Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2011 5:43 PM

Dec 2007
kaena said:
so its proven that the d-mail changes the divergence meter
not the time leap machine.
when okabe continuously went back in time to do time leap, the divergence meter didnt change
when he finally sent a dmail this episode, the divergence meter changed and mayuri no longer dies

The reason time leap isn't changing the divergence meter is cause they can only leap 2 days back. There isn't enough time to make any drastic changes. D-mail on the other hand can be sent back to as far as any time line that has a phone.
Jul 19, 2011 5:59 PM

Aug 2010
Mayushi has some mad detective skills there.
Jul 19, 2011 6:27 PM

Jan 2010
wow! It was funny during the first half (especially Sazuha calling Daru "daddy"), then it felt really really sad for Sazuha.

Daru being the father was obvious, but who's the mom?

Overall awesome episode. Can't wait to see what's in store!
Jul 19, 2011 6:35 PM

Aug 2010
NOOOOO Suzuha!!! T_T

Now i want to know who is the mom D:
Jul 19, 2011 6:38 PM

Nov 2010
Makise Kurisu is the mom.

What a depressing episode. Suzuha dying and no screen time for Makise-love.
Jul 19, 2011 6:49 PM

Jul 2010
Daru and Suzuha do look alike but I wonder who the mom is...
Jul 19, 2011 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
maddest said:
Kurisu is missing >_> , i think in exchange for Mayuri , something happened after he send that D-mail

This^ the time line has changed and he may have saved mayuri but he might have lost kurisu :( i hope not - to much for me to handle.
Jul 19, 2011 6:51 PM

Jun 2009
Archie74 said:

Note: Could you guys please use the *spoiler* tags when posting them, because a couple of the comments on here will kill the episode for people who haven't watched it yet.

why are they commeting on reading the commets about the episode if they havn't seen it isn;t that rather dumb?

HUum and now i s why my brown hadn't kicked them ou cause hehad something he had to do
Jul 19, 2011 6:52 PM

Oct 2010
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
I wonder if Suzuha will make a comeback? will they some how make her live again
I hope so too.
kerespup said:
Kurisu is missing >_> , i think in exchange for Mayuri , something happened after he send that D-mail
Remember the first few episodes before Okarin sent that first Dmail?
You are so shitting me. That means they are at the "Beta World Line" ? Could it be?
kusushi said:
Yokoo said:
Not sure if this was answered yet, but what was written on the d-mail that Okabe sent? There were a few screen pauses of his cell phone and the words S.E.R.N were on one of them.
Okarin sent Dmail to himself. He wrote "Stop tailing Suzuha, it's a trap by SERN."
So that's what it was. Thanks!
kaena said:
when okabe continuously went back in time to do time leap, the divergence meter didnt change
when he finally sent a dmail this episode, the divergence meter changed and mayuri no longer dies
I did not think of it like that but now that you mention I have to say that I agree but of all things why only the D-mail? Hmmmmm anyone?
Day2Dream said:
The reason time leap isn't changing the divergence meter is cause they can only leap 2 days back. There isn't enough time to make any drastic changes. D-mail on the other hand can be sent back to as far as any time line that has a phone.
Yeah but is that the only reason?
KeiranShikari said:
And who though she was stupid?
You take back those words now! Ha!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 19, 2011 7:11 PM

Jul 2011
Day2Dream said:
kaena said:

That makes sense that 2 days wouldn't be enough to change the divergence metre...but it also doesn't make sense at the same time. Like, what about the butterfly effect then? The smallest thing could create the biggest change ever. I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone, I'm just a little confused...
Jul 19, 2011 7:29 PM

Apr 2010
bakuramariks said:
MALz_Otaku said:
Why couldet okarin time leap and stop suzu from going o.o

The time leap machine was created on 13th of august and Okarin stopped Suzuha from leaving which was on 9th of august. Okarin can go back with only two days in the past - 11th of august. From then, he cannot go on the 9th because the time leap machine wasn't created yet.

Sorry for my english >.<

Not really what i meant i mean in this ep she used time machine and in this ep they figured out that she failed so cant he go back just a bit earlier and tell her that she had failed
Jul 19, 2011 7:57 PM

Feb 2010
Wow what is was fun and games is now becoming something serious... These past few episodes have been getting intense!
Jul 19, 2011 7:57 PM

May 2010
Their relationship was quite predictable the time she mentioned about meeting someone.

