Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 20, 2011 1:41 PM

Sep 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wasn't expecting Hakurei to do that. O_o

Just when I thought he was going to destroy the barrier Hades kills him.

Then Tenma, Dohko, and Yato come right afterwards right before Hades tries to kill Yuzuriha.

Then everyone practically gets pwn'd over and over again by Hades no surprise there. xD

Near the end of the episode Dohko buys time for Shion to teleport everyone out of Hades castle. Hades then kills Dohko and descends to the heavens while Hade's castle crumbles to the ground.

As I thought its not over yet, but rather or not they will continue animating it thats pretty much up in the air.

Well time for me to go read the manga. =D

For this season I give it another 8/10 for being fast paced, but I'm thinking they left alot of stuff out from the manga seeing as how I got a rushed feeling from both seasons. I guess I will know once I start the manga here in a little bit.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 23, 2011 8:50 AM

Jan 2011
action packed ep, i loved it
i give this season a 10/10, now its time to re-read the manga
Jul 23, 2011 4:45 PM

Dec 2010
As always, I loved the OVAs
I wonder if there will be a season 3 or not
Hoping the answer to be yes, it will be sad if the anime finishes at this point
Jul 25, 2011 11:35 AM

Jun 2008
jeez, there must be a third season or ill be mad. i mean, this deviated from the manga end. the manga end was so awesome, so im really disappointed.

Yet, it gets a 7 only because i really enjoyed Hades in full power. He is a badass *.*

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 26, 2011 10:39 AM

Jan 2011
Dohko die...?

agreed that Hakurei and the awaken Hades are really cool

the army of saints that gathered below the tower came for picnic only :)
Jul 26, 2011 11:59 AM
Mar 2010
i'm sure there will be a 3rd season

in the beginning i thought that anime was *well* but through the eps this show become pretty nice
anyway, i'm waiting 4 more

+ i see animeshows as a whole thing,
this show isn't finished, that's why i give 7/10 *for now* +
Jul 27, 2011 1:29 AM
Jul 2011
I was expecting more from this episode, but it was pretty good.

About Libra Dohko:
Jul 27, 2011 8:04 PM

Sep 2009
Having a cliff-hanger-ish end is way better than a rushed anime original ending. With the introduction of new characters like Kardia and the hot megane green haired gold saint, I would like to believe that the producers do plan to make a season 3. So lets hope for high BD sales or else I will just cry! This show is too awesome to leave the plot all raw at the very end.

Now, Alone was just too darn sexy this episode. Had a hard time reading the subs during his screentime XD...And the armor look was *hhhnnnngggg*
Athena was pretty useless.
Besides Alone, Albafica must be my fav character from the show. Found his fight purely breathtaking.

Anyway, giving 7/10 for this season because it really wasn't that great with boring fights at the beginning and lack of Alone was frustrating.
Jul 28, 2011 3:48 AM

May 2009
Join now Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas Fan-Club
Jul 30, 2011 1:16 PM

Sep 2010
Woah , I'm pretty sure that they will make a new season.

Well, many golden saints have died but there is many things to happen.

I want to see kardia and aquarious fightning :)), Shion didn't show his skills x(, and ofc Dohko didn't died ! But i guess will take some time to him re-appear.

10/10 for this season , I rlly loved the old Golden Saints, Manigold comes to honor Cancer zodiac xD
Aug 1, 2011 8:06 PM

Jan 2010
This last 2 episodes weren't as good as the early ones.

And..I guess this isn't canon, because if they 'fix' that stuff it's gonna be even worse.

I love Saint Seiya but this wasn't good :( 7/10

Aug 2, 2011 4:15 AM

Oct 2010
Such a refreshing shonen anime with deaths at both sides. This is how every fighting show should have been. I give it 9/10 and I also think that the series aren't appreciated enough. Hope for third season to see Kardia and Degel :)
Aug 2, 2011 3:41 PM

May 2009
Simply awesome. Want season three now.
Aug 3, 2011 2:26 AM

Sep 2010
Very good season. I would love to see a third one.
Aug 6, 2011 7:39 AM

Apr 2009
klaymore said:

the army of saints that gathered below the tower came for picnic only :)

LOL yes... And why Athena just watching...? She is god too... come on
BTW anyone seen LEO ? i was waiting since the first season but damnnn...
Aug 6, 2011 4:26 PM

Feb 2010
RagnarKratov said:
I was expecting more from this episode, but it was pretty good.

