Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 13, 2012 4:29 AM

Jan 2011
err well... i DON'T hate this anime. i mean... it is good and all but i think this anime is way to depressing for me. i'd probably pass this one.
Jan 22, 2012 7:56 PM

Oct 2009
Not more depressing than the end of Code Geass :P (I see you have it on favs).

This is not depressing, it's comic due to its ridiculousness.
Jan 22, 2012 8:03 PM
Jun 2008
I srsly need to watch this show asap.
Jan 22, 2012 8:04 PM

Feb 2011
I didn't hate it, but . . . .

Anohana was one huge disappointment. People were giving it 9's and 10's, and kept recommending it to me, so I was like, hey, why not?

Then I watched it.

. . . . .

Nice music, and colorful graphics, other than that? Not as mind-blowing as people made it out to be. I was nice and gave it a 7. Then again, even though people are crazy about Clannad + AS on here, it didn't touch my heart. I liked the first season better than the second, although it seems to be the other way around 'round here. Didn't care for Nagisa, or Ushio for that matter.
Mar 18, 2012 11:49 PM
Mar 2010
You gave this anime a 3 and Naruto a 9? Waaaaaaaa? Nothing against Naruto lovers, but waaaaaaah?

Al_Gore said:

I laughed for a solid minute at this.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Mar 19, 2012 3:02 AM

Oct 2009
mylovelyfate said:
You gave this anime a 3 and Naruto a 9? Waaaaaaaa? Nothing against Naruto lovers, but waaaaaaah?

Al_Gore said:

I laughed for a solid minute at this.
Not counting the fillers, since I didn't watch them because they were shit.
Mar 20, 2012 9:35 PM

Feb 2010
I thought this was pretty bad at first- I kind of liked some parts- but on the whole it wasn't mind blowing or anything for me
Mar 20, 2012 9:49 PM

Mar 2012
twy said:
And i find it very dislogical.

Anime is illogical the vast majority of the time.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 20, 2012 9:52 PM

Mar 2012
On topic though I loved Ano Hana, would probably give it an 8.6-8.8 if decimals places were allowed.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 25, 2012 2:51 PM

Mar 2011
I'm not a girl.. but I loved it, Everyone has their own tastes so it's not surprising that most anime has a debate on the ratings..

One of your favourites could be a series that I absolutely loathe..
For example you have Awakawa as an 8, I rated that a 1.. it's just the way things are
Mar 28, 2012 7:09 PM
Dec 2010
Well I thought it was great until how the ending seemed rushed. I gave it an 8. Funny, I was watching Hanasaku Iroha during this time and I dropped it because I thought AnoHana was better.
Mar 31, 2012 6:22 PM

Oct 2010
Al_Gore said:
AnoniMus said:
Is there any female that doesn't like this anime? It's not thinking it isn't as great as people think it is, it's really thinking it's not good.

It's not thinking it isn't as great as people think it is, it's really thinking it's not good.
It's not thinking it isn't as great as people think it is, it's really thinking it's not good.
It's not thinking it isn't as great as people think it is, it's really thinking it's not good.It's not thinking it isn't as great as people think it is, it's really thinking it's not good.It's not thinking it isn't as great as people think it is, it's really thinking it's not good.It's not thinking it isn't as great as people think it is, it's really thinking it's not good.It's not thinking it isn't as great as people think it is, it's really thinking it's not good.It's not thinking it isn't as great as people think it is, it's really thinking it's not good.

my mind is full of fuck. what the hell did i just read

I Lol'd. Srsly. XD
Apr 9, 2012 3:43 AM

Sep 2009
I see your Top 5 Favorite Anime list.

Go broaden your taste action boy.
Apr 9, 2012 5:45 PM

Oct 2009
LordLagann said:
I see your Top 5 Favorite Anime list.

Go broaden your taste action boy.

Monster doesn't have much action, and I don't like code geass because of the action, it's the rest (I even hate mechas).

Plot is much more important than action, if you knew me from other forums you'd know that, I don't blame you of course.
Apr 9, 2012 7:29 PM

Sep 2009
AnoniMus said:

Monster doesn't have much action, and I don't like code geass because of the action, it's the rest (I even hate mechas).

Plot is much more important than action, if you knew me from other forums you'd know that, I don't blame you of course.

Never seen monster but CG and FMA is pretty much in the action genre's are they not? CG is Mech as well but that's not important now.

If you haven't notice I was taking aim at your similar taste in genre's, specifically action originated titles. You said it yourself that Plot is more important then Action, yet titles like CG are pretty much both. CG without action is pretty much Death Note and going by your logic shouldn't titles that are purely plot be in your Top 5?

