Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2011 5:59 PM
Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ending with a prequel? I didn't expect that but hey it was cool. Daniel was probably the most competent non-Keaton so far. Normally you'd think Daniel would provide some mentor service, but I guess everyone is a Watson compared to the the Master himself.
Actually never mind, there was once that old mercenary who was very boss.

For a seasoned archeologist looking to become a professor, that murdered fellow sure did overreact. You'd think he'd be a bit more contemplative, willing to talk things over, especially with an old friend.

On to the OVA sequel then. Honestly this episode felt more like a beginning to that, than an end to the TV series.
Jul 20, 2011 7:34 AM

Sep 2008
Another ep to add in my "best of Master Keaton list". Solid ep, great background on Daniel and Keaton, and on to the OVA...
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Feb 23, 2013 7:59 PM

May 2010
What the heck? This was supposed to be an ending? There is chapter 25???
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 16, 2014 4:27 PM
Jul 2013
Freaking awesome! Nice laid back show with great stories or people and history. If only history books could captivate my interest like this.
Sep 15, 2015 2:40 PM

Jul 2010
This show felt very relaxing to me, I thought it would be much darker than it was. Onto the OVAs now, hope they introduce Keaton's ex-wife and maybe they can patch things up.
Sep 28, 2015 4:45 AM

Mar 2008
A cute beginning. It's a shame these 'mysteries' tend to be so blatant, but it's seeing Keaton, the atmosphere, the settings, and various premises that keeps this show a step above what you might expect given the straight narratives.

10th_man_down said:
hope they introduce Keaton's ex-wife and maybe they can patch things up.
Definitely something to look forward to. Perhaps an episode featuring one of Keaton's special forces exploits would be nice to see too.
Nov 3, 2018 5:11 AM

Jul 2008
Considering how episodic the show is I wasn't expecting some big arc ending, but it was nice to get a little more backstory.

Overall this was a great show, 9/10
May 10, 2019 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
This show is pretty good example how to make a good episodic show. Almost all of them were unique and had interesting narrative. Except I really didn't the episodes which featured Yuriko. Her episodes gives us new info about Keaton's character himself but tbh I found her character too mary sue. Anyway rest of the stuff were amazing.
Mar 19, 2021 12:29 AM

Feb 2012
A decent ending, although it was a bit strange to see Keaton's partner after all this time.

Overall I liked the first 8 episodes a lot and then the last few were also okay. The mysteries were mostly predictable and comparing them to other (non-anime) works of the genre, laughably simple. There were problems with plots, but also lots of infodumps in which events were merely narrated, and they didn't make use of the animation aspect much. And also some "as you know" dialogue in which Keaton tells characters what everyone (except the viewer) already knows. These episodes were below average, considering the tropes of the genre.

The historical episodes also suffered from these storytelling flaws, mainly from telling and not showing enough, but at least I found the stories interesting, and Keaton was also a more compelling character when he was in the archeologist/adventurer mode instead of being a detective. This aspect of the show could have warranted 8/10, if only it had been dominant and developed a bit better.

So, overall 6/10. A fine anime in which the good episodes slightly outweigh the stale ones. I don't feel compelled to watch the OVA series after this, but might do so in the hope it contains fewer mysteries.
Dec 13, 2021 10:17 AM

Feb 2020
Well, a prequal story of how keaton become loyd agent...interesting.
It personally liked the second half of the series a lot more(maybe because I switched to dub). Master Keaton really have some good interesting side character at times. My favorite episode is winery one. Few episode I disliked, but mostly great show

Time to go to the ovas
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jan 14, 6:36 PM

Jan 2017
When I first read the show's description, I was thinking that it was going to be similar to a manga I liked: The Legendary Musings of Professor Munakata. While it hasn't quite turned out like that, I still enjoyed the series thus far.

I'm a fan of the majority of the episodes, of course, there were a few that were kind of lame or far-fetched. But I'm impressed that no matter the style of episode - slice of life, action/detective, historical, they were all pretty captivating. Episode 14 is probably the best episode though (in this main TV series at least, not sure if that'll change after I watch the OVA).

More topics from this board

» I like what I see but doesn't this show feel a tad boring?

anizawa89 - Yesterday

3 by Merve2Love »»
Yesterday, 12:55 PM

» Does its anime include ova fully adapt manga till the end ?

ISeeLifePeople - Jan 30

1 by JX-78-2 »»
Jan 30, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Master Keaton Episode 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Sep 3, 2009

17 by A1E1BA »»
Jan 7, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Master Keaton Episode 19 Discussion

thisiodfkln - Jul 5, 2011

12 by Rui_Rei »»
Nov 27, 2023 2:47 PM

» How good ?

Abstudios07 - Jul 27, 2023

0 by Abstudios07 »»
Jul 27, 2023 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.