Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 15, 2011 10:40 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Starting the episode off with this flashback. Good. Would've been terribad if they skipped it.
See, it wasn't Gekkou. ( ¬‿¬)
And that's an interesting way they chose to show how many deaths and rebirths Taito has left.
And dat OP. Too bad it wasn't the song in the PVs. Oh well.
And you see, people, that's how you fight when it doesn't matter if you lose an arm or two.
And thar comes JUNE FOOKOYAHMA ( ¬‿¬) Oh the English narrator in the PVs <3 Hinata.
Well, slightly different than expected, but still, this is pretty awesome.

Also. Oh, Zexcs. You and your fanservice.
OosranJul 15, 2011 10:44 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 15, 2011 10:47 AM

Nov 2007
what?? Fukuyama-san's character is half that blue hair guy and white hair guy??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 15, 2011 10:59 AM

Aug 2009
FFFFFUUUUUUUUU where's my awesome OP song from the PV?!
And lol, the OP is like one big Saitohimea fanservice scene. Oh Zexcs.
But the song is still pretty cool.

Anyway, enter JUNE FOOKOYAHMA. I was waiting for his appearance at least a seiyuu that's really good, Itsuten's seiyuu are... really average.

And Andou Mirai in biribiri mode was awesome.
Samu-tanJul 15, 2011 1:10 PM
Jul 15, 2011 11:13 AM
Jun 2008
Himea's hair is so flashy. 0.0

the story development go so fast,that the teacher doesn't even have chance to intro Himea lol

I like my fanservice served in cencor mode pls ><
MorningGloryJul 15, 2011 12:33 PM
Jul 15, 2011 11:13 AM

Aug 2010
Himea and Mirai are so cute. It was nice that they went with mostly action the whole way and still managed to explain a little back story.
Jul 15, 2011 11:56 AM

Oct 2010
If there is one thing about this episode is Gekkou EPIC! My favorite has to got to be of when he stab Hinata with his sword in the following,

now that was lovely! Splendid! Magnificent beyond anything! For what that shit Hinata do as means to an end is RAGE! Not acceptable plainly in my religious beliefs. You got love Gekkou's stance while charging towards Hinata and that stab wound in the spoiler
unfortunately that was certainly not enough as Hinata's body disappears and is projected outwards through a ball.

OK, Taito gets a brawny point for saving Gekkou in the spoiler

However don't think I will forget nor forgive Himea's slutty way to getting Taito and don't think Himea will be of any drama nor tears being for her. Nor think I will have any sympathy for a vampire slut just like Mina was. Oh man if I were in the thread of “Dance in the Vampire Bund” I would so bitch at Mina Tepes many times.

I find that Hinata's spider suddenly sent out a mini ultima spell and Taito was cool for being all in fire to disintegrate Hinata in the spoiler
Unfortunately that was far not enough and Taito gets super holed with a laser type weapon. Well I do admit that Hinata finger pointing and up close appearance wise has his charms but I still hate him!Taito doing his serious speech here made me want to punch him somewhat. Mainly probably due to it being for Himea whom I don't like. Still that was one heck of a #2 disintegration of Hinata in the spoiler
now that was satisfying. Once again Hinata tries to escape with that orb but this is where my second favorite with Gekkou comes as follows,

now that was kick ass! Especially that sword going through orb and the orb dissipating into heavens. While I am somewhat baffled at why all this turned the moon into the same color as the orb? I wonder. More later.
STM said:
No surprise there, I have investigated the differences with the manga and not Himea is being emphasized for ecchi but lots of things. Like Oosran said from last episode "I do not approve the fan service in this series" Well I don't either, although the gore is fine.
Oosran said:
Starting the episode off with this flashback. Good. Would've been terribly bad if they skipped it.
Well that's good and the manga does that too so I suppose this following the manga is somewhat good.
Oosran said:
Yeah I know it's his fucking stupid evil twin and I know all about Gekkou and his twin. His twin brother is a sick shit bastard in the manga who sacrificed as a means for him to gain powers and he has to do it all every set number of years. If there is someone to hate more than Himea for me is Gekkou's brother.
Yumekichi11Jul 16, 2011 3:20 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 15, 2011 12:25 PM

Apr 2010
I don't see why people hate on the fanservice. Its not like this is some deep show or anything. Its a cheesy action show with fanservice thrown in... its a fine combination.

