Forum Settings
Forums

Crunchyroll Announces Summer 2011 Simulcasts

New
Jul 6, 2011 5:14 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
According to their website, Crunchyroll has announced their continuing and new simulcast titles.

The 13 new series include:
  • Kamisama Dolls - Tuesday at 10:00am. Availability for premium members: worldwide except for Japan, South Korea, and North Korea. Availability for free members: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.
  • Yuru Yuri - Monday at 10:30am. Availability for premium members: worldwide except for Japan, South Korea, and North Korea. Availability for free members: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.
  • Natsume Yuujinchou San - Monday at 10:00am. Available in: USA, UK, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Sweden.
  • Usagi Drop - Thursday at 9:30am. Available in: USA, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Netherlands, Brazil, and Portugal.
  • Nekogami Yaoyorozu (simulcasted as "Cat God") - Friday at 5:00pm. Availability: worldwide except for Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Macau, Taiwan, Andorra, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Monaco, and Switzerland.
  • R-15 - Saturday at 9:30am. Availability: North and South America, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Africa, and the Middle East.
  • Sacred Seven - Friday at 12:00am. Available in: USA and Canada.
  • Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi (simulcasted as "A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives") - Friday at 9:00am. Available in: North and South America, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Africa, and the Middle East.
  • Dantalian no Shoka (simulcasted as "The Mystic Archives of Dantalian") - Friday at 9:30am. Available in: North and South America, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Africa, and the Middle East.
  • Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel: Kyun Kyun Tokimeki Paradise!! (simulcasted as "Twin Angel: Twinkle Paradise") - Monday at 9:45am. Available in: North and South America, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Africa, and the Middle East.
  • No.6 - Friday at 5:00pm. Available in: US and Canada.
  • Morita-san wa Mukuchi - Wednesday at 10:00am. Availability: worldwide except for Japan.
  • The iDOLM@STER - Saturday at 9:30am. Availability for premium and free members: North and South America.

Note: All times are for the US West Coast.

In addition to their new simulcasts, Crunchyroll will continue streaming 13 series through the summer season including:
See http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup for the latest updates.

Sources: July 5 post, July 6 post, July 7 post, July 8 post, July 20 post

Related topic: NicoNico Simulcasts Summer 2011 Series

Visual chart of Summer 2011 Licenses/Simulcasts:
myanimelistllcAug 31, 2016 5:26 AM
p r o f i l e 👀
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 6, 2011 5:23 PM

Nov 2008
thing r looking good for them
Jul 6, 2011 5:31 PM

Sep 2008
Fuck, I hope some group still does Usagi Drop. It's not that I hate Crunchy, but I don't like archiving their subs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2011 6:14 PM

Feb 2009
R-15 & Natsume Yuujinchou San looks promising ^^
I'am Thou And Thou Art I...And we're a HAPPY FAMILY!!!
Jul 6, 2011 6:49 PM
Dec 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
Fuck, I hope some group still does Usagi Drop. It's not that I hate Crunchy, but I don't like archiving their subs.
Well, I know 1 group will likely still do it, and it's eventual BD/DVD release.

Jul 6, 2011 7:10 PM
Nov 2008
jmal said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Doki already announced it, so they'll be my archive.
It'll be the day when I download Doki subs over Crunchy subs.
Jul 6, 2011 7:21 PM

Aug 2009
Onibokusu said:
jmal said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Yup. Just... yup.
Jul 6, 2011 7:31 PM

Oct 2008
The only one from that list that I want to watch is Usagi Drop, and it doesn't look like it'll be available in Australia. I guess it's fansubs for me.
Jul 6, 2011 7:41 PM

Apr 2010
no surprise that they got Natsume, but i realy thought that Funimation would get Usagi Drop since its since its a Noitimina show, i wonder if they will get it later anyway,..

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jul 6, 2011 8:09 PM

Jan 2010
I wonder if Crunchyroll will up their game now that Niconico is in the simulcasting business.
Ok™
Jul 6, 2011 8:18 PM

Apr 2010
McRib said:
I wonder if Crunchyroll will up their game now that Niconico is in the simulcasting business.

