything. If you liked the episode, that's great, but just because people don't like it doesn't suddenly make them less of a fan than you.

Do you love every song ever written by the bands you like?

It just means they expect more of a series like this, not neccessarily blood and gore, just something interesting or funny. The fact that people still watched this after 50 Tv episodes and 5 OVA's is evidence enough of them being true fans.
Jul 26, 2011 11:59 AM

Sep 2010
I was like what the HELL is this shit.......

Jul 26, 2011 3:17 PM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
GTFO with Rika, Satoko and BL antics, bring moar Takano and Rena and i'd call this good fanservice episode. : o
You're doing it wrong, you can't go forgetting about Shion and Mion щ(゚Д゚щ)
Those two are what makes the entire series bearable.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 26, 2011 4:05 PM

Jun 2010
kaimax said:

Ah, the old "true fan" thing. All fans are true fans. Liking or not liking something does not make you more 'true' of a fan then another. Everyone has there opinions on Higurashi, what they like and don't like, what they thought worked and what they thought didn't work in the anime. Saying that someone is not a 'true fan' for not sharing the same opinion as you is the same as saying "anyone whose opinions aren't the same as mine do not matter." Everyone has the right to state their opinion, even if, believe it or not, it's not the same as yours.

That said, I say the first half of this episode is shit and I'm just as much of a fan of Higurashi as you. I'm just a 'true fan' with a different opinion. I'm not going to arbitrarily like anything with Higurashi in the name if it is horrible.

As to why I didn't like it, the first half was just too ecchi with no real plot or any comedy. It was just 10-15 minutes of fanservice, nothing else. I started liking Higurashi for the plot, the drama, and yes, the murders. I didn't really care for the fanservice in it, unless it was part of the humor in the scene.
That said, the second half was much better. The second half was funny and had some plot in it.
Jul 26, 2011 6:19 PM

Jul 2007
I absolutely love Higurashi, Rika-chama is my favorite anime character of all time, and I can safely say without any doubt, that was one of the biggest pieces of anime-related shit I have ever seen.

It honestly makes me wish they never survived the Endless June.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 26, 2011 7:59 PM

Jul 2009
Dat first half.

Dat Shmion scene.

My body was not prepared.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 26, 2011 8:31 PM

Apr 2010
Jul 27, 2011 4:13 AM

May 2011
Hmmm, whenever I think of the first episode of Kira, one thing springs to my mind - "what the fuck did I just watch". Indeed, it's like you're not even watching Higurashi anymore. I mean story-wise Kira has nothing absolutely nothing to do with the Higurashi series other than the fact that it has the same characters. Ooishi, Irie and Tomitake suddenly change into borderline pedophiles imagining the girls doing... many things. Okey, one example, Shion is licking Mion's boobs while they watch eagerly. Seriously what the fuck? How did this find its way into a horror/mystery anime!?

Then we have the yaoi. A completely pointless and stupid scene where Satoshi pops up out of nowhere (I'll remind you that as of Rei he was still suffering from Level 5 of the Hinamizawa syndrome and was still cared for by Irie in the underground part of the clinic) and encourages Keiichi to eat a yougurt with him. w.t.f

To top it off, they've made fun of the Hinamizawa syndrome itself. Apparently there's this "True Hinamizawa Syndrome" where if a person fantasises too much, he'll start having hallucinations. That ladies and gentlemen, pissed me off the most. It's something that would be perfect for an eroge series, but not an anime like Higurashi.

Also, the plot is completely FUCKED up. A one legged dog with alzhaimers could have written a better one. First we have mindless ecchi/hentai/yaoi fanservice and then we suddenly jump into horror. Holy fucking shit. It's like jumping out of a sauna into a pool of iced water. I was inches away from having a cardiac arrest.