That said, I'm liking it just because of how over the top it is. The best loli of the season as well.

Looks like next episode is a pool episode!

Jul 15, 2011 1:35 PM

Aug 2009
The more substantial (de)merits of this show notwithstanding, my biggest issue with it (and others like it) is the fact that the odds are like 1000:1 against Haruka as far as romance is concerned from the get-go. Yeah, Himea's been tortured and alone for the past nine years, but my sympathies always seem to go out to the normal girl. Oh well.
Ha-cha!
Jul 15, 2011 2:22 PM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
it's his fucking stupid evil twin
"His fucking stupid evil twin with the only awesome seiyuu in the show," if I may.
LightningRamiel said:
the fact that the odds are like 1000:1 against Haruka as far as romance is concerned from the get-go. Yeah, Himea's been tortured and alone for the past nine years, but my sympathies always seem to go out to the normal girl. Oh well.
Then there's the fact that Taito's technically contracted to stay with Himea forever and ever.
Not much of a chance for Haruka, no.
But why would I care, because Himea's hair <3 Dat rhyme.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 15, 2011 2:27 PM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
Yumekichi11 said:
it's his fucking stupid evil twin
"His fucking stupid evil twin with the only awesome seiyuu in the show," if I may.
Yeah OK he is cool as follows,

I just find him stupid to sacrifice what he did. Heck he could have gotten other kids, perhaps a girl that likes him or something. It would be just as gruesome as what he used for sacrifice, whom I am not saying more. Don't want to spoil that one.
Oosran said:
LightningRamiel said:
the fact that the odds are like 1000:1 against Haruka as far as romance is concerned from the get-go. Yeah, Himea's been tortured and alone for the past nine years, but my sympathies always seem to go out to the normal girl. Oh well.
Then there's the fact that Taito's technically contracted to stay with Himea forever and ever.
Not much of a chance for Haruka, no.
NOT RIGHT! Harem dude Haruka x Himea + Taito = harem ero fest. Himea may even grant eternal life to Haruka.

BTW: That guy is not dead even though it may look like it.

Jul 15, 2011 2:44 PM

Oct 2008

Jul 15, 2011 3:00 PM

Feb 2008
A moment ago I thought it was Lelouch haha

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 15, 2011 3:07 PM

Nov 2010
Uh so, the guy revives and they fight him again. GOOD PLOT!
Jul 15, 2011 3:09 PM

Aug 2009
ayeyosteven said:
Uh so, the guy revives and they fight him again. GOOD PLOT!

You started watching a fun action shounen-ish anime and you're expecting a brilliant plot and story.
You're doing it wrong.
Jul 15, 2011 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
Himea, do you love Taito? I'm not quite sure after this episode... Perhaps, you could repeat it more than the 30 times it was said in this episode...

It just all played out like a predictable and very corny soap opera...
I love you!
I hate your guts!
I'm so much better than you now! OMG! You're so much better than me now!
Give up now because you have no chance of defeating my attack! OMG! You defeated my attack!
*Dude pulls the light laser beam from palm of hand and out of nowhere trick while spouting corny lines of truth and justice* You killed the giant random spider, I have respect for you now, but I won't show it overtly...

Is a single one of these characters memorable or unique in any way?
Add the panty flashes (WHY?) and I assume I am not the target audience.
Too bad because I do find the most of the character design and animation to be quite good. I am partial to light effects and this series has a ton of it.
Jul 15, 2011 4:46 PM

Sep 2008
I can't decide if the guys are hotter or is the girls are cuter in this anime...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2011 4:51 PM
Apr 2011
wow you could get lost in looking at all of the amazing colors. im loving it lol especially himea hair its gorgeous.
Jul 15, 2011 5:26 PM

Jul 2011
So much better then the first episode which I thought was pretty mediocre. It was just so ridiculous. Can be a bad thing but in this case it made me laugh so much. Was great.
Jul 15, 2011 5:38 PM

Sep 2010

Those flashes were completely forgettable. Well forgettable for a pantyshot fan like myself so I guess those flashes are more memorable for non-panty fans, odd. Wouldn't you spend your time better focusing on aspects that you like rather than dwelling on shit you don't.

Jul 15, 2011 6:10 PM

Oct 2010
TMultimate said:
Well that's what I though in regards to your spoiler.