They're gonna take most of the NicoNico shows (theres been links found to Dantalion, Twin Angel and ItsTenma by the sleuths on Crunchyroll forums), but you get 720p on Crunchy, will you only get a crappy little 360p version on NicoNico. Until NicoNico gives you 720p and the ability to go fullscreen, I don't think Crunchy is in any trouble

Jul 6, 2011 8:34 PM

May 2011
It's a little disappointing to see R-15 not available for Australians..well there are other alternatives.
Jul 6, 2011 9:18 PM

Aug 2008
Crunchyroll also has:

Sacred Seven (as announced by Bandai)
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi
Bibliotheca Mystica de Dantalian
Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel

As RyanSaotome said, the 3 others on this list (which niconico also has) are not confirmed, but can be considered to be leaked.

There is also potentially 2 more, as they announced 12 new titles at AX (even though the lineup only has 10).
Jul 6, 2011 9:40 PM
Feb 2011
llamaben said:
Crunchyroll also has:

Sacred Seven (as announced by Bandai)
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi
Bibliotheca Mystica de Dantalian
Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel

As RyanSaotome said, the 3 others on this list (which niconico also has) are not confirmed, but can be considered to be leaked.

There is also potentially 2 more, as they announced 12 new titles at AX (even though the lineup only has 10).

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that someone besides gg would do Sacred Seven.
Jul 6, 2011 9:42 PM

Mar 2008
Awesome news, I hope Underwater-Commie subs Usagi Drop.

(I prefer them over Doki, no offense)

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Jul 6, 2011 9:49 PM

Aug 2008
losslesswings said:

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that someone besides gg would do Sacred Seven.
I should have mentioned that Sacred Seven will be on a 6 day delay...
Jul 6, 2011 9:51 PM
Feb 2011
llamaben said:
losslesswings said:

That's fine with me. I can wait. ^_^
Jul 6, 2011 10:04 PM

Jul 2009
losslesswings said:
llamaben said:
losslesswings said:

>waiting six days for no reason

huh...gg's subs are decent you know.
Jul 6, 2011 10:11 PM

Aug 2009
Suzuku said:
losslesswings said:
llamaben said:
losslesswings said:

>waiting six days for no reason

That's what I was wondering. GG is pretty good, in my opinion.
Jul 6, 2011 10:12 PM

Apr 2010
And its not like Sacred Seven is some masterpiece that needs the best sub quality possible. I'd just go with GG, as long as they don't start trolling it

Jul 6, 2011 11:00 PM

Mar 2007
...Well now i have a reason to read MAL news ;)

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jul 6, 2011 11:43 PM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
HawthorneKitty said:

most doki translators make up half their lines. I'll have to see if usagi drop gets translated by one of their competent translators
Jul 6, 2011 11:43 PM

Aug 2010
The only anime I'm looking forward to watch is Usagi Drop. Maybe I'll try watching the others..
Jul 7, 2011 12:22 AM

May 2011
Hatsuyuki and Mazui both talked about picking up Usagi Drop.
Jul 7, 2011 12:27 AM

Jan 2010
A thing I hope they will do at some point will be to get more access with their licenses in other countries. so for example Europeans can watch Katekyo Hitman Reborn, or the first episodes of Bleach.

pretty much what I'm waiting for.
Jul 7, 2011 1:10 AM

Nov 2008
Naruleach said:
According to their website, Crunchyroll has announced their continuing and new simulcast titles.

• Usagi Drop - Thursday at 9:30am. Available in: USA, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Netherlands, Brazil, and Portugal.
  • Hey, Crunchyroll, aren't you missing a country there?

I know I can watch slice-of-life with shoujo-ai, and two of the three series that Brains Base are doing this season from you, but I would relinquish them to watch this (seeing as Penguindrum, my most anticipated anime for this season, was the one to be left out).