Ironically, watching Kira is horrifying. Not because it's successful in being scary but because it's that fucking horrible. It's a total fuck up. Don't get me wrong though, I like comedy in Higurashi and I like to laugh once in a while but... they've taken it a bit too far. I liked Rei and Nekogoroshi-hen because they were filled with comedy but there was still a clear line between comedy and utter ridiculousness. In Kira, that line no longer exists. What a let down.

So, if you're a Higurashi fan such as myself and you want to keep your good opinion about it then please don't watch this. It's not worth it. You'll only regret it later.
"The feels man, the feels..."
Jul 27, 2011 8:25 AM

Jun 2008
Simonian said:
So, if you're a Higurashi fan such as myself and you want to keep your good opinion about it then please don't watch this. It's not worth it. You'll only regret it later.

Onibokusu said:

But, the truth is right there: This is a storyline straight from 07th Expansion

Nope, Higurashi's reputation isn't ruined, you yourself ruined because of high expectations on false information on this specific series.

honestly which part of Kira (glitter) and promotional pics shows that it will be another murder mystery...
kaimaxJul 27, 2011 8:34 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 27, 2011 10:09 AM
Nov 2008
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Onibokusu said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
I know that. I never said that Ryukishi was perfect. He's just milking this series due to how badly the Umineko anime/last VN failed. I don't mind ecchi/comedy stuff but this episode simply wasn't good even when compared to things in that genre.
Considering that you rated the first season of the Higurashi anime, despite the atrocious production standards on both the visual and story fronts, over the better adapted Kai and Rei (which just happen to contain more ecchi and comedy scenes), I'm going to peg you as minding the 'comedy/ecchi stuff' Amaya.
Jul 27, 2011 10:57 AM

Jan 2010
That was absolutely terrible.
Jul 27, 2011 11:21 AM

May 2010
What the hell was that episode... =_= most of it was pretty degrading lol
Jul 27, 2011 12:09 PM

Jun 2010
Going into this episode not taking it serious was a good idea. This was such a good way for a good laughter. All the scenes were so awesome, and especially loved the Rena one. Didn't like the fact that they used Nii Nii with Satoko. And the BL thing with Satoshi was disturbing as hell. And is it just me, or did some voices change? 3/5
Jul 27, 2011 6:26 PM

Aug 2007
shimamiya eiko not singing the op WAS A BAD SIGN INDEED

i would've liked it if it was funny. but it wasn't.
Jul 27, 2011 8:20 PM

Jun 2010
ephemeralM said:

She got thyroid cancer last year. I think that's a very good reason not to sing the new opening for Higurashi.
Jul 27, 2011 9:02 PM

Jul 2007
Zfish9 said:
ephemeralM said:

She got thyroid cancer last year. I think that's a very good reason not to sing the new opening for Higurashi.

Still not an excuse for a super-duper happy OP. In Higurashi, it just feels wrong.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 27, 2011 9:16 PM
Jun 2011
Splitter said:
Zfish9 said:
ephemeralM said:

Still not an excuse for a super-duper happy OP. In Higurashi, it just feels wrong.

I thought the opening was fitting, seeing as the whole episode was comedy and fanservice.
Jul 28, 2011 12:37 AM

Jan 2009
Zfish9 said:
ephemeralM said:

Though as of January 28th this year, she's announced that she's fully recovered.

Happy! Lucky! Dochy! Yes! Yes! Yes!
No, no, no D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 28, 2011 3:54 AM

Aug 2010
I thought id never see the day when the anime ships keiichi x satoshi >_>; i guess i was wrong
super fanservice episode lulz o_O; lol at tomitake and the random nose bleeds during satoko's part XD
im really not fond of the OP or ED at all ._. imagine watching the first season and then going straight to this, i think my mind will probably be messed up rofl
Jul 28, 2011 2:44 PM

Dec 2010
Simonian said:

Stop told me what i can see and what not, is not your business. This part of Kira was in the original visual novel so your statement is false, seems you are here not a true Higurashi fan and i never regret something i decide to watch myself. If you want so much kills and gore only go watch Shiki.

