Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 23, 2008 10:34 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
alot of answers from the past gets answered here.

...as usual the screen is as black as ever.
...so was that a dream or a flashback, or another personality?

Cant wait for next ep!

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Oct 17, 2008 5:59 PM

Jan 2008
Wasted_Life said:
Haha, true, true.
Exciting episode, a lil clone?
Nov 11, 2008 12:14 AM

Jan 2008
Many questions are answered but it creates bigger questions at the same time. That's exiting!
Nov 25, 2008 10:03 AM

Jun 2008
so that was not a dream he really killed his memories.
Jun 1, 2009 6:55 AM
May 2009
soooo ... that rocket (or whatever it was) hit Mosque and it's because Raul, right? and Re-l's grandfather is driving me crazy. he's quiet all the time. is he alive ?
why does he have to cry all the time ?
what the hell !!!! sooo ... why is there Re-l ? is it a clone ?
nnnnoooooo !! so many questions ! I am so confused ;( !!
Jun 1, 2009 2:38 PM

Dec 2008
Ranivus said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
alot of answers from the past gets answered here.

...so was that a dream or a flashback, or another personality?

Cant wait for next ep!

i think you mean questions. or do you mean that the answers given before were so obscure that the answers given here cleared it up?

i think it was probably ergo that either didn't want vincent to know something important about himself or monad.

I'm just gonna assume that that mini re-l is a clone. there is a possibility re-l(bitchy princess one) is also a clone.

Raul Creed said:
dub: he's starting to crack
sub: he's starting to lose it

heh agreed.
he says it in a more funny way in the dub lol
enkilJun 1, 2009 2:46 PM
Jun 1, 2009 3:00 PM
May 2009
nooooo ! Re-l clones D; ! one is enough !
Jun 1, 2009 5:28 PM

Dec 2008
anciah said:
nooooo ! Re-l clones D; ! one is enough !

heh, lol.

on another note, now that i remember. mini re-l looks exactly like the little girl re-l saw at the end of her dream in episode 10.
Jul 27, 2009 8:53 AM

Nov 2008
Daedalus has problems. Making a clone = creepy

I thought Raul was killed at the end of episode 17, but obviously that's not the case! But he still launched the nuke at Mosque, right? That didn't seem to accomplish a whole lot.
Nov 21, 2009 6:55 AM

Aug 2009
LOL
Daedalus feels so lonely that he creates a Re-L clone.

Poor Amnesia auto-rave. :'(
May 10, 2010 3:19 PM

Jul 2009
So Daedalus is a proper mental now, and Ergo Proxy really did destroy his memories but as for why, well I guess we'll find out (I hope)
Jul 1, 2010 8:06 PM

Mar 2009
This was a phenomenal episode, ranking up there with 11 so far as my favorite. Did a great job with both giving us answers and creating questions and suspense. Also, the the Blade Runner-like route it's taking with Vincent's memories (combined with the actual reference) was excellent.
Aug 25, 2010 1:12 PM

Dec 2008
Oh my goddess, now Daedalus has come undone!!
Oct 3, 2010 4:29 AM

Nov 2009
Poor amnesia autoreiv ):
Oct 6, 2010 1:46 PM
Mar 2010
enkil said:

on another note, now that i remember. mini re-l looks exactly like the little girl re-l saw at the end of her dream in episode 10.

i thought so too. though i wonder why itd be so far from Rondo or outside.
so many more questions. and that grandfather is probably not even alive.
great episode
Nov 6, 2010 12:55 PM

Aug 2010
I had a feeling that rocket was headed to Mosk. Look at Raul strong intentions to destroy Vincent only chance to regain his lost memories.
Nov 12, 2010 5:32 AM
Jun 2008
Mini Re-L is creepy - Daedalus is really obsessive lol.

Poor Amnesia ;o;
Dec 7, 2010 12:01 AM

Oct 2009
It wasn't Ergo that destroyed his memories and killed Amnesia, i think it was Proxy One from ep 15, his face nor hair looked like Ergo...
Feb 7, 2011 12:22 AM

Apr 2009
kisarachan said:
Daedalus is really obsessive lol.

