Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 3, 2014 3:17 PM

Oct 2013
I really really really really really liked this episode:D
AnAverageJoeFeb 3, 2014 3:26 PM
Feb 4, 2014 2:46 AM

Dec 2012
This must be the waifu anime. This first episode was a blast though, can already tell this is going to be huge fun. I could feel my heart being plucked at and melting away throughout this episode, a strong and likable cast already.
Feb 10, 2014 4:06 PM

Sep 2010
This series is entertaining so far. I also watched episode 2.
Mar 11, 2014 1:14 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice start with an interesting approach to introduce all the 12 characters! I wonder what the story has to offer us so let's see what's next!
Mar 27, 2014 6:37 AM

Aug 2013
Watching this on a whim. Looks good so far.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 9, 2014 1:11 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Hmm so far I like 3 characters from this show.
1. Chihaya Kisaragi: I like her serious passion for music. She seems the most mature out of all the girls and the one who can be a leader as well.

2. Takane Shijou: As soon as she was introduced her personality captivated me. She's so mysterious, serious, mature, and that just makes her an even more interesting idol.

3. Azusa Miura: The oldest among the group. I like her carefree personality and that she wants to be an idol in hopes that she'll fall in love with the person who finds her first.

I liked the documentary episode as all the girls in the group were introduced and at the same time the producer was filming them which I kind of expected.

Jul 4, 2014 8:03 AM
Mar 2013
It's been a while since I've last seen IdolMaster. This is my first time re-watching the series so hopefully it hasn't lost it's charm.

I really like the way this episode was directed. The first person interview perspective is enjoyable to experience.

For the most part I like most of the idols. I had a little giggle when Azusa got lost. I remember she was always bad with directions ^^

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the episodes again, and of course, meeting the Producer!
Aug 9, 2014 6:35 PM

Jun 2012
I'll take all of them. . . T_T

well, the sole reason I decided to watch this is the moe, so I'm very pleased. I really love the character design and I also like the art.
I'm interested who I will like the most by the end, as of now it is Mami and Ami, followed closely by Chihaya, then maybe the tomboyish one (sorry, forgot the name) if I had to choose a third.

Aug 11, 2014 4:50 PM

Nov 2012
Intro episode was fantastic. It'll take me a while to learn the names of each character, but it shouldn't be a problem. The art is really good and I can't wait for their songs.
Aug 20, 2014 12:24 AM

Jan 2012
how can a man watch this shit... I don't understand
Sep 10, 2014 4:42 AM

Jul 2014
I'm currently watching the first episode: so far don't like the girl whose afraid of men. I'll never understand how can one be afraid of men that's like guys being afraid of women. It just doesn't make sense. It looks alright but then again I watched Attack On Titan and other similar shows so I don't know. I'll probably continue due to wanting to try something new although a cast where the majority are female it'll make me forget this one though. But I'll try to hold on though.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Nov 2, 2014 8:15 PM

Jul 2013
too many characters in one go lol
Nov 22, 2014 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
Start of series quite original, I do not remember when a start like none other souls.
Animations more than good, the drawings were not what I expected, but they are not mediocre.
The scenes were well drawn and colored.
The characters are many and all in their own way in order to distinguish them well characterized despite having already an appearance that makes them well-defined and recognizable.
Narration quite nice and satisfying to understand the world of the idol.
I await the next episodes to better appreciate this show.
For now, my vote is 7/10!
Jan 5, 2015 12:27 AM

Jan 2013
The characters are flat and uninspiring. The art and animation feels a bit weird. I'm not into J-pop. However, it's somewhat entertaining to watch. Due to how this is based on a game, I also kinda like how they made the MC a self-insert. This is one of the times where having a self-insert is better than one with character. Let's see how this goes
Dec 17, 2015 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
Loved this <3 That was a pretty cool way to start out a series, everyone being introduced through 1st person as a cameraman.
Those voices are way different than I would have though. Also expected producer to have a big P for a head lol. Can't believe I missed out on this for so long.
lol
Jan 22, 2016 2:35 PM

Dec 2014
Decided to watch this show for the animation. Was not disappointed by the quality. However, it was boring as all hell... I was so relieved to see a dude at the end, even if he looked like a typical harem lead.
I need sleep.
Sep 1, 2016 1:49 AM

May 2010
Honestly tho, the episodes ratings make me sick. So much hate. Stuff like this make me hate the haters.
Nov 3, 2016 12:19 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty good first episode. Better than I expected. I liked the cameraman twist at the end.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 8, 2017 3:46 AM

