MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi »» Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

42 27.63%
4 out of 5: Liked it

34 22.37%
3 out of 5: It was OK

53 34.87%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

13 8.55%
1 out of 5: Hated it

10 6.58%
Voters: 152

02-12-12, 6:59 PM

The animation wasn't nearly as good as Brotherhood. I was expecting it to look more like it did in the show, so that was a bit of a letdown.
The movie itself was pretty good though.

I felt like WAY too much stuff was happening at the beginning like on the train. It all gets explained before too long but still. Having Ashley, the spies, and the wolf chimera all doing stuff at once, it got a little crazy for a few minutes there.

And I felt like the stopping magma scene was just a little too weird...maybe that's just me.

02-12-12, 7:54 PM

Nothing spectacular or particularly interesting as the brotherhood series. But it was alright for a filler movie.

Also, doesn't Julia look like a rehash of Winry? It's like they swapped their colour pallet, clothes, let her hair down and that was it.
Modified by 4kicks, 02-12-12, 8:04 PM

02-13-12, 12:35 AM

pretty average movie nothing outstanding alright for fans of the orginial series.

02-13-12, 3:16 AM

I sure hope none of you are referring to scenes like this when saying 'bad animation',

the werewolf characters looked fine too. obviously they were meant to be extremely fast, so they were animated in a sketchy, loose way.

02-13-12, 3:33 AM

busterbeam said:

I sure hope none of you are referring to scenes like this when saying 'bad animation',

the werewolf characters looked fine too. obviously they were meant to be extremely fast, so they were animated in a sketchy, loose way.

People are calling the art "animation" again. People how about learning the difference?

Are you sexy as f*ck? If yes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Join MAL's sexiest users!!!!!

02-13-12, 3:44 AM

I liked the movie. It really makes me sad the Fullmetal Alchemist is over.

02-13-12, 4:25 AM

Sir_Lexa said:
busterbeam said:

People are calling the art "animation" again. People how about learning the difference?

in all honesty, I'll admit that the art is a BIT iffy at times. however, there's more than enough good bits to make up for that.

then again, I'm willing to believe that parts like this...

...are considered to have 'bad art' too. I think that's absolutely silly. they're expressive, stylish frames that are very well-drawn within the context of their individual, very dynamic scenes.

I'd be very disappointed in anime fans if they turned this into another Naruto 167/Gurren episode 4 fiasco. this isn't even drawn to look especially ugly like those examples were; it's just stylish looking, loose and well done action.

02-13-12, 9:55 AM

2011 Burbank International Film Festival Best Feature (Animation) Won
2011 Burbank International Film Festival Best Writing (Animation / Adaptation) Won
2011 Burbank International Film Festival Best Director (Animation) Won

this movie is a great watch and definitely gives justice to Arakawa's FMA world and theme
the story though not groundbreaking made sense,(its just a side trip adventure afterall, it doesn't need to surpass the main storyline) the fight scenes are fantastic and the art/animation is just cool and classy

and Mustang's line at the end is notable

btw, i absolutely need more dose of Sakamoto Maaya especially with a character as admirable, and beautiful as Julia (she kinda reminds me of Studio Ghibli's heroines)
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.

02-13-12, 1:56 PM

Nice, but it's like any other anime movie (except for Gintama); just a filler.
Mustang was in Milos only for funservice , he didnt' do anything. And they were ignoring human transmutation rules: you can't heal someone, even for a little scratch, without a Philosopher Stone (like Marco), and they use it only in the end.

3/5

02-13-12, 4:58 PM

nedstark1990 said:
Nice, but it's like any other anime movie (except for Gintama); just a filler.
Mustang was in Milos only for funservice , he didnt' do anything. And they were ignoring human transmutation rules: you can't heal someone, even for a little scratch, without a Philosopher Stone (like Marco), and they use it only in the end.

3/5

Wasn't there mentioning of medical alchemy in Brotherhood, and when ed was injured(can't remember when) he shortened his life time to heal a lethal wound iirc

02-14-12, 2:09 AM

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fullmetal_alchemist_the_sacred_star_of_milos/

I find it hilarious how reviewers (and not ANIME reviewers - there's a reason why the really awful writers from AnimeNewsNetwork aren't featured on Rottentomatoes) like this movie and find it visually impressive and yet it's the anime fans nitpicking and getting worked up over small arbitrary things.

02-14-12, 4:19 AM

eh, i think Conqueror of Shamballa is better?

wait i cant remember that movie anymore

so this will be 8/10 or 9/10 ??

cant decide

02-14-12, 4:37 AM

it is kinda meh so i'll go for 8

02-14-12, 6:54 AM

nedstark1990 said:
And they were ignoring human transmutation rules: you can't heal someone, even for a little scratch, without a Philosopher Stone (like Marco), and they use it only in the end.

surely, you haven't been taking Amestris alchemy as that of the world

busterbeam said:

I find it hilarious how reviewers (and not ANIME reviewers - there's a reason why the really awful writers from AnimeNewsNetwork aren't featured on Rottentomatoes) like this movie and find it visually impressive and yet it's the anime fans nitpicking and getting worked up over small arbitrary things.

because we have a lot of viewers nowadays playing critics and elite wannabes, then you go ask them to watch the 80's and 90's, they'll brush you away cause they can't, they'll say its too old, or the animation is bad, jeez

anyway, this is an FMA movie tied w/ Brotherhood so those who haven't seen it would definitely have no logical reason to check it out and the Brotherhood storyline have already been finished so what would you expect aside from a "filler" story and besides they created this to give thanks, give back to Arakawa, (fanservice to the fans if you want it literally) so basically they don't intend to overshadow anything and just live up to FMA's theme and spirit

and this movie have already won in this categories, so like me, some international fest have come to admire the movie as much as i did
2011 Burbank International Film Festival Best Feature (Animation) Won
2011 Burbank International Film Festival Best Writing (Animation / Adaptation) Won
2011 Burbank International Film Festival Best Director (Animation) Won

oh, and the animation, w/c definitely is unique among today's animation style, and the music score are major highlights why i love this movie so much

and Julia is just loveable, especially w/ Sakamoto Maaya's voice
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.

02-14-12, 7:29 AM

A naruto/bleach movie with FMA cast

This describes this movie well....... Disappointed.....

3/5

02-14-12, 6:21 PM

I only have a few simple words for this movie...
What a horrible movie.

02-14-12, 7:13 PM

Guys, animation =/= art. You're probably all complaining about the art style - and I agree, I didn't like it so much. However, the animation was pretty good. I thought it started out pretty cool, but they introduced too many things and it was too long of a movie.

animelist ‚óŹ blog

02-15-12, 9:15 AM

Guess I agree with what has been said before - I didn't like the art/animation/visual side/whatever you call it, the story was 'kinda meh' and it was a huge disappointment...

The least fun thing in all of the FMA franchise?

02-15-12, 10:03 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Movie using the character art/design from the first Full Metal Alchemist?

I will agree however with the incredibly disappointing quality.
Modified by Paul, 02-15-12, 10:11 AM

02-15-12, 8:10 PM

7/10 it was an ok film i enjoyed it a lot i guess this will probably be the end of the FMA franchise anime wise...

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices