MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Black Lagoon Season 4!?

#1
07-14-11, 3:07 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 46
Ok from the First season to the second it was around a 3 month waiting period but then after that it was freakin 4 years.......Who thinks theres gunna be a 4th season and/or if you know there is how long do you think were gunna have to suffer.
:{
Black Lagoon is my fav's D:


 
#2
07-14-11, 3:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 5985
There hasn't even been a 3rd. Unless you mean the OVA.
 
#3
07-14-11, 3:17 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 46
Yea more or less if you dont consider it to be the 3rd. I think it says its the third somewhere. Either way. MY POINT STANDS


 
#4
07-14-11, 3:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2309
Hmmm, I have no idea how far ahead the manga is, but a S4 would and will be welcomed with open arms by a shit load of people.
 
#5
07-14-11, 3:27 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 46
ikr? Its pretty much the best eva. ;]


 
#6
07-14-11, 3:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1697
Season 2 of Black Lagoon ended at chapter 43 of the manga, Roberta's Blood Trail is probably the adaptation of chapters 44-76(this arc is named El Baile de la muerte in the manga) and after this arc ends there are only 5 more chapters available and the manga is currently on hiatus, so bottom line, it will be long time(another 4 years or so!? no idea) till we get another season or ova.
 
#7
07-14-11, 4:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 17338
Zero said:
Season 2 of Black Lagoon ended at chapter 43 of the manga, Roberta's Blood Trail is probably the adaptation of chapters 44-76(this arc is named El Baile de la muerte in the manga) and after this arc ends there are only 5 more chapters available and the manga is currently on hiatus, so bottom line, it will be long time(another 4 years or so!? no idea) till we get another season or ova.


sums pretty much up what I wanted to say.
It's gonna be a while, but I'll gladly wait for quality.
 
#8
07-14-11, 4:14 AM

Online
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13071
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Zero said:
Season 2 of Black Lagoon ended at chapter 43 of the manga, Roberta's Blood Trail is probably the adaptation of chapters 44-76(this arc is named El Baile de la muerte in the manga) and after this arc ends there are only 5 more chapters available and the manga is currently on hiatus, so bottom line, it will be long time(another 4 years or so!? no idea) till we get another season or ova.


sums pretty much up what I wanted to say.
It's gonna be a while, but I'll gladly wait for quality.


Yeah, unfortunately the mangaka of this work is slow as hell. Damn them and their hiatuses. Get on with it already!!
 
#9
07-15-11, 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 115
Whoa I got a little too excited at the mention of anything Black Lagoon related. I've been waiting on the OVAs since I first watched the anime. My only problem is that I love the dub version and refuse to watch any until they are dubbed. If it does happen it will be a long time from now but I'm willing to be patient.

Sadly as for anything after the OVA I don't think we'll get anything. After the OVA Black lagoon is probably done for good as much as it pains me to say that its just not that popular to warrant new releases IMO. But I've been doing my best to spread the word of Black lagoon.
 
07-15-11, 11:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 45
2Handed_Cutlass said:
Whoa I got a little too excited at the mention of anything Black Lagoon related. I've been waiting on the OVAs since I first watched the anime. My only problem is that I love the dub version and refuse to watch any until they are dubbed. If it does happen it will be a long time from now but I'm willing to be patient.

Sadly as for anything after the OVA I don't think we'll get anything. After the OVA Black lagoon is probably done for good as much as it pains me to say that its just not that popular to warrant new releases IMO. But I've been doing my best to spread the word of Black lagoon.


thats me!!! i tried watching the ova in japanese but i couldnt i just love the dubbed version so much -^o^-
 
07-16-11, 5:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 115
chiwalli said:
2Handed_Cutlass said:
Whoa I got a little too excited at the mention of anything Black Lagoon related. I've been waiting on the OVAs since I first watched the anime. My only problem is that I love the dub version and refuse to watch any until they are dubbed. If it does happen it will be a long time from now but I'm willing to be patient.

Sadly as for anything after the OVA I don't think we'll get anything. After the OVA Black lagoon is probably done for good as much as it pains me to say that its just not that popular to warrant new releases IMO. But I've been doing my best to spread the word of Black lagoon.


thats me!!! i tried watching the ova in japanese but i couldnt i just love the dubbed version so much -^o^-


Yea for my own reasons I can't ever see any of the BL characters any other way than how they are in the dub. With most other anime I can switch between the 2 but I saw like a clip of it subbed and I just like "bleh" that's not what Dutch sounds like.
 
07-16-11, 8:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1296
Surely, you can't be serious. I'd rather not watch an anime at all, than watch it dubbed. Especially so, when it comes to Black Lagoon. Revy's voice in japanese is half the character there, for example. Too characteristic voices, they cannot be replaced.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
 
07-16-11, 8:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 115
Thankfully I'm not like that. If an anime has a good dub then I'm just not going to watch it subbed because why? If the dubbers actually took the time and effort to make a good dub that won't insult the source material then I am going to watch it. For the most part a dub has to be above average for me to watch it. Like if I ask someone if the dub of an anime is good or not and they just say its alright then I'm not going to watch the dub.

