Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 24, 2008 12:21 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow what a way to go...

...i sense a bad end in this future

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Aug 20, 2008 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
Gotta say, This is the most confused I've ever been with the series, watching this episode. Half way through my mind started going blank so I had to watch scenes more than once to process it. I feel sorry for Raul, having died that way, right before meeting Pino.
So we finally get some straight-to-facts dialogue this episode. Let's keep it going for the final act~
Oct 22, 2008 10:44 PM

Jan 2008
;__; Raul and Pino...

Nov 10, 2008 4:35 AM

Oct 2008
And the answers coming to me... Only one for the final.
Nov 11, 2008 12:50 AM

Jan 2008
good but sad episode in a way.
Jan 28, 2009 8:12 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I feel like some confusion has been taken off my mind, good episode. Really looking forward to the final.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 29, 2009 3:15 AM

Jun 2008
Raul died in a really sad way :(
May 23, 2009 5:38 PM

Dec 2008
Raul has always been a dick, but I somehow feel sorry for him.
Jun 1, 2009 5:04 PM
May 2009
Talvi said:

I agree.

but ... it's still kinda confusing for me, but finally more is known.
Daedalus wanted Re-l only for himself - ho selfish :<
aaand ... really. I think the only person Raul had loved was Pino );
Jun 1, 2009 8:29 PM

May 2008
anciah said:

I agree.

but ... it's still kinda confusing for me, but finally more is known.
Daedalus wanted Re-l only for himself - ho selfish :<
aaand ... really. I think the only person Raul had loved was Pino );

Raul's story was really heart breaking. Imagine having seen your family murdered in front of you, your child (Pino) taken by the very person you believe was the killer. Now I can understand why his obsession to capture or kill Vincent was personal, in the end it messed his mind pretty badly. He kinda lost it in the later episodes but you'd empathize with Raul's plight. I was hoping that he'd be re-united with Pino even though temporarily but his fate was much cruel. He was not given that chance to see his "daughter"one last time and Raul is one of the many tragedies of this anime.
"We practice selective annihilation of mayors and government officials, for example, to create a vacuum, then we fill that vacuum. As popular war advances, peace is closer"
Jun 3, 2009 8:32 PM

Dec 2008
oh so that's proxy one. lol i off last thread. glad this episode cleared up some plot knots.

ergo ripping off his hand and growing a new one. that was epic.

i wonder why ergo freaked out at the end of the episode.
Jul 28, 2009 11:02 AM

Nov 2008
I love this show, really.

Daedalus is one sick puppy. The show has done a good job of making me hate him, which I guess makes him a good character. And he killed poor Raul. It's good justice that even the new Re-l is thinking of other guys, which is exactly what Daedalus can't seem to stand, why he made a second Re-l in the first place.

I am hoping for an optimistic ending to the series, but I know these shows don't always wrap up in a nice little bow. I have to be somewhere in less than an hour, but I have time to squeeze in the last episode if I start right now. <_< I can't stop here.
Nov 22, 2009 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
Aw, Raul. That was a really bad death. >.<

Watching the last episode NOW.
May 7, 2010 4:07 AM

Mar 2009
What an awesome episode *-*
I didnt think that i would sorry for Raul's death. I wanted Pino to see her papa once again. :(
May 12, 2010 11:38 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode. I liked the way that God is suggested to be incomplete thus we are incomplete and that He isn't omnipotent (as it never actually states in The Bible that God is omnipotent) since the whole series has religious undertones. It was sad to see Raul die in such a pathetic way but he lost his raison d'etre. I'm not completely sure about this final plot twist but I recall the episode with the bookshop having the Proxy with that same voice.
May 23, 2010 4:30 PM

Mar 2010
Vincent Proxy see himself...
Ergo Proxy~
... hmmm

a just love this strange Anime :->
Aug 25, 2010 3:14 PM

Dec 2008
Raul's death was...harsh!!
So is Vincent Law both Ergo Proxy and Proxy I? WTH???
Sep 25, 2010 3:08 PM

Jan 2010
Poor Raul D:. I had hoped that he'd see Pino before dying. What a cruel horrible way to die.

