Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 13, 2011 10:02 AM

Jan 2009
Lol at the opening, Akari was blurred because they kept focusing on background not on Akari...
The tsundere couple made me so happy. They're fun to watch and really heartwarming.

Well, you know, I guess this is may be because of the difference of school cultures between Japan and Western countries, it seems translaters changed and translated from 'top in her grade' to 'top in her class'.
But actually, 'gakunen top' meant 'She always wins the top in her second grade'
Well, at any rate, just studying one night and getting such a high grade every time is so amazing.
I don't wonder that Ayano has become to like her.

taro_sado said:
manabilt said:
I wouldn't get my hopes up as it's actually a brother in the manga and pretty sure he's never seen or even referenced again after that one little scene of his room.

Is that suppose to be a spoiler then?

Anyway Kyoko and Akarin said it was the sister's room....

Akari's brother is... black history only on magazine. The author and publisher erased him, because it is not funny but just creepy... And her sibling has become an elder sister on independent book. well, I guess nobody wanted such a brother.
Hana-keiJul 13, 2011 10:11 AM
Jul 13, 2011 10:45 AM

Apr 2010
I counted tree tsundere's which seemed rather interesting to me like last week this was a really nice episode and i am really wondering how the rest of this anime will turn out now.
Kyouko is certainly a very interesting subject for the vice president and i wonder if that will form into some kind of relationship and the companion of the vice president has a rather strange imagination.
I wonder why the president's face wasn't shown in the picture and i wonder who she is i am still under the impression that she has something to do with Akarin.
Jul 13, 2011 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
Chitose's voice sounds exactly like Haru's voice on NHK news.

Jul 13, 2011 1:20 PM

Oct 2010
liked this episode!! >.<
Jul 13, 2011 2:13 PM

Jun 2009
Oppai dribble! XD
Jul 13, 2011 2:37 PM

Feb 2011
taro_sado said:
manabilt said:
I wouldn't get my hopes up as it's actually a brother in the manga and pretty sure he's never seen or even referenced again after that one little scene of his room.

Is that suppose to be a spoiler then?

Anyway Kyoko and Akarin said it was the sister's room....

Not a spoiler, happens 2nd chapter of manga which was animated in ep 1. And it was a brother in the manga, definitely. They changed it, and that's the only really major change they've made. (I'm guessing they did so either because they wanted to up the yuri quotient (sister x sister instead of brother x sister joke) or they were worried about the Ishihara ban, not that changing it did anything to get rid of the incest overtones of the scene.) The scene is otherwise almost identical, like nearly everything they've animated so far has been, they're following the manga incredibly faithfully.

Basically it's a throw-away scene, just a one-shot gag that never gets followed up on. And, since no character design exists for this sister + they're following the manga very closely, the odds of her ever showing up again are slim to none. That was my point, don't get your hopes up as it's highly unlikely to happen.

Hana-kei said:
Well, you know, I guess this is may be because of the difference of school cultures between Japan and Western countries, it seems translaters changed and translated from 'top in her grade' to 'top in her class'.
Well, at any rate, just studying one night and getting such a high grade every time is so amazing.

In the US at least class generally refers to your grade level. When you refer to top of the class, that would be the top student of your year. Saying top of your grade is pretty much never used (I've never heard anyone use it personally). So that's a logical translation, it still means the same thing but is phrased appropriately for the US, which is CrunchyRoll's main target audience.
Jul 13, 2011 7:27 PM

Jan 2009
manabilt said:
Hana-kei said:

In the US at least class generally refers to your grade level. When you refer to top of the class, that would be the top student of your year. Saying top of your grade is pretty much never used (I've never heard anyone use it personally). So that's a logical translation, it still means the same thing but is phrased appropriately for the US, which is CrunchyRoll's main target audience.

I didn't know that! I was thinking 'class' just means to 'one of the classes'. Thank you for telling.

By the way, I don't think Ayano should be up all night studying every day before test...
Jul 14, 2011 4:18 AM

Apr 2011
Lolmao! I couldn't stop laughing at this episode!

It had me smiling and laughing the whole time. Yuru Yuri made my day.

5/5
Jul 14, 2011 5:17 AM

Feb 2010
Was their a yuri hentai reference in this episode?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2011 5:38 AM

Aug 2010
I really needed a show like this. It would be a miracle if Chitose didn't die of blood loss by the end of the season. 4/5.
Jul 14, 2011 9:16 AM

Apr 2010
manabilt said:
Hana-kei said:

This is actually what confuses me most of the time lots of translators directly translate the Japanese system while some translators translate it to the American system.
I understand the Japanese system since it's very close to the system here and there has also been allot of explanation about it in both manga and anime.
However i have no clue about the American system and when translators start mentioning the American system i always wonder wether there talking about junior high school or high school.
I also wonder wether mentioning the American system makes things easier for people from the US since they also need to have knowledge about the different school types in the Japanese system such as junior high and high school.
So my preference goes out the just mentioning the Japanese system since things get confusing when you start to mention the system of other country's.
Jul 15, 2011 1:45 AM

Jul 2010
Oppai dribble, lol! Reminds me of Tooru doing that with Yuuko in A-channel. xD

Very funny episode. I really liked the new characters. The student council is a really vibrant bunch huh? Chitose's fantasies are too funny and Sakurako and Himawari are being so tsundere towards each other. Hopefully they'll get along better later on. At least Sakurako gave her cookies. =P

Same with Ayano and Kyouka actually. In the end Akarin in the only one going to the club room and wondering why everyone so late. This is just turning out to be a very nice series for light entertainment just like A-channel was last season.