Jul 15, 2011 7:44 PM

Apr 2010
Anime_Name said:

Those flashes were completely forgettable. Well forgettable for a pantyshot fan like myself so I guess those flashes are more memorable for non-panty fans, odd. Wouldn't you spend your time better focusing on aspects that you like rather than dwelling on shit you don't.

Yeah, I was actually disappointed at the lack of fanservice this time compared to the first episode. And the panty shots were really lame, the kind you'd see in a lot of normal anime.

Hell, the Fairy Tail episode today had more panty shots

Jul 15, 2011 7:49 PM
Jul 2011
Though lacking in fan service, im more interested in the story and how it will unfold, i got high hopes for this series. Taito is a badass being all immortal and what not. (even though he dies if he gets killed 7 times)
Jul 15, 2011 8:45 PM

Jan 2011
This series reminds me of Fate/Stay Night. They cleared up all the mysteries in two eps, what's up with that? Hope they keep up with this drama.
Jul 15, 2011 9:17 PM

Jul 2010
LightningRamiel said:
The more substantial (de)merits of this show notwithstanding, my biggest issue with it (and others like it) is the fact that the odds are like 1000:1 against Haruka as far as romance is concerned from the get-go. Yeah, Himea's been tortured and alone for the past nine years, but my sympathies always seem to go out to the normal girl. Oh well.

Oh I would not be so fast as to judge Haruka a normal girl....haha.

Jul 15, 2011 9:34 PM

Jun 2010
I love this anime. I still don't know how he's alive. Maybe the clock hit the quarter and he got his 7 lives again. That's what I'm guessing.

Jul 15, 2011 9:37 PM
Jul 2011
13man18 said:
I love this anime. I still don't know how he's alive. Maybe the clock hit the quarter and he got his 7 lives again. That's what I'm guessing.

that actually makes alot of sense since it resets every 15 minutes
Jul 15, 2011 9:42 PM
Jun 2009
Enjoying this show alot I mixes the fan service and gore pretty good so far and I am liking the story hell this might end up in my favs depending on how it goes
Jul 15, 2011 10:55 PM

Oct 2008
Anime_Name said:

Unfortunately, I loathe blatant fanservice (i.e. panty shots, breast-groping, girl falling spread legged on progaonist's face). It's ultimately personal preference (whatever floats your boat), but I just find it's a lazy way to pander to most people that watch anime and I don't find it particularly appealing to begin with.

I was hoping for a romance/action mix with memorable characters, but I don't think I'll be getting that.

By the way, your avatar is absolutely awesome.
Jul 15, 2011 10:56 PM

Dec 2010
Man I'm so glad this show is entertaining to compensate for the cliches.

For instance, that ending where Himea ends up being a transfer student and in re same class as Taito.

I was screaming in my head "LOL WTF?" so many times it was hilarious.

Haruka is sooo fucking cute omfg. I'm glad I got to see her this episode.

As for how Taito was still alive, I'm pretty sure 15 minutes have past, thus resetting his number of lives. Talk about good timing. Btw he acts like an arrogant jackass

Looking forward to next one.
RezurrektJul 15, 2011 10:59 PM

Jul 15, 2011 11:17 PM

Sep 2010
Omniknight said:
Anime_Name said:

Unfortunately, I loathe blatant fanservice (i.e. panty shots, breast-groping, girl falling spread legged on progaonist's face). It's ultimately personal preference (whatever floats your boat), but I just find it's a lazy way to pander to most people that watch anime and I don't find it particularly appealing to begin with.

I was hoping for a romance/action mix with memorable characters, but I don't think I'll be getting that.

Well your loathing is making what little fanservice there was in ep2 more noticeable to you than it is to people actively seeking it, I am so jealous. Even with the bus scene in episode 1 it was clear this show was going to be pretty shonen cliche heavy with some compromising situations. The pantyshots we only blatant enough to show panties, which is the only way to have a pantyshot.

Personal preference indeed but keep in mind this show is what it is if your preference is against what this show is doing there's always Sacred Seven, Penguin Drum, the two Kamisamas, No.6, and Dantalion for your hopes. Try to not be too much of a downer for those of us that like to watch this sort of content.

Jul 15, 2011 11:26 PM

Apr 2010
Anime_Name said:
Omniknight said:
Anime_Name said:

Well your loathing is making what little fanservice there was in ep2 more noticeable to you than it is to people actively seeking it, I am so jealous. Even with the bus scene in episode 1 it was clear this show was going to be pretty shonen cliche heavy with some compromising situations. The pantyshots we only blatant enough to show panties, which is the only way to have a pantyshot.