AT the beginning of the series, I sympathized with Daedalus and despised Raul, but now I feel completely different about them -.-. Daedalus deserves what he gets >:[

I wonder who exactly that Proxy is, was Ergo Proxy and Vincent really just a puppet of the real guy himself? I think it's kind of funny that the door to the "real god" was behind Donov Mayer the whole time.
Nov 6, 2010 3:16 PM

Aug 2010
Up to this point things are PRETTY confusing. I wish i had a mind like Re-l right now....

Might have to rewatch this series again in the future.
Nov 13, 2010 2:35 AM
Jun 2008
Talvi said:
#
QFT. He died in a really pathetic way.
Dec 7, 2010 3:15 AM

Oct 2009
Raul D:
Man...finally a lot of the questions answered only a few remain ;)
Onto the last one :|
Dec 27, 2010 4:58 AM

Dec 2010
Raul's death reminded me of "Ghost", at least we know he cared about Pino after all : )

I think this is deserving of another story-arc... but I suppose it's left up to the imagination?

Great series!

QQQQ!!!
Feb 7, 2011 1:12 PM

Apr 2009
Oh come on Raul deserved a better death than that one, well at least that's what I think so. :( The statues reciting the opening quote for this series was kinda fitting in this penultimate episode.

I'm already sad before seeing the last episode, I'm gonna miss Pino... and the great mindfuck I went in this series. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 2, 2011 5:16 PM
Jul 2009
I don't know what to say. A really exciting episode and I really have to see the next one now. The bed can wait!
Apr 18, 2011 1:33 AM
Mar 2011
even the clone of Re-l tried to save Vincent ;x
May 21, 2011 3:04 AM
Jan 2010
That many questions and only one episode to go.
Ergo Proxy sure did look scared as sh*t in the end :p
Dec 13, 2011 9:18 PM
Aug 2011
I can't stand that Raul didn't get to see Pino before he died. It's good that Re-l finally decided she likes Vincent. I'm really hoping this has a good (happy) ending, but I'm not optimistic.
I started Bleach, but I drowned in the ocean of filler
Dec 31, 2011 6:36 PM

Nov 2011
This was a real sad episode. The thing that was the hardest to watch was Re-L being in love with Vincent. I am going to attempt to review this anime at the end, I've never reviewed an anime before. This is a very deistic episode, God created the world then abandoned it. I understand that. However He came back.
Mar 30, 2012 9:01 PM

Mar 2012
Anyone watching these moments, any some point, would really like for Raul to meet with Pino...That's was a really sad, unlikeable end but this anime isn't those rainbow and sunshines anime, that's how life works. Sometimes people die before they managed to fulfill their last wishes, sometimes people you care breath their final moments and you're not there. Even after all that, life goes on.
Fan of mature, dark, non-cutesy school uniformed choked fan service BS anime.
Aug 28, 2012 5:34 PM

May 2012
Well up to the last episode, didn't really liked this anime so far other than a couple episodes, well let's see how it will end!
Oct 23, 2012 12:47 PM

May 2010
Zell182 said:
Great episode. I liked the way that God is suggested to be incomplete thus we are incomplete and that He isn't omnipotent (as it never actually states in The Bible that God is omnipotent) since the whole series has religious undertones. It was sad to see Raul die in such a pathetic way but he lost his raison d'etre. I'm not completely sure about this final plot twist but I recall the episode with the bookshop having the Proxy with that same voice.

This..

Another Ergo Proxy showing at the end somewhat made some sense.

Unto the finale.
Oct 27, 2012 1:44 AM

Oct 2012
I felt very sad...Raul dying in that awful way....
Also so much confusion out..
Time for the end
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Nov 10, 2012 12:01 AM

Aug 2012
too bad for raul
Jan 2, 2013 2:54 AM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode.
BTW, the name of this episode is "bilbul" which means "confusion" in hebrew.
Jan 12, 2013 10:56 AM

Mar 2012
Actually sad at Raul's death, he didn't get to see Pino one last time
That whole part with Pino saying she can experience happiness and sadness and missing her dad and asking if he missed her too was too much! T^T
Feb 3, 2013 5:27 AM

Jan 2012
A bit sad about Raul. Anyway, great episode. I wonder how it will end.

Feb 24, 2013 11:57 PM

May 2012
Heh, I really can't understand how so many of you are confused. The last 6 episodes or so have really been the least confusing of all of them.

Either way onto the finale, hoping that it does justice to the rest of the show, I really enjoyed this.
Mar 10, 2013 4:31 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Even though I dislike Raul, I agree his ending was way too heartbreaking. He did try his best for the city, but in the end, seeing his wife and child die and then Pino going away screwed up his mind. I shed a few tears when he died, especially seeing the tears on his face while his hand seemed to reaching for the drawing Pino made. If only Pino had stayed a little longer at the apartment...

And whaaat? Another Ergo Proxy? Well actually, it makes sense...that Ergo Proxy's voice is the same as the one we heard from the bookstore episode. That voice that gave me a headache to listen to ._. Hm, I definitely like the religious themes in this anime as Zell182 mentioned.
May 23, 2013 10:48 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, didn't see that coming.
Jul 8, 2013 1:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
What an end for Raul there. And Daedalus is a total douche.

I wonder who Monad is then? Is it Re-L?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 14, 2013 6:13 PM
Jan 2011
Im bringing in some of the things i noticed to sort out the confusing storyline. Some things were already pointed out. here i go:

Proxy One
- He has been controlling (deceiving) Vincent (and everyone else) the whole time.
- He killed Regent, not Ergo. It was Proxy One that ripped his hand off. Its clear from the flashes during Re-L's realization that there is a mastermind behind all this.
- He killed the Amnesia guy in Mosc. back then he was too quiet and the same goes for when he appeared in the previous episode. He didnt say a word during the whole time!
- voice : We heard his voice in the bookstore episode where he was manipulating Vincent (for what reason i dont know). Also, when he was killing the regent he was laughing and it was the same voice. That was not Vincent, im sure of it now.

Monad
- Saved Daedalus by deflecting the bullet when Raul was going to shot him. She didnt do it for him though... This is solid confirmation that white Re-L is Monad and that she is a Proxy.

Daedalus
- He could be thought of as losing his mind. but is it like that? Raul points out that he continues to look away from reality and escapes to his dreamworld with his Re-L substitute. The truth is he was never looking at the world. He was attempting to create his perfect Re-L since. He also put the AWD (or something) plan into action despitete crazy risks. He never cared about anything other than his ideal Re-L which is his reason for living.
Daedalus answers to Raul "Fellow citizens, throw things away". This all means that it is not he the insane one, but the whole Romdo philosophy. He is simply finally living the 'fellow citizen' way of life. Who cares about tomorrow.

Raul
- Daedalus points out Raul's role is over and is an eyesore. The way he is trying to persist is not beautiful anymore. He hits the nail.
Raul: "I will not give in to depravity."
Twisted as it sounds, Raul is perhaps the most sane of them all, still trying to end Romdo's dependancy on its creator.
Well, in his last moments, his deepest desire comes to surface as he gives up on the fight and shifts his remaining focus on Pino.

Id like to conclude the personalities of these two great characters:

Raul
is the perfectionist looking for a elegant solution to problems in front of him. He seeks the big picture and tries to gain control. Not for anyone's sake really. He is a man of principle, determined to finish things through. When faced with a hopeless situation, he continues to struggle. He doesnt give in to despair and fights to correct the wrongs in the world. Correct that which goes against his principle.
In a way he is a slave of his principality.
His reason of existence is to bring order into the chaos.

Daedalus
Is much more self centered that Raul. He is more aware and focused on his ultimate goal than any other character in the show. He knows what he wants, never reveals it to anyone and is slowly working to realize his ideal dream. He doesnt care about anything unrelated to his goal.
Compared to Raul, who has broad principles and lives by them to fulfill them, Daedalus is narrowly focused individual able to live for a single small thought. He blocks any outside elements that could discrupt him by concentrating on his perfect ideal that he works on so much to bring to reality. Relatively speaking he doesnt have anything. He throws everything away because nothing real can measure up to his ideal. Its sad if you think about it.
His reason of existence is to create the tiny piece of his ideal for himself to live in an eternal happiness.

I find the characters well thought out ad interesting to observe. I admire Raul's touch for abstract elegance, but at the same time i have a hard time resisting Daedalus's ability to focus on his treasure.
sspitJul 14, 2013 6:59 PM
Aug 18, 2013 9:50 AM

Jun 2012
Raul acted like a dick a lot of the time, but he's probably one of the more realistic characters in the show. He's not all good, but he's not all bad either. Watching his family get slaughtered with his own eyes probably played a big part in why he has such an abrasive personality. As we saw clearly in this episode, ultimately he just wanted to be happy, and dying the way he did was a very sad and unfortunate way to go.

So, Re-l and Ergo are both on the rooftop of the administrative building (or whatever it is), and they're facing off against what I can only assume to be Proxy One. There's only one more episode left, I wonder what will happen to Pino. I'd be disappointed if she spontaneously vanished during the last episode, as even though she never really did anything important, she still had a big presence and deserves a part in the final scenes.

Also, I used to think Daedalus was cool, but after this episode I hate him. I always knew he had an obsession with Re-l, but I didn't know he had an ulterior motive. The first time I saw the Re-l clone, I thought he created it because the real Re-l was gone and he couldn't stand not being around her. While it would be an understatement to say that cloning someone because you miss them is obsessive, I was somewhat OK with it initially, because I understood that Daedalus was always kind of an oddball. Now I know that the real reason he cloned Re-l is because he couldn't stand her leaving to be with Vincent, and now he's starting to get fed up with his clone because she also wants to see Vincent as well. Daedalus is one sad, bitter person. (Also, his clone killed Raul! WTF?)
LarasoAug 18, 2013 10:04 AM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Oct 4, 2013 2:32 AM

Feb 2013
Ugh ive started to hate Daedalus ever since he made that Re-L clone,hes been such a little douche,last ep and this ep just made me wanna punch him. Then when Raul pulled the gun to his head I was like YES DO IT! But alas Rhaul was the one to be shot...I really hope Daedalus dies before this ends.

Rhauls end was terribly sad I was really hoping he would get to see Pino before he died, poor guy at first I hated him but I grew to understand him as the series went on.

Oh and theres 2 Vincents, now im confused as hell lol. Although it was hinted at in the game show ep, its crazy how Re-L figured it all out, she really is a smart one. Looking forward to seeing how this all wraps up in the next ep.
Nov 5, 2013 3:42 PM

Nov 2009
So . . . I guess that would be Proxy #0? Or perhaps Proxy #1 (in which case it would seem that Ergo lost his amulet) . . . Anyways, guessing that proxy is the true creator (also I feel the the Proxies themselves were created, in other words, whoever made them would be the god, no?)
Nov 10, 2013 11:49 PM

Oct 2013
Dem feels at Pino's monologue as Raul dies....Carrying that drawing in his hand....so sad.

The of split personalities and physical bodies in this show is just off the charts. Its so hard to keep track of the characters when they disappearing and materialising in other places, especially when two of them are doing it at once...
gr8 show tho :D
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 1, 2013 8:53 PM

Nov 2013
I feel REALLY bad that Raul died in such a slow and painful death. Just goes to show that Daedalus really is a mean dick.

Mar 2, 2014 7:26 AM

Sep 2013
At first I didn't like Raul Creed too much but understanding his past and seeing him this way really changed my view on him ,I really hoped that he had saw Pino one last time before dying ;_; , So it's certain that Vincent Law/Ergo Proxy is the creator of Romdeau , and turns out to be an 'Imperfect God' thus abandoning Romdeau and creating another personality (Vince) to forget about all he had done? (Creating an imperfect city like himself)?? Yeah I'm a little confused but hopefully everything will make more sense in the final episode , It's sucks to know that i'm at the end of a really great show
Apr 11, 2014 4:33 PM

Mar 2014
Nice! I really liked the directing and the overall tone of this episode. Also, what a twist at the end!

I don't get why people are so confused. Sure, there was a lot of exposition, but they explained pretty much every question I had with the series.
There's only a few things left unanswered. Hopefully they address them in the final episode.
::End of Transmission::

May 22, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2013
At first i liked Daedalus and hated Raul,but now it's opposite.

Nov 27, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
Everyone are just dying here Rondo is finished
PS proxy one and Vincent looks like Vash the Stampede from Trigun, with his spiky hair and red cloack
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

71 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 12:23 AM

» Ergo Proxy Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aokaado - Dec 27, 2006

236 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.