I'll take Mazui if they do it.
    Neverarine said:
    no surprise that they got Natsume, but i realy thought that Funimation would get Usagi Drop since its since its a Noitimina show, i wonder if they will get it later anyway,..
    Lately, Funimation have only been taking the non-slice-of-life anime from noitaminA (meaning [C] and Fractale) and ignoring the slice-of-life part (Hourou Musuko, AnoHana, Usagi Drop). With that in mind, they will most likely acquire NO.6.
    Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
    [
    Jul 7, 2011 1:14 AM
    Dec 2007
    Cirris said:
    Hatsuyuki and Mazui both talked about picking up Usagi Drop.
    Mazui dropped Stein's Gate cause of CR so I doubt they would unless they consider CR's subs to be horrible.

Jul 7, 2011 1:33 AM

Aug 2008
    FOE-tan said:
    Naruleach said:

• Hey, Crunchyroll, aren't you missing a country there?
    AoD has the UK simulcast rights... It's a pretty useless site, as all it's doing is taking UK rights for animes that would otherwise be on CR or other free sites and charging extra for them. They also have a tendency to get behind on their simulcasts...

FOE-tan said:
    Lately, Funimation have only been taking the non-slice-of-life anime from noitaminA (meaning [C] and Fractale) and ignoring the slice-of-life part (Hourou Musuko, AnoHana, Usagi Drop). With that in mind, they will most likely acquire NO.6.
    Not exactly true, the recent noitaminA trend is that each season has 1 FCC title and one Aniplex title. For the past 2 seasons Funi has not had the Aniplex title, but they've never missed out on the FCC since they started simulcasting. This season the FCC title is Usagi Drop, and the Aniplex one is No 6, hence Funi is no certainty to get it. It could still end up anywhere or nowhere.
    Jul 7, 2011 2:44 AM

Dec 2007
    Thursday at 9 am, that's precisely when I have a chance to watch anime during my week.
    Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
    Jul 7, 2011 3:54 AM
    Jul 2018
    Onibokusu said:
    jmal said:
    HawthorneKitty said:

^ This
    Jul 7, 2011 4:09 AM
    Nov 2008
    jmal said:
    Suzuku said:

God I hope you're kidding. Localized crap + trollsubs, no thanks.

I'll take relatively ok localisation and a potential trollsub episode over anything released by Doki.
    Jul 7, 2011 5:12 AM
    Nov 2008
    jmal said:
    Onibokusu said:
    I'll take relatively ok localisation and a potential trollsub episode over anything released by Doki.

You are why we can't have nice things. But then glancing at some of your posts defending Funimation of all companies, I'm realizing it would be pointless to continue this.

I'm why we can have nice things. I actually support the fansub groups and licensing companies that do what they do well. When GG releases a shitty trollsub translation, that was their intended purpose. Doki unintentionally releases shitty translations.
    Jul 7, 2011 5:24 AM

Nov 2007
    An Usagi Drop simulcast means I'm getting it sooner, so I'm completely delighted. So stoked to watch it.

jmal said:
    Onibokusu said:

You are why we can't have nice things. But then glancing at some of your posts defending Funimation of all companies, I'm realizing it would be pointless to continue this.
    gg are usually quite obvious about their trollsubs being trollsubs. And there is nothing wrong with a good localisation. The reason you're watching a fansub is because you don't speak Japanese. I will never understand why anime fans are so obsessed with having their English fansubs phrased like Japanese sentences. A good localisation flows well.

Anyway, this is all completely off topic, and I'm sure a mod will be around soon enough to stop this.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
    Jul 7, 2011 5:38 AM
    Nov 2008
    jmal said:
    Amaya-no-Hime said:
    I will never understand why anime fans are so obsessed with having their English fansubs phrased like Japanese sentences. A good localisation flows well.

Localization is not sentence flow, that's just basic translation. Any translation can have good, smooth flow regardless of the degree of localization of cultural concepts, so that isn't actually my concern here.
    You're thinking about Americanisation, something already discussed to death in another thread. Localisation refers to a translation that makes the script easily understandable for the intended audience. Americanisation is the changing of cultural concepts and/or visual imagery and/or pronouns to something that is more American (e.g. a rice ball becoming a donut).