Personal preference indeed but keep in mind this show is what it is if your preference is against what this show is doing there's always Sacred Seven, Penguin Drum, the two Kamisamas, No.6, and Dantalion for your hopes. Try to not be too much of a downer for those of us that like to watch this sort of content.

He/she probably wouldn't like Kamisama Neet Detective either. First episode had a panty shot

Jul 15, 2011 11:29 PM

Oct 2010
Aside from the fan service talk, smell the roses cause I found the OP:

Not in 720p but it could open discussions. Personally I will add more as to what I think of the OP.

Jul 16, 2011 12:52 AM

Apr 2011
Am I the only one who noticed when Haruka appeared towards the end, her hair looks like it's turning blue at the bottom like Himea's? I suppose the means something right?
Jul 16, 2011 1:56 AM

Oct 2008
...this anime is really stupid lol..
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Jul 16, 2011 2:10 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, Jun & Yuichi. Cool & Sexy voices. LOL
Jul 16, 2011 2:51 AM

Oct 2010
JVSeg92 said:
Am I the only one who noticed when Haruka appeared towards the end, her hair looks like it's turning blue at the bottom like Himea's? I suppose the means something right?
I noticed it a little too but what I am more concerned about is if anyone noticed the light thingies on both the hairs of Himea and Andou in the spoiler
it also may mean something.

A small list of elements.
  • I find both censors lame in the following spoiler
    mainly due to one being pointless with all the panties shot of Andou and the censoring of Taito's upper body is gay. I clearly see him here and that his upper torso is missing. So it's clearly bad censors.

• Anyone got reminded of Andou's tail in the spoiler
    as the same one of Pikachu? Sure made me.

• The manga version was far more grotesque of Hinata's sacrifice of his parents. Compare yourselves in the spoiler
    and you know I am right.
That's all I will point out for now.

Jul 16, 2011 3:38 AM

Feb 2010
Oh, noes D: The ending is so beautiful, Akiko Shikata! °_°
Jul 16, 2011 4:55 AM
Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

• The manga version was far more grotesque of Hinata's sacrifice of his parents. Compare yourselves in the spoiler
    and you know I am right. That's all I will point out for now.

• this is the original version from the light novel T.T

Its like a few head stick together like deformed monster found in LN of Gakuto Codalol .The manga is more nicer(at least look like a monster)
    MorningGloryJul 16, 2011 4:59 AM
    Jul 16, 2011 5:03 AM

Jan 2010
    LELOUCH!!!!!

Good episode, though I wished they explained how Taito survived that last fight with Hinata? I thought he suppose to die after 6 deaths?
    Jul 16, 2011 6:50 AM

Oct 2010
    DaiTomodachi said:
    Good episode, though I wished they explained how Taito survived that last fight with Hinata? I thought he suppose to die after 6 deaths?
    Only explanation is Himea did something. She did get all her magic back as soon as she met Taito else she could not stop spell Andou.

Jul 16, 2011 7:33 AM
    Feb 2011
    since there is pretty much positive stuff here, I shall keep my rants away from here. however, including the final part, plus Gekkou's back story with Hinata and Mirai, plus the trivials, there's more than 100 pages of unanimated stuff, out of which Gekkou's backstory constitutes an entire chapter of 80 pages in the novel.

as to how Taito revives, there is a reason for it, and he did use up his 7 lives. more than likely, it'll be explained in episode 7 or 8 (i'm some kind of psychic, you see ^_^).

I presume Gekkou's back story will be inserted in the next 1 or 2 episodes to meld it with another part of the next arc, so I'll just keep my peace.
    Jul 16, 2011 7:38 AM
    Jun 2008
    hhahahah I am more interested on why Hinata thirst for power in the first place =P
    Jul 16, 2011 8:39 AM

May 2010
    nice episode.the ending song is good
    Jul 16, 2011 8:45 AM
    Feb 2011
    MorningGlory said:
    hhahahah I am more interested on why Hinata thirst for power in the first place =P

unfortunately, it will not be covered this season.
    Jul 16, 2011 9:17 AM

Feb 2009
    A little too much screaming for my tastes. I want to enjoy it but somehow I cant fully get into it. Better than previous ep though not much. Still dont know what's going on.
    And it's amusing that Taito spams his immortality like that but he really needs to keep count of it.
    Himea is okay but I have a knack to support childhood friends so yeah.
    Jul 16, 2011 11:06 AM

Aug 2008
    It went downhill IMO, I actually facepalmed.
    That was so rush. Hinata got pwned so easily.

