MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi »» Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

42 28.19%
4 out of 5: Liked it

32 21.48%
3 out of 5: It was OK

53 35.57%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

13 8.72%
1 out of 5: Hated it

9 6.04%
Voters: 149

02-15-12, 10:56 PM

As seen in the trailers, the style of animation was different, animation quality was ok, and it got better in the battle at the final, it got all the effects. The movie was good overall, the argument was entretaining and it was good to see Ed and Al in another journey.

8/10

All my gifs are in my blog

02-16-12, 1:28 AM

The movie was ok, just love the action.
Ed and Juila simply AWESOME!

8/10

02-16-12, 1:24 PM

Just your average filler movie.

4/10

02-16-12, 11:31 PM

10/10 for me, i'm weird.

02-17-12, 12:55 AM

cafekun said:
10/10 for me, i'm weird.

Good for you. Don't enter the "all anime fillers are bad so this has to be shit" bandwagon. :)

Are you sexy as f*ck? If yes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Join MAL's sexiest users!!!!!

02-17-12, 2:22 AM

Finally watched it after months of waiting since the release. My thoughts are pretty mixed up but I'm glad I get to see FMA again. The animation wasn't that bad as I had expected. I give this a 9/10.
Modified by jay729, 02-22-12, 10:59 PM

02-19-12, 5:23 AM

Sir_Lexa said:
cafekun said:
10/10 for me, i'm weird.

Good for you. Don't enter the "all anime fillers are bad so this has to be shit" bandwagon. :)
Agreed that it was good. It needs more showing of old characters.

If there was a movie sequel to Brotherhood, I would be happy to watch it though.

02-19-12, 5:36 AM

It wasn't bad, still I expected it to be a lot better than that.
I give it a 6/10.

02-19-12, 5:47 AM

Pretty good movie, 8/10 for me, I enjoyed it. I thought everyone's hair was drawn too blobby though, it looked weird.

02-19-12, 1:27 PM

Ousto said:
Pretty good movie, 8/10 for me, I enjoyed it. I thought everyone's hair was drawn too blobby though, it looked weird.

the character designs were redone to fit the new style. actually, the character designer & animation director of this movie is also the character designed and animation director for Tokyo Godfathers - the guy knew what he was doing.

02-20-12, 3:43 AM

pretty solid movie in my opinion 8/10 very nice movie

02-23-12, 8:23 PM

Sigh. I wish they didn't change the basic laws of the abilities when they make movies. They always do this. >_>

02-24-12, 6:37 AM

i felt kind of disappointing not that i expected something but i think they can do better than this
i thought mustang would fight but no.he really cant do anything here

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-

02-24-12, 8:27 PM

I'd give it a 7/10.
Actually didn't like the character animation, seemed a bit too wierd for FMA in the end but who cares.
It was entertaining, but not more than that.

PS:
did anyone think of star wars anyhow? it felt like everyone was shooting their lightining blasts around, i really laughed hard when i saw them do this xD

02-25-12, 5:58 PM

A want a sequel! I give it an 8/10.

I was actually going to complain about the lack of consistency with the animation, it was all over the place, but the story was good so I can over look that.

I would've liked for Julia and Al to meet, if they ever make a spin-off with Al as the main character after the ending of Brotherhood.

02-25-12, 7:14 PM

7/10 it was just Ok .-.
I love FMA but this movie was predictable, the animation was kind of weird and Mustang didn't have enough time on screen uwu but anyway It was entertaining at least :3

I found interesting those names given to the Milos inhabitants like "pedro" and "karina" lol

02-26-12, 4:26 PM

I wanted more screen time from Roy Mustang.... all he did was cauterize her wound -.- Nice use of his abilities..

02-27-12, 6:56 AM

Nice movie, better than I expected because of the low rating given here. 7,5/10 for me because of the lack of Mustang's epicness and the animation (one of the few x,5 that I'll round up because it's closer to an 8 than to a 7 imo)

03-01-12, 5:43 AM

Good movie I loved the action.
8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.

03-03-12, 7:52 PM

I was quite excited to see this movie, but after watching it, I am sorely disappointed. The entire movie just seemed too contrived to me, maybe because its length meant that the story within the movie needed to be condensed. Right from the get-go, I thought that everything moved a bit too quickly and conveniently for my tastes.

I also thought the whole business about “taking back the Holy land of Milos with the Philosopher’s stone, which will give us the power of the miasma/magma or whatever” totally ludicrous. First of all, they didn’t seem to have any plan for what they would do if they obtained the stone. Even at the end of the story, the success of the battle was largely due to chance and nothing they did was really thought through. Were they just going to barge into enemy base, protecting the one person who actually had the Philosopher’s stone, who would then proceed to blast away all the State Alchemists and thereby take back Milos? And also, what about the residents of the city that they reconquered? I’m sure some of them would protest against being taken over – how would these particular residents have been dealt with? This was never answered in the movie either.
Secondly, I did not understand the ‘power of the miasma’ bit at all. All I could think was: WTF?

The moral preaching of the movie also got on my nerves, which is probably because the characters’ morals didn’t have enough buildup and support unlike the FMA series. The characters just very bluntly told the audience their morals rather than show where these morals came from, which did not make them very convincing. Even at the end there was a scene where Al and the girl discussed how she had ‘learned’ that ‘obtaining power did not automatically lead to the fulfillment of her wishes’. This was not very convincing for me because while one of her good friends died, she managed to take back her nation’s independence, and save her brother with the Philosopher’s stone.

Okay, so I’ve been complaining up until now. As for the good part of the series…I do commend the thoughtfulness behind the plot, I liked that 3D array idea with the blood pouring into the pipes, and the underground city. The concept was very well thought out, and stuck true to its FMA roots, considering the author was not involved. I could easily see this occurring in the manga. I did have a problem with its execution, but I already ranted on long enough about that.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices