Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2008 11:57 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't think I understand all of this. Especially the last scene confused me, what's this to do with Hyohyo? I should've read the previous threads more carefully I guess lol.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode. Again, it was over too fast. Didn't expect to see such a huge Kaiba either. Hope Neiro will be alright in all this betrayal stuff going on in that organization now.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 22, 2008 4:52 PM
Feb 2008
Interesting episode, reminds me of the first one, though i don't really got what was going on. Who's the guy in the mortal Warp's body? What's up with the last scene? What will happen with the kaiba?
I guess the following episodes will be just as great as this, though i will miss the 1-ep-long stories.
Jun 22, 2008 9:16 PM
Sep 2007
need. Kaiba OST. now.

yeah, it was quite confusing, but all should be explained soon. it might be one of these series you'd understand better if you watched it as a whole though, not one episode a week/whenever subs are out.
Jun 22, 2008 9:17 PM

May 2008
I didn't really get all of it either, seemed like a lot of stuff to put in one episode. So does this mean that Neiro is Hyohyo or is it someone else? Can't wait to see how this turns out.
Jun 22, 2008 9:29 PM
Dec 2007
I guess Warp is finally going to get his body back now and Hyohyo seems pretty likly to be Neiro(with hyohyo saying earlier that the girl in the picture was his girlfriend then what Kichi said at the end) though then what is with the Neiro we have been seeing. I was thinking that maybe Hyohyo or Neiro is just a copy of the orginal Neiro's memories (like in episode 2 when that wierd lady copyed her memories in to Warp's body to....well you know) with the original being in what ever body the copy isn't.
Jun 22, 2008 10:34 PM

Nov 2007
I, for one, am glad they didn't spend this episode wandering around some random planet and instead gave us a much needed serving of main plot development. Been waiting for that for quite a while.
Jun 23, 2008 12:18 AM

Feb 2008
I'm very confused at the Hyohyo part. Hopefully we'll get this explained in the next episode.
Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode, it was nice to see they didn't spent it on a trip to a random planet, and instead gave us good plot development.
Jun 23, 2008 4:25 AM

Apr 2008
that was certainly a good and interesting episode...I look forward to the next episode with some relish.

And I was slightly remined of evangelion during the scene in the body collection place.
Jun 23, 2008 11:44 AM

Dec 2007
Too Good
Jun 23, 2008 1:11 PM

Jan 2008
Great main plot development, nuff said. Still, a confusing episode. I'll be rewatching the whole series after I complete it.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jun 23, 2008 2:13 PM

Oct 2007
I don't seem to have anything confuse that much. It is just that the plot hasn't reveal enough yet.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 23, 2008 5:09 PM

Jun 2008
Hmmm! Jep normally i dont get confused or at least think so, but this was really confusing... Who was the girl in the bath?: Neiro, Cheiko, copy Neiro??? And the pink one?? I guess ill go for hyohyo being neiro.. The flashback scenes of the childhood and the one with neiro and masked warp kinda fighting, kinda curious are very important.. to my opinion...
I wanted to get some screens but crunchyroll has too slow hq and very bad lq... Any streaming site u guys recommend? °_°
Kirameite, yurameite, aoki yumi, maihanatsu, hana mo-e yu-kuuu!!!
Jun 23, 2008 7:40 PM

Jan 2008
It was another amazing episode. I understood some of it, but I'm still pretty confused with other parts, though I'm sure it'll all make sense soon!
Jun 24, 2008 4:16 AM

Apr 2007
I don't even try to understand Kaiba anymore, i just sit back and enjoy :3. Everything will unfold in the end. Fantastic episode, finally we have gotten actual story development. Can't wait for the next episode!~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2008 2:35 PM

Apr 2008
Siing said:
I don't even try to understand Kaiba anymore, i just sit back and enjoy :3.

I'm with you. I think speculation as to how this is going to unfold is pointless. It will surely be weirder than anything I could think of. I will call this though: Tragic End.
Jun 24, 2008 7:38 PM

Oct 2007
Interesting and enjoyable, very much so, but pretty confusing. I really hope things unfold and are made clear in the coming episodes, which I'm sure they will.

Jun 25, 2008 5:39 AM
May 2008
I actually thought I understand. It explained a lot, though I hate names. Im just like that one and that one. It just was some flashback and I guess the last scene showed that the creature following our hero was actually more than just a side char, anyway I think this would be explained again next episodes. I am really thrilled =D
Jun 27, 2008 12:20 PM

Jul 2007
Siing said:
I don't even try to understand Kaiba anymore, i just sit back and enjoy :3. Everything will unfold in the end.

Completely agree with you there^^,

Anyway loved the episode, lots of great development.
I can't wait to see what happens in the next ep.
Jul 9, 2008 4:52 AM

Feb 2007
Awesome episode (as usual), but it did leave me confused (as usual).

This is just another great aspect of Kaiba. The mystery in this show is great, and I have a habit of always trying to figure out what is going on, so I can't just sit back and simply enjoy it.

Either Neiro's memories were copied, or they were halved, which would mean that she could be in her normal body and inside Hyoyo, which might explain the last scene. As for the differences between Warp and Kaiba, I'm pretty sure now that the 'Kaiba' is just the name of the plant, and has nothing to do with any of the Warps we have seen so far. After all this I'm still confused, so hopefully the next episode will have some more plot development.

I'm with ya freedoleen. We need the OST ASAP.
Jul 29, 2008 12:09 PM

Jan 2008
kasumisama said:
I, for one, am glad they didn't spend this episode wandering around some random planet and instead gave us a much needed serving of main plot development. Been waiting for that for quite a while.

I'm complete opposite. The series now looks like its going the way of genericalness*. All that world-building character-developing thought-provoking story is now slowly giving way to exposition and plot driven A-to-Z-hopping ho-hummity.

I couldnt care less about a plot we've seen a billion times, give me quirky unique exploration of life in this weird universe instead.

*yeah I had to look this word up, the noun of 'generic'!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 21, 2010 8:18 AM

Nov 2008
Great plot development there, we see that Nero's organization isn't really all that good. This is the main problem with this kind of idealogical struggle, it'd turn easily into extremism.

I loved all the revelations here, that the actual Warp isn't the real Warp, that Dana-sama is a leftover copy of Warp, that Popo changed his body and that his mother sold her body to save him.
The beginning was very intriguing, apparently Nero used to know Warp in the past, but since Popo changed her memories, maybe she doesn't recall it.

Apparently it's over for the episodic nature of the story. I think it was enough, not too litle like for Eve no Jikan, and not too much before it ends up being repetitive.
May 1, 2010 3:09 PM

Mar 2008
Wow huge advancement in storyline! I'm losing track of who's in which body...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2010 3:44 PM

Jan 2010
well...
hyo-hyo=neiro
popo=antagonist :-)

i kind-of understood what happened this episode but i'm too lazy to brag xd

too much information... but still 5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 11, 2011 7:07 PM
Jun 2011
Beatnik says:
I'm complete opposite. The series now looks like its going the way of genericalness*. All that world-building character-developing thought-provoking story is now slowly giving way to exposition and plot driven A-to-Z-hopping ho-hummity.

I couldnt care less about a plot we've seen a billion times, give me quirky unique exploration of life in this weird universe instead.

This statement and opinion is so ridiculous and contradictory that I simply don't have the time to explain it. I only have the time to point it out so anyone who comes across this episode discussion doesn't overlook it.
BattleScarXJun 11, 2011 7:10 PM
Nov 11, 2011 9:28 AM

May 2010
Good ep.

Some plot advancements and expositions. With that put in just a single ep, it was really confusing.

Hope the next episodes would really clear up everything. :)
Jun 10, 2012 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
It sorta seemed like they crammed a lot of things into a single episode, but it was a great episode nonetheless.
Aug 4, 2012 4:25 AM

Sep 2008
Now that the truth about Warp was revealed the whole plot is beginning to make some sense. Popo is really something... plus, he's totally mad.
Kaiba indeed has much importance in the world, as the title suggests.

The ending scene was easy to understand: the flying creature is the past Neiro, the one with her original memory, and the one inside her body is the version brainwashed by Popo.
Apr 7, 2013 2:15 PM

Dec 2011
Still a lot of puzzle pieces missing but I'm betting a lot of it will be answered. Freaking love Kaiba, it's so bizarre and perfect in every way! Depending on how strong the next 4 episodes are I might seriously consider adding it to the favorites, which is fucking monumental for me.
Apr 20, 2013 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
Some of it was confusing.
Still great
May 31, 2013 12:59 PM

May 2012
That was one interesting backstory I've got to say, explains a bit more about all the characters. This episode sure made it quite interesting.
May 30, 2014 2:06 PM

Feb 2013
God I love this show's OST.
Aug 20, 2014 7:18 PM

Nov 2013
BattleScarX said:
Beatnik said:
Beatnik says:

This statement and opinion is so ridiculous and contradictory that I simply don't have the time to explain it. I only have the time to point it out so anyone who comes across this episode discussion doesn't overlook it.

This retort is pretty ridiculous and conveniently left unexplained, so I feel the need to point it out so it doesn't get overlooked either. What's wrong with Beatnik's opinion? I understand his sentiments and feel the same way. I'm a sucker for worldbuilding and exploration of themes, which was what Kaiba emphasized in previous episodes. I honestly didn't mind that the plot had been pushed aside, but I knew it would have to return in full force eventually because of all the sprinkles of plot development we got during the first half of Kaiba, despite its episodic nature. The plot will probably be nothing new anyway; well-executed, hopefully, but most likely generic, even with the interesting premise. On the other hand, the first half of the series was full of creativity because of the worldbuilding, and I would have been perfectly content if it had continued.
Sep 26, 2014 10:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Well this just got more interesting :o We learned quite a lot this episode, although it kind of gave me more questions. Really sad, the whole thing about Popo's mother, and then how he stomped on a nippo...not only is that his favorite, but his mother brought it. I think it's tough when you have to choose between something you are fighting against and your family, like the one guy who wanted to save his sister. It goes for Popo too.
Oct 30, 2014 12:52 AM

Jul 2008
Okay so this resistance group was led by 3 old Warp's fighting the current ruling Warp who is a fake...reminds me of the cylons.

