Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 17, 2011 3:49 AM
Mar 2011
Hmm can't help wondering who was the robot there?

Sky High or Cis?

Anyone get an odd vibe off this?
Jul 18, 2011 2:13 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic bittersweet - Hachiko-style - episode !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 23, 2011 12:01 AM

Mar 2009
ItsSoPringles said:

]you know it really reminded me of this scene from rahXephon(spoilers)

anyone else get the same vibes except till the ending where theres a completly different reaction

Yup. I was thinking the same thing.

Also, Barnaby in a speedo. What is this I don't even...

The fujoshi must have had fun with that scene. >_<
Jul 23, 2011 9:55 PM
Jun 2010
Oh man, I'm getting flashbacks to that one Outlaw Star episode, where the exact same thing happened between Jim and one of the Anten Seven.
Jul 27, 2011 10:57 AM

Feb 2008
This show insults intelligence.
I can't watch it anymore ;_;

As much as I would like to finish it so I could say it sucks from the start, I'll just have to be pleased with fact that I made it so far.

Gawd, it's so bad.
Aug 13, 2011 6:38 AM

Nov 2008
bwahahachick said:
I approve of this episode's use of the penis imagery with the fountain.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Cis was a robot. I wish the staff made her more "human".
But it was still sad nonetheless :( I really want some one to tell him instead of waiting there thinking she's coming back :c
Aug 15, 2011 2:04 PM

Sep 2009
SuperLlama said:
Oh man, I'm getting flashbacks to that one Outlaw Star episode, where the exact same thing happened between Jim and one of the Anten Seven.
This is exactly what I came here to post.
Aug 15, 2011 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
YES!!! I knew Kotetsu wasn't that Old, me and Astute Otaku has been guessing late 20's or older 30's forever and it feels good to know we were spot on. Makes sense too, him doing it for 10 years makes puts him at 23 when starting the Hero business, makes sense to me....

Hopefully, this will chill out some of the folks who go EWW when bringing up the Blue Rose crush. The fact that she's probably 17 after the 10 month gap, and he's barely pushing into 30 means this relationship isn't impossible. All he has to do is wait a year.....18-20 year olds dating 30 year olds is VERY common folks....
Aug 15, 2011 8:17 PM

Aug 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
YES!!! I knew Kotetsu wasn't that Old, me and Astute Otaku has been guessing late 20's or older 30's forever and it feels good to know we were spot on. Makes sense too, him doing it for 10 years makes puts him at 23 when starting the Hero business, makes sense to me....

Hopefully, this will chill out some of the folks who go EWW when bringing up the Blue Rose crush. The fact that she's probably 17 after the 10 month gap, and he's barely pushing into 30 means this relationship isn't impossible. All he has to do is wait a year.....18-20 year olds dating 30 year olds is VERY common folks....
hes 39 years old, creator confirmed that at the otakon T&B panel

16 year old dating a 39 year old is not common, you probably get arrested for it
Aug 15, 2011 8:23 PM

Jan 2011
Not arrested, but they wouldn't be getting nice looks from people. The age of consent in japan can be as low as 13 in certain areas......nasty, but not illegal.

16 with a 39 year old might not be common here, but in japan, it does happen. Especially with situations like arranged marriages.
Aug 15, 2011 8:37 PM

Aug 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Not arrested, but they wouldn't be getting nice looks from people. The age of consent in japan can be as low as 13 in certain areas......nasty, but not illegal.

16 with a 39 year old might not be common here, but in japan, it does happen. Especially with situations like arranged marriages.
im just glad it will never happen, it would totaly fuck the show up,
longshoremanXAug 15, 2011 8:43 PM
Aug 15, 2011 8:39 PM

Aug 2011
ItsSoPringles said:
norazka said:
IceAndCream said:
I want to see Lunatic again next ep!

I hope Sky High never finds out he killed his girlfriend.

