Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2011 12:20 PM

Apr 2010
Yup. I love that it's keeping the charm of the manga fairly well so far. Good stuff! Nice and heartwarming.
Jul 14, 2011 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
Arg, such a shame this will only be 11 episodes
Jul 14, 2011 12:32 PM

Jun 2010
Rin is really cute when she makes those faces.

Jul 14, 2011 1:12 PM

Jul 2010
Blackbird said:
Of course Daikichi sure need help, remember I saw a drama similiar to this one hehe
NAME!
Please. :D

Daikichi: "You don't need a skirt? All you got are pants."
Rin: "Skirts aren't allowed at nursery school."
Daikichi: "Ah, I see... Nursery School!?"
Ahaha, I love that. ^_^

And I had to laugh at the "I'm Very Very Happy" shirt in that chaotic store.
This show is so cute it's criminal. I'm watching the whole thing smiling. Favorite show of the season with Ikoku Meiro closely behind.
Jul 14, 2011 1:20 PM

Sep 2007
Hah Rin is such an awesome character.
Jul 14, 2011 1:24 PM

Aug 2009
I FREAKEN LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! *O*

I felt so bad for Rin though, I know what it feels like to be the last one picked up ;___;

Daikichi needs to fix that! >.<

100/5 episode

and lol @ the ending with the sweat XD!! This show is so realistic!! You would never see that in any other anime!
Jul 14, 2011 1:24 PM

May 2009
Rin and Daikichi are both great characters. Such a sweet and funny episode.
Jul 14, 2011 1:30 PM

Mar 2008
Excellent. And also, time passed very fast.
Prodution IG is realy put much effort and care in the anime. Audio visual is fantastic, and i need said, the script surprise me. In the manga, Daikichi did the promise that he don't get late, but he brake it. But, in there, he don't apologize, at least don't the way he did he. Its great sensitivity of the screenwriter.

I already can imagine the and of this.
Anime should be at end of volume 4, and, probably show some of the final chapter of volume 5.
Jul 14, 2011 1:34 PM

Mar 2008
Iilia said:
Blackbird said:
Of course Daikichi sure need help, remember I saw a drama similiar to this one hehe
NAME!
Please. :D

The drama is "Mother".
Serious dude, you can't even imagine imagine how spectacular this dorama is. Got to D-Addcits and get it. Are 11 episodes long, and starring by the same Aishima Mana of the live of Bunny Drop.
Worth the effort to translate it into portuguese.
Jul 14, 2011 1:55 PM

Aug 2010
Watching this anime makes me feel really warm inside. I can already tell it's most likely the best anime of the season.

Also, having watched this, I will also wait for the movie adaption of the manga that will be released in august. Too bad I have to wait for the DVD to be released and THEN for the fansubs...

also, the scene at the end was so funny and cute and sweet at the same time, I almost got a sugar rush right there.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 14, 2011 1:56 PM

Feb 2010
Incredible, how heartwarming this show is. But please, Reina doesn't need so much screentime :/
Jul 14, 2011 2:20 PM

Apr 2010
It's sweat! >:|

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Jul 14, 2011 2:21 PM

Jun 2011
This anime really awesome! :>
from ep 1-2 still gives me a smile on my face and I do think it's a heartwarming anime. love how they express themself too, anyway: another great episode for this week. <3
Jul 14, 2011 2:26 PM

Aug 2009
Her expressions are so simply drawn...and still it's so much more cute than most moe-stuffed anime-girls...
Really, really cute episode, loved most of her expressions, like when she's on the bed when Daikichi's phoning or when she's embarrassed etc.
And I really liked the slow-paced-ness, perfect anime to relax :3
Jul 14, 2011 3:23 PM

Dec 2009
Rin's face when she's angry is simply adorable, ha ha. It's nice seeing Daikichi taking his father role seriously.
Ara ara.
Jul 14, 2011 3:58 PM

Feb 2010
Swirly unibrow on Rin! XD
Jul 14, 2011 4:10 PM

Nov 2009
This is the most adorable, heart-warming anime I've ever seen.
Why do I feel something bad or sad is going to happen though?
Jul 14, 2011 4:12 PM

Feb 2008
looking at this you would think most people would just pick up and run way. and some do. but there are others who have an even harder time with their kids and still they manage. there is a lot more to this show that just some random dude who adopts some random kid on a whim. that's why this show is probably a lot better than it is.
Jul 14, 2011 4:12 PM

Mar 2008
The script is really good. Addressing a problem one at time without fuss surrounding them.
Interesting how a simple scene as the mother of Daikichi deliver belongings of Rin and your medical record function as well in animation. In the manga, the chapter opens with this scene but the anime leave this scene for the end. This direct expectations for the next episode, instead of leaving us with expectations about it while watching this episode.