He did say several episodes earlier that the existence of Re-l is one of the two of his raison d'être, the other is the Proxy Monad he was studying.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 25, 2012 12:47 AM

Aug 2009
Wow! And I thought Raul had met his end in the last episode. Unexpectedly he is reinstated. I wonder why. Is it because he shares the sorrows of the Regents plight? Raul is seeing doubles of Vincent. Has he gone mad? What happened to the "Rapture" weapon he had launched earlier? Did it hit some other city? And when did Ergo proxy kill his own memories? Recently while asleep or long ago before he left Mosque? Their search for answers leads them back to Romdeau. My search for answers leads to more questions.

So far my speculation is that Daedalus is working on cloning Proxies, specifically Monad Proxy who is none other than Re'l. Who is the real "Re'l"?
Aug 28, 2012 4:40 PM

May 2012
Decent episode but I lost interest again...
Oct 21, 2012 10:28 AM

May 2010
I thought Raul ended his story in the previous episode, and instead, got reinstated in this episode.
And I liked how Kristeva becomes Raul's entourage again within that short span of time. lol
What happened to the rocket that was launched earlier? Where did it hit? O.o
I still don't know if Vincent's just dreaming or what. Poor auto-riev though.
And a mini-Lil appears. Now, that's another mystery.
Oct 25, 2012 1:08 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode answered some questions
Other questions arise

Is it in the pas that he destroyed the Proxy or is there another Vincent who did it..Gonna find out :D
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Dec 16, 2012 2:12 PM

Dec 2012
Is the proxy that killed amnesia autoreiv Vincent from the past ? Or is it another Proxy ? What is going with the new Re-l ? Which one is the clone ? Why there are two necklaces ? How should i refer to 'awakening' ? I need answers ! Now !
Feb 2, 2013 5:10 PM

Jan 2012
Daedalus is a damn freak, keeping Re-l's copies...

Mar 10, 2013 2:14 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
What the, more ambiguous dreams/memories/reality? o_O I'm pretty sure that was Ergo Proxy because the clothes and hair are the same. Also, we've already seen Ergo Proxy shed tears since that first episode and other times. So...did he awaken as Ergo Proxy and went to kill off Amnesia? Hm, but if that really happened, shouldn't there be a hole in the wall where Ergo Proxy punched? Instead, there was the word, "awakening." Creeepy.

Speaking of creepy, Daedalus is pretty weird for making a clone of Re-l, unless there really are more than one clone o_o I don't even know. He's gone mental, and so had Raul. Raul's hallucinations of Vincent is pretty alarming.
Mar 15, 2013 5:40 AM

Mar 2013
tingy said:
I'm pretty sure that was Ergo Proxy because the clothes and hair are the same. Also, we've already seen Ergo Proxy shed tears since that first episode and other times. So...did he awaken as Ergo Proxy and went to kill off Amnesia?
I have a feeling that was Proxy One, seeing as there was another necklace. And also, I think the mask that Ergo always wears was missing from that scene... Not entirely positive though.

Ah, as usual, this series is creating more questions than it answers. But it still manages to be interesting.
Apr 11, 2013 8:35 PM

Dec 2012
Well, I'm hoping I'm not spoiling so here we go. I think that Proxy 1 was the one that killed amnesia because he does not answer amnesia when he enters the room. Plus from ep. 15 they explained the features of Proxy 1. They both seem to look alike. Now that I think about it..Proxy 1 reminds me of Dracula.
May 23, 2013 5:29 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode again.
I never expected to like this series so much.
Jul 5, 2013 2:26 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That looked like the Proxy One guy we saw some episodes ago. Are he and Ergo Proxy what must not be divided? And is Re'L just another in a series of clones or is she the real deal?

This is a great and intelligent series.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 13, 2013 5:53 PM
Jan 2011
im rewatching this series after a long while and solving the same questions as i was solving before, and the same as everyone else now

here are my thoughts:

- i too think it was Proxy One killing the Amnesia guy. He was suspiciously quiet and i think Vincent was just sleeping the whole time. Also the previous description: cries a lot. Hmm...