What really surprised me is that Mayushi's the first one to notice it which amazed me. lol

And Daru's still a perv even in fatherly moments. xD
Jul 19, 2011 8:05 PM

Dec 2007
DestinyStar said:
That makes sense that 2 days wouldn't be enough to change the divergence metre...but it also doesn't make sense at the same time. Like, what about the butterfly effect then? The smallest thing could create the biggest change ever. I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone, I'm just a little confused...

Butterfly effect doesn't come before the fate theory. Remember that all things go towards a certain destiny. To overcome that fate you need big change. Small things don't matter as much in this anime. If it did oOkabe's little group of friends wouldn't be friends in each world all the time.

As for the Chris speculation. He only sent a D-mail back to the time where he was going to stop Suzuha. That means the time machine still crashed where it crashed and at the very least Chris didn't get stabbed where we saw she got stabbed.
Ignore me. I forgot that when Okabe sent the D-mail back it also means Suzuha's time travel effect changed.

No I have not played the VN. Just my speculation.
WhaleCostumeJul 19, 2011 8:32 PM
Jul 19, 2011 9:06 PM

Jul 2010
Really predictable, but I still dug it. Didn't think this anime would be this goooood either.
Jul 19, 2011 9:45 PM

Oct 2008
Music was perfect for this episode. I could not take my eyes off the screen.
A heartwarming first half to be followed by a heartbreaking one. The light appears before you, just to have it snuffed out.
As always, answers to previous questions just raise more questions.

Ever side around episode 11, this anime has really picked up and has been really engrossing.

Poor Daru...

The I failed part was extremely well done. It captured the desperation and loss of hope perfectly.
Jul 19, 2011 11:16 PM

Jul 2010
episode 17 preview. "Virtual (unreal?) distorted complex"
‪TVアニメ「シュタインズ・ゲート」#17「虚像歪曲のコンプレックス」予告‬‏ - YouTube

since Okarin sent d-mail to himself, it seems that Mayushii has saved even after August 13 20:00.
but does it means that Mayushii's death has became free from world line's fate? this is important point to think about.

the problem is that suzuha have already traveled back to 1975 in current world line on August 10.
so if rounders attack to lab, who gonna fight with them?
kusushiJul 19, 2011 11:29 PM
Jul 19, 2011 11:20 PM

Sep 2009
Awesome eps ......

Suzuha die in place of Mayushi

so there's no escape death ..
Jul 19, 2011 11:24 PM

Jul 2007
BlackSnake56 said:
Suzuha die in place of Mayushi

Doubt it. THe way I see, it Suzuha dying 10 years before current events was also something that most of probabilities lead to.

DestinyStar said:
Day2Dream said:
kaena said:

kaena said:

Oh god not this again.

DIVERGENCE NUMBER CHANGES. EVERY TIME TRAVEL DOES THAT. ITS JUST THAT CHANGE IS SO MINISCULE IT DOES NOT GO INTO THE NUMBER OF DECIMALS DISPLAYED ON METER.

Think:

EVERY EVEN MINOR detail changes the wordline.

TIMELEAP IS IDENTICAL TO DMAIL, the only difference IS WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION IS BEING SENT, as well as HOW FAR THEY CAN SEND IT.
Jul 19, 2011 11:48 PM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
KeiranShikari said:
She is stupid.
The others were clearly too intelligent to piece something so simple together while Mayushii was just about dumb enough to put 1 and 1 together.
That must be it. ( ¬‿¬)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 19, 2011 11:55 PM
Jul 2010
Question.
How Did Suzu fail anyways?
Jul 20, 2011 12:03 AM

Oct 2010
So.... I'm not sure if any of you have realized this yet or not, but the divergence number is going the wrong way. Up until now it's been counting down from *.******. (it never showed the original number anywhere in the anime which I believe it did in the VN and know it did in the manga) While this divergence change may have saved Mayushi for now, it's only set them back a ways and to properly save the future they'll need to make it go down again which puts tuturu back in peril.
Jul 20, 2011 12:17 AM

May 2009
I am feeling so many emotions right now ;_; gdi anime y u do this to me?
Jul 20, 2011 12:34 AM

Jul 2008
Ahmny_Chan said:
Question.
How Did Suzu fail anyways?