On the topic of Ano Hi, what's there not to like if your solely into plot? It's simple, elegant, and a brilliant concept for a story. It's nothing experimental. Just another cliche that's been polished and shined. That's enough for for it to register as a great series.

It doesn't really matter what genre or theme now does it; as long as it's done exceptionally well.

FYI - I don't know you actually, nor anyone specific for that matter.
Apr 10, 2012 6:34 PM

Oct 2009
LordLagann said:
AnoniMus said:

Never seen monster but CG and FMA is pretty much in the action genre's are they not? CG is Mech as well but that's not important now.

If you haven't notice I was taking aim at your similar taste in genre's, specifically action originated titles. You said it yourself that Plot is more important then Action, yet titles like CG are pretty much both. CG without action is pretty much Death Note and going by your logic shouldn't titles that are purely plot be in your Top 5?

On the topic of Ano Hi, what's there not to like if your solely into plot? It's simple, elegant, and a brilliant concept for a story. It's nothing experimental. Just another cliche that's been polished and shined. That's enough for for it to register as a great series.

It doesn't really matter what genre or theme now does it; as long as it's done exceptionally well.

FYI - I don't know you actually, nor anyone specific for that matter.

But what's the problem if I like action? I recognize it's not the most important thing, but when the excuse for battles is a good story, then it makes everyting more interesting, it's the case of CG and FMA.
DN is pretty high too, but the quality dropped in the middle, if it was as good as the first 10 episodes, then I would rate it in my top5, even if it didn't have battles...
And it's ilogical to say just because I think plot is more important than action my top5 should be animes with purely plot, that's ridiculous.
And if you haven't seen Monster, you should, since it's one of the bets anime/manga out there.

Anohana has terrible characters and unrealisticaly silly dialogues and scenes.

Yes, Genre doesn't matter if it's done well, but Anohana does not.

Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night a 10? Really?
AnoniMusApr 10, 2012 6:39 PM
Apr 12, 2012 2:57 AM

Sep 2009
AnoniMus said:

But what's the problem if I like action? I recognize it's not the most important thing, but when the excuse for battles is a good story, then it makes everyting more interesting, it's the case of CG and FMA.
DN is pretty high too, but the quality dropped in the middle, if it was as good as the first 10 episodes, then I would rate it in my top5, even if it didn't have battles...
And it's ilogical to say just because I think plot is more important than action my top5 should be animes with purely plot, that's ridiculous.
And if you haven't seen Monster, you should, since it's one of the bets anime/manga out there.

Anohana has terrible characters and unrealisticaly silly dialogues and scenes.

Yes, Genre doesn't matter if it's done well, but Anohana does not.

Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night a 10? Really?

There's nothing with Action, you have misinterpreted what I've said.

Having your favorite genre as Action, or Drama, or Slice of Life is perfectly fine; but when you start to discredit other genre because it doesn't meet your expectations of "good" because of your favorite genre then we have a big problem my friend. Such relative standards just don't carry over universally.
I think DN carries though pretty smoothly. You must be thinking that it doesn't because of the drastic character shift everyone gets in the second arc. I admit I also prefer when Yagami was the underdog and everyone else was the force against him but that's just wishful thinking.
It's not that farfetched that your Top 5 should be plot oriented if you prefer plot over action. What I understand now is that your Top 5 is action oriented since most of your Tops leans towards Action more. As for Monster I haven't seen it yet since I just haven't gotten around to watch it, simple as that. Theses things airing now that I prefer to see just because of my personal preference. I'll get to Monster once I'm feeling a bit more despair because it seems like that sort of story.

Now that we're talking about Ano Hi at hand, which I've been dying to do, I don't see any concrete evidence for what your saying.

A series like this there's ALWAYS room for character development considering that the cast is about 8 characters. As a matter of fact I think they did wonderful in that aspect since it's only 11 episodes long. You have to be realistic, what do you expect from 11 episodes? Especially from such a perplexing story. Yes, the premise is simple, even cliche, but the events that occur take up a considerable amount of screen time. Honestly in 11 episodes, they had to let something slide.
I don't see your problem with the dialogue. Unrealistic? How so? I understand if think it's a bit "silly" if your referring along the lines of being cheesy, but unrealistic? Are they not expressing their emotions sufficiently or something? Their dialogue and interactions seem perfect fine as the character arch types they play, how they interact with other character arch types, and most importantly for the story. Further elaborations is needed from you since I don't entirely understand your conflict with the dialogue.

