Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 19, 2011 4:34 PM
May 2011
This so is rather symmetrical...if you know what I'm talking >_< lol..but Im guessing nobody will.
ban1o.jpg
Jul 19, 2011 7:08 PM

Aug 2010
I think this will be going in my "so bad it's good" pile.
Jul 20, 2011 12:35 AM

Oct 2010
The only thing great about this episode was the surprise of my favorite seiyuu, Jun Fukuyama, being the bishie-evil-brother-antagonist-monocle guy Hinata :)
Jul 20, 2011 6:55 AM

Jul 2010
I'm just glad its not loli kugimiya who wanted someone as her slave. :)
Jul 20, 2011 1:17 PM

Feb 2010
LELOUCH! He should have voiced Taito. <3

How did Taito survive?? Did I miss something?
Jul 20, 2011 1:28 PM

Jan 2009
Rhypo-oniichan said:
LELOUCH! He should have voiced Taito. <3

How did Taito survive?? Did I miss something?
FukuJun voicing Taito would've been bad. It would've been fine if he voiced Gekkou, but Taito's character is just completely wrong for FukuJun. It would just be plain odd.

And no, you didn't really miss anything. It's just that they didn't explain anything yet.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 20, 2011 1:54 PM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed the second episode even more than the first! I hope they explain how Taito's still alive despite dying for the seventh time. Maybe Himea gave up some of her own immortality to give him a "1-up". I'm sure we'll find out next week.

The animation is gorgeous, probably the best on TV right now. The plot and characters are all derivative as hell--Gekkou is Haruhi crossed with Sasuke--but it's fun and it's pretty, and there's cute catgirl fanservice. What's not to love?

4.5/5
Jul 20, 2011 11:54 PM

Apr 2010
All I got out of this episode was, Lelouch & Ar Tonelico.
Jul 21, 2011 12:17 AM

Jun 2009
Mirai reminds me of Pichu...
MiniJustaFeb 21, 2014 3:24 PM
I like pancakes.
Jul 22, 2011 10:53 AM
Feb 2011
Since I'm lazy to to read all of the pages, someone (please) tell me how's the censuring in this show ?
Jul 25, 2011 5:55 PM
Feb 2011
Haven't noticed any censoring in the second episode, but there were two sunbeam occurrences in the first one though.

Anyway.
I'm tempted to rewatch these two episodes in order to count the number of times they say "Taito!" or "Himeaaa". :D
Like someone said on the first page, I feel sad for Haruka as she doen't stand a chance against Himea. Look at her on the series' MAL page, they even (partially) put her in the upper right corner of the picture, looking away and sad. She looks like a really sweet girl, and her support over all those years will go to naught because of Taito's summer crush of 9 years ago. I mean, I like Himea, but yeah... :(

About Himea, why didn't she fight against Hinata? She just sat there, looking at how Taito got beaten up. She's supposed to be the stronger one, isn't she?
What I'm also wondering is how old she actually is? She can manipulate her body to look younger or older, so I doubt she was only six at the time. Does that make her a shotacon? 8D
Taito's one of those guys that swear to protect the girl while she could stand her own ground. Stop trying to act all cool and macho, dude, you're the weak one here, you only got that power 5 minutes ago.

Beams up to the sky, magic circles everywhere... and no one saw it besides them. :') I do hope we'll get an explanation about Taito's mysterious survival though. I bet Himea sacrificed her powers so he could live!

Oh, and I love the girls' hair!
godspeedspikeJul 25, 2011 5:58 PM
Aug 6, 2011 2:35 PM

Nov 2006
Feels like a textbook shonen, but I like how colorful it is. I wonder how far I'll make it on that.

Thanks to the previous posts that explain why he's still alive. Also, will it be explained later why it's specifically 6 extra lives with in a 15 min period? It's just bugging me a bit.
Aug 9, 2011 12:43 AM

Nov 2007
I thought I was watching Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch cause Taiko sounds like Kaito.. and it's repeated many many times.

Got Milk?
Aug 14, 2011 1:45 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, I'm impressed with how close the anime adapted much of the same events (mostly, the fights) that happened in the manga's chapter 6, 7 and 8, even chapter 8's epilogue! (Yes, episode 2 of the anime is already equivalent to chapter 6, 7 and 8 in the manga) Granted, I haven't read the light novel, but to me it felt as if many of the events in the manga came to life with the anime's adaptation. Both the manga and the anime felt really rushed, though.

Like in the manga, it wasn't exactly shown how Taito came back to life. The only thing I know for sure, is that he did not revive due to his power, but due to something else. As for that, I don't know exactly how. Most likely, it will be explained in later episodes and chapters. Only the light novel readers would know for sure.

Also, they cut out the parts where after the fight with Hinata, how the four of them (including Taito's burnt body) became allies under Gekkou's leadership, the scene where the homeroom teacher introduced Himea to the class and when Mirai barged into the classroom before Gekkou appeared in front of Taito. Not very important scenes, I know, but it wouldn't have hurt to see those animated too. (Then again, those scenes might not have happened in the original LN) For the parts they did animate, they did great.
May 24, 2012 7:56 PM

Jul 2010
taito is actually a bad@$$, doesnt take shit from ppl, and actually likes his situation, though he is aware of the "risks" involved in it

Mar 9, 2013 1:03 PM

May 2012
This sure was a great episode, nice development already in the second episode and the first villain seems to be defeated! Now Himea entered his school so this can get rather interesting!

The pace sure has been improved and sure love the current setting!
Oct 21, 2016 8:23 AM

Dec 2014
WELL THAT EXPLAINED EVERYTHING... I mean the title is the prtagonist
Apr 16, 2021 4:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow that's some interesting development, that was a tough battle but they did well, and Himea is transferred to his school now, it's gonna be interesting xD
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Oosran - Jul 8, 2011

124 by godzalo »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:34 PM

» How many of the A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives light novels were adapted into anime?

Comet - Aug 17, 2015

2 by el_morris »»
Apr 24, 2022 9:28 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 23, 2011

95 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 26, 2021 7:48 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 16, 2011

61 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 12:05 PM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 10 Discussion

Elite60 - Sep 9, 2011

29 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.