About Libra Dohko:
spoiler

I really regret reading your spoiler because it's about a lot more than Dohko.
Aug 8, 2011 3:50 PM

Oct 2010
Zer0_TR said:

Leo was right there with Kardia and Degel when everyone teleported near the Hades castle. Don't' worry, we will see more of him in season 3.
Aug 8, 2011 7:06 PM
Jan 2010
could anyone /spoiler the manga ending? Unless the anime version is going to be the same, then don't do that. But if anime has taken their own original story, then go ahead, spoiler manga plot for me!
Aug 8, 2011 7:09 PM
Jan 2010
Crimson_Cloud said:
Zer0_TR said:

Leo was right there with Kardia and Degel when everyone teleported near the Hades castle. Don't' worry, we will see more of him in season 3.

Havevn't you seen the original Saint Seiya!? Actually, those were Inferno chapters afair, but hell, I totally recommend them! They were one of the best ones. That's where you can see Dhoko in his former glory ;) Really, you should watch ALL SS series, they are simply too epic to skip them and watch LC only. Go start with original ones, followed by inferno, esylium etc. Right now!

Sorry for double post, it's my first time posting here and I find it a little confusing.
Oct 24, 2011 3:00 PM
Aug 2009
Crimson_Cloud said:
Zer0_TR said:

Do we know if there is going to be a season 3 ;;^;; I sure hope so considering how much they haven't covered yet~
Nov 12, 2011 5:38 PM

Feb 2008
If Dohko died in episode 13, that means this isn't the previous holy war from the original series. If he didn't, then yes it is.

I would leave Dohko dead to make things more interesting (6 gold saints left instead of 7) but if the author wants to be consistent with the original story, then I have no problems anyway. I haven't read the manga, either so I hope third season goes into development soon.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Dec 15, 2011 6:56 PM

Dec 2011
Feeling: Wrong, Impressive

How Hypnos died... it just felt so wrong, i hoped he got a really dramatic end, but no, vanished with a Genki Dama and "the fist of perseverance" it feels like Soul Eater last chapter on the anime version... so wrong... then, the saints still waiting even though the barrier will not be lifted, and while Hades is on the way... NO!!! T.T
Meanwhile the fight with Hades filled my expectations, it was really impressive...
In the end, when Tenma screams "Dokho!!" i felt for an instant in The Lord of the Rings, when Gandalf died !!! O.O

Overall: Really good end filled most of my expectations
Jan 19, 2012 9:20 AM

Aug 2008
noo fillers meh loved first season this one... was like Rof RoF RoF! missa big god smash you and play with you noes dead... repeat with 7 gods :*(
when did this start to deviate from manga so i go read it?
Jan 24, 2012 2:01 PM

Apr 2011
Hope for third season to see Kardia and Degel :)

me too :)
Feb 4, 2012 8:28 AM

Feb 2010
Awww that cliffhanger!!! -_- I enjoyed it as much as season 1. 8/10
Apr 13, 2012 9:01 PM

Oct 2010
it was epic, they must stop releasing that new saint seiya series and release more of this epicness
May 14, 2012 12:44 PM

Apr 2010
This anime is so underrated....
Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.
May 23, 2012 5:55 AM

Aug 2007
Its not even a spoiler, whoever watched the original SS knows that Dohko is the teacher of the Dragon Shiryu and that Shion is the pope

May 26, 2012 1:49 PM

Oct 2010
Sapphirebreeze said:
This anime is so underrated....

No kidding. I see other people talking how there aren't any shonen anime out there where characters die after every few episodes, and when I point them here they don't want to watch. I guess the look isn't very appealing to them or something...
Jun 9, 2012 1:33 AM

May 2011
kawpie said:
How Hypnos died...

Well he didn't really died... He was sealed. But I do agree with you that the fight ended quite quickly. This lead us to think that he is quite weak. I'm sure some people had expected it to have a big fight like the battle with Thanatos. But I'm sure that I don't want to watch another similar epic battle though.
Jul 27, 2012 8:58 AM

Oct 2009
Man..i want another OVA :(
Wasn't as great as the first series, but loved it nonetheless. Really this show needs more love, way too overlooked.