So where is OUR Warp?
Jan 1, 2015 8:51 AM

Dec 2013
How interesting. The plot gets even more confusing but at the same time provides answers. Damn.
Jan 1, 2015 12:23 PM

Oct 2013
WolfWood37 said:
Okay so this resistance group was led by 3 old Warp's fighting the current ruling Warp who is a fake...reminds me of the cylons.

I was thinking this exactly
Feb 3, 2015 8:38 PM

Jun 2013
so much development, so many questions raised. this story is really moving.
Aug 1, 2015 5:24 AM
Aug 2007
Ok, this was a bit of a confusing episode, but let's see if I've figured this out..

- There's a Warp in space(?) or in another planet, that is pretty strong and evil... I'm assuming this is the original warp from the flashbacks that shoots Neiro.

- There are fake Warp bodies that are being used by random people to gain power in the city where Popo is. Or maybe they're just like our Warp (with no memories), and have fallen into power simply because they were "born" into that body (similar to how our Warp was born into his body).

- Neiro has memories of kissing someone with a blacked-out face, i.e. representing that she doesn't remember who she kissed. She assumes it is Popo because he's the only one she knows of ever loving or being close with.

- Neiro meets our Warp/Chroniko as Gel, and feels a connection but is unsure as to why...

- Mad Scientist dude at the end of the episode says that Hyo-Hyo is the girlfriend of our Warp, and will soon return Hyo-Hyo's memories to its owner. I think, Hyo-Hyo contains Neiro's memories of love for Warp, therefore H-H is Neiro. (if you remember, memories can be taken out and inputted selectively, so Neiro's love memories were removed from her original body and moved into Hyo-Hyo)
RaiteiAug 1, 2015 5:29 AM
Aug 9, 2015 2:09 PM

Aug 2012
Return of the ostrich ! I like the guy, hopefully it's not dead
Nov 20, 2015 10:03 PM
Jul 2015
Dang, I know I'm missing out on something here. There's something I'm not following, a plot thread that escaped my full attention earlier or something...

Maybe the coming episodes will at least provide enough context for me to enjoy the rest of the series.
Feb 3, 2016 10:09 AM

Jul 2015
I knew it! There are more than two Warp, it's the only way so all of this would make sense. But I didn't thought that there were several copies of Warp, and the fact that the one in space is a fake copy either.

The only thing I'm missing out is who the hell is inside that yellow flying thing. Since episode two I think it's Neiro, but I'm not quite sure...let's see if I'm right.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Jul 25, 2016 5:47 PM

May 2016
KKDW said:

And I was slightly remined of evangelion during the scene in the body collection place.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one...

...looks like most people had the same reaction of confusion as me, though not as much as others. Either way, I can't wait to see how it all ends.
Aug 8, 2016 5:38 PM

Aug 2014
This was very complicated, but its awesome too.
Now we know who is the main character Warp/Kaiba.
Now we know why he doesn't remember anything.
Now we know what that sign mean.
Now we know what is that plant that eats things.
Now we know some stuff about who is behind what's happening.

This episode is a masterpiece of "Show dont tell storytelling", which i can appreciate.
This anime treats the viewer as smart people.

Excellent Episode, one of the best.
Dec 27, 2017 10:41 AM

Jan 2017
Wooot|!?!?!?! So many breakthroughs!!

So Dada is three defective old Warps.
Neyro's memories were indeed altered by Popo
Popo's mom sold her body and became a robot in order to buy a new body for her fragile child, Popo.
Warp is not just one, it's endless Warps but only 1 of 2000 can hold Warps true powers.

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

May 25, 2018 9:32 AM
Apr 2015
when did neiro' memories got transferred to hyohyo?
sketchy12May 25, 2018 9:35 AM
Dec 15, 2020 11:53 AM

Nov 2019
pffft, i didn't know a Kaiba plant could swallow an entire planet. Well then the would explain the black orb at the end of ep 7 it was feasting on.
Jun 15, 2022 5:40 AM

Jul 2021
Oh no ...... It's all kicking in! Finally, the rebel "ishudan" has arrived. Even though Poppo's mother sold her own body to take care of Poppo, it seems that it was a zero-tolerance policy regarding storing memories on a chip.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 13, 2023 5:30 PM
Nov 2022
Idk man, I just don’t like kaiba.
Mar 20, 2:33 PM

Dec 2022
Neiro and Popo give the impression of being in a sexual relationship of some sorts, interesting. Popo himself is also insane, which isn't much of a surprise. But the memory alteration is working out well for him.

Wonder what's up with the weird emu/ostrich creature. It's been helping Kaiba a lot. More memory transferral going on there?

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

» I’m indifferent to the point of dropping it

Sagepool - Apr 13

0 by Sagepool »»
Apr 13, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Netforce - Aug 7, 2008

153 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Trojun - Aug 7, 2008

64 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 10 Discussion

8GaugeBrett - Jul 31, 2008

43 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

freedo- - Jul 4, 2008

64 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 3:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.