Honestly, FSN got a 10 out of nostalgia. It was very early in my Otaku days and I found it completely mesmerizing. The characters, the small attention to plot, and the premise was so exciting. In reality though I would of given it an 8/9. After rewatching I see things that could of been done better.
FZ is a straight up 10 though, not even a debate. I would reevaluate my score to a 9 if you feel uncomfortable about my score but it's still golden. Type_Moon and ufotable are honestly one of the best duos in the Anime Industry. Fate series went from the cell shade style of FSN into a full bloom ufotable legendary animation that's airing now. The story itself is about fives times are more intriguing as FSN and every character is so well polished I'm completely taken by surprise by how well it came out. Rarely does a series actually BEAT the prequel.
Apr 12, 2012 3:51 AM

Oct 2009
Actually my favourite genre it's drama, so technically I should like Anohana, but it isn't the case.

I'm sick of talking about anohana, I didn't find the dialogue realistic, basically because she was dead so long time ago but they talked about her as it was something recent. The only part where dialogue was good was when it wasn't about Menma as I said on another topic, for example when Anaru was trying to convince Jintan to go to school.
In the end, becuase I hate the melodramatic dialogues and the character it's impossible to find appealing, no matter what happens, even if in the end everybody died I wouldn't care, au contraire, I'd love it because they were annoying.

Fate Zero problem is the dialogue and direction. The ost and artwork are just above average. There's a review which can explain how I feel better than me - http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/review/fate/zero/episodes-1

Of course I don't think it's as bad as he says, It deserves at least an 8 and it could become a 9 depending on the future, but he's right about what he says.
Apr 12, 2012 7:12 PM

Sep 2009
AnoniMus said:
Actually my favourite genre it's drama, so technically I should like Anohana, but it isn't the case.

I'm sick of talking about anohana, I didn't find the dialogue realistic, basically because she was dead so long time ago but they talked about her as it was something recent. The only part where dialogue was good was when it wasn't about Menma as I said on another topic, for example when Anaru was trying to convince Jintan to go to school.
In the end, becuase I hate the melodramatic dialogues and the character it's impossible to find appealing, no matter what happens, even if in the end everybody died I wouldn't care, au contraire, I'd love it because they were annoying.

Fate Zero problem is the dialogue and direction. The ost and artwork are just above average. There's a review which can explain how I feel better than me - http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/review/fate/zero/episodes-1

Of course I don't think it's as bad as he says, It deserves at least an 8 and it could become a 9 depending on the future, but he's right about what he says.

You may hate it but I just barely arrive at the party so we're doing this one way or another :)

Your concern about Menma is that you have to see it from their perspective. Menma died ten years ago but for them it's seems like it happened yesterday. That's pretty much a huge chunk of the story since they haven't gotten over her death. I also think your a bit wrong since only Jinta, and eventually Poppo, talks to Menma casually; everyone else is still skeptical. Once they accept it though it's pretty obvious that they their standing, from their perspective, haven't changed a bit; their still longing for things as they were in the past.
As for "melodramatic" again, it's relative. Even if you find it unsatisfying that just means...you find it unsatisfying, not that it's universally unsatisfying. I don't think it's melodramatic at all since this is a traumatic experience that they finally have some closure too. It's been 10 years of this agonizing weight that's finally being lifted, so I think their reactions are not melodramatic at all; especially since this sorta stuff isn't an everyday opportunity.
In short...relative standards buddy, relative standards :)

I find that "review" comedical to be honest. I disagree with a large majority of what they wrote. Mainly because of the same reason why I disagree with you. The standards that they used to "rate" is just so personal that it doesn't hold much in terms of a universal perspective. I saw that they actually rated the Subs? Like wtflol? I don't really give too much weight in other people's "reviews" anymore because it's just so subjective. There's giving one's opinion then there's passing it as fact, just so wrong.

Quickly addressing two points that you put out, the dialogue in FZ is great since it's the type of story that calls for such specific and detailed conversations; it also helps since FZ is also a stand alone series so somethings have to be made clear as for the people didn't see FSN. As for direction I don't see a problem at all, it's pretty clear cut and never random. Maybe that's just you having trouble following it?
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» I'm watching this in 2024

bUriTtOTiTaN - Mar 26

30 by RegicakTiiy »»
Mar 29, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1235 by sarkardragon »»
Feb 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

387 by mylovetokoyami »»
Feb 16, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

229 by nisensi »»
Feb 9, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notnishiura - Apr 21, 2011

358 by Xeehad »»
Jan 17, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.