The only reason I watch anime subbed is only if the dub is god awful or there is no dub for it at all. The first time I watched Black Lagoon I watched it dubbed and since the dub was amazing there was nothing that was ever going to make me watch it subbed. To each their own I guess.
 
07-16-11, 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1727
Zero said:
Season 2 of Black Lagoon ended at chapter 43 of the manga, Roberta's Blood Trail is probably the adaptation of chapters 44-76(this arc is named El Baile de la muerte in the manga) and after this arc ends there are only 5 more chapters available and the manga is currently on hiatus, so bottom line, it will be long time(another 4 years or so!? no idea) till we get another season or ova.

Is that so?
that kind of sucks, I found the Black Lagoon anime so entertaining.
 
07-16-11, 11:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 67069
I would watch it if there's a new season. Since the manga is ongoing, there is always a possibility of a new season.
 
07-16-11, 11:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 5985
But didn't they put non-canon stuff into the ova?

I don't know if I want that.
 
07-17-11, 3:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 38
2Handed_Cutlass said:
Yea for my own reasons I can't ever see any of the BL characters any other way than how they are in the dub. With most other anime I can switch between the 2 but I saw like a clip of it subbed and I just like "bleh" that's not what Dutch sounds like.


ah god, ikr.
Even though i still like either sub/dub of BL, i do find the characters more lively in the dub.


On topic, as long as Black lagoon keeps on coming, fucking-A, i got no problem with that, baby. Hopefully Hiroe-sensei starts again soon.
 
07-17-11, 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 2578
not soon
 
12-09-11, 12:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1
I would to know will there be a season 4 for black lagoon which I love. It deserve a long ran than Bleach, One Piece & Naruto combine.
 
12-09-11, 1:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 5985
The anime's pretty much caught up with the manga (and they changed the ending of the OVA). I wouldn't mind a couple extra episodes of new material like how the anime made up how Rock got recruited.
 
12-09-11, 3:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 13
notsureifsrs said:
The anime's pretty much caught up with the manga (and they changed the ending of the OVA). I wouldn't mind a couple extra episodes of new material like how the anime made up how Rock got recruited.

I really hope some new Black Lagoon material gets made. Feels like Manga has been dead for over a year.
World Three Cleaner
 
12-09-11, 3:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 504
Is there a 3 season of Black Laggon ? Meh, noone told me that.


 
12-09-11, 3:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 5985
BeYourself said:
Is there a 3 season of Black Laggon ? Meh, noone told me that.
The OVA supposedly is. It's not a TV season, but that's what the OVA itself is labelled as.
 
03-03-12, 11:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 79
Until the manga restarts the only thing they can possible due is animate the light novels. Make them into a couple of movies or an OVA. Having read the first light novel it would be epic!
 
03-09-12, 12:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 25
im so with the people up top i cant see the ova if its not dubbed im sorry but black lagoon is the best dubbed i ever seen "not dissing the subbed people" but they need to get off there ass and dubbed the dam thing its pissing me off that i cant see black lagoon the way i wont it and dont juge me i see subbed anime all the time, ow yer sorry if i got off the subbject my vote is yes with more black lagoon its the best
 
06-29-13, 4:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2469
I think Black Lagoon sells well in Japan so I'm sure once they get enough material they will make another season. I believe Hiroe is releasing new chapters again after his long hiatus (he stopped Black Lagoon to draw hentai -_-). So I wouldn't be surprised if we got a season 3 in the next 2 years.
 
07-02-13, 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1917
I hope we get more mangaka needs to make more
 
07-28-13, 6:27 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 43
Really like this anime,
Robertas Bood Trail complete; is there going to be more B.Lagoon like a season 4 or something like the OVA series? ?
 
07-28-13, 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 14808
Not for a LONG time.....if ever.

The anime follows the manga.

And Roberta's Blood Trail ends in chapter 76.

The manga went on hiatus for awhile and just recently returned, but they're only on chapter 83.

They would need a lot more material than that to make another season or OVAs.
Momo>Sports>Breaking Bad>Anime

Momo=Coke, Yami=Pepsi, Mikan=Sunkist, Yui=Dr. Pepper, Lala=Diet Coke, Nana=RC Cola
 
07-28-13, 6:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6843
Watch Jormungand instead.
 
07-28-13, 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 20514
I hope so because the first two seasons were pretty shitty but I heard the manga gets better where the second season ends.
 
07-28-13, 6:56 PM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 6646
I was fine with it ending where it did.

 
07-29-13, 12:12 AM
DB Administrator
Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 13769
Threads merged.
 
07-29-13, 7:23 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 33
mitch3315 said:
Watch Jormungand instead.

No dub yet. =/
 
07-29-13, 7:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 84
A new season would be a dream come true.
 
07-29-13, 7:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1986
I'm sure they'll animate the new manga as soon as they possibly can. I know that the mangaka has been hard at work on the newest arc (something about a tsunami if I remember correctly). This is one show that I could see go on indefinitely in small, bite-sized chunks.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
 
02-26-15, 4:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 1
I think that the devs are waiting until they have enough episodes in the manga to convert into s4. Who knows, maybe they are working on s4 right now. If only there was an easy way to ask the devs.
 
Top