Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 8, 2011 1:13 PM

Oct 2010
not rly sure yet , but if it goes well i think i could rly enjoy it , anyway , will definitely watch the next few episodes
Jul 8, 2011 1:30 PM

Jun 2011
This could have been the first pure first-person POV anime, using the producer/cameraman as a surrogate for the audience. Now, it might end up as the harem version of K-ON! but there's more eps. to come. I personally enjoyed the way this episode was handled except the end. It's fine for now. 8/10
_laz_Jul 8, 2011 1:36 PM
The threat is stronger than the execution.
Jul 8, 2011 1:44 PM

Oct 2010
oh kinda suprised that most here didnt mind the "slow" start.
A nice way to introduce the 1st ep like a interview, showing lessons and schedules.
As a Im@s lover I cant say anything bad about it <3
Jul 8, 2011 1:56 PM

Dec 2010
I sort of want them to pull a Xeno and make this shit go all EVA on us, considering all the people that joined to work on this.

Deconstruction of harem/music/moe ahoy!
Jul 8, 2011 2:01 PM

May 2009
So many cute girls. It was pretty much what I expected it to be, although a bit more documentary-ish. I liked it.
Jul 8, 2011 2:04 PM

Oct 2009
miss someone...
Jul 8, 2011 2:19 PM

Oct 2009
I would lol pretty hard if it was like episode 10 or something and then SUDDENLY ROBOTS. The deconstruction of moe.

EnvyOtaku said:
miss someone...

I'm hoping Ryo is gonna show up at one point. ;_;
Jul 8, 2011 2:40 PM

Jun 2010
I can't really make my decision about this anime. I think I have to read the manga to understand it a little more.

Jul 8, 2011 2:46 PM

Jun 2010
Introductory episode, yet I liked it a lot for some reason. So many girls haha, will be following this.
Jul 8, 2011 3:06 PM

Oct 2009
13man18 said:
I can't really make my decision about this anime. I think I have to read the manga to understand it a little more.

Don't, the manga isn't the original source. All the manga are just spinoffs and probably suck, as most manga adapted from games/anime do.
Jul 8, 2011 3:17 PM
Sep 2007
1/10

your typical anime for a fanbase that thinks anime girls>irl girls.
Jul 8, 2011 3:22 PM

Jan 2010
I felt like this anime has a feel similar to K-on.

If the next episode has the same one sided dialog, then I'm dropping this series. I found the one sided dialog good for the intro, but it will be a major nuisance if it continues.
Jul 8, 2011 3:41 PM

Jun 2008
DaiTomodachi said:

If the next episode has the same one sided dialog, then I'm dropping this series. I found the one sided dialog good for the intro, but it will be a major nuisance if it continues.

It will probably drop the "one sided" dialogue, because the "producer" has his own voice and face.

Just don't complain that this is bad because you don't like it. lol

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 8, 2011 3:44 PM

Dec 2010
Ousto said:
13man18 said:

Don't, the manga isn't the original source. All the manga are just spinoffs and probably suck, as most manga adapted from games/anime do.

The manga with the fresh producer who joins due to his grandfather's declining health and his struggle to "polish diamonds" isn't that bad actually.
Jul 8, 2011 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
i liked it -plus if anything i'll just watch this because i like the art,but for some reason i felt awkward watching this whenever they went to the first person view i know this was just introducing the characters but they keep that i dunno :/.
Jul 8, 2011 6:58 PM

Jan 2010
kaimax said:
DaiTomodachi said:

It will probably drop the "one sided" dialogue, because the "producer" has his own voice and face.

Just don't complain that this is bad because you don't like it. lol

touché good sir, touché.
Jul 8, 2011 7:24 PM

Apr 2010
I really hope that only episode one was in Documentary style, and the rest the anime is more right in there with the producer. I like it, but I wont like it if they don't change over from the Documentary style story.
Jul 8, 2011 7:34 PM
Jan 2011
finally,I found a great anime in this summer.
Jul 8, 2011 7:39 PM

Sep 2009
Seems interesting enough. I never played the games, so this is my first experience with Idolmaster.
Jul 8, 2011 8:13 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm.

Also, Unity strengoose.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 8, 2011 8:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
yea, documentary-style was probably only for episode 1.

As someone said, if the the producer didn't show up I would have dropped this already....

Again, not a big fan of the game nor of the first person approach (I'm the RPG and turn-based strategy-type gamer, not the Japanese simulation game type....) Needless to say, I couldn't finish K-ON!! since it was too painfully boring to watch.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 8, 2011 9:00 PM
Mar 2010
notsureifsrs said:
make this shit go all EVA on us,.!