Jul 15, 2011 11:54 AM
Jul 2011
Particularly liked Chitose (I hope I spelled that right) in this episode, was a really good episode alongside huge amounts of subtext, which given the magazine the manga was published in isn't all that surprising. Definitely one of my favourites this season.
Jul 16, 2011 2:16 AM

Jul 2009
Needs more Yuri^^
Still funny though xD
Jul 16, 2011 8:23 AM

Sep 2010
Rexky said:
This feels like A Channel mixed with Nichijou. Can't wait for more.

This ^^

Major improvement from epi. 1..... :D 5/5
Jul 16, 2011 3:52 PM

Feb 2011
MelbShaw said:
Was their a yuri hentai reference in this episode?

Indirectly yes, Chitose's fantasies are apparently rather extreme. The manga did the same thing with a pixelated background and a "we can't show you this" note to go along with it. I think it makes it funnier, leaves it up to you to imagine just how wild her fantasies are.
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Aversa said:
This is actually what confuses me most of the time lots of translators directly translate the Japanese system while some translators translate it to the American system.
I understand the Japanese system since it's very close to the system here and there has also been allot of explanation about it in both manga and anime.
However i have no clue about the American system and when translators start mentioning the American system i always wonder wether there talking about junior high school or high school.
I also wonder wether mentioning the American system makes things easier for people from the US since they also need to have knowledge about the different school types in the Japanese system such as junior high and high school.
So my preference goes out the just mentioning the Japanese system since things get confusing when you start to mention the system of other country's.

It's a matter of the translator's target audience. Crunchyroll is targeting the US, and not the hard-core fan community, so they're going to tailor the translation to US norms where possible. Even within the group of US localization/translators you won't get agreement on how far to go with this either. Some over-Americanize things (Viz Entertainment is really, really bad about this in particular) even in manga. Others take a lighter approach, changing things like top of grade to top of class where it makes logical sense (it doesn't actually change the meaning), but not changing things that are more or less untranslatable. You also find honorifics handled differently depending on who did the localization, some drop them entirely, some try to translate them.

Fansubbers are targeting a more hardcore audience by and large. That group mostly prefers things more "real", with things left intact to Japanese norms as much as possible. That's why you're more likely to see them refer to things regarding school stuff using the Japanese system instead of trying to translate it to the US (or other countries). You're also much more likely to get translation notes to explain things, because many fans want to learn more about what Japan's really like.

In short, CR's subs are almost always going to Americanize the translation somewhat. Fansubs are less likely to do so. They're targeting different viewing audiences.

As for making it easier, yes it does if you're a more casual viewer who doesn't want to/doesn't care about the differences between Japan and the US. And there are far more of those people than fans that want to know, despite what many of us would like to think. The more casual ones aren't visiting the same sites we do for the most part. Some of them do and become more hardcore fans, some never change.

Personally I prefer things left more to Japanese norms. but small changes like top of grade to top of class don't bother me since I understand both just fine. I actually didn't even notice it since they mean the same thing to me.
Jul 17, 2011 1:28 PM

Mar 2008
DAMN, this show is awesome.

I started to watch this with no expectations whatsoever and am just loving it now.
Jul 17, 2011 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
Just something awesome about seeing a girl getting a nosebleed from yuri fantasies.
Jul 17, 2011 3:07 PM

Jul 2009
Lol, Chitose and her nosebleeds XD Ayano really reminds me of Kyouko from Madoka, looks wise at least :P So much for Akari being a "main" character ... she's got presence troubles to be sure! XD
Jul 19, 2011 3:18 PM

Sep 2008
Okay, so why isn't this show about the student council? Seems like that's where all the good stuff is, and Yui would fit right in.
Jul 21, 2011 3:45 AM
Jul 2011
This episode was so much better than the first one!
Jul 26, 2011 6:39 PM

Mar 2011
Hahaha!

So many reaction faces to ridiculous things!

This is turning out to be a thouroughly enjoyable SoL anime, and ecchi without being HotD explicit!

Nice Body!
Aug 4, 2011 6:54 PM

Aug 2010
Paiguy said:
This is soooo much better than A channel. White haired girl is great.