The interactions of the two were also excellent, it was quite natural.
And this is the lack of naturally i see in the film's trailers, the animated Rin is a better Rin than the one of manga up to this point.
Indeed, the child seyuu made a difference.
Also in the script, good to see that have already begun to enter the atmosphere of the home life of Haruko.

Talking about the animation, it's not only technically good, I think it is photography that makes a difference.
Care as the movements of the characters are animated, the camera catches the whole movement and is careful to show certain facial expressions. Where do you see that this is a mature series is when Daikichi to get on the train, we see his foot stepping on the bandwagon and balance it. Also the reality of scenes like the Rin asleep standing in the street.

Sensational.
Jul 14, 2011 4:16 PM

Mar 2008
Lita-Taka said:
This is the most adorable, heart-warming anime I've ever seen.

Only thing "bad" about Usagi Drop is some choices of autor in the middle.
Fortunately, it took, maybe, just the volume 5. After that, the series back to top.
Jul 14, 2011 4:24 PM

Nov 2007
Lita-Taka said:

i feel the same. :[ whenever i watch shows/movies about adoption, the adoptive parent tends to die/get sick somehow??? IDK FFFFFF when i watched the episode & saw how difficult it is for daikichi to constantly juggle between rin & work, i couldn't stop worrying over his physical condition. :I /worrywart, derp.

BUT IT'S STILL AS CUTE AS EVER. rin has the best :I face fffffff.
Jul 14, 2011 4:43 PM

Aug 2010
aznkirby890 said:
This is one incredible show.

That is all.

Indeed! Spitting truth, its too cute and heartwarming.
Jul 14, 2011 4:49 PM

Feb 2010
Rin is so adorable whenever she makes those faces, reminds me kind of the Peanuts comic. The scene when Daikichi made his pinky promise was so touching and when he broke his promise he ate all those paper needles or w/e they are lol. So far i'm enjoying the anime as I am with the Manga.

Why does Usagi Drop remind me of Pursuit of Happyness except Daikichi isn't Will Smith and he's not homeless? Lol
Jul 14, 2011 5:26 PM

Nov 2008
Loved it. I liked those extra words to the pinky promise. Sweat....that's funny Rin...
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 14, 2011 5:32 PM

Dec 2009
Rin is definitely adorable, but i feel bad for her in certain scenes., She just looks so sad. She may be the only character in the history of anime that makes me want to protect her, for that i give this a 5/5 well, that and the great anime itself.
Jul 14, 2011 5:43 PM

Nov 2008
Good episode. Lol at the final part xD
Jul 14, 2011 5:47 PM

Feb 2010
This show is thoroughly enjoyable. It's cute, funny, heart warming, and just perfect. I love the watercolor art, it's a great touch. The OST is very good from what I can tell so far.

Nope, nothing bad to say about this show at the moment.
Jul 14, 2011 6:03 PM

Sep 2009
Daikichi and Rin's relationship is soooo adorable! The piggy-back, pinky swear, eating the origami for breaking the promise & working like crazy but not even a single *tsk* whilst with Rin. Daikichi is surely someone who captures the heart.
And the OST is so perfect!
Don't know why, but I feel like some parents might come to adopt Rin at the end

Lita-Taka said:
Feel the same way. My guess would be Rin getting adopted by a homely family and Daikichi giving her away as it is for her best. Ah, I don't want to see him cry.
Jul 14, 2011 6:10 PM

Aug 2010
Leticia said:
I loooooooooooove this show! <333

This

This is just so cute in so many levels <3 it really makes me wonder what kind of parent i may turn out to be and i do hope i'm as good as Daikichi :D
Jul 14, 2011 6:36 PM

Dec 2007
Such a great episode, found myself saying aww a lot.
Jul 14, 2011 7:12 PM

Jan 2009
Best episode of the season hands down.
Jul 14, 2011 7:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
My heart melted.