I really really hope it to ! It would break his giant heart !
I dont want to see the cute sky high sad =(
But its really hard killing the person u love without knowing...
but it was something he had to do so... its best he doesnt know...
you know it really reminded me of this scene from rahXephon(spoilers)

anyone else get the same vibes except till the ending where theres a completly different reaction
holy crap i was thinking of the EXACT same scene
Aug 15, 2011 8:40 PM

Jan 2011
longshoremanX said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Not sure, a relationship might be iffy, but I can see a kiss, especially with this stuff going on with Kotetsu right now. Remember this IS anime, Sunrise at that. Look at Koi Kaze. He was 30, she was 15. And they were brother and sister, so our situation isn't as bad as it could be.
Aug 15, 2011 9:02 PM

Aug 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
longshoremanX said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Not sure, a relationship might be iffy, but I can see a kiss, especially with this stuff going on with Kotetsu right now. Remember this IS anime, Sunrise at that. Look at Koi Kaze. He was 30, she was 15. And they were brother and sister, so our situation isn't as bad as it could be.
here you go just read this, it descrbes the situation exactly only kotetsu is much older and actually read it dont read just the first 5 sentances

http://teenadvice.about.com/od/teenlifefaqsandqas/a/agedifferences1.htm

regardless of where it is this age differance is not accepted and yes people are indeed arrested for this kind of thing, a 39 year old witha 16 year old, if they were tod oa nything sexual like a normal couple would koetetsu would be a statutory rapist

and even then when you come down to it, kotetsu has absolutly no interest in blue rose or romantic ordeals in general,
longshoremanXAug 15, 2011 9:23 PM
Aug 15, 2011 9:30 PM

Jan 2011
longshoremanX said:

Japan’s penal code does not apply statutory rape to a person over 13.

What I'm saying is that its ok cause this is anime, not real life. Most sexual objects in anime and manga are almost ALWAYS the generic high school girl. Hell, most Hentai shows girls under 17. I'm saying that because we don't live in japan, we are not familiar with their customs, that's why something that might seem gross to americans is considered a fetish in japan. Same with the link you showed me, that's american opinions, so of course we say it wrong, cause it is by american standards.

But in anime, I see no problem with age difference in relationships, cause its fiction. All in all, the anime character Karina aka Blue Rose being 16 is all numbers, and does not really reflect in her appearance and personality. They made her wear that VERY revealing outfit for a reason...why? Because of sex appeal. If the animators feel that she is old enough to be represented in a sexual and mature manner, then I'll take it as that.

Real life 39 year old and real life 16 year old? Burn the bastard with Fire.

Anime 39 year old who barely looks 26, and a anime 16 year old who looks 21, I have no problem with this. Remember logic and Anime NEVER goes hand in hand.
Aug 15, 2011 9:34 PM

Aug 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
longshoremanX said:
you think blue rose looks 21? please lend me your beer goggles
Tenchi_Ryu said:
longshoremanX said:

Japan’s penal code does not apply statutory rape to a person over 13.

What I'm saying is that its ok cause this is anime, not real life. Most sexual objects in anime and manga are almost ALWAYS the generic high school girl. Hell, most Hentai shows girls under 17. I'm saying that because we don't live in japan, we are not familiar with their customs, that's why something that might seem gross to americans is considered a fetish in japan. Same with the link you showed me, that's american opinions, so of course we say it wrong, cause it is by american standards.

But in anime, I see no problem with age difference in relationships, cause its fiction. All in all, the anime character Karina aka Blue Rose being 16 is all numbers, and does not really reflect in her appearance and personality. They made her wear that VERY revealing outfit for a reason...why? Because of sex appeal. If the animators feel that she is old enough to be represented in a sexual and mature manner, then I'll take it as that.

Real life 39 year old and real life 16 year old? Burn the bastard with Fire.

Anime 39 year old who barely looks 26, and a anime 16 year old who looks 21, I have no problem with this. Remember logic and Anime NEVER goes hand in hand.
ok whatever, just dont start bitching when nothing happens between them caus eits obvious why episode 14 was put in there in the newest episode

Aug 15, 2011 9:42 PM

Jan 2011
Never said I'm rooting for it, I said I won't have a problem if it happened.

And beer goggles.....seriously?

Don't you dare look at this woman and tell me this looks 16
Aug 15, 2011 9:46 PM

Aug 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Never said I'm rooting for it, I said I won't have a problem if it happened.

And beer goggles.....seriously?

Don't you dare look at this woman and tell me this looks 16
yah she looks like a teenager, and when she doesnt have the blue hair she looks even more like a 16 year old
Aug 16, 2011 9:18 AM

Aug 2008
bwahahachick said:
I approve of this episode's use of the penis imagery with the fountain...

Oh Sky High! He's so awesomely awkward. It was painfully obvious that that R. Dorothy look-alike was a robo, but not to him. It kinda reminded me of episode 19 of RahXephon, except Ayato eventually figured out what he did (damn that was depressing).

