Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 7, 2011 11:02 PM

Mar 2009
it's so colorful.....my eyes kind of hurt. i guess not in a bad way, but...its like neon paint palette meets Ouran. xp
Jul 8, 2011 9:19 AM

Feb 2008
Blinding....but it will be my anime when I just need to numb my mind for a bit.
Jul 9, 2011 8:39 PM
Jul 2007
I actually like it. It's different, but its not abandoning the classic anime look.
Jul 9, 2011 9:36 PM

Aug 2009
DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HARUKA'S CHARACTER DESIGN...

I dont mean to sound mean but, her eyes really do bug me! x_x I just cant let it go..
And I kinda wished she had longer hair... x__x

But hopefully she will surprise me... >_>

Everything else is fine!

The art really looks like it came straight out of the game, while compared to Starry Sky, Starry Sky looked like it was drawn by a 13 year old...
Jul 10, 2011 1:33 AM

Mar 2009
Lulexiaa said:

I dont mean to sound mean but, her eyes really do bug me! x_x I just cant let it go..
And I kinda wished she had longer hair... x__x

But hopefully she will surprise me... >_>

Everything else is fine!

The art really looks like it came straight out of the game, while compared to Starry Sky,

Starry Sky looked like it was drawn by a 13 year old...

Holy crap you read my mind.
Her eyes scared me too when i first saw them- kindof like a combination between a deer in the headlights and some spooky color...and same with the Starry sky comment, very similar art.
Jul 10, 2011 2:40 AM

Dec 2009
I hate Haruka's eyes.
Jul 10, 2011 2:58 AM

Jul 2010
Haruka's eyes are a bit strange, I first thought she was blind but that was in the flashback (the colors were really dull then) but I like it :) it's centainly different from what I've seen so far but it's good once you get used to it ^^
Jul 10, 2011 3:11 PM
Oct 2010
Chiyuzuru said:
I hate Haruka's eyes.

Seconded.
Jul 10, 2011 4:31 PM

Apr 2011
Lulexiaa said:

The art really looks like it came straight out of the game, while compared to Starry Sky, Starry Sky looked like it was drawn by a 13 year old...

I lol'd

Animefanx3 said:
I first thought she was blind

She looks blind. She just looks unfit to be the center of a reverse harem. Tbh Ringo-sensei is cuter than she is.

And was it just me or did anyone notice that animation when Ittoki was getting his guitar on in episode 2? I would like a .gif of that. It was so pretty *o*
Jul 10, 2011 6:10 PM

Nov 2007
Not sure if I like it.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 10, 2011 7:20 PM
Jul 2007
GJ8 said:
Lulexiaa said:

I lol'd

Animefanx3 said:
I first thought she was blind

She looks blind. She just looks unfit to be the center of a reverse harem. Tbh Ringo-sensei is cuter than she is.

And was it just me or did anyone notice that animation when Ittoki was getting his guitar on in episode 2? I would like a .gif of that. It was so pretty *o*

Even she's unfit to be the center, that could be her appeal. I personally do not mind her look. I mean think of Tohru in Fruits Basket, she had a plain look about her, and then she started to shine through her personality. Remember it has only been two episodes. I am betting this is a character growth type anime, so I think she will grow on us, and improve as the series goes on.
Jul 10, 2011 10:37 PM

Jun 2011
For me, the art is great.. Comparing it to Kiniro no Corda, which I think it has some similarities in terms of art, UtaPri wins hands down.. Dunno why, but the bishies in UtaPri looks more charming than those of La Corda..

Also, I find not only the art but the animation great too. I like how you can accurately see the difference between the dance steps of each character in the opening intro of the first ep. It amazes me how the animation puts emphasis on each character's dance improvisation (which I think is based on their personality). So far, I like Sho's (the chibiko) dancing than the others. He's a shota-type, that's why I find his dance routine cuter (*/∇\*)

Some anime with dancing scenes (just like the lucky star op) uses the same dance routine angles in all the characters and you can't really tell the difference in their personalities while they're dancing..
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Jul 11, 2011 1:10 AM

May 2010
She may look strange at first sight but start to look okay later on.

btw I wasn't going to watch this series just because of her eye color but it went well later on
Jul 11, 2011 1:21 AM

Nov 2009
I love the animation. It's so detailed!

The colour palette reminds me of Barajou no kiss. Very bright saturated hues matched with a interesting shadow tint.
Jul 14, 2011 5:35 AM

May 2009
Momo-Hime said:
For me, the art is great.. Comparing it to Kiniro no Corda, which I think it has some similarities in terms of art, UtaPri wins hands down.. Dunno why, but the bishies in UtaPri looks more charming than those of La Corda..