Both Daikichi and Rin are such heartwarming characters.

And yes, there will be a lot of sweat in the future....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 14, 2011 7:49 PM

Jan 2010
Holy Shit. There's not even a HINT of moe or some cliche overused fluff and I found myself with the biggest smile at Rin's cuteness... Story is advancing quite well and according to the manga. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 14, 2011 7:50 PM

Dec 2009
TanukiBoi said:
Rin is so adorable whenever she makes those faces, reminds me kind of the Peanuts comic.

Glad I wasn't the only one, was thinking that everytime they showed a different facial expression of hers.
Jul 14, 2011 8:10 PM

Nov 2009
rin is so cuteee ! so far this show has to be my favorite one this season =)
Jul 14, 2011 8:12 PM

Feb 2010
lolz I am totally sure that it was sweat,x'3

Jul 14, 2011 8:27 PM
Apr 2010
Wow, this has the same fuzzy cozy feeling of happiness from kimi ni todoke but is fueled by a different kind of love; parental love.

Also VERY GOOD JOB for Daikichi when he stopped smoking for Rin.

It's so cute!!!
Jul 14, 2011 8:31 PM
Jul 2011
This reminds me of when I was growing up and both my parents were working. I was in daycare from 6 in the morning , to 6:30 at night every day of the week. The first to arrive, and last to leave. I remember how close I became to the counselors because of that. This anime is pure sweetness.
Jul 14, 2011 9:01 PM

Jan 2010
This anime is good. I go into more detail here on my blog, but I have to say, this story was well-written, despite its simplicity. The bit where Daikichi takes a smoke and watches the trail of smoke drift toward Rin's stuff--that little sequence conveyed a lot, and all without saying a word.

I really like how Usagi Drop handles character expressions. The art style in general just lends itself well to the tone and atmosphere of the series.
I also like that both Daikichi and Rin are very easy to like, and easy to relate to. I can just imagine how a Hollywood movie of this kind of story would have a sarcastic, helpless adult and an ornery, obnoxious child for the two roles. (AKA pretty much the opposite of what we have here.)
Jul 14, 2011 9:08 PM

Sep 2009
Good lord, that was absolutely delightful. Some of the best character interaction I've seen in a long time. Utterly heartwarming. 5/5.
Jul 14, 2011 9:08 PM

Nov 2009
good show :)
Jul 14, 2011 9:13 PM

Nov 2009
rins facial expressions are sooo cute :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2011 9:30 PM

Jul 2011
This anime is sooooo good. I loved the pinky promise scene and when Rin was on Dai's shoulders.
Jul 14, 2011 9:40 PM

Oct 2009
I loved episode 1 so much I marathoned the manga... Even though I've read it watching it is still such a bliss.

Rin is just too cute. Love this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2011 10:00 PM

Oct 2007
I can already see Rin is going to be a very smart and tricky girl when she grows up and I am pretty damn sure that she is going to make Daikishi falls for her.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 14, 2011 10:28 PM

Apr 2009
Another great episode. So many things in this remind me of my own life. I'm guessing he's going to track the mother down eventually from the way he was talking while looking through the baby book.
Jul 14, 2011 10:59 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah sweat. XD

This anime is freaking adorable. Smiled for 22 minutes and don't know when was the last time I took more than an hour to watch a 22 minutes episode. <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 14, 2011 11:07 PM

Aug 2010
hiyasc said:
Rin is definitely adorable, but i feel bad for her in certain scenes., She just looks so sad. She may be the only character in the history of anime that makes me want to protect her, for that i give this a 5/5 well, that and the great anime itself.

Yeah, she is a total woobie. Anyone who watches the show and DOESN'T want to go out of his way to make her feel better (and hug her til she pops in between) is easily the worst person alife.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 14, 2011 11:14 PM

Feb 2010
such an awesome episode. these two have a GREAT dynamic. I can't wait to meet her mother...
Jul 14, 2011 11:16 PM

Jan 2011
Rin is such a little sweetheart. I would believe it was sweat too!
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

394 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:44 PM

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

37 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

365 by astroreload »»
Jan 21, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 21, 2011

174 by astroreload »»
Dec 27, 2023 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.