- The rupture. Its a thermonuclear weapon stored from long time ago. Raul expresses his distaste at the decision to store something like that. My opinion is, that he wasnt destroying anything with the rocket, anything other that the rocket itself. He clearly wants to get Romdo out of the mess and has no reason to do anything like firing missiles at random cities.

- That Mosco dome was destroyed long time ago, most probably by Romdo. It wasnt Rau'ls rupture missile at the beginning of the episode.

- During the explosion in the beginning of the episode, we see a guy (most probably a proxy) crying or lamenting i dont know. I think it was actually Vincent and the event that made him want to erase his memories.

- Daedalus says the little Re-L is the real one. For some reason i believe him. It appears like he managed to resurrect the dead (?) Monad who was supposedly killed by Vincent/Ergo Proxy shortly before he escaped Romdo. That would mean the Re-L we know is a clone of Monad.

- Lastly, little Re-L is carrying a ball of thread (yarn?). Anyone wondering what that means? Maybe its an analogy to her being the key to solving all of this.

PS: little Re-L is so cute
Sep 22, 2013 3:10 PM

Jun 2012
my guess is that was proxy one destroying the memories. What relation they all have to each other i know not. Perhaps if vince gets his memories back he will end the world, he is the proxy of death after all xD proxy of death going insane would probably never end well...

Guess i'll just have to wait and see, i seriously hope we actually get straight answers and not some stupid mess of pure speculation, i.e. lain. because so far this is a great series and i dont want it to be spoiled.

Seems like the next episode is gonna be another of the weird ass episodes...

I love how when i look at proxy one under characters for the listing of the series, there is nothing there, but a spoiler tag LOL This is killing me!!!
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 25, 2013 6:16 PM

Jan 2012
one thing i have to give credit to the show for is that every question i have had has been answered but has left me guessing for a while in order for me to try and figure it out, loved this episode this series has really gone up in my estimations!
Nov 5, 2013 6:32 AM

Nov 2009
The leaders of Romdeau or however that is spelt are rather . . . Whimsical. They were just like, "You want something different, well whatever, try it." . . . Anyways it's funny how after that long journey all they learned was that the answer was where they started.
Mar 11, 2014 10:31 PM

Jan 2013
SithNoKami said:
It wasn't Ergo that destroyed his memories and killed Amnesia, i think it was Proxy One from ep 15, his face nor hair looked like Ergo...

I thought so too..
The question is, who is Proxy One?
And I already stated before, there might be two Re-l's (or multiple, who knows lol).
Damn, the next episode is another weird one.
I wonder how much painful Vincent's memories are.
A brilliant episode nonetheless.
5/5
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 17, 2014 9:08 PM
Jul 2012
Starting to make sense in this episode.

Even though this episode feels weird by that little girl who thinks the guy is Re-i's replacement. She does looks similar by the face by Re-i.

So, Mond and Vincent are two different personalities I guess?

4.5/5 good episode.
May 22, 2014 1:06 AM

Oct 2013
On to the next 1.

Nov 27, 2014 11:30 AM

Jul 2013
sspit said:

Really interesting thoughts I can agree with them all, now just need to finish series and see how it ends.

There are too many fake people in this series, but i think they all can save rondo from collapsing.
Dec 30, 2014 3:08 AM

Jun 2013
Alright now I'm really confused lol. Was that Vincent that killed the autoreiv or was it another proxy? People say it's Proxy One but I think it was Vincent in his Ergo Proxy state without the mask. How do I know? Because that message "Awakening" was in one of the earlier episodes after Vincent broke in Re'L's house in his Ergo Proxy form. We'll find out soon enough anyway, whether I'm right or wrong that is.
Jan 1, 2016 2:26 PM

Aug 2014
This episode was interesting , lets see where this goes .
Feb 4, 2016 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
What the heck.. came all the way here just to head back there.
Now there's the little Re-l hahaha so cute.
Jul 27, 2016 7:47 PM

Jun 2016
Wait I am confused, people are saying there were questions answered in this episode... which questions were those exactly? They traveled all the way there, and now they have to go all the back already? 0_0
Sep 15, 2016 3:26 AM

Mar 2010
Seens re-l isnt vincents counterpart as a proxy but monad is..