Dec 2014
My time has come to finally start idolm@ster. tbh I didn't really like this first episode but for reasons that at least appear to not be a problem later. I didn't like the interview style at all, it just felt weird and out of place. It looks like that won't be an issue anymore though with the way the episode ended. I'm also really worried about character development. It felt like I just got to see all of the girls without getting to know any of them before it ended. This has a lot of episodes so I'm really hoping that won't be a problem.
Nov 20, 2017 9:12 PM
Jul 2018
Holy crap...my brain is fried.
The amount of information conveyed, the crap pacing, all of it, makes the 1st ep of Fate/Zero look totally natural in comparison.
Which is especially frustrating when so much that happened in this ep was interesting on its own.
Especially fooling us into thinking that this anime was going to be a self-insert 1st person perspective, only to turn that around at the end.
Jan 5, 2019 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
Art quality is stunning.
It's pretty refreshing, because all other idol series looks like a crap (especially with garbo 3D performances).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 23, 2019 4:37 PM

Jun 2014
This is my first time watching anything iDOLM@STER related. I've never played any of the video games, but I've seen footage of the games, and I've seen MMD videos of them as well, and for some reason, I own 11 iDOLM@STER figures.

But unfortunately, this Anime doesn't look interesting to me at all. The girls all seem annoying, and their voices are really high pitched and squeaky, which I hate. I'm really disappointed in how horrible Haruka sounds when she speaks. I'll try another episode, but I have a bad feeling that I'll be dropping this. :(

Aug 15, 2019 3:55 AM

Apr 2017
I think this episode was fantastic. Not just the content or the characters but how it used a unique and interesting method of introducing each of the characters in a meaningful way. There are lots of lazy ways to to character introductions and this found a way to break that norm.
Awoo :3
Aug 17, 2019 8:47 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, i already hate most of them. They are so annoying and uninteresting.
And what an awesome producer guy! Never seen such charismatic and interesting character! Fuck him...
Jun 17, 2020 9:11 AM

May 2018
Lol it's still strange being in the camera's POV
Aug 27, 2021 11:57 PM

Aug 2018
Well, I quite like the introduction style.. As if they're making interview.. ;P Or some kind of clip with that, or something.. Feels interesting way to introduce.. ;P Feels like I won't remember everyone right now.. But hopefully with time it'll be alright..
I think I start to get a feel of girls.. Well, of their personality or something they stand out for.. They all feel different, actually.. Just that it'll take time until I'll remember their names, though, lol.. Well, we'll get time for them, really..
Lots of different personalities and girls to choose from.. ;P Well, I think it's the thing.. Maybe it's better way to work on who you already are.. Or on what image you want to give.. Not try to necessary be someone perfect.. Rather be some type, and this way have your fanbase.. But, of course, it's only one of ways.. Just that, it feels, this anime takes this way.. With how girls are different and all kinds of..
Not really sure, if we need male in this party, first episode felt nice even without him.. But will see..
Overall, first episode was interesting and lots of girls with different personalities.. Can be enjoyable anime, really.. But will see more.. ;P
Oct 29, 2021 9:37 PM
Jul 2018
I want Iori to order me around
Nov 10, 2021 1:30 PM

Dec 2012
After seeing so many idol anime, I had to come back to my origin point. This is still easily one of the funnest first episodes and makes me wholeheartedly happy that iM@S was my first step into the world of aidoru.
Dec 6, 2022 10:23 PM

Jul 2017
Giving the series a 2nd shot after 3 and a half years after dropping it 7 episodes in with a friend of mine, and the first impressions are probably worse. I like the documentary idea to introduce characters and familiarize myself with what is happening, who they are and some short tidbits about each of them and their motives. But the execution sucked. It was hard to remember anyone here since besides a couple, most of them were pretty annoying, didn't really have great chemistry with each other, not funny at all, and had scenes that didn't have me interested in them at all. Plus, the episode felt way, way too slow. 20 minutes felt like 3 hours minimum here. Can hope it gets better from here, but the start is not encouraging whatsoever. I don't remember anything really about this when I first tried it in 2019 so that might help me a bit, but I can see why me and my friend dropped it early on given how this episode alone turned out to be and how much of a waste of time it felt like.
Feb 28, 2023 3:39 AM
Feb 2019
A bit of boring but I can't believe that is 24.5% of 1*. that's too much bruh
Apr 27, 2023 7:44 PM
Apr 2023
最高アニメ
Jul 25, 2023 5:27 AM
May 2023
I didnt like how the interviews audio wasn't there and it was just you needed to read it yourself. that and there was nothing that really got me super into it. Maybe the end? but still not that much.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM

» Do you have the original (this one) in order to watch million live and cinderella girls

FruityLime - Dec 9, 2023

1 by Mardhav_2007 »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:58 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 28, 2011

80 by Javen_the_Jammy »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ousto - Dec 22, 2011

136 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.