I found A-channel to be uninteresting and not funny. But yuruyuri has got it going right. I absolutely love the character designs!!
Aug 18, 2011 9:54 AM
Aug 2011
AYANO X KYOKO IS SO ADORABLE!
Aug 22, 2011 9:12 PM

Nov 2010
The lack of male characters in this show is disturbing.
Aug 23, 2011 12:29 AM

Jun 2011
This is shaping up to be pretty good. Chitose makes Mugi from K-ON! (anime and doujin) look tame.
Aug 26, 2011 8:12 AM

Jun 2010
Hilarious! Love the explosive nosebleeds.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2011 10:04 PM

May 2011
ok il toss it some props, this is turning out to be alot of fun ^^
Apr 8, 2012 3:46 PM

Mar 2009
I liked it when she accidentally stepped on the glasses.
May 14, 2012 2:25 PM

Feb 2012
I just about died at the breast dribbling part.
Jun 23, 2012 8:17 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, it was really funny.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 2, 2012 10:47 PM

Jul 2011
Loving kyouko and ayano's little relationship. Also got a little nosebleed going my self when Himawari had to wear the small gym outfit. My only complaint is the lack of akarin. She really doesn't have a presence ;_;. I wanted to hear her plan too...
Jul 11, 2012 11:38 AM

Jun 2012
This anime just keeps getting funnier and funnier.

Where did she pull that out of?

Oh, their breasts.

LOL.
Aug 17, 2012 11:13 AM

Oct 2009
^ Erm, you usually put a thermometer in your armpit, not between your breasts.
Aug 24, 2012 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
Lil_Sparrow said:
This episode was so much better than the first one!

I thought so as well. The first episode was decent and introduced us to the main group of characters; but this one had a lot more funny scenes - especially the "breast dribbling" one.
Sep 15, 2012 9:07 AM

May 2012
I'll go with those who preferred the 1st episode. Way too much nosebleed and tsunderes. I hope it gets better the next episode.
Nov 12, 2012 12:01 AM

Sep 2011
LOL intense nosebleeds.
Nov 24, 2012 7:45 AM

Mar 2010
Pretty good second episode. The names part along with the snake capture were funny.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 26, 2012 12:21 PM

May 2012
Quite funny them bloodnoses xD
Mar 24, 2013 12:17 PM
Jan 2012
LOL it is only the second episode but Chitose is already my favorite character.
Kelvets said:
The lack of male characters in this show is disturbing.
The less boring male characters, the better.
Apr 5, 2013 6:35 PM
Jul 2012
Man that glasses girl keeps getting nosebleeds. Kinda gets annoying but a little funny.
Haha the music is funny.
Haha I liked the breast dribble. That was unexpeced xd.
Ayano is becoming my favorite character.
4/5
Jun 6, 2013 2:22 PM
Nov 2012
That epic nose bleed by Chitose. She is bloody awesome. I would want to see how she would react if there were boys in her school.
Jun 15, 2013 10:27 PM

Nov 2012
lol himawari and sakurako scene when cookies is funny XD oh that girll..

nice episode :3

YokamotaJun 16, 2013 5:49 AM
Jul 7, 2013 4:14 AM

Jul 2013
Akarin at the club house oblivious to the fact they visited Ayano-chan was something that I expected but still pretty funny thinking she was early for the meeting, also the pervy white-haired girl and her yuri fantasies also had me chuckling; Sakurako/ Himawari are always fighting but secretly they wanna f*ck each others brains out and climaxing while making ahegao faces xD, I mean sakurako wants cookies from Himawari which is most likely a metaphor of Sakurako wanting to go to town on Himawari's candy shop ;D
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Aug 2, 2013 1:24 PM
Feb 2009
Does anyone know what the pun Ayano makes means? I think it sounds like Bakin Buckingham or something. One translation said " stick..situation" another "fine divine." Does anyone know what the actual meaning of the pun is?
Aug 6, 2013 6:36 PM
Jun 2013
A bit better than the first episode. The tsunderextsundere is pretty amusing to be honest. Still not quite as good as I want it to be but it's heading in the right direction.

canders5 said:
Does anyone know what the pun Ayano makes means? I think it sounds like Bakin Buckingham or something. One translation said " stick..situation" another "fine divine." Does anyone know what the actual meaning of the pun is?

My subs said "fine Irvine". Noo clue what it means.
Aug 26, 2013 3:53 PM

Apr 2012
well this show isnt 4 girls, unless there open about sexuality then again i dont know how women perceive sexuality im using a males perspective here females may handle GL better than males handle BL
Dec 24, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 2013
how wild fantasy Chitose's. o_o
Mar 26, 2014 10:01 PM

Nov 2012
The outstanding amount of yuri service is soothing for my soul. Do fantasize more for me Chitose. I need more of your wild imaginations.
Jun 1, 2014 1:29 AM
May 2014
horny lesbian middleschoolers lmao other than that, this ep felt 'dry'
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viMAL - Sep 19, 2011

210 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 10, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 29, 2011

77 by -ODA- »»
Feb 8, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 5, 2011

115 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 12, 2011

130 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 22, 2011

91 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.