Hades badass! -Man crush.
9/10
Nov 30, 2012 4:24 PM

Feb 2011
What the fuck bro ? I need to see who wins ..
Jan 3, 2013 12:44 AM

Oct 2011
I was not suppose to get into a Saint Seiya anime but this one just blew me away. Amazing story, amazing characters (even though most of them die lol...) and amazing art. If there isn't a season 3, we riot! How could they leave this amazing series unfinished? There is no way.
Jan 14, 2013 1:18 PM

Jul 2010
Damn this show is good. I need a season3!!!
Mar 23, 2013 2:10 PM
Mar 2012
Verby said:
Its not even a spoiler, whoever watched the original SS knows that Dohko is the teacher of the Dragon Shiryu and that Shion is the pope

I get Dohko, but thought that in the present
Mar 27, 2013 6:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
superseiyan said:
Verby said:

I get Dohko, but thought that in the present

Shion is the pope until usurped by Saga.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 13, 2013 8:23 PM

Nov 2011
Meh series just like season 1. I will give this season the 5/10 as it didn't interest me much. I guess I'm just not a Saint Seiya fan.

Oh and was that supposed to be some sort of cliffhanger ending..lame.
Jun 14, 2013 7:39 PM
Mar 2012
MEsoJD said:
Damn this show is good. I need a season3!!!

Why can't Omega be as good as Hades: Sanctuary or Lost Canvas?
Jun 22, 2013 4:23 PM

Nov 2011
After watching this in one day, I feel slightly empty after finish this epic series. Saint Seiya Omega is pale in comparison to the Lost Canvas. I couldn't believe Pisces (who was tortured the worse) and all the other gold saints died. That's the definition of a war, not like Naruto's lame Fourth Great Ninja War.

At first, I didn't like Tenma or Alone, they were naive and stuff. But I like Tenma now, especially when he's in the holy armour version. I'm giving this a 10/10.
Aug 11, 2013 12:10 PM

May 2012
This show was just fine to me. I actually expected to like it more because the character designs are so cool but the story is pretty weak and lapses in common sense are frequent. Then for this season there's that inconclusive ending and I doubt the rest will ever be adapted. I did like the characters though(Manigoldo especially) so instead of the 6/10 I feel it deserves, I'll give it 7/10.

Since I hear this is the best Saint Seiya though, I don't think I'll be watching the others.
Sep 12, 2013 11:25 AM
Mar 2012
gettogaara said:
This show was just fine to me. I actually expected to like it more because the character designs are so cool but the story is pretty weak and lapses in common sense are frequent. Then for this season there's that inconclusive ending and I doubt the rest will ever be adapted. I did like the characters though(Manigoldo especially) so instead of the 6/10 I feel it deserves, I'll give it 7/10.

Since I hear this is the best Saint Seiya though, I don't think I'll be watching the others.

Hades: Sanctuary is pretty good although it's hard to watch without the backstory--and the backstory is a bit much.
Oct 3, 2013 5:47 PM

Sep 2008
Hades fully awakened ready for war .. Tenma is starting to get a hold of his hidden powers ...the army of saints is gathered ready for battle aaaand CUT >.> ... Srs i hate it when something is left incomplete
Gief S3 D:
~_~ !
Oct 3, 2013 9:29 PM

Jan 2011
anatoli90 said:
Hades fully awakened ready for war .. Tenma is starting to get a hold of his hidden powers ...the army of saints is gathered ready for battle aaaand CUT >.> ... Srs i hate it when something is left incomplete
Gief S3 D:

the manga is completed, you can continue from chapter 96
Jun 20, 2014 8:45 PM

Jun 2012
Very out of character for Hypnos to let his guard down against Hakurei.

I'm teetering between a 9 and a 10. The first 6 eps were 10 worthy but the later eps dropped to about a 9. Ahhh butt fuck it!! Manly Gold was fuckin awesome so I'll leave it as a 10.

And where's my season 3 at? Omega's done. Bring out more lost canvas!!

And shit did Dohko actually die? I know this is an alt universe but I thought they would somewhat follow the original storyline.
Jun 20, 2014 9:07 PM

Jan 2011
dragonlight said:
Very out of character for Hypnos to let his guard down against Hakurei.

