Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 4, 2011 2:36 AM

Apr 2007
ZakuHead said:
McRib said:
Christ that's a long time away.

Maybe during the wait some people will actually watch 0079, Zeta, ZZ, and CCA before they continue on Unicorn so they can at least understand it.

That's probably not going to happen since they'll still associate the whole "old=bad/not worth my time" ideal, so sad...

Well, I for one am working on that backlog right now (just because I wanted to watch the original Gundam stuff, not necessarily for Gundam UC.) I know 0079's story from all the games Ive played (Ill watch it eventually) and Ive already seen Zeta and ZZ (just finished.) Ill rewatch CCA next and then the current episodes of UC again and then move on to late UC stuff. After that its AU Gundam (probably Gundam X.)
Blergh.
Sep 5, 2011 8:45 AM
Nov 2009
Oh great~

I'll be waiting to watch it.
Sep 24, 2011 1:01 PM

Aug 2010
Hmm atleast the release date is confirmed, it's definitely better than nothing!
Oct 31, 2011 5:38 PM

Jul 2009
Still so far away~~~
Nov 1, 2011 11:08 PM

Jul 2008
10+ days! ("+" because of the subs)
Nov 10, 2011 2:53 AM

Oct 2008
I AM GUNDAM! Soon!!
Nov 12, 2011 11:54 AM
Feb 2009
Anyone know when Ep 4 will be on PSN? Should be today (Nov 12 2011) right?
Nov 12, 2011 12:01 PM

Nov 2008
masurao said:
Anyone know when Ep 4 will be on PSN? Should be today (Nov 12 2011) right?

It's only 5:02 AM in Japan, try in 4 hours.

Nov 12, 2011 12:09 PM
Feb 2009
True true, thanks =)
Nov 12, 2011 3:00 PM
Nov 2011
hmm yeah. But if you are feeling impatient you can watch the first 6 mins at: http://www.gundam-unicorn.net/en/
Nov 12, 2011 6:42 PM
Sep 2011
give me gundam unicorn or give me death.
Nov 12, 2011 11:32 PM
Nov 2011
Turn A shows all the predecessors' actual anime footage as part of the story element, Tomino meant it for it to be ten thousand yrs after UC and AU timelines. MSG(0079), 8th MS Team, MSG0080(WITP), MSG0083(SDM), Zeta, Superior Gundam(Sentinel Story line), ZZ, CC, Unicorn, then came Hathaway's Flash, F91 after that, and then CBone, then Victory. FYI ZZ still exist in CBone and Victory, it's called the Gump in CBone and Judau uses alias Grey Stoke, later revealed in Victory Gundam to be the ZZ. So that's the perfect example of if you neglect past story line there some key elements that you will not understand or miss in the future one. And missing ZZ will leave you in dark about certain character background such as Marida Cruz, which came from a key story element in ZZ.
Nov 15, 2011 9:07 PM
Nov 2011
Just had to voice my opinion. Sorry, everybody for bumping a potentially cOld topic. Yeah, I didn't check to find out. Someone mentioned reading summaries?

go to hell.

okay, it's not that serious. But in all honesty, those will never be anywhere close to a substitute of a substitute for the actual thing. ever. Watch the episodes. Take the time and dedication for your favorite anime. Because I know it will all be worth it. You'll know so much more and understand more about why Gundam is so genuine compared to other animes. I'd say it is among the most deep 'well-known' animes out there.

Along with Evangelion. I am not much of an anime person since a lot of animes are novelty and trivial and have hardly any meaning other then to entertain viewers. Of course that is the goal of every anime but Gundam goes about it in ways that make you think. And when you compare the world of Gundam to that of our own you really see the messages it sends. Tomino is a Godsend and I am so grateful for anime like Gundam.

Back to what I was saying. You will never be able to watch just the compilations either. Watch the full anime. Buy them. Find them on anime websites. Whatever. Just watch them. I'm currently flying through U.C. series in anticipation for my most awaited game for the past year: Gundam Extreme Vs. So I truly understand the sentiment. I've watched Zeta Gundam: A new translation etc and the series is just all-around better. I enjoy every episode so much. I can't believe I am just now watching it.

I'm a hyper Gundam fan if you guys didn't guess it. So I probably just sound like a squealing fanboy of sorts. But I am also known to speak the truth. Opinion is everything but I'm sure, from first-hand experience, that summaries/compilations will never be a substitute for the full experience.
Nov 19, 2011 7:02 PM
Nov 2011
Just want to say that I found an ENGLISH dub of Episode 4 off of demonoid... Great quality, full episode. So idk what the hold up is...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

69 by Jin_uzuki »»
14 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 9 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.