The Time Machine got ruined in the rain and it was not fixed properly to how it once was. Because of this, when she time traveled, she forgot her purpose/herself. She didn't remember who she was or why she came to the past for like 20 years or something, and then it was too late to get the IBN 5100. So she killed herself the first time.

hikaricore said:
So.... I'm not sure if any of you have realized this yet or not, but the divergence number is going the wrong way. Up until now it's been counting down from *.******. (it never showed the original number anywhere in the anime which I believe it did in the VN and know it did in the manga) While this divergence change may have saved Mayushi for now, it's only set them back a ways and to properly save the future they'll need to make it go down again which puts tuturu back in peril.

They are trying to reach above 1.0% right? How does it going down from 0.4 achieve that?
Jul 20, 2011 12:40 AM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
Yumekichi11 said:
KeiranShikari said:
She is stupid.
The others were clearly too intelligent to piece something so simple together while Mayushii was just about dumb enough to put 1 and 1 together.
That must be it. ( ¬‿¬)
That still makes her smart and the others stupid.

Jul 20, 2011 12:41 AM

Oct 2010
GarLogan78 said:

hikaricore said:

They are trying to reach above 1.0% right? How does it going down from 0.4 achieve that?

The goal was said to cross the 1% barrier, no one ever said in which direction. :p
Go back and watch the various instances of the divergence meter when he changes worldlines.
They have always been decreasing towards 0. ;)
Jul 20, 2011 12:45 AM
Jun 2011
This i my first post in mal.

I don't see how she was called Hashida Suzu even after the d-mail changed the past preventing Okabe from stopping Suzuha using the time machine. Therefore Suzuha had no chance of knowing that daru is her dad. But Mr. Braun still called her Hashida Suzu. Now I am thoroughly confused.
Jul 20, 2011 12:49 AM

Oct 2010
Toichi said:
This i my first post in mal.

I don't see how she was called Hashida Suzu even after the d-mail changed the past preventing Okabe from stopping Suzuha using the time machine. Therefore Suzuha had no chance of knowing that daru is her dad. But Mr. Braun still called her Hashida Suzu. Now I am thoroughly confused.

She had 25 years to figure out who her father was, and we don't know what other information she may have been able to find such as hidden files in the time machine's computer which she wouldn't have had access to while it was broken. I'm sure she was probably able to work it out before she died.
Jul 20, 2011 12:57 AM

Oct 2010
kusushi said:
Here is my response to it as follows,

OMG dear Lord! Feiris my dear is back! OMG! I am totally hyped for next week
and like did the change involve Akihabara changing back back to a anime place because clearly Feiris with her father in the spoiler
looks to have her cat ears back while before it did not look like she had the first time she sent the D-mail. and there is the metal Uppa commercial, something is fishy about it. So like what's up? Spoiler are welcome as PMs or in my profile from anyone. :D Also whose phone here is that? If it's Feiris and something happened to Feiris like it did to Mayuri I shall RAAAAAAAAAGE! Is all I am going to say.

Jul 20, 2011 1:21 AM
Nov 2010
Fai said:
Tomislavr7 said:

I am sorry , but thats not something you NEED to get spoiler. IT WAS FRACKING OBVIOUS for at least 6 episodes already.

Speculation =/= spoilers.

Get that into your heads, people.

It was not obvious right when Suzuha appeared... I did say "earlier threads", right?
Anyways, to write something now: It was nice that Suzuha finally discovered that Daru is her father before she went back to the past and it sure was funny how Mayuri was the one who did the confirmation...:P
Also, I felt like the music was different in this episode, was it so?
Looking forward to the next episode...
Tomislavr7Jul 20, 2011 1:24 AM
Jul 20, 2011 1:21 AM

Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
and like did the change involve Akihabara changing back back to a anime place because clearly Feiris with her father in the spoiler
looks to have her cat ears back while before it did not look like she had the first time she sent the D-mail. and there is the metal Uppa commercial, something is fishy about it. So like what's up? Spoiler are welcome as PMs or in my profile from anyone. :D Also whose phone here is that? If it's Feiris and something happened to Feiris like it did to Mayuri I shall RAAAAAAAAAGE! Is all I am going to say.

I'm fairly convinced that Feiris's father was dead before she sent her dmail.
We never actually saw him prior and I don't think he was mentioned either.
So if Akihabara changed back he might not be sitting there.

