Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 6, 2011 9:11 AM
Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The black cat is so cute ^-^
but the Animation is ... ...

... This only last for 5 minute and 1/4 of the Anime consist of ed song, some more its real life dancing.This Anime is sure low budget
Jul 6, 2011 9:22 AM

Jan 2008
This was...bad (for an adult at least, it's clearly anime for children). ED sure made it even worse. Here goes hope for Chi replacement <_<

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jul 6, 2011 9:30 AM

Nov 2008
Oh god I could barely finish the episode, my god it was terrible, seeing blood would at least make this for teens at the least but nope this is for the children. Animation is piss poor, Nyanpire is ok as a character but I'm afraid he will get annoying pretty fast. Why do they just show Misaki's legs? Reminds me of what they did to the black lady in Tom and Jerry, even in Chi, they showed Chi's family in their entirety. OP and ED were the pits, worst ED this summer.

0.2/5

Jul 6, 2011 10:17 AM

Nov 2008
This'll be the best show of the season.
Which is kinda sad.
Jul 6, 2011 10:25 AM

Apr 2007
SO. CUTE.

With the exception of the ending song, which is terrible.
Jul 6, 2011 10:33 AM
Nov 2008
I clocked the anime at actually being two minutes long, save for the opening and ending segments.

The animation reminds me of Harvest Moon: My Little Shop. That's not a good thing, not at all. Also, what's with the cross? Vampires despise crosses, they don't wear them.
Jul 6, 2011 10:42 AM

Sep 2008
Monochrome said:
SO. CUTE.

SO. TRUE.
Jul 6, 2011 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
Onibokusu said:
I clocked the anime at actually being two minutes long, save for the opening and ending segments.

The animation reminds me of Harvest Moon: My Little Shop. That's not a good thing, not at all. Also, what's with the cross? Vampires despise crosses, they don't wear them.

A case of Narutoism, like Ninja's wearing orange is out of place, vampires shouldn't wear crosses.

Jul 6, 2011 11:17 AM
Sep 2009
That was magical :)
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jul 6, 2011 11:32 AM

Dec 2007
Monochrome said:

You should be hanged. I'm sorry.
Jul 6, 2011 11:41 AM

Dec 2008
Oh, come on! It was very cute! :3
And the eding is not good, but who cares about that?

Jul 6, 2011 11:43 AM

Jun 2007
GIVE ME BLOOD NYAN!
Jul 6, 2011 12:08 PM

Oct 2009
Onibokusu said:
Also, what's with the cross? Vampires despise crosses, they don't wear them.

Haven't you heard about Rosario + Nyanpire ? Also by Gonzo.
Jul 6, 2011 12:21 PM

Aug 2009
...I found this adorable. And actually, if you just don't watch... actual people in the ED, I think that the song is kinda cute. I mean, this is all supposed to be little kiddy cute. It sure felt little kiddy cute to me.
Jul 6, 2011 12:23 PM

Aug 2008
What the hell did i just watch? I thought that nothing could top Haiyoru! Nyaruani.
Jul 6, 2011 12:25 PM

Sep 2010
ED by Hyadain & Sasaki Sayaka = WIN (really adore them)

Nyanpire is cute ^_^

Rozario+Nyanpire, heh? Kapu-chuuuuuuuuuu...

8/10 for now.
2e16nig.png
Jul 6, 2011 12:49 PM
Jun 2007
Seems like some people are taking this show too serious.

It's just five minutes and obviously aimed at children.

The cat seems cute and the op/ed/whatever rocks, nyan~
Jul 6, 2011 12:57 PM

Oct 2007
DAT ENDING!

"Smells fishy..."

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 6, 2011 1:10 PM

May 2009
4/5
Very, very weird "anime" show, but at the same point, cool ;) if I may say so.
Jul 6, 2011 1:33 PM

Jun 2008
Doushite, nyan? Oh my, so Bakemonogatari-like.
Cute. Love it. Watch it.
Jul 6, 2011 1:56 PM

Aug 2010
Better than Vampire Knight already.
Jul 6, 2011 2:01 PM

Apr 2010
It's nothing amazing, but then again it is aimed at little kids.. so it's cute, which is what it's supposed to be. I liked it :)

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Jul 6, 2011 3:06 PM

Aug 2007
LOVED IT.

Here's hoping for glorious GONZO rebirth now.
Jul 6, 2011 3:06 PM

Aug 2009
This was cute, but...

