Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 19, 2014 10:36 PM

Apr 2010
Hmmm slightly disappointing. Dalian is adorable though.
Jul 25, 2014 9:09 AM

Mar 2013
Moderately interesting, and nice looking + sounding. Hope it doesn't stay episodic like this for the entire series though.

It almost feels like I'm watching Battler and Dlanor A. Knox from Umineko doing stuff together in this... after all, Dlanor's seiyuu is voicing Dalian, and Battler's is voicing Huey. And they use the same type of voices as in Umineko for this. Even the atmosphere and setting reminds a bit of Umineko (western mansions, literature, etc.)
HarlequinaJul 25, 2014 9:21 AM
May 30, 2015 12:30 PM

Jun 2010
Gotta say I really hate series where there's a young man trying to figure something out and he can't do it alone. Then there's a young girl who acts like everything is obvious.
And it kinda annoys me how Huey keeps carrying estella in the middle of action. Like she couldn't walk. Annoying.

And most of all, I hate how huey reads those books several minutes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2021 1:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was more violent than the previous episode, damn this woman was crazy with the golem, but as she said it might be because of her education, fortunately the book in his pocket saved him from being stabbed :o
Nov 28, 2022 5:33 PM

Feb 2017
It was still just another okay episode.
I wish the anime just showed more instead of providing so much exposition. The audience is smart enough to not be hand-held scene-by-scene and spoon-fed explanations.

Loved when he struck down the clock tower though! One of them should have at least gotten hurt in the manor's collapse instead of being untouchable, just standing there as it's coming down, because the plot called for it. Or something (anything) to make our leads more personable. They have personalities, but they're barely utilized and they come off as robotic pieces to further the plot along from A to B.

Oof, I keep subconsciously comparing the quality of this anime to the other one I'm currently watching: Chainsaw Man. I'm getting frustrated by all the wasted potential.

I hope this is just an underwhelming adaption and that the LN's are better, but they're not translated into English so I can't check. :(
Floral_soapNov 28, 2022 5:58 PM
Jan 2, 2023 7:16 PM

Aug 2018
that escalated quickly. One moment Dalian is running from a room urging Huey to follow and literally the next second she's sitting in a chair reading a book. Threw me for a loop, the scene transition was way too abrupt. It takes so long for Huey to recite those silly incantations, meanwhile a giant monster is just standing there waiting to be struck down. When the story is so rushed as this there's no time to waste on stuff like that. Really a shame because this show has great potential but it's got all the hallmarks of a rushed adaptation. Bring back the 24 episode standard please!
Feb 12, 2023 8:25 PM
Oct 2022
I knew something was up with that chick, but HOLY HOT DAMN, she really is a red flag
That's next level Yandree shit xD
Feb 12, 2023 8:26 PM
Oct 2022
Taufiq91 said:
Yandere girl creeps me out.

Infact, she's very pefect as a yandere.

And she even has a Golem Alphonse Elric-lkalike.

that's scary.

Lol, Golem Alphone is right xD 
I got the same vibe
Apr 22, 6:48 AM

Dec 2022
There is an apparent lack of urgency, and possibly weight, to the action scenes in this anime. Every instance of violence happens without much emotional response from anyone, as if it's not even remotely out of the ordinary to be stabbed in the stomach, or have a rock golem slam through a wall with a bunch of dead maids beneath it. I understand that Hugh and Dalian are confident people, but it's unusual to see such a lack of surprise at anything that happened in this episode. Could

On the other hand, the plot and interactions are still pretty good. The crazy woman in this episode was especially entertaining, constantly spaced out or behaving in a disquieting way.

Dalian changing her hairstyle out of a childish jealousy over Hugh's apparent preference in hair was funny too. She's looking to be a more likeable tsundere than the usual examples of the archetype.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 30, 2011

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

64 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

45 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

59 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 1:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.