Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2011 8:37 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
the end of fight didnt leave as much of an impression as i thought it would and it feels like the whole Manji thing overshadowed the fight

looks like all the banchous will probably end up helping each other out somehow against Manji
Jul 17, 2011 10:17 AM

Dec 2008
where did you read it? cause i have been searching for it for a week :/
Jul 17, 2011 2:37 PM

Nov 2008
i always get it from the translator's forum
he posts the link for the chapters in this thread >>>http://crowsxworst.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=123&start=1500
Jul 18, 2011 7:49 AM

Dec 2008
thanks a lot :)
Aug 21, 2011 4:51 AM

Jul 2009
Still, Hana's the boss now, but Guriko should still fight alongside them.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Aug 21, 2011 9:06 AM

Nov 2008
Robbini said:
Still, Hana's the boss now, but Guriko should still fight alongside them.

i think he probably will
i'm hoping for a Bisuko vs. Guriko fight
Jan 21, 2015 8:58 PM

Apr 2012
I'm still unsatisfied with Guriko and Hana's fight. Hana would have won if Guriko didn't pull that sneak attack with the chair.
Aug 8, 2016 8:38 AM

Jun 2009
This cements Guriko as Hana's Rindaman once and for all.
Aug 31, 2020 10:24 AM
Jan 2017
Deliriant said:
I'm still unsatisfied with Guriko and Hana's fight. Hana would have won if Guriko didn't pull that sneak attack with the chair.

This. I'm so truly disappointed. Guriko is powerful and all, but he himself said he would have been finished if Hana's uppercut hit his jaw, and it is highly debatable whether Guriko would still win if he appeared from the front like Rindaman did against Bouya. But nah. Being the despicable bastard he is, he chose to sneak attack Hana instead of facing him man to man, leaving a huge question whether he would have won or would have suffered defeat should he not do a sneak attack on Hana. But even as asshole as he was, he never truly did something like a sucker punch, distraction punch, dirty trick, etc. He was even the receiving end.

Hana vs Guriko would have been a much more hyped up fight than Bouya vs Rindaman if:
- The fight was held in Gokoku Temple, the very same place where Bouya vs Rindaman occurred. That way, not just Suzuran boys can watch the fight, but the whole Toarushi townsfolk can watch it as well.
- Not only Suzuran boys, but also the Front of Armament, Housen boys, Amacchi and the gangs, Kawa 2nd High boys, etc got to watch Hana vs Guriko.
- It's an honest duel, no weapon, no sneak attack, no dirty trick, just two men communicating with nothing but their fists.
- Some Crows characters, mainly Bouya and the gangs, and/or Rindaman, spectated the match. This would have been the perfect opportunity to stop the annoyingly unnecessary debate of who's the strongest Suzuran delinquent. It can go like, Rindaman thinking if he would have trouble facing, or even been defeated by, either Hana or Guriko, though my money is on Rindaman against Hana, Guriko, or even Bouya should Rindaman vs Bouya happen the third time. As for Crows character, I forgot, but I only see Pon/Honjou in Worst.

TL;DR: This fight is rather disappointing thanks to Guriko's sneak attack, and it's somehow out of character for him if we see his previous fights. The result could have really been so different if Hana's uppercut connected as said by Guriko himself. And compared to Bouya vs Rindaman, or even compared to other Hana's and Guriko's fights, it's such a huge letdown.
IAmOdieAug 31, 2020 2:16 PM
Gintoki and Joseph ftw!
Also, STR or DEX? Quality build, of course!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Worst Chapter 131 Discussion

Ishmael - Aug 26, 2013

2 by AkaiWaZ »»
Sep 29, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Worst Chapter 122 Discussion

AkaiWaZ - Sep 29, 2023

0 by AkaiWaZ »»
Sep 29, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Worst Chapter 118 Discussion

AkaiWaZ - Sep 28, 2023

0 by AkaiWaZ »»
Sep 28, 2023 7:44 PM

Poll: » Worst Chapter 110 Discussion

Robbini - Aug 21, 2011

1 by AkaiWaZ »»
Sep 27, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Worst Chapter 106 Discussion

hellblaster - Apr 23, 2011

1 by AkaiWaZ »»
Sep 26, 2023 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.