I'm teetering between a 9 and a 10. The first 6 eps were 10 worthy but the later eps dropped to about a 9. Ahhh butt fuck it!! Manly Gold was fuckin awesome so I'll leave it as a 10.

And where's my season 3 at? Omega's done. Bring out more lost canvas!!

And shit did Dohko actually die? I know this is an alt universe but I thought they would somewhat follow the original storyline.

its been 2 years, i doubt itll get my 3rd season, pity since Leo, Gemini an Radhamantys should appear in the next part an they are among my fav characters
Apr 21, 2015 1:48 AM

Nov 2009
Awesome series, We finally get to see Hades God cloth in full swing which was really cool to watch however Dohko and Hakurei ;_;

9/10 Going to miss my Lost Canvas fix since its obvious they will never finish it even though its so good.
Jan 6, 2016 7:01 PM
Apr 2015
this episode was awesome !!, Hades obviously outpowered all of them, but the fighting in the episode was still great. Tenma wants to become stronger, so no more people die for him

9.5/10
Jun 1, 2016 7:14 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I REALLY LOVE LOST CANVAS !!! WISHING FOR A SEASON 3 !!!

The Gold Saints are the BEST! Sasha is one pretty goddess :))) <333 Honestly, straightly put, I just love the whole cast! This anime is so powerful it gives me manly tears. I am full of positives for this anime, it's deep in my heart. Perfect everything imo. Opening/Ending/BGM my favorite as well. After seeing the trailer on here, I was instantly sold to go watch this anime! THX MYANIMELIST, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7CSbs_gT14 one of your changes was actually good for once... I am definitely going and reading the manga! Still wish one day TMS would go make Season 3 Lost Canvas and finish the series cause this is OBVIOUSLY SUPERIOR to the original Saint Seiya and I don't even have to see it to know.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 23, 2018 12:33 PM

Mar 2016
Gaiking said:
This anime is so powerful it gives me manly tears.

Same here bro...

So sad this didn't get a 3rd season.
Feb 12, 2018 4:16 AM

Jul 2013
Hakurei must be really powerful to use the Seikishi to summon the dead and form a Genkidama with them. No wonder he was a candidate for being the Cancer Saint.
Have to love how Hypnos, even if he was sealed, ended taking his defeat well instead of throwing a tantrum like his brother. He was a true graceful loser.
poor Hakurei, however, just after surviving to Hypnos, was unceremoniously killed by Alone-Hades like nothing. He deserved better.

I still wonder if Hades indeed took Alone's body when Hypnos put him to sleep, considering his expresison of surprise when Tenma sees Hakurei's corpse, even if he claims he is fully Hades now. Maybe ther eis still something of Alone inside him after all. Also, he looks incredibly badass with the Hades kamui.

Is also confirmed Tenma's Divine Cloth is not completed yet, so more of less resolves the doubt I had respecting his fight with Morpheus.
Dohko's sacrifice was heroic and that, but, well, most of us know

And so, the series ends, with Hades awakening and going to his new castle, Tenma wishing to be stronger, with a bunch of Gold Saints and Specters who haven't did anything other than talk (or that haven't even appeared) and with an inconclusive ending. I would sacrifice 100000 virgins to have a third season, but, unfortunately, that is practically impossible. That being said, I think is time to start the manga and finish the story in paper. I have postponed it way too much.

I have liked the series as much as I liked it when I watched it the first time. Of course, some scenes lost some strenght once you know what is going to happen, but, still, I enjoyed it a lot. Animation, voice acting, execution, all of it was pretty good (though the OST could had been better). It's a pity this is not going to continue being animated, but, well, there's nothing I can do to help it. I wish someday, I can afford to buy the Blu-rays at least.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» thought on this season? (Spoiler)

Daniel_Dreiberg - Aug 20, 2017

2 by CameronKeith »»
Nov 3, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Roloko - May 18, 2011

10 by HibiChika »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:39 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa 2 Episode 1 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Feb 24, 2011

14 by bushman66 »»
Dec 11, 2022 4:20 PM

Poll: » Will there be OVA 3?

Pinkette - Jun 8, 2012

29 by BrawlerJoe »»
Aug 29, 2022 5:03 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa 2 Episode 4 Discussion

stAtic91 - Mar 18, 2011

17 by BikeGoneRampant »»
Jan 24, 2019 8:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.