It's painfully obvious that Tiger is losing his powers... and fast. I don't wanna believe it. I really don't.
Aug 24, 2011 6:32 PM

Feb 2011
I really like how Bunny is happier now, it makes it a lot less irritating when he outshines Tiger. Both characters have really grown on me throughout the series, definitely a solid show.

I knew the girl was an android from the first moment. Not only because of her mannerisms, but also because of her resemblance to R. Dorothy Wayneright from The Big O. Her creator reminded me of Dr. Gero from Dragon Ball Z. I feel really bad for Sky High (but the part where he destroyed the android was awesome). In any case, things are really starting to get interesting.
RedMage23Aug 24, 2011 6:45 PM
Aug 27, 2011 8:42 PM

Jun 2007
So the most depressing episode so far involves an albino Dorothy clone and a penis fountain? All my wats.
Never_Know_BestAug 28, 2011 1:32 AM
Sep 2, 2011 8:30 PM

Sep 2009

I could have gone my whole life without seeing this.
Oct 13, 2011 12:44 PM

Feb 2008
im glad to see oragami is getting points now :D
i feel so bad for sky high though
and oh my gosh Kotetsu ;-;
Oct 16, 2011 6:10 AM

Aug 2007
In general the episode was a little boring. O.o but Tiger is loosing his powers. I want to see what will happen
Oct 20, 2011 7:51 PM
Mar 2010
I just feel like Tiger will end up losing his powers- and it would be a disadvantage to the company if Barnaby was the one getting all the powers, because the company is selling them as the first duo team.

It surprises me how different Bunny is behaving now, but he did just get his vengeance so it's understandable.
Nov 13, 2011 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
Awww Sky High ):
Dec 24, 2011 9:08 PM

Apr 2007
The situation with the scientist was awkward. He didn't seem to have evil intentions at first, but was ultimately written off with such thoughts. Or maybe it's just Bunny's views that screwing it up. To create an android with the purpose of helping people there should be no problem with it being powerful. The guy even said that she was malfunctioning so why did Bunny get so upset? Did he really think his parent's research would die with them? Bah whatever.

I usually despise goody-goody characters, but I think it's safe to say Sky High is my fav in the show. One of the ultra few exceptions. Too bad he destroyed his lady friend :( I wonder if he'll ever find out. It does seem like the android stuff will be brought up again so I guess it's possible.
Dec 27, 2011 6:49 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, what a really depressing episode. D: Poor Sky High.

And it looks like my prediction that Tiger's power is devolving is pretty much confirmed.

I have to say though, Bunny's complete 180 turn in personality freaks me out a bit. >.> They have to reveal that Jake wasn't the killer of his parents, and soon! It's just too weird having him be so nice XD
Jan 16, 2012 11:56 PM
Sep 2008
kenken55 said:
she reminds me of Dorothy from Big O

Aw yeah, I had a feeling she was gonna turn out to be an android based off this alone.
Feb 13, 2012 1:17 AM

Apr 2009
SKYYYYY HIGH!
Feb 21, 2012 4:49 AM
Jan 2012
The ending is almost cruel i feel so sad for sky high being in love like that and not knowing he pretty much killed the android he loved

Plus Tiger's Powers :O OMG HE Can't lose them! ;_ ;
Mar 14, 2012 1:54 PM

Dec 2009
LadyBolet said:
I though I saw a Metropolis reference in there.

Indeed! When I heard "Rotwang" I thought of Metropolis right away. I LOVE that movie :D
Apr 1, 2012 3:58 AM

Oct 2011
Koishii said:
OH MY GOD!
XD
I JUST DIED.

+10
|ω・)
Apr 23, 2012 8:52 AM

Jun 2009
I think this episode was just awkwardly written. As Monochrome mentioned, the way the scientist dude was handled was very sloppy, also it's really hard for me to give a shit about the death of a character who only appeared in one episode. Even more so because her "relationship" with Sky High was badly done. I kind of like the idea that he was just forcing his problems on her by way of dealing with his loneliness, but I don't think it was well done at all here.

This show has become rapidly less interesting the last 6 or so episodes.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 23, 2012 1:26 AM

Jun 2012
poor sky high
"For every confession that is made, there is someone that is dumped" -Harima Kenji
Jul 26, 2012 12:08 PM

Jan 2012
LadyBolet said:
Imagine Sky High, a week or so later, still sitting there. "Yep, any minute now.:D"

I though I saw a Metropolis reference in there.