Back on topic, good episode, liked it.

4/5
FnightsJul 28, 2011 2:51 PM
Jul 29, 2011 4:36 AM

May 2011
Fnights said:
Simonian said:

Stop told me what i can see and what not, is not your business. This part of Kira was in the original visual novel so your statement is false, seems you are here not a true Higurashi fan and i never regret something i decide to watch myself. If you want so much kills and gore only go watch Shiki.

Back on topic, good episode, liked it.

4/5

Was I saying that it was NOT in the original VN? I think you're mistaking my point here. I've played all the VNs, read the manga and watched the anime. What I'm saying is that the story progressed from being horror/mystery and psychological, to being ecchi and... damn I don't even know how to describe it, hm, shall I say bullshit?

Also, I'm not so keen on the gore part of Higurashi because if I was looking for gore, I'd probably go and watch Elfen Lied. It's the mystery aspect that always intrigued me in Higurashi so why is Ryukishi07 changing the series so fucking drastically? I've never seen such a transformation in any anime. It's like Ash Ketchum suddenly taking on the role of Light Yagami with the pokemon anime changing into something that resembles death note or Bleach. It would be so stunning no one would believe it. That's why most people were stunned when they saw the first episode of Kira.

As of now what DEEN and Ryukishi07 are doing could be called 'raping the series'. VN or not, Higurashi didn't start out as a perverted ecchi series where grown men fantasise about 12 year old girls.

Hopefuly this will explain my point of view better to you and anyone interested in it.
Jul 29, 2011 7:50 AM

Aug 2007
Zfish9 said:
ephemeralM said:

i didn't blame her for not singing dude. i said it was a bad sign. would people stop reading some kind of malicious angry content into random posts on the internet -_-
Jul 29, 2011 11:20 AM

Sep 2007
I can't believe I wasted 30 minutes of my life on that shit. Everyone involved in this production should be ashamed of themselves.
Jul 29, 2011 11:49 AM

Jun 2010
ephemeralM said:
Zfish9 said:
ephemeralM said:

i didn't blame her for not singing dude. i said it was a bad sign. would people stop reading some kind of malicious angry content into random posts on the internet -_-

I didn't say you were blaming her. I was just saying, bad sign or not, she had a reason not to sing it. I didn't read anything malicious or angry in your comment. All I did was say she had a reason.

Would people please stop assuming I'm an asshole...
Jul 29, 2011 12:41 PM

May 2010
I can only say this now: What the hell was that!?

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jul 29, 2011 4:45 PM

Oct 2008
i... wow. as a higurashi fan, i felt really offended with this first ova :|
Jul 29, 2011 6:19 PM

Mar 2009
IamOyashiro-sama said:
WTF WAS THAT? ;O

Haha alright, it was okay. I wish it had more of the Higurashi comedy feeling, but instead it feels like a different show. That's the source of my dissapointment - the fanservice was alright, but it just wasn't funny. Even though I didn't think Rei was very good, it did have me laughing a few times. In this first episode of Kira I wasn't even close to laughing. (The OP doesn't count. That did make me laugh because it's so different from the past ones. XD)

Changed my mind, I watched it a second time and I thought the references to the main story arcs was pretty funny ;P

Still needs more actual comedy though... :/
Jul 30, 2011 5:05 AM

Jul 2010
It was so bad :(
I thought it would be even a little better episode.
And I hated yaoi scene.
What did they done to my boloved Higurashi?!
Jul 30, 2011 5:08 AM

Jan 2009
Needed more Takano
Jul 30, 2011 11:01 AM

Feb 2009
Well, this sure was a retarded piece of crap. It was so bad, that I couldn't help myself but laugh and ask myself what the fuck I'm even watching.
Fanservice was hot though.
Jul 30, 2011 12:52 PM

Dec 2010
Simonian said:
Hopefuly this will explain my point of view better to you and anyone interested in it.