The ED sure fits the NGE-outlook, so...

Also, liked the first episode a lot. Looking foward to this.

totally not biased.
Jul 8, 2011 9:19 PM

Jul 2010
this was great, i am deeply looking forward to more :P it was like a mega moe party XD
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jul 8, 2011 9:45 PM

Jul 2009
llamaben said:
...that was pretty bad.

I agree. If the whole anime is going to be interviews and crap then I will have yo drop this. Characters looked fun though.
Jul 8, 2011 9:50 PM

Oct 2007
This is like The Office, but with idols! I like it.
Jul 8, 2011 9:50 PM

Apr 2011
I was so about the drop this halfway though the episode. That first person crap pissed me off to no end but I'm lucky it endured it. If the producer wasn't introduced by the end I would've dropped this right away but other than that first person crap it looks like it can get better now.
Jul 8, 2011 11:00 PM

Sep 2010
I don't really recommend this to those who aren't really familiar with the series itself.. so all of you guys that are complaining and hating on it should get your fists out of your asses.

I love this though. This is the anime all of us iM@S fans have been waiting for! I heard that Xenoglossia was shit so I never picked it up but once the first news of this came out, I was ecstatic. The animation was amazing and directing as well. Not glad that the Producer's face was revealed. Would've been better if his face was hid the whole show. Really love how its like your playing the game, having P-chan's dialogue appear at the bottom of the screen (but I'm sure this will change since his face was revealed..) AAAaaa finally get to see the idols in all of their beauty.
This is really living up to the series, a proper anime for such a great game.
Jul 8, 2011 11:25 PM

Feb 2008
I've always wanted to play the games, so this is the next best thing. I enjoyed this episode and meeting all the girls. Already deciding on favourites. :P
Jul 9, 2011 12:01 AM

Aug 2008
Watched about five minutes of it. I guess it will be quite enjoyable for the fans of the video game but for me it's just... bad. So... so bad. It's like a collection of everything retarded in this world.

Thought that K-on with its retarded protagonists was bad and insulting? God, this one has 13 of them and from what I've seen their QI isn't that high either.

Seriously, how can someone enjoy this?
Jul 9, 2011 12:06 AM

Dec 2010
Ukyo9 said:

I dunno, the fact everyone and anyone important jumped ship to take part in this shit?

Lolol hoping for more Berserk? NOPE
All of those awesome action scenes in Evangelion? It's all here bud
TTGL? Get some GAR up in my moe, bitch

If this pulled an eva on me it'd be awesome.
Jul 9, 2011 1:23 AM

Apr 2009
Ukyo9 said:

Seriously, how can someone enjoy this?

Cute idol girls doing cute idol girl things. How can you not like it?

HHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.
Jul 9, 2011 3:55 AM
Nov 2009
I loled. Episode 1 gave me a enjoyable time.
Jul 9, 2011 3:58 AM

Sep 2010
This was the longest episode in my entire life, it was horrible, just horrible. I would have dropped it if they kept that documentary approach for episodes to come. It was really boring, humor was pretty bad too... I'll just finish it for the sake of finishing it.
Jul 9, 2011 4:27 AM

Apr 2010
I can already tell this is going to be the divisive anime of the season

Jul 9, 2011 5:32 AM

Oct 2008
notsureifsrs said:
Ukyo9 said:

I dunno, the fact everyone and anyone important jumped ship to take part in this shit?

Good thing you put the question mark. But you did force me to take interest and look into all the people working on this series. It basically looks like a lot of the stand in episode directors and animators got together with some more underlings in some major studio houses (KyotoAn, Gainax, Madhouse, Whitefox...) and decided to work on this project. Maybe they met at a bar or something and decided it'd be cool to work together. I don't know how it happened. It could be that their art houses just didn't have any work for them so they jumped ship? I don't know but a lot of the comments in this forum have me wondering so I'm gonna try this series out and report back. Unfortunitely some of the older voices I recocogonize seem to think this series is a steaming pile. I saw the idea of deconstructing genre's was mentioned and a lot of third wall jumps are part of this series that could be interesting or crap. And to the fans of the series who think everyone else should just F off. Well you almost got me to do just that and not even give this series/franchise a chance. Play nice!
(-_*)

Edit: Update.
Orion1Jul 9, 2011 6:46 AM
Jul 9, 2011 6:31 AM

Feb 2010
Don't know what to say. The interview was a nice idea, but hopefully there won't be others anymore. Oh, and I really like Chihaya so far.
Jul 9, 2011 6:58 AM
Jun 2008
^
interview is over, but I will drop this if they placing 13 idol singing in one single episode .
Anyway, I am curios how this anime will work out.
Jul 9, 2011 8:39 AM

Oct 2009
arigajoe said:
Not glad that the Producer's face was revealed. Would've been better if his face was hid the whole show.