My heart is breakin' for poor Kotetsu.

Indeed, the name "Rotwang" and the fact that he created an android fits quite nicely. It even looked a bit like the android from Metropolis! :)
Nov 14, 2012 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
Poor Sky High.
Feb 7, 2013 11:49 AM

Jan 2012
Poor Sky High this episode was similar to that Outlaw Star one where that kid keeps meeting that girl then they were suposed to meet but they kill her and he didn't even knew it was her
Jul 3, 2013 4:06 PM

Jul 2009
shame Sky High was in the dumps :(

lol Blue Rose getting jealous over the radio when Kotetsu said to girl she is wonderful XD

and did Barnaby had to pose like that XD

and yeah wtf are those kid reporters asking and all.

so Barnaby's parents research is still going on huh?

shame Barnaby had to destroy Cis :(

how can you resist his smile? :P

so Kotetsu is really losing power :(

NOOO! :(
Jul 3, 2013 10:23 PM
Jan 2013
Archie74 said:
How many people KNEW right away she

Also, what penis imagery? That was a Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon Fountain!

I totally noticed that right away and wondered why he didn't catch the lack of proper inflection.
As for the fountain, I can see why people might think that, but I felt it was more a symbol of his level of confidence.

The pacing in the last two episodes has felt rushed.

But something is definitely wrong with Tiger. If it has something to do with the chamber, as some have suggested, I'm surprised that they haven't shown the chambers at all in the last several episodes.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jul 5, 2013 1:30 PM

Apr 2010
Hmmm! I was surprised Sky high couldn't tell that she was a robot- I mean he voice was obvious like "why?" x3.

It's kinda sad, he killed the one he /loved/ and he didn't know it. I expected something tragic- but I guess what's tragic is him waiting on the bench all night for her. I bet he'd be heart broken...

I'm more concerned about Kotetsu now though!
Oct 1, 2013 3:58 PM

Jan 2013
OnyxEyes3 said:

Also, regardless of how interesting the information is, chatting while your partner is getting his head repeatedly slammed into walls is not cool. :\

IceAndCream said:
I hope Sky High never finds out he killed his girlfriend.
I would rather he does. (As hard is it might be for him to deal with, I think it would be worse if he was there, always waiting for her in case she ever came back and/or wondering why she never has. Plus, I just think it would be more interesting. /shot)

Oh, and in regards to Tiger's power problem--FIX IT. FIX IT NOW. My little fangirl heart won't be able to take it if things really start to deteriorate. T_T

I completely agree with you. >.<
no
Mar 15, 2014 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
Must be painful to know your love intrest is an android that you killed.
That is double the pain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2014 2:52 PM

Sep 2013
Poor Sky High :'( he killed the girl/android he loved and didn't even know it. It also looks like Kotetsu might lose his powers, i hope not.

and dat Barnaby fanservice
Aug 3, 2014 2:20 PM

May 2012
Poor sky high :| pretty nice episode though! Let's see what's next.
Mar 3, 2015 1:53 AM

Nov 2013
Nice! Sky High got some character development! I hope Sky High gets another episode dedicated to him because I feel like he didn't get enough screentime despite it being his episode.

Dat Barnaby manservice O _ O

Cis being an android was pretty obvious. I'm surprised Sky High didn't catch on.

Poor Sky High. He killed Cis without him even knowing. Seeing him sit at the bench with the flower bouquet alone was sad.

Oh shit! Kotetsu powers may be declining!

Great episode!

8/10 This seems like a good stopping point for tonight. Definitely will watch some more of this tomorrow night!

Apr 8, 2015 10:23 PM

Sep 2013
I guess I am the only one who thought this episode was funny lol.

Wasn't it clear from begging she was a robot?

Unlucky, Mr. Sky High.

PS: Penis-shaped fountain LOL. Gold.
Oct 3, 2015 3:16 PM
Sep 2014
idgaf sky high still my fav character
Dec 13, 2015 2:12 AM
Jun 2013
lol at blue rose reaction to tiger on radio and everyone else reaction to sky high liking someone. dam tiger just has no luck. I mean losing his powers and feel bad for sky high at the end.
Mar 2, 2016 5:15 PM

Feb 2011
Dorothy? Is that you?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

213 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.