Don't care about your opinion because is your opinion on the show and not mine, but refrain to tell people what to watch and what not, because everyone has the right to watch a show and make a personal opinion like everyone else.
Jul 30, 2011 1:58 PM
Jun 2011
Simonian said:
Also, I'm not so keen on the gore part of Higurashi because if I was looking for gore, I'd probably go and watch Elfen Lied. It's the mystery aspect that always intrigued me in Higurashi so why is Ryukishi07 changing the series so fucking drastically? I've never seen such a transformation in any anime. It's like Ash Ketchum suddenly taking on the role of Light Yagami with the pokemon anime changing into something that resembles death note or Bleach. It would be so stunning no one would believe it. That's why most people were stunned when they saw the first episode of Kira.

You're making it sound like they stopped half way through the series and turned it into Kira. I know I'm stating the obvious but the anime has already finished. All they're doing now is milking the series for more money, and what better way to do it with fanservice. Also, what you said about people being stunned after seeing the first episode: it was fairly obvious that it was gonna be about fanservice and comedy after seeing the trailer. I don't know what the hell you were expecting.
Jul 30, 2011 2:00 PM

May 2011
Fnights said:
Simonian said:

Don't care about your opinion because is your opinion on the show and not mine, but refrain to tell people what to watch and what not, because everyone has the right to watch a show and make a personal opinion like everyone else.

Please don't kill me. I promise next time I will only tell people what they want to hear.
Jul 30, 2011 10:08 PM

Mar 2010
Got done watching it. It was not bad as most reviewers make it out to be.
4/5 for the fan service and laughs.
Jul 31, 2011 1:51 AM

May 2010
Wow. I knew that I was going to be somewhat disappointed, but not this much.
2/5
But for the lolz in the ep
2.5/5

Unfortunately, I have to drop it... But who knows. They might have something on deck that will blow my mind later on and I might get back on it... But I doubt it.
"I don't need a reason to save someone"

Kamijou Touma
Jul 31, 2011 6:07 AM

Dec 2010
Greenmeido said:
I know I'm stating the obvious but the anime has already finished. All they're doing now is milking the series for more money,...

Indeed, the joke and comedy parts are the ones left out before in the tv serie.

I promise next time I will only tell people what they want to hear.

You shouldn't tell anything in the first place, everyone watch what they want, where they want and how they want, is their damn freedom.
Jul 31, 2011 6:08 AM

Jun 2011
well, I did not expect much and yeah.. it was just fanservice and several naughty scenes.

3/5
Jul 31, 2011 8:56 AM

Jun 2010
Fnights said:
I promise next time I will only tell people what they want to hear.

You shouldn't tell anything in the first place, everyone watch what they want, where they want and how they want, is their damn freedom.

He was giving his opinion on Kira, you cannot say he shouldn't say anything. That's his damn freedom to say his opinion.

Oh wait, I always seem to forget that people on the internet are quite intolerant of opinions...
Jul 31, 2011 9:11 AM

May 2011
Fnights said:

Ahahahah oh my god, I was hoping you'd understand my sarcasm but I was obviously hoping for too much. Have a good day anyway.
Jul 31, 2011 9:44 AM
Apr 2009
it was good be not great but i did kinda like the ecchi scenes although they were Keichi daydreams and chaseing Hanyuu around in an paper kimoto[i know i spell that wrong sue me] with waterguns was the best part.over all not an bad ova

can't wait for the "magical girl" episode which next
Isn't she great she can turn off and on that Japanese crap like a annoying sister at a japanese restaurant.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favourite episode of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira?

Shiro- - Dec 3, 2012

6 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 25, 2023 2:41 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

2thuriel - Dec 20, 2011

102 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notnishiura - Nov 26, 2011

95 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:20 PM

» Watching Order

Klefki_of_Awsome - Sep 24, 2022

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Sep 25, 2022 5:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Oosran - Sep 23, 2011

121 by waalex11 »»
Jan 5, 2022 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.