Of course he could have always just been super busy, but this didn't seem to fit as well.
Jul 20, 2011 1:35 AM

Jan 2011
Can somebody explain why Suzu killed herself? Im confused.
[center]
Jul 20, 2011 1:56 AM

Feb 2010
Z-flame said:
It was funny when Mayuri(the detective) figure out, who is Suzuha's father.

On the other hand, it was really depressing to hear that Suzuha's mission failed and that she committed suicide. Though i'm guessing the guilt she had for having lived a happy life then suddenly remembering that she had an important mission, was to much for her to handle.

^This

poor suzuha.

awesome show.
Jul 20, 2011 1:58 AM
Jan 2011
VioLink said:
Can somebody explain why Suzu killed herself? Im confused.

because she

im sure you would understand why
Jul 20, 2011 2:02 AM

Feb 2010
WAIT

how come after the d-mail , okabe asked for the name "hashida suzu" , she didnt know about her father back then when she was about to jump to 1975 that rainy day.

so... was that in okabe d-mail?

or small plot hole :P
Jul 20, 2011 2:07 AM
Jan 2011
at the end, okabe sent a d-mail ryt?
just what did it say?? all i could read was SERN and there were no subs for it
Jul 20, 2011 2:11 AM

Jun 2011
"失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した”

"ゴメン。ゴメン。ゴメン。こんな人生は、無意味だった"

Finally THE Suzuha's letter. One of the most famous scenes in S;G. Tamura Yukari's excellent performance + gate of steiner piano bgm = TEAR BOMB. Suprised that they animate the part where Suzu hung herself.

In order to prevent Suzuha from suicide, Okabe sent a D-mail yet again, to undo the previous one. In doing so, he sacrificed the reunion of Suzuha with her father, and the happy times she spent with the labmen. Then she died alone in the "past". Okabe has to bear the guilty and regret all by himself. But the divergence meter has climbed a little for the 1st time. Now yall see where the track goes? Sacrifices. All in the sake of Mayuri.

Much like Mayuri, it seems that Suzuha is fated to die in 2000. The convergence of worldlines rules all.

Uh, so they are just doing the true ending route. As it has passed the critical point already, I'll share Suzuha's ending with everyone.
ChavezJul 20, 2011 4:11 AM
Jul 20, 2011 2:19 AM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
kusushi said:
Here is my response to it as follows,

oh hell! no way! are they following the video i found on utube the other day about feyris' ending in the VN where
early in the video, okabe says that he just sacrificed suzuha's life for nothing.

~wish everyday is Wednesday~
Jul 20, 2011 2:34 AM

Feb 2010
Kansokusha said:
"失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した失敗した”

"ゴメン。ゴメン。ゴメン。こんな人生は、無意味だった"

Finally THE Suzuha's letter. One of the most famous scenes in S;G. Tamura Yukari's excellent performance + gate of steiner piano bgm = TEAR BOMB. Suprised that they animate the part where Suzu hung herself.

In order to prevent Suzuha from suicide, Okabe sent a D-mail yet again, to undo the previous one. In doing so, he sacrificed the reunion of Suzuha with her father, and the happy times she spent with the labmen. Then she died alone in the "past". Okabe has to bear the guilty and regret all by himself. But the divergence meter has climbed a little for the 1st time. Now yall see where the track goes? Sacrifices. All in the sake of Mayuri.

Much like Mayuri, it seems that Suzuha is fated to die in 2000. The convergence of worldlines rules all.

Really ironic for Suzu giving Tennoji a shelter decades ago. Is this fate?

Uh, so they are just doing the true ending route. As it has passed the critical point already, I'll share Suzuha's ending with everyone.

wow that ending !

makes me wanna play the vn
Jul 20, 2011 3:05 AM

Oct 2010
4nim3w4tch3r said:
Will jump all around my place if they make a Feiris x Okabe ending.

I shall do the same twice as intense if it's Mayuri ending.

I will RAGE if the ending is Okabe does not get with anyone. It might happen since Macross Frontier had a similar problem mostly due to the director/creator having respects for the fans. Oh well we shall see.

I want a Feiris x Okabe
Or
Mayuri x Okabe ending please.
Kansokusha said:
Finally THE Suzuha's letter. One of the most famous scenes in S;G. Tamura Yukari's excellent performance + gate of steiner piano bgm = TEAR BOMB.
Sadly I was not really teary over it. I was more of a O_O with the jaw open.
Kansokusha said:
Suprised that they animate the part where Suzu hung herself.
Now that made me T_T a lot!
Kansokusha said:
In doing so, he sacrificed the reunion of Suzuha with her father, and the happy times she spent with the labmen. Then she died alone in the "past". Okabe has to bear the guilty and regret all by himself.
Then again you got to think that the emotional toll that all these events left her with in the end made her do a suicide. The feelings were too much to bear after failing.