GOD

I'M SO SCARED WITH THE ED!!!!D: (though I want those cat plushies... ;w;)
Jul 6, 2011 3:21 PM

Feb 2009
That was nice.
People who take this seriously are LOL.
At first I was like, (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ <--- Then I was like
In the end, I was \(▽ ̄\( ̄▽ ̄)/ ̄▽)/ヤッタァー!!
Jul 6, 2011 3:22 PM

Jul 2010
This is one of the cutest anime I've ever watched. I can't help being a cat lover.
Jul 6, 2011 3:28 PM

Apr 2009
5/5

Whoever expected something else is an idiot. Also, anime of the year.

KeiranShikari said:
Better than Vampire Knight already.

Unko-san is better than Vampire Knight.
NidhoeggrJul 6, 2011 3:44 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 6, 2011 3:36 PM

May 2009
Nyanpire is a brilliant satire on the current state of the anime industry. Every single second is filled with absolutely ingenious takes on how far this great medium has fallen. I wouldn't expect anything less from GONZO (creators of such masterpieces as Strike Witches and Rosario + Vampire). The symbolism and writing in this show is top-tier as one can evidence from watching the first episode alone:

The homeless, dying cat represents various studios and creators being unable to keep up with the industry, only the be revived but now needing blood (otaku money) to survive. This is a self-reference to GONZO and their return after shutting their doors 2 years ago, coming back with something incredible. We next see Nyanpire begging a young girl for blood, which she refuses to give him. Nyanpire then goes into the fridge to find something to drink. He reaches for the Tabasco sauce at first but at the last minute grabs and drinks the ketchup, this represents creators being hesitant to try anything original because it may backfire and burn their mouths, so to speak. The ketchup represents half-assed philosophical anime such as Elfen Lied, made only to appeal to viewers with a false sense of entitlement and overestimate of their own intellect. Nyanpire begins to reach toward the Tabasco again, but this time he grabs the blood orange juice. This is fanservice and moe-anime such as K-on! made to appeal to the otaku for a quick buck. The girl (fans) is obviously not pleased with Nyanpire's behavior so she gives him a dead fish to eat (poor reception of series).

Nyanpire manages to be hilarious yet spot-on in its critique of the state of anime, and I further await future installments to see what other genius GONZO will pump out.
Jul 6, 2011 3:41 PM

Apr 2009
Thelostcup said:
Nyanpire is a brilliant satire on the current state of the anime industry. Every single second is filled with absolutely ingenious takes on how far this great medium has fallen. I wouldn't expect anything less from GONZO (creators of such masterpieces as Strike Witches and Rosario + Vampire). The symbolism and writing in this show is top-tier as one can evidence from watching the first episode alone:

The homeless, dying cat represents various studios and creators being unable to keep up with the industry, only the be revived but now needing blood (otaku money) to survive. This is a self-reference to GONZO and their return after shutting their doors 2 years ago, coming back with something incredible. We next see Nyanpire begging a young girl for blood, which she refuses to give him. Nyanpire then goes into the fridge to find something to drink. He reaches for the Tabasco sauce at first but at the last minute grabs and drinks the ketchup, this represents creators being hesitant to try anything original because it may backfire and burn their mouths, so to speak. The ketchup represents half-assed philosophical anime such as Elfen Lied, made only to appeal to viewers with a false sense of entitlement and overestimate of their own intellect. Nyanpire begins to reach toward the Tabasco again, but this time he grabs the blood orange juice. This is fanservice and moe-anime such as K-on! made to appeal to the otaku for a quick buck. The girl (fans) is obviously not pleased with Nyanpire's behavior so she gives him a dead fish to eat (poor reception of series).

Nyanpire manages to be hilarious yet spot-on in its critique of the state of anime, and I further await future installments to see what other genius GONZO will pump out.

Finally someone who understand the deep implications of this masterpiece. I am moved.
NidhoeggrJul 6, 2011 3:44 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 6, 2011 3:43 PM
Mar 2009
Thelostcup said:

Enlightenment attained. Thank you, sir.
Jul 6, 2011 4:14 PM

Nov 2008
Who voiced the girl? Was it Aya Hirano? Ayana Taketatsu? It kind of sounded like either of them.

Also fuck yeah Hyadain.
Jul 6, 2011 4:21 PM
Jun 2011
FlashFumo said:
Who voiced the girl? Was it Aya Hirano? Ayana Taketatsu? It kind of sounded like either of them.

