Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 22, 2009 2:13 AM

Nov 2009
I feel an inevitable sorrow approaching T_T
Mar 1, 2010 1:31 PM

Jan 2010
another death coming up?cr*p -_-

i like shiori,why do all of key's characters have to die?:P

good episode anyway,but probably we'll say bye bye to shiori very soon :(

PS:her sister is awful
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 14, 2010 1:21 PM

Jan 2010
Is it me or does every girl in Kanon cry in Yuuichi's arms ?
Wafu~ !
Apr 13, 2010 11:59 PM

Dec 2009
hearing about Shiori's condition kept reminding me of Nagisa from Clannad, and thats both good and bad, so lets see how it turns out
Love & Piece

May 2, 2010 12:58 PM

Mar 2010
DL21 said:
Is it me or does every girl in Kanon cry in Yuuichi's arms ?

lol
May 7, 2010 5:08 AM

Mar 2010
*sad episode* -> * overly happy ending*

So, Shiori will die soon as well.. It was sort of expected with her health being that weak already.
Aug 28, 2010 10:34 AM

Dec 2008
Maazter said:
idk maybe this anime isn't for me, i like the character but they just keep killing them off or moving them out of the picture one by one... i'm really hoping the end blows me away...

For Realz!
Sep 19, 2010 11:28 AM

Aug 2008
Shiori is more likeable now. I didn't find her cute initially.
Dec 10, 2010 1:56 PM

May 2010
It's going to be sad again...
clannad4ever said:
another death coming up?cr*p -_-
i like shiori,why do all of key's characters have to die?:P

Well there aren't any deaths yet actually. Mai's arc had a happy end and with Makoto it was more like she just dissappeared...
dedean16Dec 10, 2010 2:01 PM
Jan 24, 2011 10:30 AM

Aug 2010
It's too sad that Shiori is going to die. Or maybe not.....
Hmm...... looking forward to the next episode
Jan 30, 2011 2:48 AM

Jan 2010
shiorii :D
Sayonara,papa!

~Athena Glory,Aria

Jan 30, 2011 2:48 AM

Jan 2010
shiorii :D
Sayonara,papa!

~Athena Glory,Aria

Mar 2, 2011 1:22 AM

Oct 2009
Shiori is so adorable *-*
Kaori is a idiot >.>
May 16, 2011 4:59 PM

Nov 2009
WHAT NO?!!! i don't want her to die!! at least she had a great time... she was really awesome at the snowball fight!!! she dodged everyone and got Yuichi with everyone! the snowman was amazing! and i can't believe she missed every single one of those things! haha and the drawing was funny... i wish it would have shown it! man that date was so amazing! i think it was one of the best things ever in this anime! she looked so happy! it even had the opening music in the beginning =D im glad everyone finally told the truth... and i hope she survives... oh yeah and im glad their Aunt is okay... and Mai 2! great epi ^^
Jun 13, 2011 12:27 PM

Jul 2010
halberdiers said:
Shiori wacking the moles was pure win. 0 points lol

Lol yeah that made me lol. Pretty sad she is going to die D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2011 11:49 AM

Jul 2011
Already thought that she had a serious disease...
So sad ;(

Kaori is so selfish, but i can understand why she doesn't want to have a close bond with Shiori... again... so sad ;(
Nov 22, 2011 7:35 AM

Sep 2011
Nah, I really didn't like Shiori much :<
Maybe in my eyes, she's so selfish too.
Feb 12, 2012 11:13 AM
Nov 2011
I'm starting to feel sorry for the MC.

Girl 1 is his Cousin, who's so worn out all the time, she doesn't seem able to really enjoy life.

Girl 2 is some flighty girl who's lost family in the past, and always seems like shes struggling to find something

Girl 3 was not a real girl, but a manifeestation of some super natural fox creature which then disappeared/died

Girl 4 Has suffered loss in her family before, and is so traumatized she can't help but talk to her self in the third person.

Girl 5 Is so tore up about what's happened in her past, the perceived loss of a friend, and tries to off herself twice.

Girl 6 was sick all along, which is keeping her out of school, and that seems a cardinal sin in Anime.

Is anyone really going to survive this show?

Man how did this guy find himself in the middle of so much grief?
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 15, 2012 11:01 PM

Sep 2008
I liked the montage. The rest was just ok.
Jun 14, 2012 11:26 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, this series is so funny and hilarious at times, but then it goes all emo. But it's very well done.

I was hoping Shiori's arc would last 4 episodes at least, but it will probably end after just 2 more, if I had to predict. I admit, i'm excited for Aya's arc, but I hope the Shori arc is still deep and interesting.
Jul 17, 2012 9:09 AM

Feb 2009
Oh boy, a girl with poor health in a Key story? No way.

Also, fuck you Kaori. What a piece of shit.
Jul 23, 2012 4:31 AM

Jul 2009
Mai is spot on again, though in a mysterious way - "The one who is trying to run away from hardship is near you"

I'm still confused as to how the titles go with the story.. each episode there is a title that has to do with a musical term or piece (this episode was "Oratorio" and 17 is Lieder ohne Worte).. Maybe it will be explained later on..