IMO Okabe should have gone back in time to correct all the mistakes such as cover the machine to protect it from rain or write something out in a book of all that Suzuha would have to remember. Would that like not fix the problem of her not forgetting no matter what?

There is also the fact that it would allow her to have the memories of her reunion with Daru. Damn, now I think about it Okabe was stupid in a way. He could have reversed certain things if he wanted.
Kansokusha said:
But the divergence meter has climbed a little for the 1st time. Now yall see where the track goes? Sacrifices. All in the sake of Mayuri.
So that means the next sacrifice is to undo all of Feiris. That's what it looks to be in the next episode.
Kansokusha said:
Fate again. *sigh* So that means that Mayuri got spared for now due to Suzuha. Sometimes I have a feeling it was not God who has written such shitty fates but the Evil what ever it may be is rewriting it. For what is against God was with him at first only to betray and in doing so certainly any evil would have had God's powers. In so rewriting fate. Just a IMO of religious notion.
Kansokusha said:
Really ironic for Suzu giving Tennoji a shelter decades ago. Is this fate?
I wonder about that too. That was rather strange but remember that she did meet him when he was a kid just that the whole spoilers ahead of this episode now confuses me more in regards to Tennoji.
Yumekichi11Jul 20, 2011 3:16 AM

Jul 20, 2011 3:18 AM

Aug 2010
And the characters just come and go.
Jul 20, 2011 3:24 AM

Jul 2007
Kansokusha said:

Maybe you are natural born spoiler.lol
I understand your enthusiasm for S;G but basically, there is nothing that VN player like us can write at anime thread.
Well, if you do speak Japanese, why not go to spoiler thread of 2ch?
Jul 20, 2011 3:49 AM

Jun 2009
Kansokusha said:

At first Okabe was like Akemi Homura, reversing time to save someone... And now he is like Nagato Yuki, stuck in an endless time loop...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Jul 20, 2011 4:12 AM

Sep 2010
Win some, lose some. ;) But seriosuly, I would rather have Suzuha live and Mayuri die. >>
It was so obvious since last week that Daru was Suzuha's father. Not even a "I think there's a chance it's this."
Jul 20, 2011 5:07 AM

Feb 2010
by the way , did that machine move between the same timeline?

shouldnt that cause plot holes?
Jul 20, 2011 5:12 AM

Jul 2010
gosh... I found this video. I never knew such a enthusiastic fan.
translate whole event of suzuha's ending? that's crazy!

Warning.
This is completely spoiler video. If you wish to play VN in near future, do not open this link.
If you just want to know alternate ending of ep16 and you won't play VN, you may go ahead.
kusushiJul 20, 2011 5:20 AM
Jul 20, 2011 5:21 AM

Oct 2009
Man... I'm happy that Suzu was able to live a happy life for some 25 years but her last year alive was tragic. Still can't get over it.

I hate the feeling I get when Okabe changes world lines and everyone forgets what's happened. But then again this is what makes it so amazing. I'm definitely more than impressed with how this has turned out.

Suzu-chan was amazing. I hope Okabe's going to explain everything to Kurisu next episode, but I also is interested about what's up with Feiris-chan.

There's quite a few flaws about the time lines/time travelling aspect but I don't have time to write them out at the moment.
YanofliesJul 20, 2011 5:35 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2011 5:31 AM

Jul 2007
Vanisher said:
WAIT

how come after the d-mail , okabe asked for the name "hashida suzu" , she didnt know about her father back then when she was about to jump to 1975 that rainy day.

She had more than 30 years to figure out his identity :)

If mayuri managed to connect the dots, I bet Suzu did so as well.
Jul 20, 2011 5:36 AM

Oct 2009
Fai said:
Vanisher said:
WAIT

You're forgetting that she didn't remember anything about herself until 2010.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2011 5:40 AM

Feb 2010
Yanoflies said:
Fai said:
Vanisher said:
WAIT

You're forgetting that she didn't remember anything about herself until 2010.

No , that didnt happens after okabe sent the d-mail.

but anyway , how did suzuha knows about daru ways to name his gadgets?
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.