Vincent killed his memories so ergo must be hiding something

Re-L cloned (who would want that anyways) tho i suspect the re-L we keep seeing might be a clone as well who knows
Oct 22, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2010
Come to think of it, where is God in this show? Not the physical location, but with the talk of God in this particular episode, as well as the repeated portrayals of religious imagery, I don't think a sense of religion has ever been talked about in this anime. I've seen it used to portray a sense of identity, but the show itself doesn't go into the idea of religion or beliefs. What presence does God have in this anime? Why is the name brought up so often? If the Proxies are supposed to be proxies of God, then are the Proxies literal proxies of various aspects of humanity, which are then supposed to constitute a singular whole - thereby representing God? Is this anime supposed to be a metaphor of the human psyche, comprised of a number of psychological structural components that are constantly battling each other to form a singular identity? Is this supposed to represent the destruction of the image of God - the death of God's image in the eyes of man, whom were formed by that same image?

Or is it just a load of crock? I dunno.
Nov 14, 2016 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
Shocked said:
Come to think of it, where is God in this show? Not the physical location, but with the talk of God in this particular episode, as well as the repeated portrayals of religious imagery, I don't think a sense of religion has ever been talked about in this anime. I've seen it used to portray a sense of identity, but the show itself doesn't go into the idea of religion or beliefs. What presence does God have in this anime? Why is the name brought up so often? If the Proxies are supposed to be proxies of God, then are the Proxies literal proxies of various aspects of humanity, which are then supposed to constitute a singular whole - thereby representing God? Is this anime supposed to be a metaphor of the human psyche, comprised of a number of psychological structural components that are constantly battling each other to form a singular identity? Is this supposed to represent the destruction of the image of God - the death of God's image in the eyes of man, whom were formed by that same image?

Or is it just a load of crock? I dunno.

It does indeed seem representative of a real phenomenon. The collective unconscious is one aspect of "god" as we have come to call it, but at some point (I would imagine during the latter half) of the Christian age, this concept was corrupted by men imprinting themselves as individuals on the face of god. Think of a proxy as "an agent of god", in other words, "an agent of the collective unconscious" of any given people, and by extension the natural order of all life. Because such a person would bear the responsibility of "ushering in a new age", they will naturally be vilified by those who still cling to the current age, and by extension the status quo.

Link this into "the great year", the galactic year known to astrologers as being represented by 12 signs ("great months"), just as a regular year. We are in transition between the age of Pisces (the fish, which Jesus symbolises), and the age of Aquarius ("On the Winter Solstice the sun enters Capricorn. The Sun then passes through Capricorn, traveling 30 degrees in 30 days, to reach Aquarius at "age 30". Entering Aquarius is the first big event of the journey. Jesus is said to have begun his ministry at age 30 (Luke 3:23). Jesus begins his ministry by visiting John the Baptist (Aquarius, water bearer), who baptises with water.").

As crazy as it sounds, it shouldn't be too surprising that the planets in our solar system affect us in matters other than gravity - from a purely material perspective alone, they're much larger than our individual selves. To elaborate more on the ages, Jesus is the son of god (the sun god), and died on the cross before being resurrected 3 days later (representing how the sun appeared to be stationary at the southern crux/cross in the sky for 3 days). Jesus was also known as the "lamb of god", because his death represented the end of the age of Aries (the Ram). 2000 before this, a similar thing happened when Moses called for bull sacrifice (the ending of the age of Taurus).
May 18, 2017 5:14 PM

Jun 2013
Aww geez, Vincent. He was just legit depressed in this episode. Time for some good-old backtracking, I guess.

I never thought I could be more weirded out by Daedalus than Raul. There's a first time for everything.