I'm kind of sad his face wasn't just a giant P. That would have been better.

Also, Here's a pretty cool video that mixes the anime ED and footage from the game, so you can really see how the ED was taken directly from the game.
OustoJul 9, 2011 8:46 AM
Jul 9, 2011 8:44 AM

Nov 2009
For me, i kinda new on The IDOLM@STER, my 1st experience on it came on the Xenoglosia series (I stop it half way cos is getting bad and worse, as 'idol' hate 'idol' that kind of situation).

But the REAL IDOLM@STER anime really shows is a fun thing to watch as idol together fulfill their dream, the PV then episode 1 really won me over with those girl in it:

The rest of the other cast:

This is my fav next episode scene:

Jul 9, 2011 8:45 AM

Dec 2009
That was quite boring, i wonder if i should watch the rest.. >_>
Jul 9, 2011 9:33 AM
Mar 2011
boring eye candy anime
Jul 9, 2011 9:45 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty nice; I’m not exactly fan of the IDOLM@STER franchise in general, but it’ll be enjoyable to get through it. Or so I hope.

I didn’t especially love or hate this first episode; it wasn’t impressive or terrible. The cast is vast, so they got plenty of material to work in. I just wish they do.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jul 9, 2011 12:50 PM

May 2011
Don't really know what this is about so I can't really tell if I like this or not. But my first thought on this episode was, what the hell did I just watch...
The first person perspective is definitely unique, but it seems weird to me so I don't really like it. Is it going to be like this the entire time? :s It got really boring because of this.
Too many characters for me to remember, but for some reason Iori really stood out to me. Gotta give this a couple more episodes and see how it develops before I can say whether its good or not.
Jul 9, 2011 4:41 PM

Apr 2008
Looks like a cute series. All of the girls have very well defined personalities. Still not sure if this is one I will continue to follow yet though.

And to this:

Rich Girl Idol said:
Charles du Gaulle XVIII!

Who's going to remember that?

*points to the bunny*

I hereby dub thee "Chuck"! And thou shalt heretofore be referred to as "Chuck" for all thine days!

...or something like that. =-P
Jul 9, 2011 5:06 PM

Dec 2009
I've been waiting for this , and I'm glad that this turned out pretty well^^

4/5
yuno6.jpg
Jul 9, 2011 5:23 PM

Oct 2009
kimmiechan said:
Looks like a cute series. All of the girls have very well defined personalities. Still not sure if this is one I will continue to follow yet though.

And to this:

Rich Girl Idol said:
Charles du Gaulle XVIII!

Who's going to remember that?

*points to the bunny*

I hereby dub thee "Chuck"! And thou shalt heretofore be referred to as "Chuck" for all thine days!

...or something like that. =-P

Iori's bunny is actually named "Usa-chan", she just tries to lie and change his name to something sophisticated.
Jul 9, 2011 5:26 PM

Mar 2011
ZeroZx said:
Don't really know what this is about so I can't really tell if I like this or not. But my first thought on this episode was, what the hell did I just watch...

My thoughts exactly. Just WTF was what I thought after watching this. Not too sure whether I like it or not so I'll stick around for another ep before deciding.
Jul 9, 2011 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
I really liked this first episode. I don't care what anyone says, the documentary format was very fun and fresh. I also like quite a few of the characters, so I'm happy I decided to try this one out!
Jul 9, 2011 7:38 PM

Jan 2011
The majority of my thoughts are in my blog post about the first episode, but I'd like to say it was MUCH more then I was expecting. I'm really looking forward to more! (=
Jul 10, 2011 12:15 AM

Aug 2009
lostty said:
I really liked this first episode. I don't care what anyone says, the documentary format was very fun and fresh. I also like quite a few of the characters, so I'm happy I decided to try this one out!

^ Pretty much how I feel.

Gonna stick with this one then.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM

» Do you have the original (this one) in order to watch million live and cinderella girls

FruityLime - Dec 9, 2023

1 by Mardhav_2007 »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:58 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 28, 2011

80 by Javen_the_Jammy »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ousto - Dec 22, 2011

136 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.