Anyways, this isn't what this thread is about.
    Jul 7, 2011 6:16 AM

Oct 2007
    Oh, at least Usagi Drop will be available for me. One of the few I was actually interested in, so good thing.
    Jul 7, 2011 7:15 AM
    Jun 2008
    eh... I can't see my country nor my neighbor country on the list >.>"
    and now even my country start banning major download site really makes me sad

WHERE is MayoChiki !!!!!!><
    MorningGloryJul 7, 2011 7:19 AM
    Jul 7, 2011 8:27 AM

Nov 2008
    No Ro-Kyu-Bu anywhere, wasn't it just licensed, at least have it available for the US at least since we are going to get it.

Jul 7, 2011 8:51 AM

Jan 2010
    Natsume, Kamisama Dolls, and Usagi Drop seem like good additions. I'm sure people will like the other ones as well though.
    Jul 7, 2011 10:12 AM

Apr 2010
    To those discussing gg and doki earlier:

Do you prefer
    a) localized subs, but extremely accurate translations (with a chance of trollsubs, but that trollsub being blatantly obvious and only on shitty shows)
    or
    b) not localized subs, but shit accuracy and sometimes translations that get the entire meaning wrong

For me, overall accuracy is more important than localization, so I will roll with gg, but avoid Doki like the plague unless I know for sure it's one of their more competent translators.
    Jul 7, 2011 10:41 AM

Apr 2010
    Jul 7, 2011 12:54 PM

Apr 2010
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-07/crunchyroll-streams-a-dark-rabbit-has-seven-lives-the-mystic-archives-of-dantalian

All 3 of Crunchys announcements are shows from other sites... NicoNico for IsuTenma/Dantalian, and Hulu for Sacred Seven (and its a 6 day delayed release)

Kinda lame, I must say

Jul 7, 2011 3:56 PM

Jun 2009
    The dark rabbit one is the one I am really interested in.
    Jul 7, 2011 4:07 PM

Apr 2010
    jmal said:
    RyanSaotome said:
    Kinda lame, I must say

On the upside, it won't be 360p on Crunchyroll, so I'm tentatively happy.

It should be noted that NicoNico has a week exclusivity of each one. For example, R-15 doesn't air until the 15th on CR, compared to the 8th on NN.

Jul 8, 2011 12:25 AM
    Anime Moderator
    Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
    Update July 8th

Crunchyroll has added:
    • Sacred Seven - Friday at 12:00am. Available in: USA and Canada.
    • Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi (simulcasted as "A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives") - Friday at 9:00am. Available in: North and South America, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Africa, and the Middle East.
    • Dantalian no Shoka (simulcasted as "The Mystic Archives of Dantalian") - Friday at 9:30am. Available in: North and South America, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Africa, and the Middle East.
    p r o f i l e 👀
    Jul 8, 2011 2:19 AM

Jul 2008
    Congratulations on ignoring the UK once again.
    Jul 8, 2011 11:10 PM
    Anime Moderator
    Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
    Update

Crunchyroll has added:
    p r o f i l e 👀
    Jul 9, 2011 4:50 PM

Sep 2007
    Bah, more series that'll have HorribleSubs releases and won't be hosted at my favorite DDL site. If the episodes were at least available in my country...
    Jul 12, 2011 7:43 AM

Sep 2010
    When i compare these new anime realeases to those older ones i have watched i feel dissapointed, most of them feels medicore although some turns out to be good, wish they could be a little more creative like Soul Eater, that anime was really one of the most creative i have ever watched.
    Jul 20, 2011 1:21 PM
    Anime Moderator
    Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
    Update July 22th

Crunchyroll has added:
    • Morita-san wa Mukuchi - Wednesday at 10:00am. Availability: worldwide except for Japan.
    • The iDOLM@STER - Saturday at 9:30am. Availability for premium and free members: North and South America.
    NaruleachJul 22, 2011 2:49 AM
    p r o f i l e 👀
    Jul 21, 2011 8:22 AM
    Oct 2009
    Really good anime x3 [Nekogami]
    Anyone have find the official OP lyric [Kamisama to issho] ?
    I need them, and i've haven't find yet TwT...
    This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 4 hours ago

7 by RobertBobert »»
    33 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
    3 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
    3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
    6 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
    9 hours ago
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.