Kiniro no Corda was crap in its animation. I liked still, although the main character, Kahoko, was such a dumb airhead. KnC was all stills that it really annoyed me. UtaPri and KnC, I've noticed, have similar male characters. The serious, the fun-loving, the women lover... The types are so similar, even the art style matches them.

Also, I find not only the art but the animation great too. I like how you can accurately see the difference between the dance steps of each character in the opening intro of the first ep. It amazes me how the animation puts emphasis on each character's dance improvisation (which I think is based on their personality). So far, I like Sho's (the chibiko) dancing than the others. He's a shota-type, that's why I find his dance routine cuter (*/∇\*)

Some anime with dancing scenes (just like the lucky star op) uses the same dance routine angles in all the characters and you can't really tell the difference in their personalities while they're dancing..

The animation, with KnC being crap, Nodame Cantabile, on the other hand, was awsome with its movements during instrument playing. Bubble animation, but it was done so so well. And now, UtaPri is hawt!! I am so in LOVE LOVE LOVE! with the animation!! It's damn awesome! I was fascinated by the 1000% Love song animation. You can see the delays in dance synchronisation - which I've never seen so far in any anime.. Normally, all the characters would look like clones dancing, just with different bodies and faces. It's pretty eerie, actually.. I was so ecstatic with UtaPri because it makes it look all the more real. And to animate the whole of it so well.. Hands down to the whole animation team! I don't mind watching it on loop!

It's true, you can tell the movements are a reflection of their personalities. =D
Ittoki and his guitar, I was so happy to see that. Nodame Cantabile was similar like that. It's so great to see music anime being given the proper budget for its animation. I haven't seen Lucky Star, so can't comment.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayieeee!!!!! ^_^
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 14, 2011 5:37 AM

May 2009
Oh, and, I don't mind the vibrant colours of this show.. For this anime, it works well. Music is colours.. And this is pretty darned colourful. It's a good break.

Haruka's eyes did give me the heebie-jeebies at first.. but I don't mind it now. It's a good experiment on the eye part... Although.. yeah.. at times, she still does look like a zombie... O.o
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 15, 2011 10:04 AM

Apr 2011
kaleidostar1187 said:

Even she's unfit to be the center, that could be her appeal. I personally do not mind her look. I mean think of Tohru in Fruits Basket, she had a plain look about her, and then she started to shine through her personality. Remember it has only been two episodes. I am betting this is a character growth type anime, so I think she will grow on us, and improve as the series goes on.

I hear you and that's exactly where I think it's going. It's kind of hinted at with the whole 'unable to read music' thing but she wants to write and compose for her idol. She'll need to grow musically and there'll be some personality growth accompanying it somewhere along the way.
Jul 15, 2011 1:59 PM

Jul 2008
Haruka isn't pretty at all... her hair looks awkward and her eyes make her look blind, but she's not... Her best friend should switch places with her as the lead. The best friend also seems to have a more interesting personality so far, but hey.. I guess it is only episode two so far.

Other than her, I think the art is amazing =D
Jul 30, 2011 1:16 PM
Jun 2011
i love everthing except for haruka's eyes
Jul 30, 2011 11:28 PM

Mar 2010
i like it cause its diffrent lol and i kinda like her eyes for the same reason although the whole reason i started watching this anime was for something diffrent (i usually dont pay attention to music when watching shows,anime,movies so i avoid those that are based on the music) so that could have something to do with it

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Aug 10, 2011 1:59 PM

May 2008
Her eyes are indeed creepy~ *brrrrrrr
Aug 20, 2011 2:22 PM

Jun 2011
I'm agreeing with everyone else and saying that Haruka's eyes are the worst part about this show. And I kind of wish her hair was a bit longer...

But the academy, the water, and of course, the guys... PERFECTION.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Feb 16, 2012 11:05 AM
Aug 2011
Art is good, and i also don't like Haruka's eyes ... to bright. But it's something new :)
Nov 23, 2013 11:30 AM

Jul 2012
Art and animation are really good, but character designs irk me just a bit, like Masato's hair. Haruka's design is decent, since she reminds me of Mamori. (Eyeshield 21)
Jul 31, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2013
Haruka's eyes need some pupils. It looks like she's blind. ;n; But other than that, the style is beautiful.

(I think it's tied with Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live on my prettiest art style scale)
Dec 4, 2015 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
I like the character design a lot :3
The boys are hot and Haruka is cute ^-^
Feb 18, 2016 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
Haruka's eyes creep me out, but I don't find her unattractive.
The guys are hella fine, though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2011

78 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 20, 2011

86 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vanissa45 - Sep 24, 2011

137 by runa_niconi »»
Apr 10, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Sep 10, 2011

57 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:54 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 27, 2011

83 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.