Also fuck yeah Hyadain.

I think it was her
kaijumanJul 6, 2011 4:59 PM
Jul 6, 2011 4:24 PM

Jan 2010
TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
NYAN~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2011 4:36 PM
Jun 2008
wow, I never expected this Anime's topic to reach 2 page.I guess people are aiming for moe here or maybe the ending is just too awesome.
I remember the last topic I made for those 5minute Anime(which I really like ) ended up like.. zZZZZ .
MorningGloryJul 6, 2011 4:41 PM
Jul 6, 2011 4:43 PM

Jan 2010
And I thought Shiki was scary! Holy crap.

And finally, it's nice to get some REAL vampires for a change. Glad the Nyanpire staff knows what they're doing.

Fool scoop for randumb fun on my blahg.
Cho_DesuJul 6, 2011 5:19 PM
Jul 6, 2011 4:55 PM

Apr 2011
The episode it self it's ok...

Not really fun and poorly animated, but cute...

The ending is orrible!!!!

3/5
Jul 6, 2011 5:02 PM

Jul 2010
I have a feeling this show will surprise many including me by the time it ends...
Jul 6, 2011 5:04 PM
Jan 2009
Thelostcup said:

Brilliant review for a brilliant anime. I've only seen one episode but this is definitely taking Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's #5 spot on my list of greatest anime of all time.
Jul 6, 2011 5:16 PM

Oct 2009
HNNNNNNNNNGH

This will be my favorite of the season (aside from idolm@ster) too bad it's so short.

ED is awesome. Hyadain and Asou Natsuko working together is always great. Hyadain is hilarious in it.
Jul 6, 2011 5:54 PM

Nov 2008
The ending is badass. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously just joking.
Jul 6, 2011 5:58 PM
Jun 2011
FlashFumo said:
The ending is badass. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously just joking.

Or have a really bad taste in music.
Jul 6, 2011 6:10 PM

May 2009
Koshimizu Ami doing a cute cat voice? That alone makes it worth the watch. The ending (or is it going to be the opening?) was fun.
Jul 6, 2011 6:14 PM

Aug 2008
10/10
this anime raises some philosophical questions, which I can't explain without spoiling it!

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Jul 6, 2011 6:25 PM

Jul 2011
Psh. I loved it. It's obviously not meant to be taken seriously (as others have said already, it's a children's show). It's fun, light-hearted and cute. It will definitely make for tons of marketing ideas with a simple character with simple design. Unashamedly I would buy it all. :P
Jul 6, 2011 6:36 PM

Feb 2011
Why the fuck the Rec system its full with this crappy show...

1/5
Jul 6, 2011 6:49 PM

Aug 2007
Sattyricon said:

1/5

They're just trolling MAL. And its not THAT bad, its cute in its own right.
Jul 6, 2011 6:56 PM

Jun 2008
I really wish he drank that Tabasco sauce.

Also, I hope next week, Nyanpire tackles the socioeconomic repercussions of poverty on today's social ladders.
Jul 6, 2011 7:02 PM
Jul 2011
Sattyricon said:

1/5

Why the fuck can't you appreciate a beautiful show for what it is? Did you even read the below post?

Thelostcup said:

Jul 6, 2011 7:39 PM

May 2010
I watch this for the "satirical" implication they're saying.

To be honest, I still don't get how did they arrive at such idea. O_o
Jul 6, 2011 7:52 PM

May 2010
Haters just want the generic anime that they watch every single day and do not understand the true beauty of this masterpiece just because they cannot accept the fact that it's so different from what they are used to. Seriously it's bloody cute (no pun intended).

5/5
10/10
50/50
100/100

I wanted him to drink that tabasco sauce though.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nyanpire The Animation Episode 5 Discussion

Paiguy - Aug 3, 2011

32 by waldy713 »»
Nov 28, 2023 10:13 AM

Poll: » Nyanpire The Animation Episode 4 Discussion

Elite60 - Jul 27, 2011

21 by waldy713 »»
Nov 28, 2023 9:26 AM

Poll: » Nyanpire The Animation Episode 3 Discussion

Ksa - Jul 20, 2011

28 by waldy713 »»
Nov 28, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Nyanpire The Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MorningGlory - Jul 13, 2011

54 by waldy713 »»
Nov 28, 2023 9:19 AM

Poll: » Nyanpire The Animation Episode 6 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Aug 10, 2011

23 by heyaheya »»
Aug 31, 2023 12:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.