Where is Himea's emotional cry after Taito died?
    Where is explanation for Taito's survival? (This may be explained later, so I'll reserve my word for time being)
    But where is Gekkou-Mirai-Hinata flashback? (Maybe later too?)

The episode is OK, but I'm a little disappointed.
    They can extend this to another episode. Why do they have to sum up the first volume in 2 episodes?
    And the music from PV is good, where is it?
    Jul 16, 2011 11:30 AM

Jun 2011
    Mirai is so damnnnn cute!!! i like this little girl^^
    Jul 16, 2011 12:28 PM

Apr 2011
    Yumekichi said:

• Anyone got reminded of Andou's tail in the spoiler
    as the same one of Pikachu? Sure made me.

• Haha that's exactly what ran through my mind as soon as Andou transformed: "Yellow hair, spiky tail, she knows thunderbolt...she's a freaking Pikachu!"
    Jul 16, 2011 12:34 PM

Apr 2011
    This episode was better than the first. So Taito has thanks to Himea seven lives and can heal his severe wounds. The fight between Taito, Gekkou and Hinata was great. But whyTaito resurrected after his death? There was no explanation.
    Jul 16, 2011 1:03 PM
    Jan 2011
    Yumekichi11 said:
    If there is one thing about this episode is Gekkou EPIC! My favorite has to got to be of when he stab Hinata with his sword in the following,

now that was lovely! Splendid! Magnificent beyond anything! For what that shit Hinata do as means to an end is RAGE! Not acceptable plainly in my religious beliefs. You got love Gekkou's stance while charging towards Hinata and that stab wound in the spoiler
    unfortunately that was certainly not enough as Hinata's body disappears and is projected outwards through a ball.

OK, Taito gets a brawny point for saving Gekkou in the spoiler

However don't think I will forget nor forgive Himea's slutty way to getting Taito and don't think Himea will be of any drama nor tears being for her. Nor think I will have any sympathy for a vampire slut just like Mina was. Oh man if I were in the thread of “Dance in the Vampire Bund” I would so bitch at Mina Tepes many times.

I find that Hinata's spider suddenly sent out a mini ultima spell and Taito was cool for being all in fire to disintegrate Hinata in the spoiler
    Unfortunately that was far not enough and Taito gets super holed with a laser type weapon. Well I do admit that Hinata finger pointing and up close appearance wise has his charms but I still hate him!Taito doing his serious speech here made me want to punch him somewhat. Mainly probably due to it being for Himea whom I don't like. Still that was one heck of a #2 disintegration of Hinata in the spoiler
    now that was satisfying. Once again Hinata tries to escape with that orb but this is where my second favorite with Gekkou comes as follows,

now that was kick ass! Especially that sword going through orb and the orb dissipating into heavens. While I am somewhat baffled at why all this turned the moon into the same color as the orb? I wonder. More later.
    STM said:
    No surprise there, I have investigated the differences with the manga and not Himea is being emphasized for ecchi but lots of things. Like Oosran said from last episode "I do not approve the fan service in this series" Well I don't either, although the gore is fine.
    Oosran said:
    Starting the episode off with this flashback. Good. Would've been terribly bad if they skipped it.
    Well that's good and the manga does that too so I suppose this following the manga is somewhat good.
    Oosran said:
    Yeah I know it's his fucking stupid evil twin and I know all about Gekkou and his twin. His twin brother is a sick shit bastard in the manga who sacrificed as a means for him to gain powers and he has to do it all every set number of years. If there is someone to hate more than Himea for me is Gekkou's brother.

wonderful
    Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Oosran - Jul 8, 2011

124 by godzalo »»
    Aug 3, 2023 6:34 PM

» How many of the A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives light novels were adapted into anime?

Comet - Aug 17, 2015

2 by el_morris »»
    Apr 24, 2022 9:28 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 23, 2011

95 by Zekkenshin »»
    Apr 26, 2021 7:48 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 16, 2011

61 by Ashhk »»
    Apr 16, 2021 12:05 PM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 10 Discussion

Elite60 - Sep 9, 2011

29 by Ashhk »»
    Apr 16, 2021 11:32 AM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.