If the warhead had hit Mosque just the day before, wouldn't the impact site still be at least somewhat warm? A hydrogen bomb releases an insane amount of energy, so it's just a little odd to me that there was no residual heat left. But maybe it's just counter-intuitive and, even in real life, it would be able to cool down to ambient temperature in just one day.
LeeTailorMay 18, 2017 5:20 PM
Jul 13, 2017 1:58 AM
Jul 2016
Good catch guys, I completely forgot about Proxy 1. I didn't think it was anything significant but everything points to it being Proxy 1 who killed Amnesia. As per the description in eps 15;

1) "got Vincent on their mind" - That's why he knows about the chamber containing Vincent's memories
2) "prone to tears" - self explanatory, he cries when destroying Amnesia
3) "keeps their mouth shut for some reason" - he didn't speak a word to Amnesia

My guess is that Proxy 1 & Ergo Proxy were once one entity and the awakening is when they return to being one.

LeeTailor said:
If the warhead had hit Mosque just the day before, wouldn't the impact site still be at least somewhat warm? A hydrogen bomb releases an insane amount of energy, so it's just a little odd to me that there was no residual heat left. But maybe it's just counter-intuitive and, even in real life, it would be able to cool down to ambient temperature in just one day.

It goes back to what sspilt was saying;

sspit said:

- The rupture. Its a thermonuclear weapon stored from long time ago. Raul expresses his distaste at the decision to store something like that. My opinion is, that he wasnt destroying anything with the rocket, anything other that the rocket itself. He clearly wants to get Romdo out of the mess and has no reason to do anything like firing missiles at random cities.

- That Mosco dome was destroyed long time ago, most probably by Romdo. It wasnt Rau'ls rupture missile at the beginning of the episode.

I was thinking it was strange for that and other reasons.

For one they were getting very close to Mosk. Perhaps only a hundred miles away or less. Even at that distance some effects of a thermonuclear weapon exploding would have been very noticeable to them such as the fireball. The fact that there were no fires or heat is important but even more of a concern is radiation levels.

The whole time I was thinking how screwed Re-l was. Vincent might of been ok since he was a Proxy and of course Pino is a machine but Re-l is just human(as far as we know). She would be dead within a day or two after being exposed to all that radiation at the blast site. Now she may not be aware that such an explosion would cause high radiation levels, she called the ballistic missile "The Light" after all. But you figure that she would of detected it with her scanner, like she detected the toxic chemicals in a previous episode, or Pino would detect higher radiation levels. And for a show that's as scientifically accurate as Ergo Proxy is, it made no sense that they would forget or ignore this important consideration. UNLESS the explosion(s) that destroyed Mosk happened long ago and the radiation levels were no longer a threat.

It seems quite clear that the missile Raul launched did not hit Mosk but some other location. Either Raul intentionally missed Mosk possibly for the reasons sspilt stated. Or the information he was given about Mosk's location from the broadcast in episode 15 was intentionally misleading. Which means he might be thinking Vincent is dead from the nuke and he's in for one hell of a surprise.

Re-l also said that Mosk looks like it had been that way for quite a while. At first I thought she was just trying to keep Vincent from finding out Rondo had destroyed Mosk and getting angry about it, but everything we see confirms her statement, the explosion did not just happen.

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing what happens next. I love series that force you to think to piece together the plot while still maintaining a cohesive story line and not pulling a rabbit out of the ass type of solution or reveal. There are plenty of hints being dropped you just need to notice them - no way a nuke just exploded in Mosk before they got there for the reasons explained above, or remember them from past episodes - the description of Proxy 1 from episode 15. It's rarely tried and not easily done, which is why this show is turning into one of my all time favorites.
Dec 2, 2017 7:45 PM

Nov 2017
Nice eye gouging homage to Blade Runner.
Jan 19, 2018 12:07 PM

Mar 2012
This dude really making a clone of his waifu because the original one doesn't have feelings for him. Wtf Daedalus.
Mar 15, 2018 6:47 PM

Feb 2013
That scene with Amnesia sure was intense.

New loli Re-l clone... Raul is not only alive, but the administrator is letting him do as he wants (resist).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

71 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 12:23 AM

» Ergo Proxy Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aokaado - Dec 27, 2006

236 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.