I understand the meaning of Kanon, but not the other musical terms in context of the show so far o.o
Aug 13, 2012 5:26 AM

May 2012
Nice episode this was more or less exactly the same as the 2002Version so it was quite lovely to re-watch :D
Aug 16, 2012 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
What? Killing her on her birthday? If there is any day to kill her why choose her birthday? I guess maybe if she makes her birthday wish before the operation or whatever is going to kill her, she might live but still.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 8, 2012 6:49 PM

Nov 2009
Well sucks to be Shiori... though not sure that Kaori has any right to feel sad, boohoo yeah your the one who should feel sorry for yourself because your younger sister is dying, obviously the one actually dying isn't the victim in this scenario (sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious).
Nov 6, 2012 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
I really don't hate Kaori as much as everyone does. Yes, she wasn't the best big sister ever, but I can understand how she didn't want to see her little sister suffer. She can't understand why was she "born for", if her life is all about suffering. Not the best way to behave at a moment like this, but I still can't blame her so much.

Shiori's story is actually going to be more interesting then I though it would be, which makes me happy.
Nov 6, 2012 3:06 PM
Dec 2007
RazielZero said:
I really don't hate Kaori as much as everyone does. Yes, she wasn't the best big sister ever, but I can understand how she didn't want to see her little sister suffer. She can't understand why was she "born for", if her life is all about suffering. Not the best way to behave at a moment like this, but I still can't blame her so much.

Shiori's story is actually going to be more interesting then I though it would be, which makes me happy.
Not really, the whole point is that Kaori is being selfish. SHE doesn't want to suffer. SHE doesn't want to hurt and cry and despair when her sister is no more. Hence she rather think her sister never existed. She's just being selfish when all her sister wants is a little love during her last years.

That's why people hate Kaori, because she's just being selfish and only thinking on her "suffering" even though she should know that her sister is also despairing as well. Never mind the fact the story quite outwardly tells you that Shiori was pushed to the point of trying to kill herself, partly because she didn't want to suffer but also partly because Kaori was ignoring her.

Nov 6, 2012 3:22 PM

Sep 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Not really, the whole point is that Kaori is being selfish. SHE doesn't want to suffer. SHE doesn't want to hurt and cry and despair when her sister is no more. Hence she rather think her sister never existed. She's just being selfish when all her sister wants is a little love during her last years.

That's why people hate Kaori, because she's just being selfish and only thinking on her "suffering" even though she should know that her sister is also despairing as well. Never mind the fact the story quite outwardly tells you that Shiori was pushed to the point of trying to kill herself, partly because she didn't want to suffer but also partly because Kaori was ignoring her.

Well, that makes sense, but I just still can't hate her, even if she was stupid to be selfish like that :/
Dec 19, 2012 3:12 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
wtfffffff, another girl gonna die? o.O sheeeeesh......-,-!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 29, 2013 3:30 PM

Dec 2013
It's really sad that it sounds like Shiori is going to die. After watching Clannad and Air, it seemed like it was eventually going to happen to somebody. I have a feeling the next episodes might be sad. Really Hope not to many people will suffer at the end of this. ):
Jan 2, 2014 9:35 PM

Aug 2013
Eh... EHHHHHHHH?!? What the heck, that totally killed the happy mood of the episode to then be killed again by the happy ending song xD

But more seriously, that ending was fucking sad. Dang, I knew Shiori illness was pretty bad, but she didn't seem that bad... I guess he'll pass the next days with Shiori. I wonder what link connect the two, did they met in the past? It's pretty much the theme of this anime so it will surely come.

Yuuichi hold his promise in the end, even if that snowman wasn't 10 feet tall :P
The date was really cute, she doesn't have good reflex indeed xD

I would have though that Kaori behavior would have changed after that last scene, but from the preview, it doesn't seem so. What the fuck >=(
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 2, 2014 3:34 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was more boring than usual to me. Still liked it, but eh. Maybe it's because I don't care for Shiori as much as I did Makoto or Mai... and Kaori is unbelievable. What the hell kind of sister does something like that?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 30, 2014 6:58 PM

May 2011
LAST REGRETS XMAS DANCE MIX!!! WOOT
"Sonna koto iu hito kirai desu!"

Anyways, to be honest, even with the severe lack of development of Shiori in the 2002 anime, I still liked Shiori a lot personally, more so than Mai and Makoto to be honest, as she had a very good backstory and things can just really develop into a climax for her story with great effects. (I seriously am still disappointed of her arc in the 2002 version, when the scenario proved to be so well done in the VN and the Toei anime that things could not possibly just screw up with NO drama and plot development.)

I hope they could change my opinion with the 2006 version. KyoAni did give more time to show that the two of them (Shiori and Yuuichi) having fun together, unlike the 2002 version which only showed the significant part at the very end; the snow fight, the art (which was not shown purposely in both versions) and the addition of the Last Regrets Xmas Dance Mix were definitely awesome. (Really liked the remix a lot.)

I do note certain deviations from the original 2002 version which unlike KyoAni, squeezed everything into an episode; the addition of Kaori personally meeting up with Yuuichi unlike in the 2002 version which actually showed her with Nayuki meeting up with them in the end. (I still nevertheless liked the ending sequence of the original version greatly, hope they will not change much or remove it entirely for the 2006 edition. We will see it next episode hopefully)

4/5, leaving a greater impression on me than the old one.
grayrebornnhyDec 30, 2014 7:03 PM
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jan 16, 2015 7:35 PM

Jul 2014
Well it was the beginning of shiori's arc (one of my favs arc) it reveals that kaori is her sister i love the story between shiori and kaori
yuuichi and shiori makes a sweet pair the song was so amazing
Jan 29, 2017 4:09 AM

Jan 2013
"You can't put a rock in, okay?" ... who the hell would do that even to such a weak girl lol.
So because she's weak and is going to die soon you'd rather ignore her, makes sense.
Mar 5, 2017 6:10 AM

Aug 2014
Ayu looked like Nagisa at 4:38 when making breakfast.

Yuichi ijimeru? :D
he just gave phone to Nayuki and hurries her the second later :(

nice episode overall, but I don't think it is in my taste so it wont beat Mai arc
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 29, 2020 3:28 AM

Mar 2013
So Shiori is the predecessor of Misuzu and Nagisa....
Jul 25, 2020 9:15 AM

May 2018
noooo not you too Shiori T_T ur my 3rd favorite character as well
Jul 27, 2020 7:09 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Shiori definitely has better chemistry with Yuuichi than the other showcased girls (I'm not counting Ayu and Nayuki as showcased.) Their date was very cute, one of the best date scenes I've seen in anime to date.

I sure hope that Shiori doesn't die. For one, doctor's aren't great at predicting personal death dates, they can only give you an average death date (unless you are suffering from an acute condition, then the predictions can get a lot better.) Since Shiori has been sick from birth, I doubt her death date is accurate, especially considering the fact that she is energetic enough to be able to walk around and play in in the cold all day without being any worse for the wear by the end of the day (still as energetic in the school as she was at the arcade.) Still, anime diseases have strange properties...
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 20, 2020 1:16 AM

Oct 2007
glad both Mai and Sayuri survive. I wonder if the police believe her it was a bear?

I really like the remix of the opening theme, when they were playing in the snow.

wtf, so Shiori disease is much worse than I thought. It's too bad, Mai power is temporarily gone. Yuichi could have ask Mai to cure Shiori.
Liddo-kunAug 20, 2020 1:21 AM
Dec 24, 2020 1:27 PM

Apr 2016
Nice background music during Shiori's part. I hope things resolve between Shiori and her sister. Though I'm still not a fan of this anime's formulaic plot structure.
Dec 24, 2020 1:31 PM

Apr 2016
Oh rip. I guess it's not too surprising to see that Shiori doesn't have much longer to live, but I can imagine how pained Kaori must be.
Dec 30, 2020 4:50 PM

Oct 2013
let's see how you handle my ALL OUT BALL BARRAGE gachiHYPER

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 17, 2021 4:56 AM

Jan 2017
Resolution for Mai's arc is kinda weak tbh, very convenient "reason" to explain the wreckage that happened at the school? Delinquent smashing through a floor...? Really?

Ah so Shiori's a dying girl, her being at the school seemingly everyday totally makes sense
Feb 15, 2022 12:56 PM

May 2020
Of course I was expecting them to drop something off like this sometime, and this was that episode.

Shiori's only got herself a week to live... okay but medical science can't really predict something as accurate as that. Anyways, was never a fan of Kaori and this episode just got me even more further from something like that.
May 6, 2023 5:00 PM

Aug 2013
This episode revealing the truth with Shiori and Kaori being sisters was truly so emotional!!! the ending truly almost made me cry, with Kaori making some existential questions and revealing her true feelings. I feel so bad for her and the grief her and her family must be going through. I am so curious to see what happens with Shiori, shes one of my faves. 
Also Akiko is SICK which is NEVER a good sign in this series. Nayuki seems VERY concerned,,, almost in a way where she knows exactly what to do... as if she knows whats up!! Very interested in seeing more character development from Nayuki!! 
Aug 14, 2023 9:34 AM

Nov 2010
So that explains Kaori's foul mood and when she got angry about miracles. Yeah, life & death sucks. It's a reality I can't live with. I wish everyone were immortal, or I was never born. I don't want to experience loss.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

63 by metalrain_15 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

162 by asbest0sdust »»
Feb 29, 4:21 AM

» Kanon (2006) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Dec 30, 2006

83 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 31, 2:26 PM

» Kanon (2006) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kei-clone - Dec 15, 2006

56 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 31, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

82 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 30, 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.