MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

No.6 Episode 2 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» No.6 »» No.6 Episode 2 Discussion

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: No.6 Episode 2 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

145 71.78%
4 out of 5: Liked it

45 22.28%
3 out of 5: It was OK

7 3.47%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 1.49%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 0.99%
Voters: 202

07-15-11, 5:48 PM

awesome! ;D I can't wait to see what happens next since the manga only went this far..

07-15-11, 5:49 PM

I'm liking the anime more than i was expecting to. <3
Guess Shion will dye his hair white so he won't be recognized by the police?

07-15-11, 6:19 PM

If this was the first episode, I would be fine with it but no ... it was the second episode and happened after a timeskip. 4 year timeskip in one episode? 11 episodes? I smell trouble. I'm quitting this.
The threat is stronger than the execution.

07-15-11, 6:53 PM

Big brother watching you at every turn.

07-15-11, 6:55 PM

lol

"I want your sperm"

"Eh???"

"I want to have sex with you right now"

"When you come back in two years we can"

"Shion your so stupid"

I think thats how it went, but my god that was hilarious and out of the blue. xD

Can't wait to see the next episode its going to be great.

5/5 for this one.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

07-15-11, 7:32 PM

Ah that intro with Safu wanting to have sex with him still amused me. xD But now that the anime's seemingly caught up in the manga I really wonder what they'll come up with next. But really, wtf happens to Shion to make him look so... derpy.

07-15-11, 7:41 PM

xxSaspra said:
Ah that intro with Safu wanting to have sex with him still amused me. xD But now that the anime's seemingly caught up in the manga I really wonder what they'll come up with next. But really, wtf happens to Shion to make him look so... derpy.

Well the manga isn't even the original source material. The novels were in print since 2003.

07-15-11, 7:55 PM

nezumiiiiii <3

well, story progressed
they're both older
more suggested bl <3

at least now we know how shion's hair turns white, probably

07-15-11, 8:12 PM

I smell BL.

haha, that was a weird way to ask for sex.Like literally.
The story is going fast.... wonder whats that wasp in the people and suddenly getting older and dying. 0_0
Nezumi(<3) is way more logical and cooler.... >;;<

07-15-11, 8:12 PM

The first episode was quite good, but this one definitely didn't equal it. Writing seemed a bit ridiculous in some parts, particularly the girl asking Sion to have sex with her. Both of their reactions didn't seem very believable. Also seems a bit rushed with Nezumi appearing out of nowhere just after a time skip. It's only 11 episodes, but it progressing quickly already.

07-15-11, 8:16 PM

busters said:
okay i know i mentioned this already last week, BUT JFC THE SIMILARITIES BETWEEN THIS SHOW & 1984 SCARE ME LMAO. government being a creepy-chan & stalking its citizens, yep.

I haven't notice until I read your comment but you're so damn right ! Not to mention that there are two "sides" of the world, the "chosen" people who lives in a quite beautiful and modern place and the "unwanted" people who live... well you get the idea. I really look forward to see what's coming next. :) But there are more technlogies in No.6, but well, considering that 1984 was writing quite a long time ago it's normal.

To me, it's like 1984 without all the critism against totalitarism politics (dictatorship and everything). In No.6, there are much more social classes to me in the "chosen" city and people aren't starving or anything like in 1984.

Anyway, don't know if it makes sense. XD
But still, wasn't sure about No.6 at first, but now I'm really into it honestly.

07-15-11, 9:08 PM

I'm sorry to those who hate it but I ship Shion and Nezumi, so I was happy when he rejected that girl. She has to be really bold or desperate to ask for sex, seeing as he's shown no interest in her whatsoever. Anyways loved the episode. I think Nezumi is pretty bad ass though. So I'm wondering if next episode, Shion's hair turns white.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

07-15-11, 9:16 PM
Forum Moderator
The proper dystopia to compare them to is probably Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley, rather than Orwell's 1984. Shion's actions in saving Rat demoted him from Alpha or Beta status to the happy life of a Gamma working in the city park. No matter whether it's a soft despotism or a hard one, no all powerful government likes to have its actions questioned (and obviously this one is constantly monitoring people either through their wrist identification bands or by other means). I wonder if City No. 6 has a patriot act?

Poor Safu, she may be brilliant but she just doesn't get people very well (remember her comments about kissing in episode 1). This seems to be moving along nicely, so we'll see how they bring civilization down in the next nine episodes. Don't cheer when it happens though, your own government might be listening....
Modified by rodac, 07-15-11, 9:22 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

07-15-11, 11:20 PM

LOL THE I want your sperm made me go O_O.
And
" Yeah what happens if i told you i did see you naked?"
Okay thats kinda creepy.
gay or not whatever.
good story line :)
getting more interesting. and is he gunna end up with white hair?
I love shion with his dark hair

07-15-11, 11:21 PM

rodac said:
The proper dystopia to compare them to is probably Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley, rather than Orwell's 1984. Shion's actions in saving Rat demoted him from Alpha or Beta status to the happy life of a Gamma working in the city park. No matter whether it's a soft despotism or a hard one, no all powerful government likes to have its actions questioned (and obviously this one is constantly monitoring people either through their wrist identification bands or by other means). I wonder if City No. 6 has a patriot act?

Poor Safu, she may be brilliant but she just doesn't get people very well (remember her comments about kissing in episode 1). This seems to be moving along nicely, so we'll see how they bring civilization down in the next nine episodes. Don't cheer when it happens though, your own government might be listening....

Very nicely said. That's exactly how I feel. I definitely think they have a patriot act otherwise they would not have had these daily routines at work saying how great No.6 is. Will they mention it? Eh...doubt it, but it seems the act exists.

07-16-11, 1:23 AM

That is one scary city. Was it hinting that at the end of the first episode, Shion and his mom got sent to the correctional facility and that made his mom forget how to make cherry cake?

07-16-11, 1:58 AM

Ahh, Utopia/Dystopia. Might show this to my classmates for my Extension English class.

Definitely watching, even though it's yaoi.

Guys remember that this is inside a 'perfect city' where sex is probably only performed for reproduction.

hi

07-16-11, 2:12 AM

SkyHigh said:
caught in a rad bromance

This.

I was very surprised when his friend asked for sperm. Interesting way to put it, almost thought it was for scientific reasons.

07-16-11, 4:42 AM

"Welcome to the real world."

So Shion took a blue pill, eh?

I love Mouse's car. I'd love to have a car that looks like crap with F1 speed and handling. So hipster.

07-16-11, 4:46 AM

I really really like this series so far. : ) Very clever plot, the nazi-like authorities scare me a little though. What a corrupt city. O.o If I lived somewhere like that I'd want to rebel too.

Anyway, I'd like to know how and when this white hair comes about.
curiouser and curiouser :)

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices